Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What sort of kid were you?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I don't think this question has ever been asked before...

I was a very shy, awkward and weird little boy, probably the kind you'd see strolling around the edge of the playground on his own kicking an empty drinks can. I used to daydream a lot, especially during lessons, and teachers would often pick on me whenever I phased out, which happened CONSTANTLY. As expected, I never had much luck with girls, and even when I finally began to blossom looks wise in my late teens/early twenties, I was still very embarrassed and quiet whenever they tried talking to me

That's very much changed today of course, in fact, I find interacting with women is a far more easy, natural process for me than talking to other guys, and I don't doubt that swinging and meeting as many women as I have has played a huge part in this. I've actually come to realise that I enjoy social meets for this reason, as opportunities to continue to buff up my communication abilities.

Anyone else felt similarly, or do we have any whose names used to crop on those 'most fanciable' lists the girls used to bring around the classes?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

That went well

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Still waters run deep.

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

They used to call me Kinky Malcolm in school

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

A difficult one.

I used to do odd things for the hell of it. Like the time I shopped up the washing line with shears - still not quite sure why I did that but I distinctly remember the reaction.

Or I used to slip off from my parents during a trip to the supermarket, hang around for a bit and then hand myself in as lost, just to see what would happen...

Or when I begged and pleaded and pleaded and begged to be allowed too camp in the garden when I was 6. My parents finally relented. When they woke up in the morning I, and the tent, had vanished...

Or when I went through the school uniform rules with a fine-tooth comb, dressed 'inappropriately', was hauled in front of the headmaster to account for myself. "Yes," I said, "can you show me where that's written down?"

Yeah, both eyes at all times.

By *rank EinsteinMan
over a year ago

Burton upon stather

I was intelligent but very easily bored, I overcompensated for being shy by showing off if the spotlight was turned on me and I had trouble focusing on anything unless it really interested me, I used to wind up my siblings out of boredom and was a dreamer.

pre-teen me enjoyed being around people but not necessarily interacting with them, I always tried to do the right thing and got my teeth kicked in a few times standing up for people, I was still intelligent but unfocused.

Teen me turned into a loner with a lot of angst and I really started withdrawing from people, I lost interest in school and it showed, I had no friends and a troubled home life, I went from the highest test scores in my school year down to the bottom and completed no coursework resulting in poor grades, developed excessive stomach acid and began to eat a lot to trying to ease the pain.

Things got better at college I started making friends and learning again and overseas time became the man I am today..

I'm Ryan, a bit socially awkward at times especially around groups off new people, and I have periods of depression but overall I'm a chipper guy of reasonable intelligence whose got the time of day for most people, I have a good sense of my individuality and I never let a friend down

How's that?

over a year ago

I was a super tomboy. You name a sport and I played it. I didn't have much interest in guys until college, really. I was pretty nerdy as well, so anything beyond school and sports (usually basketball) didn't interest me much. I had loads of friends, but didn't date until college. Then I married a guy I dated in college and couldn't be happier.

-Courtney

over a year ago

I was always the one with crazy ideas to go places, build things etc. I had a god circle of friends some of whom I would talk into to doing stupid things, then pmsl, but I always took the wrap with them. I got bored easily and was alway restless, looking for something exciting to do.

Much of the time though, I'd be content to live in my own head and let my imagination roam. It's still one of m favourite places to be.

over a year ago

I was a naughty kid

I haven't changed

By *icky999Man
over a year ago

warrington

heard of stewie griffin?

over a year ago

Very well behaved. Quite quiet and introverted without being socially awkward. Bit of a teachers' pet. Fiercely academically competitive and perfectionist.

Exactly as I am as an adult, actually, just smaller.

over a year ago

Quiet & shy in the classroom. Even when I knew the answer I wouldn't put my hand up to answer.

Different with friends, had some great adventures with them.

Liked my own company too & still like my own company now.

over a year ago

Constantly had my head in a book. Hated team sports, but was no weakling. Shy, except when under the spotlight, and though I could talk to girls, I never even considered asking them out. I always let them do the asking. Feint heart often did win a fair maiden.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I was a shy, angelic little horse-mad thing until I discovered sex and drugs and rock'n'roll at an early age lol!

over a year ago

Stopped going to school when i was 11-12 they wernt teaching me anything i wanted to know . Although a science teacher did once ask me if i knew how to fit a plug :/

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

I was horrid. Just like in the poem there was a little girl with a little curl right in the middle of her forehead...

I had curly hair too. Looked like an angel.

I am so glad my girls were nothing like me.

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

In school I was one of the good kids. Worked hard, got good marks, excelled academically and musically, read a lot. I misbehaved in ways I couldn't get told off for like bending but not breaking rules or being deliberately awkward. It worked since I only ever had one detention in my entire school career and they made me a prefect eventually. Out of school I was fairly introverted with a small group of mostly male friends rather than being one of the popular girl social crowd with their older boyfriends in tow. Going to gigs, playing in bands, taking a tent off for the weekend and finding a field, occasional Call of Cthulu tournaments; that kind of thing. Not that dissimilar to how I am as a grown up really. Although I get d*unk a lot less now.

over a year ago

Too shy shy.

over a year ago

I still haven't grown up so just the same now as I was then , daft as a brush

over a year ago

I was/am Speschul.

(Just like my other 6 siblings).

over a year ago

I always had a big circle of friends growing up and played football from the age of 8 to around 16, We all started going out to clubs (older brothers id) from 16 - early 20s but then I started going backwards and staying in a lot, I never really had a gf in my 20s just the odd brief fling (days/weeks) And I don't see any of the people I hung around with now most of them are married with children, Since my late 20s most of my friends come from going the match/traveling abroad to watch my team or through work

over a year ago

a little one

By *andy6677Man
over a year ago

crewe

Intelligent yet shy as a kid no confidence in myself or body as i was quite fat. Felt awkward speaking to girls didnt have a gf really till college. Funny how your adult self differs from your child self though ive never really grown up just play with others in a more adult way now xxx

over a year ago

I was a little wanker from the age of about 13 yrs old

over a year ago

I had to grow up fast and look after my two younger siblings... Changing nappies cooking roast dinners cleaning house at six years old to the point i was correcting my sibblings as they were calling me mum! by time i got to senior school i started going off the rails got kicked out one school very naughty i was... and ppl my own age bored me i use to find them very imature still do tbh lol i get on better with ppl at least ten years plus older than me duno why! And if im being honest i never ever want my own kids lol

over a year ago

Fostered

By *horltzMan
over a year ago

heysham

Mischievious

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

I was a sod at school as wasn't interested in any lessons

All I wanted was to be a singer

Was quite shy but always messing about

Changed such a lot nowadays

Lol

over a year ago

I remember, at the age of 13, waking up in the middle of the night in an almost fevered state at the fact that two arrows, if moving towards the centre of a circle, and were progressively getting closer to it, could be observed getting closer and closer... but would never reach it. In my 30's I read about Zeno's paradox and realised that this was what I had envisaged on that night.

By the age of 15 I was hanging out with a street gang, vandalising stuff, running away from the police, groping the girls, going raving, basically being a VERY naughty boy

That's pretty much me in a nutshell... got a BA and an MA but I'm still basically a VERY naughty boy

over a year ago

I never had a childhood.

My manufacture was completed in October of 1982 as a cyborg built in the image of a perfect man by a scientist with glaucoma and a penchant for LSD.

over a year ago

I was painfully shy around adults during early childhood upto my teens but was always playing out with other kids. Then in my teens I became shy around unfamiliar children/teens and adults, withdrew into a hermit lifestyle fitting into the stay at home mum role and I'd never go out to social use on nights out or anything. I'd say I had some kind of social anxiety. I grew out of that and am much more confident and sociable now. Do still like my own space and company but I crave interaction with other peoole, especially men lol

over a year ago

Damaged and horrible real parents were nasty d*unks. Used to roam the street at all hours carrying naughty things and causing mayhem without a thought for anyone or anything.

Came back to England to finish my education and after a period of treading water came out the other end as a marginal success story.

I'm waiting on a book deal

over a year ago

Personality wise I was a lot like I am now! A chatterbox, liked nearly everyone, very active and a major tomboy!

Was very confident most of the time - except when the school bitches told me how ugly I was on a daily basis! That brought on an insecurity that took a loooong time to go away!!

Absolutely LOVED my first high-school re-union - when those same bitches asked what I did and I told them I was a model!!

My 11year old son is exactly like I was at that age - but with technology!!

over a year ago

I was really shy but overcompensated by being a real shit of a teenager. I still struggle now when I first meet people

By *andy6677Man
over a year ago

crewe

"I had to grow up fast and look after my two younger siblings... Changing nappies cooking roast dinners cleaning house at six years old to the point i was correcting my sibblings as they were calling me mum! by time i got to senior school i started going off the rails got kicked out one school very naughty i was... and ppl my own age bored me i use to find them very imature still do tbh lol i get on better with ppl at least ten years plus older than me duno why! And if im being honest i never ever want my own kids lol "

Dont blame you after that situation

By *andy6677Man
over a year ago

crewe

"I was painfully shy around adults during early childhood upto my teens but was always playing out with other kids. Then in my teens I became shy around unfamiliar children/teens and adults, withdrew into a hermit lifestyle fitting into the stay at home mum role and I'd never go out to social use on nights out or anything. I'd say I had some kind of social anxiety. I grew out of that and am much more confident and sociable now. Do still like my own space and company but I crave interaction with other peoole, especially men lol "

Nothing wrong with that your a mum first and foremost but doesnt mean you cant have fun! You have my respect xx

By *atelotmanMan
over a year ago

Chatham

I was billy no mates,I was an army brat when all over the world with my dad, so never really got chance to make friends.It never bothered me took up karate after school 3 days a week an swimming the other 3,so was happy.Ran away to sea at 14 an a half.Best thing I ever did.

By *eanut Butter CupWoman
over a year ago

B & M Bargains

I was odd. People bullied me. I talked too much. Intelligent but bored at school so didn't apply myself. Talk too much and tried to be funny when actually I was a bit of a bitch to myself and others.

Still the same now but even more lazy! Amazed that I can actually pass exams still. I'm sure if I was more driven I would be very successful in life

over a year ago

I was a fucking little shit. Sort of kid I hate now.

Cheeky, into everything, never did as I was told,

Horrible to girls if they wouldn't play kiss chase.

Always fighting.

And if you couldn't find me guarantee I would be up a tree.

I was the kid parents wouldn't let their kid invite me to birthday parties.

Class clown.

Last day of secondary school I went in pissed after knicking a bottle of scotch from dad's cupboard.

I am totally the opposite now and a real boring old fart.

Him

over a year ago

Reserved, creative, non conformist, often sad, wagged school continuously, became a futurist at 13 and started wearing make up and studded belts etc, went to gigs to see Gary Numan, Japan etc, joined several bands playing synthesiser, held onto part of that child to this day, glad I did

over a year ago

popular, out going, lively, smart, creative, musical, polite, mature,

all round i think i was, and still am awesome!

over a year ago

I was a complete show off, very high achiever in school but even better on a hockey pitch!! Showing off got me in a lot of trouble though so I tended to come across as a little shit. Well mannered and polite though I tended to change depending on who's company I had...... Oh and a complete womaniser

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

I was a clingy mummys girl

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I liked a bit of trouble, and pushed boundaries in public, sometimes to parents embarrassment. I was lucky to go to a good school, so we all behaved quite well, except in breaks, where we stripped and ran around the fields. I was sometimes quiet but only whilst plotting. If I had a barrier, I was driven to overcome it as I thrived on challenges. I often had head to head run ins with Heads etc, but I was just someone not to force the wrong way. I had a lot of privileges, so was very fortunate.

Post new Message to Thread