Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why are women...

Jump to newest

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

...generally more nosey than men.

Not in all cases but women just seem to always have an interest in what others are doing. Stuff that just goes over us guys heads they notice and take an interest in. Like they're living in a soap opera or something. Always sticking their beaks in. Soaking up gossip like a sponge. And they remember the most trivial bits of information as well. Which they never ever forget!

For example men don't care if Deirdre down the roads uncles best friends dog has broke his leg. It's not of any interest to us, but you women love this shit. So women why are you so nosey and why do you like to gossip?!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

The remarkable memory is a bit alarming sometimes.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Intrigued rather than nosey ! Sounds far better

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"Intrigued rather than nosey ! Sounds far better "

Ah intrigued!! But why soooo intrigued over things you don't have any connection to?

over a year ago

Not all women thank you very much lol

over a year ago

We just have a healthy interest in the world around us!

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"The remarkable memory is a bit alarming sometimes. "

Their memory for some things is scary. You really have to have your wits about you when you're around one. They NEVER forget ANYTHING you've ever said

over a year ago

"

Their memory for some things is scary. You really have to have your wits about you when you're around one. They NEVER forget ANYTHING you've ever said "

My memory is appaling because i usually couldnt care less. Slightly embarassing sometimes though. Especially when you cant remeber things ppl have told you... whoops lol

over a year ago

"...generally more nosey than men.

Not in all cases but women just seem to always have an interest in what others are doing. Stuff that just goes over us guys heads they notice and take an interest in. Like they're living in a soap opera or something. Always sticking their beaks in. Soaking up gossip like a sponge. And they remember the most trivial bits of information as well. Which they never ever forget!

For example men don't care if Deirdre down the roads uncles best friends dog has broke his leg. It's not of any interest to us, but you women love this shit. So women why are you so nosey and why do you like to gossip?! "

I think I must be the exception to the rule then! I'm not nosey and I don't like gossip - or the bitching that unfortunately seems to come hand in hand with it!

For that reason I often tend to get on better with blokes than women! X

over a year ago

"Intrigued rather than nosey ! Sounds far better

Ah intrigued!! But why soooo intrigued over things you don't have any connection to? "

Quite simply ..... Because I can

over a year ago

I cant be a normal woman ....I hate shopping ,rarely wear make up and dont gossip

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"

Their memory for some things is scary. You really have to have your wits about you when you're around one. They NEVER forget ANYTHING you've ever said

My memory is appaling because i usually couldnt care less. Slightly embarassing sometimes though. Especially when you cant remeber things ppl have told you... whoops lol"

You're in the minority, going on the women I've known

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

I'm getting the feeling some women don't even realise they're doing it

over a year ago

I love a bit of gossip

like the woman I work with who met a guy off the interest only 2 weeks ago and she's already moved him in and they are getting married next month

I mean who doesn't want to know this shit

over a year ago

Men remember things like how to park a car.

Women remember to the finest detail the time you mentioned that men remember how to park a car, and bring it up the very next time you don't *quite* manage to park the car perfectly first go.

over a year ago

"

My memory is appaling because i usually couldnt care less. Slightly embarassing sometimes though. Especially when you cant remeber things ppl have told you... whoops lol

You're in the minority, going on the women I've known "

I dont know to be honest. Maybe im too blokey in some ways. Hate shopping and gossip also celebs make me yawn. Give me a nice steak and a glass of red down the pub anyday

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"I love a bit of gossip

like the woman I work with who met a guy off the interest only 2 weeks ago and she's already moved him in and they are getting married next month

I mean who doesn't want to know this shit "

That's the kind of shite I'm talking about!

over a year ago

"I love a bit of gossip

That's the kind of shite I'm talking about! "

But it's shit that makes you realise your life is actually normal

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"Men remember things like how to park a car.

Women remember to the finest detail the time you mentioned that men remember how to park a car, and bring it up the very next time you don't *quite* manage to park the car perfectly first go."

Haha!! That's right

over a year ago

You're mistaking nosey for an ability to store lots of useless meaningless info then regurgitate it later on while us men stand and pretend to be paying attention!

Obviously just said in jest to all the women out there , men, you know what I mean haha.

over a year ago

I would say men are more nosey especially on here. When I mentioned I had a hospital appointment to a guy on here as he asked me what I had planned i then got 20 questions asking me what I was going hospital for. He shut up when I said it was ok he couldn't catch it

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"I love a bit of gossip

But it's shit that makes you realise your life is actually normal "

But to a man it's shit we don't want or need clogging up our brains!

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

For example men don't care if Deirdre down the roads uncles best friends dog has broke his leg. It's not of any interest to us, but you women love this shit. So women why are you so nosey and why do you like to gossip?! "

I don't but thanks for the laugh

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

For example men don't care if Deirdre down the roads uncles best friends dog has broke his leg. It's not of any interest to us, but you women love this shit. So women why are you so nosey and why do you like to gossip?!

I don't but thanks for the laugh "

Like I said previously, I can only assume you don't even know you're doing it!

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"You're mistaking nosey for an ability to store lots of useless meaningless info then regurgitate it later on while us men stand and pretend to be paying attention!

Obviously just said in jest to all the women out there , men, you know what I mean haha.

"

I know exactly what you mean!

over a year ago

I think you will find a fair men can be just as intrigued, nosey and gossips just as much as some women.

Our ability to remember everything just shows how fucking brilliant U.S. women actually are!

over a year ago

On here I sometimes find its men with more interest in what others are doing.

Women don't need to make it as obvious though

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"I think you will find a fair men can be just as intrigued, nosey and gossips just as much as some women.

Our ability to remember everything just shows how fucking brilliant U.S. women actually are! "

Bollocks!!

over a year ago

"I love a bit of gossip

But to a man it's shit we don't want or need clogging up our brains! "

It's not our fault that we have the ability to store lots more information in our brains is it?

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"On here I sometimes find its men with more interest in what others are doing.

Women don't need to make it as obvious though "

I think there's a very specific and quite obvious reason why men show a lot of interest in things on here I can give you a clue if you like...

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"I love a bit of gossip

But to a man it's shit we don't want or need clogging up our brains!

It's not our fault that we have the ability to store lots more information in our brains is it? "

It's true you women do have quite a bit of vacant space up there for such things. Men's brains are chocker block with the really clever and important stuff!

over a year ago

"The remarkable memory is a bit alarming sometimes. "

I'd agree with that but their memory is probably similar to that of men, the human brain always finds it easier to remember things that it enjoys that makes it want to think.

So women may be more concerned with the lass up the road's auntie's dog having a broken leg due to their superior ability to empathise generally allied with their multitasking abilities as they can absorb more of a conversation when otherwise occupied. Whereas a bloke would be more likely to remember more teams who had won the FA cup since 1980 due to his enjoyment of the subject and his generally better understanding of stats and how to apply them to estimation.

over a year ago

"On here I sometimes find its men with more interest in what others are doing.

Women don't need to make it as obvious though

I think there's a very specific and quite obvious reason why men show a lot of interest in things on here I can give you a clue if you like..."

Interest I understand. It's when they start drama I don't

over a year ago

Your mum told you when your younger to tell you everything it was brain washed into you

Women do like to know everything yet they also like to find things out a man can make his own decisions on his own a little boy has to ask mummy

Here we go again mysterious stranger or creepy weirdo

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"The remarkable memory is a bit alarming sometimes.

I'd agree with that but their memory is probably similar to that of men, the human brain always finds it easier to remember things that it enjoys that makes it want to think.

So women may be more concerned with the lass up the road's auntie's dog having a broken leg due to their superior ability to empathise generally allied with their multitasking abilities as they can absorb more of a conversation when otherwise occupied. Whereas a bloke would be more likely to remember more teams who had won the FA cup since 1980 due to his enjoyment of the subject and his generally better understanding of stats and how to apply them to estimation."

From a scientific point of _iew I'm sure you're right Sounds about right.

Just to confirm this thread is just a bit of fun. Let's not get too serious here

over a year ago

There's nothing wrong with something that at least half the population does - surely it's more your problem than ours, because you're not able to keep up...?

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

There's nothing wrong with something that at least half the population does - surely it's more your problem than ours, because you're not able to keep up...?

"

There's certainly nothing wrong with it. And I don't have a problem with it per se. I was just curious as to why a lot of women seem to act like this

over a year ago

"You're mistaking nosey for an ability to store lots of useless meaningless info then regurgitate it later on while us men stand and pretend to be paying attention!

"

This is why the most successful trivial pursuit teams have at least one woman member.

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

Their memory for some things is scary. You really have to have your wits about you when you're around one. They NEVER forget ANYTHING you've ever said "

well as they say ypu have to love a woman's personality, as they have several....

over a year ago

You never know when you might need to use that information against someone.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

".

I think I must be the exception to the rule then! I'm not nosey and I don't like gossip - or the bitching that unfortunately seems to come hand in hand with it!

For that reason I often tend to get on better with blokes than women! X"

Yea, me too, my friends are nearly always male, I couldn't give two hoots about what someone down the road has done! I do remember relational stuff though, because my relationships are very important to me.

over a year ago

I'd give any women a run for there money when it comes to being nosey! Defos not a gossip tho just like to know everything that's going on round about me lol

over a year ago

"

My memory is appaling because i usually couldnt care less. Slightly embarassing sometimes though. Especially when you cant remeber things ppl have told you... whoops lol"

My memory is the same- my mates tease me about it all the time! Makes for amusing conversations with Mr as we both have shit memories!!

-Mrs-

over a year ago

I know men who are gossips...

Dunno why anyone feels the need to talk about unimportant stuff, or tell others about people we don't even know (or care to know about).

Half the time people get gossip wrong as well, then we get to shit stir hehe.

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

It is almost as if men and women are different? How revolutionary!! Have you told the government?

over a year ago

I'm really not interested

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

So women may be more concerned with the lass up the road's auntie's dog having a broken leg due to their superior ability to empathise generally allied with their multitasking abilities as they can absorb more of a conversation when otherwise occupied. Whereas a bloke would be more likely to remember more teams who had won the FA cup since 1980 due to his enjoyment of the subject and his generally better understanding of stats and how to apply them to estimation.

Just to confirm this thread is just a bit of fun. Let's not get too serious here "

Cue the femminazis.

Men may not have fun at the expense of a woman. That is sexism.

Women may have as much fun at the expense of men as they like as it is revenge for decades of oppression.

However one point which does sustain; making fun of entire genders based on cheap stereotypes is a but 1960s. I thought we had moved on a bit since then?

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

Just to confirm this thread is just a bit of fun. Let's not get too serious here

Cue the femminazis.

Women may have as much fun at the expense of men as they like as it is revenge for decades of oppression.

However one point which does sustain; making fun of entire genders based on cheap stereotypes is a but 1960s. I thought we had moved on a bit since then? "

I started this thread off by pointing out a simple observation. It was just a bit of fun. That is all. As always on Fab, it just descends into chaos. People who've had a humour bypass have to get their knickers in a knot. It's one of the few certainties in life. Start a thread on Fab and eventually it'll turn to shit.

over a year ago

Why does every lighthearted thread turn into someone thinking its someone having a go?

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"Why does every lighthearted thread turn into someone thinking its someone having a go? "

Yep!!

over a year ago

Cue the femminazis.

However one point which does sustain; making fun of entire genders based on cheap stereotypes is a but 1960s. I thought we had moved on a bit since then?

I started this thread off by pointing out a simple observation. It was just a bit of fun. That is all. As always on Fab, it just descends into chaos. People who've had a humour bypass have to get their knickers in a knot. It's one of the few certainties in life. Start a thread on Fab and eventually it'll turn to shit."

I've just said exactly the same thing!!

I love a bit of gossip, but only about people I know & work with but that's usually I'm the one being gossiped about

Me & work Xmas parties are not a good mix!

And as Howard knows, I have an extremely good memory regarding things people have told me in the past

over a year ago

"

My memory is the same- my mates tease me about it all the time! Makes for amusing conversations with Mr as we both have shit memories!!

-Mrs- "

Haha im jealous unfortunately my other half remebers every detail including what clothes i wore a wk on tuesady pmsl

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Cue the femminazis.

I started this thread off by pointing out a simple observation. It was just a bit of fun. That is all. As always on Fab, it just descends into chaos. People who've had a humour bypass have to get their knickers in a knot. It's one of the few certainties in life. Start a thread on Fab and eventually it'll turn to shit."

I was having fun. Just different fun to you. But we are all here to have fun.

If I started a post asking why all black people liked fried chicken would that be a bit of fun or racist?

I strongly suspect the latter.

over a year ago

Try having hyperthymesia. I can remember every single day of my life from when my memories began.

over a year ago

Gossip drives me mad! I've always avoided the playground ones when my children were younger. Some parents would still be gossiping an hour after school drop off!

And memory - I think you remember things if they're important to you. So I'm rubbish if it doesn't interest me at all.

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

So women why are you so nosey and why do you like to gossip?! "

Why d'ya ask?... mind yer own business!!

*jus' kiddin' *

over a year ago

Cue the femminazis.

I started this thread off by pointing out a simple observation. It was just a bit of fun. That is all. As always on Fab, it just descends into chaos. People who've had a humour bypass have to get their knickers in a knot. It's one of the few certainties in life. Start a thread on Fab and eventually it'll turn to shit.

If I started a post asking why all black people liked fried chicken would that be a bit of fun or racist?

I strongly suspect the latter."

Have any women on this thread found this thread sexist or insulting or have they taken it in the context it was meant in?

I find it a lot more insulting that you seem to think you have to stick up for me.

I can do that myself, thank you very much

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Men are gossips! In fact, more likely to gossip than women, according to some research.

I think the female brain and body are designed for superior things in life. Raising children, amongst them. We're nurturing and finding out if someone's not going to be able to help out at some point is highly useful: we can ignore them for a while.

As some corporations point out, 'people are our biggest strength'. Women know this, so keeping tabs on everyone allows us to stay stronger: there's strength in numbers.

over a year ago

"Have any women on this thread found this thread sexist or insulting or have they taken it in the context it was meant in?"

I find it sexist because it stereotypes women as gossips and excludes men, although i have a good idea that it also wasn't intending to be malicious.

By *leur de lisWoman
over a year ago

Buxton

Men are as nosey but you have to face the fact out of an average 16 hour day guys spend 8 hours obsessing or playing with their cocks so have less time to think about what others are doing.

over a year ago

Men are as nosey but you have to face the fact out of an average 16 hour day guys spend 8 hours obsessing or playing with their cocks so have less time to think about what others are doing. "

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

Men are as nosey but you have to face the fact out of an average 16 hour day guys spend 8 hours obsessing or playing with their cocks so have less time to think about what others are doing. "

Am I allowed to find that stereotypical PC bridage? For your information I don't spend any time obsessing about my cock. I do however spend at least ten hours a day playing with it!

over a year ago

Men are as nosey but you have to face the fact out of an average 16 hour day guys spend 8 hours obsessing or playing with their cocks so have less time to think about what others are doing.

Am I allowed to find that stereotypical PC bridage? For your information I don't spend any time obsessing about my cock. I do however spend at least ten hours a day playing with it! "

I wouldn't say I obsess about my cock at all. In fact I'm far more concerned with the places I can put it within..

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Cue the femminazis.

Have any women on this thread found this thread sexist or insulting or have they taken it in the context it was meant in?

I find it a lot more insulting that you seem to think you have to stick up for me.

I can do that myself, thank you very much "

I am not sticking up for you.

That is more than a tad presumptuous.

over a year ago

Haha.from the opposite this does men no favours

Women encompass so much

Men car\beer\sex

But suppose once every now and then a man does come along that can encompass as much as women do, and women love them. Most have a gay friend and in most cases I think this touches on why

*no forumites where or where intended to be harmed by the generalisations in this post

over a year ago

Cue the femminazis.

That is more than a tad presumptuous."

I didn't mean me personally, but women as a whole

over a year ago

Nosiness, gossip, idle chit-chat etc are all ways to acquire knowledge. Some little tit-bit of info may be of use one day - knowledge is power.

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

..."

Ammunition, in case it is needed in the future

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Cue the femminazis.

I didn't mean me personally, but women as a whole "

Lol still presumptuous.

Gender/sex stereotyping was what I was getting at. It is all a little outdated.

I drew a parallel with racial stereotyping which if someone indulged in and said it was all a bit of fun people would be up in arms. I fail to see how this is any different. It is stereotyping based on an arbitrary metric if which people have no control.

I never once said I was defending anyone. I never said I was trying to help any particular group or people.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

this is going well

over a year ago

Cue the femminazis.

I didn't mean me personally, but women as a whole

Lol still presumptuous.

Gender/sex stereotyping was what I was getting at. It is all a little outdated.

I drew a parallel with racial stereotyping which if someone indulged in and said it was all a bit of fun people would be up in arms. I fail to see how this is any different. It is stereotyping based on an arbitrary metric if which people have no control.

I never once said I was defending anyone. I never said I was trying to help any particular group or people. "

Fair enough but it was just a light hearted thread about women being more nosey & gossiping more and on the whole, we are more inclined to do that than men.

Not all of course

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

Men like to gossip just as much as women!

over a year ago

The OP said not all. It's just supposed to be a take the pee thread, I can never understand why a topic gets taken so seriously.

The original post - isn't derisory to women. I read it as tongue in cheek, not like I need to go and burn my bra somewhere or swing it round my head.

over a year ago

"this is going well "

I thought the same!

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"...

I can never understand why a topic gets taken so seriously.

"

because

Okay?????

over a year ago

"The OP said not all. It's just supposed to be a take the pee thread, I can never understand why a topic gets taken so seriously.

The original post - isn't derisory to women. I read it as tongue in cheek, not like I need to go and burn my bra somewhere or swing it round my head. "

over a year ago

"The OP said not all. It's just supposed to be a take the pee thread, I can never understand why a topic gets taken so seriously.

The original post - isn't derisory to women. I read it as tongue in cheek, not like I need to go and burn my bra somewhere or swing it round my head. "

over a year ago

"...

I can never understand why a topic gets taken so seriously.

because

Okay?????

"

Hahaha brilliant

over a year ago

over a year ago

"I love a bit of gossip

I mean who doesn't want to know this shit "

Is she up the duff?

over a year ago

are you certain of the? They say 6 months ago after dinner you said ..... But as you have no memory of what you had for dinner let alone what was said who knows if it's true?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Talking to others. Listening about others and spreading the word is what makes society tick.

It's communication in both information and caring.

It's a highly positive trait.

Of course in women ..... it's denounced as gossip.

It's actually the best way to make sure that news gets about and people bond. Not to mention that people get taken care of.

I'm not offended by the content of this thread but it can't be passed off as funny. It's just unfunny mistruths.

Studies generally find that men talk just as much but of course they call that other names like :- inquisitive, banter or helpful.

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

-iona- please don't burn your bra. I'll happily take it off your hands without you having to go to such lengths. As for swinging it around your head. At least make sure I'm there to witness it

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I haven't read through the responses.

I don't think of myself as nosy. I'm observant, often intuitive, interested in nonsense and serious stuff and always happy to ask questions to be better understand a situation. If the question bit is what makes me nosy then so be it.

I have a good memory for all sorts of information. Some men deem me to be a witch for this ability.

As for gender and nosy, I have more men on here trying to find out who I meet when and where than I have women.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Talking to others. Listening about others and spreading the word is what makes society tick.

It's communication in both information and caring.

It's a highly positive trait.

Of course in women ..... it's denounced as gossip.

It's actually the best way to make sure that news gets about and people bond. Not to mention that people get taken care of.

I'm not offended by the content of this thread but it can't be passed off as funny. It's just unfunny mistruths.

Studies generally find that men talk just as much but of course they call that other names like :- inquisitive, banter or helpful. "

just randomly reading back up the thread now.

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

I don't but thanks for the laugh

Like I said previously, I can only assume you don't even know you're doing it! "

Post new Message to Thread