Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Concussion

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

In a fine example of fucktardery I managed to give myself concussion. A&E advice was pretty much just to rest but I still feel a bit groggy and weird today and am going stir crazy

Anyone else ever had it, any idea how long till I'm back to normal?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ouch, if memory serves 24 hours, but it varies

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

It depends entirely on you and must not be rushed.

My friend took 4 months recently. I have taken 12. Hours, the is no rule of thumb.

over a year ago

Normal

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

What did you do, OP?

over a year ago

"It depends entirely on you and must not be rushed.

My friend took 4 months recently. I have taken 12. Hours, the is no rule of thumb."

4 MONTHS!

1 1/2 days and I'm gojng crazy already

over a year ago

"What did you do, OP?"

Managed to come off my bike riding to work. For maximum embaressment this happened at walking speed outside my flat. Unfortunately the upshot was I headbutted the floor with my head taking the full impact

over a year ago

All depends on how hard you hit your head!

I recently went on a first aid course and this was mentioned, times vary significantly for each person, one known case lasting for up to 6 weeks.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"What did you do, OP?

Managed to come off my bike riding to work. For maximum embaressment this happened at walking speed outside my flat. Unfortunately the upshot was I headbutted the floor with my head taking the full impact"

Look at the headway website,it has a concussion advice sheet which is really informative

I'd post the link but would have to ban myself

ps.....ouch!

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

My friend took 4 months recently. I have taken 12. Hours, the is no rule of thumb.

4 MONTHS!

1 1/2 days and I'm gojng crazy already"

Aye, it can be a bugger.

Did you have a helmet on?

Really your doctor is the only person from whom you should be taking advice. Concussion is a right pest. I manage to get it from time to time being hit by hockey balls and sticks.

Definitely worth going through the initial boredom though as you can make it much worse if you don't. Another dunt now could have serious consequences.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"In a fine example of fucktardery I managed to give myself concussion. A&E advice was pretty much just to rest but I still feel a bit groggy and weird today and am going stir crazy

"

It depends, I have plummeted off horses onto my head a few times, and whilst it's normally 24 hrs, the last one was a bad one and took a fortnight of headaches.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Headaches and dizziness and eye sight blurring - get yourself to a&e

over a year ago

I got hit in the head by a horse the beginning of June and im still not 100% and I was wearing my hat. It just depends on the injury I guess

over a year ago

And that is why bicycles are bad for you. I'd stick to my car I think from now.

over a year ago

If it is concussion, do NOT go to sleep. Ever again....mmwaaahahaha.

Seriously, avoid sleep for a few hours until the headache and dizzyess has subsided. That's what drs always tell me, and I've had it a dozen times or so.

over a year ago

Hope you're feeling better soon. Make sure you've someone with you most of the time just in case.

I've had it a few times after hitting my head during a seizure, subsided after a couple or 3 days.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"In a fine example of fucktardery I managed to give myself concussion. A&E advice was pretty much just to rest but I still feel a bit groggy and weird today and am going stir crazy

"

I fell down the stairs last year and got a concussion. Was pretty much OK a couple of days later...other than the insomnia it caused which lasted about four months and was a pain in the arse!

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I had it countless times years ago playing rugby.

Recovery ranged from a day to nearly a week - depending on how hard the head/knee/foot/elbow/floor my head hit was.

You should notice the symptoms easing when you're getting back to normal. There's no set time I'm afraid. It's a question of simply waiting it out.

Don't watch too much TV, listen to loud music or sit under bright lights as this will aggravate things.

A

over a year ago

4 MONTHS!

1 1/2 days and I'm gojng crazy already

Aye, it can be a bugger.

Did you have a helmet on?

Really your doctor is the only person from whom you should be taking advice. Concussion is a right pest. I manage to get it from time to time being hit by hockey balls and sticks.

Definitely worth going through the initial boredom though as you can make it much worse if you don't. Another dunt now could have serious consequences. "

I did have a helmet on, I'm actually quite cynical about there use but low speed impacts is where they are their most useful!

over a year ago

"If it is concussion, do NOT go to sleep. Ever again....mmwaaahahaha.

Seriously, avoid sleep for a few hours until the headache and dizzyess has subsided. That's what drs always tell me, and I've had it a dozen times or so."

I sleapt for around 5 hours after it happened. Don't think the doctor in A&E was too impressed with that!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Make sure Crystal wakes you up every time you're about to fall asleep.

I hope you feel better soon.

over a year ago

"

I've had concussion so many times it's a wonder I can still talk!

Is one of your pupils dilated?

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Make sure Crystal wakes you up every time you're about to fall asleep.

I hope you feel better soon."

Apparently blow jobs three times a day reduces the symptoms.

Allegedly

A

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Make sure Crystal wakes you up every time you're about to fall asleep.

I hope you feel better soon.

Apparently blow jobs three times a day reduces the symptoms.

Allegedly

A"

Really? When I was concussed I think it would have made things worse to be giving blow jobs.

over a year ago

I was sparing with a relatively well known fighter and he hit me with a big shot to the left of my head by my ear I carried on fighting several more hard rounds and trained some more after, driving home I started to feel bad, headache, nausea and everything going dark and into a tunnel, I pulled over but it cleared a bit got home safe but felt really bad and the light hurt, I brushed my teeth and I noticed my nose, eye and ear on my otherside of my head to the one I got punched on was bleeding. I curled up in foetal position in bed, my son shouted me coz it was only 9 oclock and he was worried about me. I think that was concusion.

over a year ago

I had a fall a few weeks ago i suffer from post concussion syndrome symptoms can last upto a year.

Post new Message to Thread