Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Women making the first move...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

...and not just on here, but in the world in general.

It's generally understood that many guys will go for a woman who LOOKS good (at least initially), I'm sure many people have come across a scene at some point in life where a particularly beautiful girl strolls up the street turning heads as she goes. What I want to know is, in the case of women, what is it about a guy that makes you HAVE to go over and chat to him?

What is it about a man, be it in either his appearance or his character, that makes you decide 'I'm not just going to just let this man pass me by, I don't want to be a stranger, I want to see if I can get to know him better'?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Hard drugs posibly

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I would never just walk upto a stranger in the street and start talking just because he turned my head

it's behaviour like that that gets your a stalker reputation

over a year ago

I met my partner on here, and I messaged first. I liked his posts and sense of humour initially, plus his public pictures suggested he was attractive. I was right.

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Hard drugs posibly "

And vodka!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I talk to people all the time. I will go up and talk to men out there in the real world. It might be something I overhear them saying or the way they carry themselves and in one particular case it was just that he smelled divine - that was like every pheromone was pulling me towards him.

When I make the first move on here I usually get blocked or ignored. PMs to people from the forum have been chatty and sometimes lead to a little more (not often) which is always a bonus.

over a year ago

I don't make the first move on here or in the real world. X

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Hard drugs posibly

And vodka! "

Na just the vodka didn't cut it on Saturday night

over a year ago

I would make a move on a guy if we had been talking and I liked him but say I was in asda and I saw a really attractive guy I would never just stroll over and start talking

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

First moves would be most welcome but I should probably 'man up' (hate that saying)

Maybe society dictates but it does seem a bit old fashioned. This is just a microcosm of society after all.

over a year ago

I would never make the first move either on here or in real life.

I'm not confident enough to do so.

over a year ago

I've approached a couple of guys in recent years when ive been out , but it has to be that I can't resist, I do look at the eye contact first though.

If they started running away I wouldn't be able to catch them.

On here, the best way I knowis to Fab their photos .

over a year ago

"First moves would be most welcome but I should probably 'man up' (hate that saying)

Maybe society dictates but it does seem a bit old fashioned. This is just a microcosm of society after all. "

see what would worry me is if I saw a good looking guy while out and I though I just HAVE to talk and not let this one go it would be my luck that after I made a pass at him his Mrs would be stood behind me arms crossed

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"I've approached a couple of guys in recent years when ive been out , but it has to be that I can't resist, I do look at the eye contact first though.

If they started running away I wouldn't be able to catch them.

On here, the best way I knowis to Fab their photos ."

Please go fab my pics

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

"I would never just walk upto a stranger in the street and start talking just because he turned my head

it's behaviour like that that gets your a stalker reputation "

That's pretty much how I ended up with Flik...but as stalkers go she's a pretty good one

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

"I would never make the first move either on here or in real life.

I'm not confident enough to do so."

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I'm happy for a lady to make the first move on me

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Bit of booze for confidence and I can be quite forward. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I scared a poor young man in Isis Quest on Friday night, I know that!

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"First moves would be most welcome but I should probably 'man up' (hate that saying)

Maybe society dictates but it does seem a bit old fashioned. This is just a microcosm of society after all.

see what would worry me is if I saw a good looking guy while out and I though I just HAVE to talk and not let this one go it would be my luck that after I made a pass at him his Mrs would be stood behind me arms crossed "

Nah, you'd know as he would've spotted her behind you beforehand and would be flustered!

Also you'd get the confidence to do it again, because what are the chances it could happen twice!?

over a year ago

see what would worry me is if I saw a good looking guy while out and I though I just HAVE to talk and not let this one go it would be my luck that after I made a pass at him his Mrs would be stood behind me arms crossed

Nah, you'd know as he would've spotted her behind you beforehand and would be flustered!

Also you'd get the confidence to do it again, because what are the chances it could happen twice!? "

for me? it could happen 10 times

over a year ago

When we first met I supplied the wine, she made the first move. I never was any good at reading the signals

over a year ago

I love a woman with the confidence to make the first move

over a year ago

"I love a woman with the confidence to make the first move "

Even if she's a minger

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Actually I reckon if I didn't make the first move most of the time I would get precious little action. Single men seem to be a bit timid these days.

over a year ago

Maybe society dictates but it does seem a bit old fashioned. This is just a microcosm of society after all. "

Truth be told I'd LOVE to be able to make the first move on a woman, the funny thing is I don't lack much in the way of confidence (I wouldn't have had as many meets as I have otherwise), but breaking the ice is incredibly hard for me, I always seem to get it wrong and come off as either a lummox, or so intense (this is a big thing about my personality) that I scare them off.

I've always done better in an environment where I can express myself and show off my more attractive qualities from afar, and try and entice women to me that way, unfortunately, it doesn't give me the control over ending my loneliness that I'd like.

over a year ago

It wouldn't really happen in real life. You wouldn't know the guys circumstances for one, chances are he'd be taken anyway. In a bar or a night club it's easier to make conversation I suppose.

The last guy I dated I was in a bar and he was with 4 other guys, I saw him made eye contact then saw him again at the bar, was waiting to get served and he was just getting served so stood next to him and as he told the barmaid what he wanted I said make that 2, then said to him I'll give you the money! He said don't worry about it but give me your number! Gave it to him and he messaged me the next day. Turned out he'd just got back from 7 months in afghan and was probably dying for a fuck but we dated for 4 months afterwards!

over a year ago

I haven't the confidence to make the first move either here or off here I wish I could.....was different when I was a teenager

over a year ago

I never used to be confident enough but just lately I'm getting really bold, I shock myself at times

over a year ago

"Actually I reckon if I didn't make the first move most of the time I would get precious little action. Single men seem to be a bit timid these days."
Do you find the same with couples or are they a bit more easy going in general?

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Actually I reckon if I didn't make the first move most of the time I would get precious little action. Single men seem to be a bit timid these days. Do you find the same with couples or are they a bit more easy going in general?"

I don't meet couples.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/07/15 21:49:15]

over a year ago

"Actually I reckon if I didn't make the first move most of the time I would get precious little action. Single men seem to be a bit timid these days.

Do you find the same with couples or are they a bit more easy going in general

I don't meet couples."

I'd never make a move on a couple jesus female half's of couples scare the shit out of me and in to heavy for egg shell treading

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Actually I reckon if I didn't make the first move most of the time I would get precious little action. Single men seem to be a bit timid these days.

Do you find the same with couples or are they a bit more easy going in general

I don't meet couples.

I'd never make a move on a couple jesus female half's of couples scare the shit out of me and in to heavy for egg shell treading "

Indeed. I can be forward with a bloke, but flirting with a bloke with his missus there? Nooooo!

over a year ago

I literally threw myself at Clarence as he wasnt taking my subtle hints!

On here I actively look and have messaged quite a few of the people we meet first!

over a year ago

If they bounce their boobs that the sign for me to make my move

over a year ago

"Actually I reckon if I didn't make the first move most of the time I would get precious little action. Single men seem to be a bit timid these days. Do you find the same with couples or are they a bit more easy going in general?

I don't meet couples."

That can't stop them approaching you though does it? I was just wondering if they do or if most couples wait until they're approached?

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Actually I reckon if I didn't make the first move most of the time I would get precious little action. Single men seem to be a bit timid these days. Do you find the same with couples or are they a bit more easy going in general?

I don't meet couples. That can't stop them approaching you though does it? I was just wondering if they do or if most couples wait until they're approached?"

I don't get approached by couples.

over a year ago

I don't meet couples. That can't stop them approaching you though does it? I was just wondering if they do or if most couples wait until they're approached?

I don't get approached by couples. "

contrary to popular belief not many couples in clubs approach women I have found many times if I talk to couples in clubs the woman gets very protective over their guy I thinking the guy would like you to join but I have always got the impression very few of the female half do

over a year ago

I don't meet couples. That can't stop them approaching you though does it? I was just wondering if they do or if most couples wait until they're approached?

I don't get approached by couples. "

I thought that might be the case with most couples, I suppose they spend too much time discussing someone with each other rather than just going for it

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

contrary to popular belief not many couples in clubs approach women I have found many times if I talk to couples in clubs the woman gets very protective over their guy I thinking the guy would like you to join but I have always got the impression very few of the female half do"

Protective? There's screeching noises as the blokes are dragged forcefully away.

I stick with single blokes. Much less hassle.

By *a petite madameWoman
over a year ago

London / Essex

"I would never make the first move either on here or in real life.

I'm not confident enough to do so."

over a year ago

contrary to popular belief not many couples in clubs approach women I have found many times if I talk to couples in clubs the woman gets very protective over their guy I thinking the guy would like you to join but I have always got the impression very few of the female half do

Protective? There's screeching noises as the blokes are dragged forcefully away.

I stick with single blokes. Much less hassle."

lol that's the one

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

I have never, in my entire life, here nor in the big wide world, ever taken the first step to speak to a guy

But I have many times walked over to couples in swingers clubs and started a conversation with them

Don't know why that is, but it is

over a year ago

I've now got a vision of finger nails leaving gouges in floor boards as they're being dragged away

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"I've now got a vision of finger nails leaving gouges in floor boards as they're being dragged away "

Its always a comedy moment. Surprising considering the amount of couples on here looking for single women.

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"Bit of booze for confidence and I can be quite forward. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I scared a poor young man in Isis Quest on Friday night, I know that! "

Careful what you say. Cameron will be sending you to sort out the rest of Is is.

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Truth be told I'd LOVE to be able to make the first move on a woman, the funny thing is I don't lack much in the way of confidence (I wouldn't have had as many meets as I have otherwise), but breaking the ice is incredibly hard for me, I always seem to get it wrong and come off as either a lummox, or so intense (this is a big thing about my personality) that I scare them off.

I've always done better in an environment where I can express myself and show off my more attractive qualities from afar, and try and entice women to me that way, unfortunately, it doesn't give me the control over ending my loneliness that I'd like."

I think it would be a huge complement if a woman made the first move, it doesn't necessarily she wants to marry the guy but definitely bounds over some initial hurdles, as the whole rejection thing is a biggie for some and it's easier said than done.

over a year ago

"I've now got a vision of finger nails leaving gouges in floor boards as they're being dragged away

Its always a comedy moment. Surprising considering the amount of couples on here looking for single women."

At least it proves that you're a threat to the female

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"I've now got a vision of finger nails leaving gouges in floor boards as they're being dragged away

Its always a comedy moment. Surprising considering the amount of couples on here looking for single women. At least it proves that you're a threat to the female "

over a year ago

When I was 16 I had a crush on a guy in my class. I finally built up the courage and said, fuck it! I'm asking him out. When I did, he looked horrified and told me it wasn't very feminine to be asking a guy out. That it's the guy's job, and that he liked feminine girls. So, needless to say, I didn't go out with my crush and I never made the first move with a guy again

-Courtney

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

I stick with single blokes. Much less hassle."

You calling us simple

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I've always done better in an environment where I can express myself and show off my more attractive qualities from afar, and try and entice women to me that way, unfortunately, it doesn't give me the control over ending my loneliness that I'd like.

I think it would be a huge complement if a woman made the first move, it doesn't necessarily she wants to marry the guy but definitely bounds over some initial hurdles, as the whole rejection thing is a biggie for some and it's easier said than done. "

We get rejected too when we make the first move.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I rarely make a first move though might 'put myself in harms way' on purpose. I did once see a guy who looked like Robert Redford in my wine bar on New Years Eve so made damn sure I was standing beside him at midnight.....

over a year ago

"I rarely make a first move though might 'put myself in harms way' on purpose. I did once see a guy who looked like Robert Redford in my wine bar on New Years Eve so made damn sure I was standing beside him at midnight..... "

As the Sundance Kid, I reckon you could make a realistic argument for him being the most handsome movie star of all time

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

A nice smile that exudes a natural confidence that attracts me and I have no problems making the first move on here or in real life

over a year ago

"I love a woman with the confidence to make the first move "

Mines nothing to do with confidence but a personal belief that a man should make the first move.

Only exception is if we have gone to a gg night

over a year ago

contrary to popular belief not many couples in clubs approach women I have found many times if I talk to couples in clubs the woman gets very protective over their guy I thinking the guy would like you to join but I have always got the impression very few of the female half do"

This is the case even if you just try to talk to some couples When by yourself x

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I rarely make a first move though might 'put myself in harms way' on purpose. I did once see a guy who looked like Robert Redford in my wine bar on New Years Eve so made damn sure I was standing beside him at midnight.....

As the Sundance Kid, I reckon you could make a realistic argument for him being the most handsome movie star of all time "

Yes he looked great. I've always loved floppy blond hair but I think that guy was the only time I had a relationship with someone who had it lol!

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

I love it when a woman makes the first move. It doesn't happen very often though.

over a year ago

"I love it when a woman makes the first move. It doesn't happen very often though. "

Ditto.

By *lashheartMan
over a year ago

shrewsbury

Me too. Find it a massive turn on. Even if she just looks for a very long time and smiles that's enough for me I have to go say hello

over a year ago

It definitely takes the uncertainty out of the situation.

By *hortieWoman
over a year ago

Northampton

I have occasionally made the first move. Its not often I see someone I really like, but if I do, I will 'seize the moment'.

Last most memorable time, was 19-20 years ago, working in a warehouse and seeing a guy, and thinking.... wow.

It was probably his looks that firstly attracted me to him, but he was a little aloof, sexy as hell and just got on with his job quietly and confidently.

Took me a couple of months of stalking and tempting him with one of his favourite things (I can't say what on here) - and we got together and not too long after got married.

We were together just over 10 years when he died.

I never balk at going for what I like.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

On here I prefer to make the first move and to choose according to my preferences

over a year ago

Strangely enough, I love making the first move in France , starting a conversation in a bar with a man but in England I'm more shy, I think it's because I'm not confident in speaking English enough ...

over a year ago

I have made the first move.

Since becoming a swinger it gave me confidence and that has translated to rl too.

On here its easy but out there a quick drink for dutch and I will initiate- life is too short!

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

On here, just sending a wink is a good first move for a woman.

By *lashheartMan
over a year ago

shrewsbury

"Strangely enough, I love making the first move in France , starting a conversation in a bar with a man but in England I'm more shy, I think it's because I'm not confident in speaking English enough ..."

You don't need to. Just speak in French the guys will be putty in your hands

over a year ago

I tried

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I'm curious and nosey so.always like to fill in some gaps, when I see or appreciate something good about someone. Hang out a bit, chat, any random inanity, it doesn't matter. It's pre-stalking behaviour, NN was a little concerned, but a fuller picture helps you to decide better if someone is worthy.

Those people who pass through your life will have all been influenced somehow and potentially available. Take the chance.

over a year ago

Lady made the first approach on here to me. We've met twice and soon to meet a third time. I've not had a successfull meet from me making the first move. This is in complete contrast to the 'real world' but there ya go.

over a year ago

In the 'real world' I find the women I'm attracted to have a frustrating, sometimes even painful habit of being spoken for.

over a year ago

If I see a guy in the real world that I fancy (very rare!) - my first question to myself is "Am I strong enough to break his legs if he turns out to be trouble?" If the answer is "No!" - then I tend to walk away...!

I find that I tend to walk away quite often these days...

over a year ago

see what would worry me is if I saw a good looking guy while out and I though I just HAVE to talk and not let this one go it would be my luck that after I made a pass at him his Mrs would be stood behind me arms crossed "

Exactly!! In the real world I no longer date, flirt or approach anyone in a flirtatious way! I have no way of knowing whether they're single or remotely interested in me! I also have no idea what their sexual interests are!

I much prefer fab as I'm a straight talking person - and on here I can be myself! On the occasions when I've made the first move I've rarely been turned down! I'm very lucky!

over a year ago

Never happen to me although I get sometimes comments from women how big my muscles are, which is nice

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

If any ladys would like to practice there 1st move tactics im free all day and soooooo up for it. That is all

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"If any ladys would like to practice there 1st move tactics im free all day and soooooo up for it. That is all "

Peachy this means you

Post new Message to Thread