Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Too much choice???

Jump to newest

By *ummersun99 OP   Woman
over a year ago

North Yorkshire by the Sea

While watching Married at First Sight the other night, one of the "experts" was talking about modern dating and having 'too much choice' - it got me thinking about being on here solo and having had amazing, adventurous sex... So Thoughts? Do you think the more variety, the hard it is to choose or commit to a choice; on fab or in relationships? Certainly happens for me with restaurant menus, but with people, I'm not sure.. Discuss? x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

Yes. Since my mid twenties when I started using the Internet to meet people I have struggled to commit to anyone. And I do believe that's because there's always someone 'more exciting' round the corner (in my mind).

over a year ago

"Yes. Since my mid twenties when I started using the Internet to meet people I have struggled to commit to anyone. And I do believe that's because there's always someone 'more exciting' round the corner (in my mind). "

It does make me ponder the concept of 'not settling for something' a little differently!

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

No I think it depends on your personality, I find it easy to commit to one person, it's how I'm built.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

when it comes to people I very quickly realised that for me there really is only one choice when it comes right down to it. If you have trouble settling on just one it either means you haven't met them yet or you aren't the settling for one person type. We're all different and I think that assuming that we all want a relationship with just one person is narrow minded as is blaming it on too much choice if you don't.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 12/07/15 23:44:07]

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The world is a smaller place than it once was and everything is more accessible and with that comes more choice

Your point is certainly very valid and I do believe that it is true.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"when it comes to people I very quickly realised that for me there really is only one choice when it comes right down to it. If you have trouble settling on just one it either means you haven't met them yet or you aren't the settling for one person type. We're all different and I think that assuming that we all want a relationship with just one person is narrow minded as is blaming it on too much choice if you don't."

And by that I mean the "expert" is narrow minded not the op.

over a year ago

I'm sure that's the case for some. But for others, when they know what they have is right they stop looking.

over a year ago

"when it comes to people I very quickly realised that for me there really is only one choice when it comes right down to it. If you have trouble settling on just one it either means you haven't met them yet or you aren't the settling for one person type. We're all different and I think that assuming that we all want a relationship with just one person is narrow minded as is blaming it on too much choice if you don't.

And by that I mean the "expert" is narrow minded not the op. "

I can see where you're going with that. The logic of more choice meaning more options and variables to think about does make sense to me, but equally the logic does feel rather simplistic when applied to the complexities of people and relationships. I can't decide what I make of it ('scusing the unintended pun)

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Once there's more than one, there's choice or a gang bang. You either are able to settle for someone who matches you or won't. Some don't want commitment. I'm ok single or attached and volume of choice doesn't affect me.

over a year ago

There bloody is too much choice on here.

Whether I get it or not is another matter entirely.

But it's hard to tell who someone is from a profile until you get chatting.

over a year ago

I would say yes there are more choice FOR women than men here and it should be taken as a pinch of salt.

over a year ago

The grass is always greener as the saying goes

over a year ago

I'm indecisive in every aspect of my life but I'm particular about what people I choose to meet off sites like this. There's plenty of choice yes but not enough like minded peoole on my level or that I click with. I'm glad there is lots of choice, I''d rather wait till the right person came a long than pick the wrong person more than once if there was less choice.

over a year ago

I find I'm agreeing with all of you to an extent. Having more choices or few choices, doesn't mean you have to pick any of them. Guess it's more about the individual and situation.

I also think it's easier to be decisive when everything feels in order, than when there is some doubts or uncertainty

Post new Message to Thread