Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mobile phone help!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Who to turn to when you need some advice??

Can anybody give advice on the best PAYG tariff. ie which company to go with.????

Thanks xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm with Asda who use the vodafone network to run theirs, I never have any probs, signal wise and it's 8p a min for calls and 4p per text

over a year ago

Orange been with for years on PAYG & contract never a problem.

* Creeps round grave yard *

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thank you.

What I should have mentioned is that I have £50 in Argos vouchers so would like to use them. Perhaps with £30 or £40 extra. But probably one of the big names will ber best.

I'm thinking possibly T-mobile!

over a year ago

car phone warehouse are doing a p&g phone for 99p

not sure which network, must be worth considering as an emergancy keep in the glovebox type phone

over a year ago

Check the network coverage for the areas you want to use it in. Some places round here Orange is useless.

over a year ago

Phones themselves are personal choice and most are available on all the networks.

Have a look at the respective web sites for o2, voda, t-mobile, Orange and three and see what they offer (online do tend to offer better tarrifs, you can still buy the handset from Argos though, just buy for the right network)

Will depend on if you you would find free minutes or free texts useful, or some even give free landline calls, or free calls to say 6 or 10 numbers. What numbers do you call most and what network are they on?

What is the coverage like in the area(s) its going to be used.

Although id say that O2 and Voda have the best voice coverage (taking into account the H&I of Scotland and more remote places, and im a network engineer for one of them, lol), Orange are not far behind and now that T-mob share orange sites (for voice) they are equal.

Hope that maybe help you go in the right direction.

S

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Im in the process of changing my phone (when someone shows me how to work it) ive gone with vodophone, 300 minutes talk time and unlimited texts for £15 a month

Post new Message to Thread