Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I may or may not have got a job

Jump to newest

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man
over a year ago

Bradford

So last Wednesday I went for an inter_iew and got told I got a job the day after.... BUT!

It's working for a bank and I have to await the FCA checks. I haven't worked in nearly 7 years, so there's bound to be come unpaid bills. That's bills not credit stuff, as I rarely use credit, and my credit rating is pants .

I want a job not a mortgage

TBH, I wish they didn't tell me until all the checks had been done. I'm trying to say myself that I didn't get it, as I won't want to get my hopes up... but a part of me is going "you'll be able to buy this, and that"

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I hope it works out for you.... was there a declaration form and were you honest.

I believe they are more favourable if people are honest as there has been a recession and lots of people struggling.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Fingers crossed!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Good luck OP. x

By *ancadamMan
over a year ago

Stockport

Best of luck mate!!

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

Good luck. Kind of know how you feel, I've applied for a promotion at work that my boss is treating like its a foregone conclusion I'll be getting.

But I've no idea who else has applied, and I may have 2/3rds of the panel in my favour but that's no guarantee so not getting my hopes up yet

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Good luck .. Hope that you get it

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"I hope it works out for you.... was there a declaration form and were you honest."

Yeap I was honest. Also thanks all.

I was reading up on the "FSA Standard"...

Identity checks:- ID confirmation, Electoral Roll, Directorship search, Address verification, Right to Work Check

Financial checks:- Bankruptcy / Insolvency, CCJ, Credit score, FCA Register Check. Sanction Search

Educational Checks:- Verification of Highest Education

Employment Checks:- Five years employment history

Criminal records, Basic Disclosure/ Standard DBS Check*

And I thought you just had to be greedy to work in the banking sector

over a year ago

I guess it all hinges on whether you had any County Court Judgements (CCJs) for those unpaid bills or not, and when they were.

As you are seeking to work for a Financial institution then a CCJ might well be a stumbling block if you had one (or more..)

If there were no CCJs then hopefully you'll be ok. Given you say you've been honest with them it may well be they are able to use discretion either way even if you do have CCJ's. I hope it works out for you and well done on getting the offer!

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Fingers crossed for you.

over a year ago

You have shrodingers job

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

The good news is that you did well on the assessment centre and inter_iew and have been offered a job.

If you can do that once you can do it again.

Have they told you when they are likely to confirm the offer?

Waiting is horrible but it's out of your hands now so try not to dwell on it and enjoy your free time before work eats it all up.

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Fingers crossed. Hope it will all be ok, but you did well in the inter_iew so well done on that score.

By *uttyjonnMan
over a year ago

cheshire

7 years is a long time to be out so I wish you the best - hopefully late bills wont impact your Credit Rating - but these so called agencies do p*ss me off in that they can affect you getting a job because you were late with a bill because you don't have an income. Good luck

By *ango0505Woman
over a year ago

Dumfries

I worked in banking for 20 odd years and it will depend what position you've applied for xx you can't be a declared bankrupt and give financial advice xx good luck tho

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"

Have they told you when they are likely to confirm the offer?

"

No but start date is middle of next month. They said if it goes OK, ill get a soft and hard copy of the contract via post and email.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Keep your chin up and if it doesn't work out, then you're no worse off than what you were a week ago

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man
over a year ago

Bradford

The latest...

I got an email from the agency saying my start date and that the company has sent out a formal offer with the contract by post.

I think I can now start to "get my shit together", and visit Primarni and buy some shirts and stuff.

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Phew!

By *estmidscoupleCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

very well done!

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Apropos...

The organisation I work for, it's the Chap-in-Charge's 50th birthday coming up. I work for a grimy little charity. He used to be a banker. I took an instant dislike to him.

The Xmas he first joined, I was gonna be made redundant and, with nothing to loose, upbraided him publicly at the staff party, "who the fuck do you think you are, coming in here with your MBA and a bleeding heart, thinking you understand an organisation like this &c, &c" Proper broadside.

I felt much better until the following day when I got a phone call to say there was a job for me if I wanted it :o

When I was researching the history of the charity for 50th, a couple years back, I inter_iewed him. One of the stock questions I asked was 'what was your most difficult moment in the job?' And he reminded me of my outburst. Oops

To which I said, 'well, I have to admit, you've done a huge amount for this organisation - maybe you're not an arsehole after all.'

When I relocated, I left on his desk a parting shot; a fake advert like you see for Shelter, with a dejected client, only this had the Chief Exec and the text was something like:

'Disgraced. No future. No bonus. We helped Rob get his life back on track - [org name here] - cleaning up the City, one banker at a time' teehee.

He loved it. Had it framed and it's on his office wall. Now I've got to do an inappropriate b'day card.

It pays to be cheeky. Sometimes.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Well done, good going that

I also approve of the post above

over a year ago

"The latest...

I got an email from the agency saying my start date and that the company has sent out a formal offer with the contract by post.

I think I can now start to "get my shit together", and visit Primarni and buy some shirts and stuff.

"

Ooh yay!!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Congratulations!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"The latest...

"

good to hear, all the best in the new role

over a year ago

Yayyyyy good-on you........

over a year ago

"The latest...

"

Excellent news! I hope this does not limit your ability to educate us forumites with fun and interesting news pieces from around the world?

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Well done! Lend us a tenner. You might get a 'success' shag

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

Congratulations! Hope it all goes well

I got mine too

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Yay .. Well done both of you .. Mines a pint

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"

Excellent news! I hope this does not limit your ability to educate us forumites with fun and interesting news pieces from around the world?"

I'll still be posting crap... I mean interesting articles

By *ourbonKissMan
over a year ago

a land up north..... of leicester

I waited to post until all was confirmed, so..... Congrats Chylly!!!! Hope it works out for ya!

over a year ago

"

Excellent news! I hope this does not limit your ability to educate us forumites with fun and interesting news pieces from around the world?

I'll still be posting crap... I mean interesting articles "

I think you do some of the most interesting posts!.

As for the checks I'm surprised they've let you in....

I mean you've got not history or experience of fraud or general bad behaviour .... Still good luck with the bankers

By *avebi48Man
over a year ago

Lordswood

congrats fella, best of luck!! FCA checks aren't that bad, hopefully you'll get on the job training re fraud etc too.

need to sort a job myself...

over a year ago

Well done, it must have taken extra effort after 7 years but shows that it can be done with persistence - nice to read a good news story

Post new Message to Thread