Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Parents with just one child

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I just have the one son & I do sometimes wish I'd had another child but for different reasons I didn't.

Do any of you with just one child regret not having any more?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"I just have the one son & I do sometimes wish I'd had another child but for different reasons I didn't.

Do any of you with just one child regret not having any more?"

I have 2 boys but a 5 year age gap (about to turn 14 & 9 - not out of choice) which is just rubbish - they are very different & like doing different things. Sometimes I think I'd rather have just 1 or wish they could've been closer together.

The older one won't be around in a couple of years if he joins the army as planned so then it'll be like just having 1 again

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

We have just one Daughter we struggled to get her had a hysterectomy 2 months after her birth

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We have 1 boy and are happy with that

We don't want anymore kids

over a year ago

No never regret it as I don't think I'd have the relationship I have with my daughter if I had more kids.

By *ones_BoothCouple
over a year ago

Solihull

"I just have the one son & I do sometimes wish I'd had another child but for different reasons I didn't.

Do any of you with just one child regret not having any more?"

Not us, cant improve on perfection, so we had just the one

over a year ago

My mum only has me, I'm sure she's never regretted having more

Funnily enough, she always said that if she didn't have any children before she was 30 she wasn't having any at all. I was born exactly 23 days before her 30th birthday.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do any of your children ever say they wished they had a brother or sister?

Mine did when he was younger but isn't bothered anymore. He has a good set of friends.

over a year ago

I have 2 boys but a 5 year age gap (about to turn 14 & 9 - not out of choice) which is just rubbish - they are very different & like doing different things. Sometimes I think I'd rather have just 1 or wish they could've been closer together.

The older one won't be around in a couple of years if he joins the army as planned so then it'll be like just having 1 again "

I have 3 kids! The oldest hated being an only child until I had the first of her siblings 12 years later - she then wished she was an only child again!

My younger two were born exactly 18 months apart. I had this romantic fantasy in my head in which they grew up as best friends, always there for each other! They loathe each other and avoid being together whenever possible!!

I adore all my kids and we're a relatively happy family - but there's no such thing as a perfect family or the perfect number of children! Xx

over a year ago

Just the 1 for me! Shes 19 so i defo dont want to start again! Next stage for me is glamerous granny!!

over a year ago

We have one daughter each (from past marriages) and have never regretted it, nor felt the desire to have any more.

By *U1966Man
over a year ago

Devon

One daughter and very happy my little angel

even though she's taller than me now

over a year ago

"Do any of your children ever say they wished they had a brother or sister?

Mine did when he was younger but isn't bothered anymore. He has a good set of friends."

Ours doesn't, he's quite happy on his own

By *andy_tomMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

I have 6 kids , dont regret any of them , 5 boys and 1 girl .

over a year ago

We dream of the day we'll be able to have the one.

over a year ago

I just have the one son & I do sometimes wish I'd had another child but for different reasons I didn't.

I only have one child and will always regret not having anymore. I can find it very upsetting at times if I allow myself to dwell on it and my daughter has said that she wishes that she had a brother or sister which breaks my heart even more but I have friends who can't have children so I count my blessings that I have her.

By *ingle Beds LassWoman
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

Just one son and regret it. Wish I had had one more child so at least there would be a better chance of being looked after a bit in my older years

By *elloWoman
over a year ago

alpha centauri

My child is 10 and I was adamant that I wanted more but the person I was with didn't want children so I had donor insemination and am now expecting but unfortunately am no longer with my partner which is a great shame but I knew I would of regretted not having another child.

Post new Message to Thread