Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Stupid answers to interview questions

Jump to newest

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man
over a year ago

Bradford

So I had an interview today and the 1st question was....

What 3 things are important to you when your at work?

The 1st thing that came out of my mouth was.... "Decent air conditioning", then I had to spend the next few minutes explaining what i meant.... Whereas I was thinking "WTF!".

What have you said?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Interviewer-"Where do you see yourself in five years?"

Me-"not in this shit hole"

Do you think they knew I didn't want to be supervisor lol

over a year ago

I use to teach interview skills for 8 years. Some of the questions i got told about were brilliant. Loke of you qere a biscuit what biscuit wpuld you be?

over a year ago

Interviews are so crap - you can have a bullshit answer that they want to hear for every question.

I have a few coming up and on the job I want less I may just say at the beginning "Look, I know I could probably tell you what you want to hear this whole interview but I'm going to be honest" and see how it goes.

FOR SCIENCE.

over a year ago

"I use to teach interview skills for 8 years. Some of the questions i got told about were brilliant. Loke of you qere a biscuit what biscuit wpuld you be?"

Garry baldy obviously lol

over a year ago

My answer would be shit loads of money, hot men and 3hour days

over a year ago

"Interviews are so crap - you can have a bullshit answer that they want to hear for every question.

I have a few coming up and on the job I want less I may just say at the beginning "Look, I know I could probably tell you what you want to hear this whole interview but I'm going to be honest" and see how it goes.

FOR SCIENCE."

Good luck that works sometimez. Public sector ingerviews are easy ypu can work out the questions and what they are looking for from tbe person spec

over a year ago

I'm not an applicant

I'm an applican

over a year ago

"Good luck that works sometimez. Public sector ingerviews are easy ypu can work out the questions and what they are looking for from tbe person spec "

I'm actually public sector now and yes, was the easiest interview ever. The head of the department was fairly high profile from central government (I later learned that he fell ill so took a more relaxed job) so I was bricking it a bit expecting to get grilled and it was the easiest and friendliest interview I've ever had.

To be honest, I only use bullshit answers on the questions they wouldn't want to really my thoughts on and am honest the rest, as most people are I'm sure, but I worry it's all a bit Jekyll and Hyde to anyone with a few ounces of brain.

By *ertiVogtsMan
over a year ago

Exeter

"Interviews are so crap - you can have a bullshit answer that they want to hear for every question.

FOR SCIENCE.

Good luck that works sometimez. Public sector ingerviews are easy ypu can work out the questions and what they are looking for from tbe person spec "

It's been at least 25 years since I last had a job interview.I'm self employed now and don't have to put up with that sort of shit these days.I do remember an interview where I was asked if I had a favourite teacher at school.I thought they were all cunts and said so.I didn't want that fucking job anyway...

over a year ago

Jekyll and hyde how so?

over a year ago

If anyones ever stuck i put togther a 50 odd page guide to interviews id be happy to share x

over a year ago

"If anyones ever stuck i put togther a 50 odd page guide to interviews id be happy to share x"

If you had said two I may have taken you up on that offer.

Recruiters usually give out a shit load of stuff anyway.

By *emini1637Woman
over a year ago

Warwickshire

"I use to teach interview skills for 8 years. Some of the questions i got told about were brilliant. Loke of you qere a biscuit what biscuit wpuld you be?"

I guy asked me that as an opening meesage on here the other day!! And the next one was...if I was stuck on a desert island what 5 things would I take!?

over a year ago

"I use to teach interview skills for 8 years. Some of the questions i got told about were brilliant. Loke of you qere a biscuit what biscuit wpuld you be?

I guy asked me that as an opening meesage on here the other day!! And the next one was...if I was stuck on a desert island what 5 things would I take!?"

love it!! Best one i had was if i found my ex as a 3inch man drowning in my drink what would i do.... lol

By *eMontresMan
over a year ago

Halesowen

"I use to teach interview skills for 8 years. Some of the questions i got told about were brilliant. Loke of you qere a biscuit what biscuit wpuld you be?

"

Limp

By *eMontresMan
over a year ago

Halesowen

"

I guy asked me that as an opening meesage on here the other day!! And the next one was...if I was stuck on a desert island what 5 things would I take!?"

GPS, High powered short wave transceiver, should only need enough water and food for a couple of days tops.

over a year ago

FOR SCIENCE.

Good luck that works sometimez. Public sector ingerviews are easy ypu can work out the questions and what they are looking for from tbe person spec "

My public sector interviews have always been an absolute grilling, really tough. Perhaps that's because they were finance roles.

I've sat on non-finance interview panels where we've been much nicer.

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

A fucking great boat surely? Some fuel and 3 cases of rum.

Post new Message to Thread