Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

british gas

Jump to newest

By *odareyou OP   Man
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Drop their prices by 5%.... Yet wholesale gas prices haves dropped 25%... Profiteering by the big companies.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Drop their prices by 5%.... Yet wholesale gas prices haves dropped 25%... Profiteering by the big companies. "

I told them to get stuffed along with the electricity big six, joined Ecotricity, never looked back since.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Same old, same old. Prices go up fast enough when the cost of oil rises but it's a totally different story when the price of oil falls. They're scum, the lot of them.

As are my energy supplier who put up my direct debit AGAIN this month. Despite the fact I already pay a fair amount each month (and far more than I'll be using through summer) and my account is £120 in credit.

I called them to say Oi! and they feigned confusion. Oh they said, you aren't in debt (and never have been) and we have recent meter readings, that shouldn't have happened. And yet it did. Again. For the third quarter in a row.

Funnily enough it never inexplicably goes down through some mechanism that defies explanation.

Robbing bastards.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

They're getting a complaint in writing this time and told that if they try it once more I'll switch to another provider.

I've had quite enough.

I know they're fundamentally all the same but I'll protest nonetheless.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yep and NO surprise that's how they become "big" companies. No sarcasm their I despise rampant profiteering especially on essentials but governments need to rein em in instead of taking the back hander's off them.

By *rank EinsteinMan
over a year ago

Burton upon stather

"They're getting a complaint in writing this time and told that if they try it once more I'll switch to another provider.

I've had quite enough.

I know they're fundamentally all the same but I'll protest nonetheless."

To be fair I've never had a problem with British gas but I use meters, I know you pay for the meter but it saves wrong estimates etc.

The fix and fall is good, the price can go down but never up

Post new Message to Thread