Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Problems reading?

Jump to newest

By *bhol1 OP   Couple
over a year ago

east ardsley

We have seen a few profiles on here where it clearly says no black or asian, indeed we have this on our profile as it is our preference. Why is it that we still get messages by the boat load off asians and blacks? Is general ignorance, do they not read profiles or is it something else? Is it time FAB brought in a race preference?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *each_PittWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

I've something similar on mine and still get the odd message. I think some probz see it as a challenge to bend your rules.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"We have seen a few profiles on here where it clearly says no black or asian, indeed we have this on our profile as it is our preference. Why is it that we still get messages by the boat load off asians and blacks? Is general ignorance, do they not read profiles or is it something else? Is it time FAB brought in a race preference?"

There already is a search option via ethnicity.

But it's simple to delete and block anyone you're not interested in.

Far easier, permanent and way less stressful than trying to ponder why people do things.

A

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

it goes back as far as Moses, it will go on until Princess Charlotte is a great grandmother.....

it ain't gonna change....

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

ugh... me black... me not read....

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

To balance things up,women couples and guys of all ethnicities can't read either ....and any other group I've missed

Some read profiles, some don't. Respond to those that you are interested in ignore/delete/block those you aren't.

You can search by racial preference so why not stop everyone from messaging you and do your own searching?

By *bhol1 OP   Couple
over a year ago

east ardsley

"We have seen a few profiles on here where it clearly says no black or asian, indeed we have this on our profile as it is our preference. Why is it that we still get messages by the boat load off asians and blacks? Is general ignorance, do they not read profiles or is it something else? Is it time FAB brought in a race preference?

There already is a search option via ethnicity.

But it's simple to delete and block anyone you're not interested in.

Far easier, permanent and way less stressful than trying to ponder why people do things.

A"

I know there is a search preference but there should be a way of blocking different races just as you can block newbies etc.

By *bhol1 OP   Couple
over a year ago

east ardsley

"ugh... me black... me not read.... "

To be fair I didn't say anyone couldn't read I said you don't read profiles!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Did you message them then? That's the only way their comment would apply to you. They never said it was a general observation or sweeping statement, they asked why those who don't meet the criteria in their profile messaged them.

By *ngel n tedCouple
over a year ago

maidstone

a deviation from your usual style of riposte

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"ugh... me black... me not read....

To be fair I didn't say anyone couldn't read I said you don't read profiles!"

you as in black people?? right??? just checking for the hole that you are digging....

look.... an arse in an arse..... be that black/white/tall/short/straight/bi/ single.... or heaven forbid... even couple!!!!!

By *bhol1 OP   Couple
over a year ago

east ardsley

you as in black people?? right??? just checking for the hole that you are digging....

look.... an arse in an arse..... be that black/white/tall/short/straight/bi/ single.... or heaven forbid... even couple!!!!! "

Yes you as in people it clearly states on our profile we are not interested in! Why would you or anyone else waste their time messaging us?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

a deviation from your usual style of riposte "

well if people want to throw out sweeping generalisations about one group of people.... let me throw back a rally sarcasic answer to the pish and nonsense.... I just cant be arsed dealing with stereotypical claptrap today

heck some people don't read profiles... newsflash!!!

be that "some" black people.. or "some" white people... or "some" young people.. or "some" old people... or "some" straight people..... or "some" bi people..... and so on and so on.....

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

look.... an arse in an arse..... be that black/white/tall/short/straight/bi/ single.... or heaven forbid... even couple!!!!!

Yes you as in people it clearly states on our profile we are not interested in! Why would you or anyone else waste their time messaging us?"

Now THAT is the million dollar question.

over a year ago

They must be picking up WiFi at Dover or Felixstowe

over a year ago

evesham

well if people want to throw out sweeping generalisations about one group of people.... let me throw back a rally sarcasic answer to the pish and nonsense.... I just cant be arsed dealing with stereotypical claptrap today

be that "some" black people.. or "some" white people... or "some" young people.. or "some" old people... or "some" straight people..... or "some" bi people..... and so on and so on....."

But they did say some as they were questioning the mind set of those who messaged them despite their profile saying they were not interested in black or Asian men. They may not have written it down but anyone could read the intention. You just chose to get offended by it.

By *bhol1 OP   Couple
over a year ago

east ardsley

be that "some" black people.. or "some" white people... or "some" young people.. or "some" old people... or "some" straight people..... or "some" bi people..... and so on and so on....."

I totally agree with you but I am able to block newbies old or young or gay in my preferences but I am not able to block different races.

By *AURA6969TV/TS
over a year ago

RUGBY

don't forget some cross dressers

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

be that "some" black people.. or "some" white people... or "some" young people.. or "some" old people... or "some" straight people..... or "some" bi people..... and so on and so on.....

I totally agree with you but I am able to block newbies old or young or gay in my preferences but I am not able to block different races."

I didn't realise you could block gay

over a year ago

I get messages off people (couples included) that state 'will not meet asians' on their profile. I also get messages off people who are outside my age range and those who state 'wont meet smokers'. I just delete and click next.

I dont let it stress me.

By *bhol1 OP   Couple
over a year ago

east ardsley

"I get messages off people (couples included) that state 'will not meet asians' on their profile. I also get messages off people who are outside my age range and those who state 'wont meet smokers'. I just delete and click next.

I dont let it stress me.

Age range can be set in preferences.

"

over a year ago

I think the best thing is to actually ask those that message you why they do it. I come across a lot of profiles who are exactly what i'm looking for but I don't match their requirements. It's either i'm too short, Asian, too young or I have facial hair etc.

...and that's a lot of profile. But, i'm the kind of person who wouldn't message, as i'm not what they look for. Unless, they haven't mentioned it on their profile

By *bhol1 OP   Couple
over a year ago

east ardsley

"I think the best thing is to actually ask those that message you why they do it. I come across a lot of profiles who are exactly what i'm looking for but I don't match their requirements. It's either i'm too short, Asian, too young or I have facial hair etc.

...and that's a lot of profile. But, i'm the kind of person who wouldn't message, as i'm not what they look for. Unless, they haven't mentioned it on their profile

"

Hurray for you someone who reads and respects a profile.

over a year ago

Because they are taking a chance if you might change ur mind or its just a copy and paste msg lol.

over a year ago

"To balance things up,women couples and guys of all ethnicities can't read either ....and any other group I've missed

Some read profiles, some don't. Respond to those that you are interested in ignore/delete/block those you aren't.

You can search by racial preference so why not stop everyone from messaging you and do your own searching? "

It's not rocket science.

Or is it.........

over a year ago

"We have seen a few profiles on here where it clearly says no black or asian, indeed we have this on our profile as it is our preference. Why is it that we still get messages by the boat load off asians and blacks? Is general ignorance, do they not read profiles or is it something else? Is it time FAB brought in a race preference?"

I actually find this statement very offensive. I'm white so it's not personal to myself but why oh why would you feel the need to say ' by the boat load *of* asians and blacks' christ we are in 2015 now,right?. I do understand your frustration at being contacted by people who don't match your preference but such is life.

over a year ago

"We have seen a few profiles on here where it clearly says no black or asian, indeed we have this on our profile as it is our preference. Why is it that we still get messages by the boat load off asians and blacks? Is general ignorance, do they not read profiles or is it something else? Is it time FAB brought in a race preference?

I actually find this statement very offensive. I'm white so it's not personal to myself but why oh why would you feel the need to say ' by the boat load *of* asians and blacks' christ we are in 2015 now,right?. I do understand your frustration at being contacted by people who don't match your preference but such is life.

"

over a year ago

Lots of people message without reading a profile. Before now, I have had literally no profile and still received messages stating - love your profile! I think - what profile! It doesn't bother me though, I found it funny at the time.

Like others suggested, put filters on and go searching for what you want, if it is easier.

By *bhol1 OP   Couple
over a year ago

east ardsley

"

Read it again did I write boat load of or boat load off? Thank you for proving my point about people not reading, by omitting one letter you made my post into something entirely different! I suggest you take more care.

over a year ago

evesham

"

What's offensive about it?

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"

I find it quite amazing that

1, they do not get contacted by white dick heads or white people who don't include a pic .this is obvious because he they did they would surely not just mentioned a particular subset ?

2, that Absolutely all combinations of mixing the so called races , end up with a human that is beyond their preference ?

over a year ago

Read it again did I write boat load of or boat load off? Thank you for proving my point about people not reading, by omitting one letter you made my post into something entirely different! I suggest you take more care."

Why would you even mention the word boat???? No care needed to be taken here but thanks for your concern. Take care and have a lovely day

over a year ago

so to be a swinger you need to be able to read now fuck these rules change every day

over a year ago

"so to be a swinger you need to be able to read now fuck these rules change every day "
lol that's a good one

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Wot is this readin?

over a year ago

evesham

Read it again did I write boat load of or boat load off? Thank you for proving my point about people not reading, by omitting one letter you made my post into something entirely different! I suggest you take more care.

Why would you even mention the word boat???? No care needed to be taken here but thanks for your concern. Take care and have a lovely day "

Oh my God....so now we can't say boat for fear of offending someone!!!!

It's a turn of phrase, by the boat load, by the truck load (or is that offensive to asylum seekers in calais now?!) this place seriously amazes me at times

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I find it quite amazing that

1, they do not get contacted by white dick heads or white people who don't include a pic .this is obvious because he they did they would surely not just mentioned a particular subset ?

2, that Absolutely all combinations of mixing the so called races , end up with a human that is beyond their preference ?

"

In fact statistically I'm amazed that white men who want to meet them during the day message so infrequently that they are not worth a forum rant xx

By *bhol1 OP   Couple
over a year ago

east ardsley

Why would you even mention the word boat???? No care needed to be taken here but thanks for your concern. Take care and have a lovely day "

It wasn't meant as offensive. I could have mentioned the word fat but I didnt.

over a year ago

You shouldn't be able to _iew pics until you've read the text. Though imagine some will just scroll through.

over a year ago

To be honest if you stay around the forums for a while you'll notice people who can't understand topics if they aren't grammatically perfect. I do think some people have problems with reading and interpretation.

over a year ago

First world problems. Just block anyone you don't want to speak to

over a year ago

"To be honest if you stay around the forums for a while you'll notice people who can't understand topics if they aren't grammatically perfect. I do think some people have problems with reading and interpretation.

"

It's crazy sometimes. Reading comprehension lacking.

over a year ago

"To be honest if you stay around the forums for a while you'll notice people who can't understand topics if they aren't grammatically perfect. I do think some people have problems with reading and interpretation.

"

20 past 5 & it's pee obviously

Post new Message to Thread