Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Where are they?

Jump to newest

By *ornyandwet69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

hertford

where are friends when you need them, you hit a bump need advice or help and are they bothered no

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Aww we're all friends in fabland. . well. . most of us

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

So bets on post count till we get the full story?

I'm going for post 86

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

"So bets on post count till we get the full story?

I'm going for post 86"

I'm guessing twenty five

over a year ago

Friends on fab, aren't real friends

over a year ago

Friends are...

I'm going with 69

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

you picked them.....

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"where are friends when you need them, you hit a bump need advice or help and are they bothered no"

(At the risk of sounding like the Ki-ora crows...)

We'll be your friend

(Woof)

Mr ddc

By *ex_OnTheBeachCouple
over a year ago

kent ( by the seaside )

"where are friends when you need them, you hit a bump need advice or help and are they bothered no"

Have you asked them for help and advise? Maybe they are busy with their own lives?

I'm sure if you ask for advice on the forums you will receive plenty, there's always a friendly poster about.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I'm guessing man trouble

over a year ago

"Friends on fab, aren't real friends "

When your angry a friend will calm you down,

A real friend however will skip along side you with a bat singing "someone's gonna get it!"

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

The real friends are the ones who ARE there for you, the rest are just aquaintances!

By *rank EinsteinMan
over a year ago

Burton upon stather

Sounds like a Facebook drama, I'm out

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

So, what's the problem?

over a year ago

"Friends on fab, aren't real friends

A real friend however will skip along side you with a bat singing "someone's gonna get it!""

A friend will help you move.

A good friend will help you move the body.........

over a year ago

this unless you've met them and known them for yrs

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

1) Are they friends in real life i.e. people you've known for a while and know you can rely on?

2) Are they FAB 'friends' that you've never met or spent a moments of time with ?

3) How do you know they are not bothered ?

4) Is this thread tongue in cheek ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"where are friends when you need them, you hit a bump need advice or help and are they bothered no

(At the risk of sounding like the Ki-ora crows...)

We'll be your friend

(Woof)

Mr ddc"

A dawg is for life not just for an advert.

Um Bongo beats Kia Ora by a Sunkist !

over a year ago

hertford

They are friends in real life and I have asked them and no response. Yes it's man trouble, but posting about it in here will get me no where as I will be told it's your own fault and all that, and I don't need be judged

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"They are friends in real life and I have asked them and no response. Yes it's man trouble, but posting about it in here will get me no where as I will be told it's your own fault and all that, and I don't need be judged"

Oh ok.

Just venting your frustration then?

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"They are friends in real life and I have asked them and no response. Yes it's man trouble, but posting about it in here will get me no where as I will be told it's your own fault and all that, and I don't need be judged"

you may need to consider ending the friendship with them if they haven't been there for you.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

may they thought that you wouldn't listen, that it was your own fault and just let you get on with it.... sometimes that is the best thing to do

good luck

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

maybe*

over a year ago

It's at times like these you'd realise who your true friends are.

over a year ago

Say what's happened. You'll get the best advice from faceless strangers because they will give you honest unbiased advice without sugar coating anything.

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

You can count true friends on one hand and still have spare fingers

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Is the 'man' the 'friend' ..... are they the same person ?

over a year ago

hertford

Yeah I do know who my friends are. Even if I thought it was their fault the mess they were in I would still support them and help them no matter what. They are my friend, if what had got them into this mess made them happy I would help them sort it out especially if they needed support to make decisions

over a year ago

You can have hundreds of good friends who listen and offer advice, but in the end, it's down to you to make the choices and face of up the consequences of those choices. We all have shit times OP, it's how we handle them that makes the difference. Good luck.

By *hattyman80Man
over a year ago

stockport

Good job you have the forum faithful to pitch in anytime you need

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Yeah I do know who my friends are. Even if I thought it was their fault the mess they were in I would still support them and help them no matter what. They are my friend, if what had got them into this mess made them happy I would help them sort it out especially if they needed support to make decisions"

just tell us the situation, you will get the advice and you will be in a better situation than you are currently, at least you will know what others think...

unless you know already, then I would suggest working to the solution as a priority rather than evaluate your friendships...

over a year ago

'Sup?

Either tell us so we can help or suck it up cupcake

over a year ago

"Yeah I do know who my friends are. Even if I thought it was their fault the mess they were in I would still support them and help them no matter what. They are my friend, if what had got them into this mess made them happy I would help them sort it out especially if they needed support to make decisions"
is there any specific support you want/need at the minute?

Is it just a sympathetic ear and a cuppa you need or is it someone to help you move out of a hasty decision to move in together and need a sofa to crash on for a few nights while you sort things out?

over a year ago

hertford

No the man and friends are not the same. I'm not here to be judged and made to feel like crap because I started seeing my ex and now believe his new gf has just found out.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"No the man and friends are not the same. I'm not here to be judged and made to feel like crap because I started seeing my ex and now believe his new gf has just found out. "

well surely you knew what the outcome would be if the other person found out..

over a year ago

"No the man and friends are not the same. I'm not here to be judged and made to feel like crap because I started seeing my ex and now believe his new gf has just found out. "

Ouchy!

Thats always gonna be messy.

Do you wanna keep him?

If so tell him, if not leave well alone x

over a year ago

hertford

Of course I want to keep him. We didn't plan on her finding out, my problem is how I contact him now to find out what's going on

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Of course I want to keep him. We didn't plan on her finding out, my problem is how I contact him now to find out what's going on"

Does he want to keep you ?

I think that's an important consideration before you act.

By *ex_OnTheBeachCouple
over a year ago

kent ( by the seaside )

Not sure what you want your friends to do in this situation? And it's possible that if they were against you having an affair with your ex they could feel that they are better off out of it,

As for your ex girlfriend finding out that he's cheating on her, surely you both knew that this was a possibility when you started the affair? So are you upset for yourself or her that she has found out?

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Of course I want to keep him. We didn't plan on her finding out, my problem is how I contact him now to find out what's going on"

You are reaping what you sowed, you didn't plan on her finding out but intended to play behind her back.

I am sorry but I am not surprised that your friends are sitting quiet.

I hope you both get together and his GF moves on with her life and is happy...

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Of course I want to keep him. We didn't plan on her finding out, my problem is how I contact him now to find out what's going on

Does he want to keep you ?

I think that's an important consideration before you act. "

I ask this cos the fact that you both deceived her and that you both worry she has found out indicates that SHE is his partner and you are the fun on the side. Fun over.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Drama

Quite simply when you play with fire you get burnt

What advice apart from don't get involved with someone else's relationship do you need?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Seriously. I hope everyone ends up happy.

I'd never judge what you've done. Especially if you take responsibility for your part in the whole proceedings.

over a year ago

People on here have done a lot worse than that. When I split up with my ex of 10 years and he got a new girlfriend I still loved him and had feelings for him and if the opportunity to reconcile or sleep with him again was there, I would have done it despite him having a new girlfriend because we had history and I believed he was still mine.

With your situation you are not responsible for the new gf's feelings, that's your ex's responsibility. If you two have history and there's feelings involved on your part I understand how things like this can happen.

So what's making you feel bad? Did you want to reconcile with your ex but he doesn't want to? Do you still love him and have feelings or what?

over a year ago

hertford

I do take responsibility and it's more complicated than what I've said. But I just want answers but it's how I get them. She may not have found out and someone else playing with me

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Even if she hasn't found out.

Take a good look at him.

It'll be you he cheats on sooner or later xx

Bow out gracefully and raise your self esteem xx

over a year ago

hertford

Sea witch I would msg u but can't as no pic, we were talking about reconciling, but he had a month to decide. Yes we have history and complicated one at that, I just want to know where I stand without walking away

over a year ago

Did you two discuss getting back together or was it just sex? If things were so good how did you separate in the first place?

over a year ago

Any one call post 34?

over a year ago

"Sea witch I would msg u but can't as no pic, we were talking about reconciling, but he had a month to decide. Yes we have history and complicated one at that, I just want to know where I stand without walking away"

You'll know where you stand by his actions. If he wants to continue anything he'll get in touch with you.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"..... but posting about it in here will get me no where as I will be told it's your own fault and all that, and I don't need be judged"

While it is true this does happen, there are usually helpful posts in amongst them too. You just need to be able to mentally skip the unhelpful ones and concentrate on the others.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Any one call post 34?"

I whispered it on the sex talk thread. Do I win ?

over a year ago

"Any one call post 34?"

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Any one call post 34?

"

It's no good being a sore loser.

over a year ago

hertford

Yes we did discuss it, it wasn't just sex. Yeah but I'm good at waiting

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

"Drama

Quite simply when you play with fire you get burnt

What advice apart from don't get involved with someone else's relationship do you need?

"

You speak a lot of sense around here.

over a year ago

"Friends on fab, aren't real friends

A real friend however will skip along side you with a bat singing "someone's gonna get it!""

Love it

over a year ago

An ex is an ex for a reason

Never go backwards !

over a year ago

If she has found out and he hasnt contacted you then it sounds like he has decided to stay with her!

Best thing to do is move on with your life, the guy isnt that great if he is already cheating on a new gf

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

"If she has found out and he hasnt contacted you then it sounds like he has decided to stay with her!

Best thing to do is move on with your life, the guy isnt that great if he is already cheating on a new gf "

.. This

over a year ago

What does this have to do with the OP?

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Of course I want to keep him. We didn't plan on her finding out, my problem is how I contact him now to find out what's going on

What does this have to do with the OP? "

I think because she is wanting to know what is happening as he hadn't been in touch, she hadn't heard through friends as well.

I think

over a year ago

Why not?

over a year ago

They were probably warning you before you got in the man situation but you didnt listen so thats why they're not there for you

over a year ago

What does this have to do with the OP?

I think because she is wanting to know what is happening as he hadn't been in touch, she hadn't heard through friends as well.

I think"

Thanks. Probably keeping out of the fallout.

Post new Message to Thread