Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Anonymous email

Jump to newest

By *unseeker34 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Newcastle

A work colleague has received an anonymous email at our work address simply stating:

'tell ***** (me) that *** (my partner) is cheating on her again she needs to know'

I don't believe its content for a minute (as far as I'm concerned there's never been a first time so the 'again' part makes even less sense!) but it's shook me up that someone is trying very hard to mess with me and potentially damage my relationship.

My feelings is that it's someone I know who I think is a friend (possibly someone who I confide in) so I honestly feel sick to my stomach and feel it's someone who is obviously jealous/bitter that I have found happiness after a really shitty time in the past

Anyone any thoughts? Anyone ever experienced this kind of feeling (a bit paranoid and wondering who the fuck was at the other end typing!)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

That's really odd.

Have you seen the original email sent to your colleague? If not, have a look. Did it name you and your partner specifically? Was it sent via company email? Trace it...

Is it really possible to send an anonymous email in this day and age?

That is a weird thing to do to someone...

I once had an email pop into my inbox entitle:-

SOMEONE CLOSE TO YOU WANTS YOU DEAD

And purported to be from a hitman who'd been hired to take me out, had a sudden fit of conscience and wondered if I might make him a better offer.

I LOL'd but also imagine that if it were sent to some little old lady, she might shit her boots.

There's some very strange people out there...

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

A few have way too much time on their hands and stick their noses into things they shouldn't

over a year ago

Newcastle

Yes an anonymous emailing system......IT have said they went to some effort!

It was personal yes, our names included. Our work email addresses are easy to guess if you know where we work first.last name plus the company etc my partner is obviously a little pissed off about it but more able to shrug it off as someone being malicious through spite! I just wanna know who

over a year ago

Newcastle

Yes colleague is actually my best friend and she took me in the office to show me.

It's likely whoever it is sent one to what they thought was my email too but my email address doesn't follow the norm.

Did have a strange incident when we first got together (2 years ago) where someone anonymously sent me flowers with a card saying 'love you' naturally i thought they were from my partner but they weren't so he was naturally concerned!!!! Turns out they were bought and paid for in person in the local florist by a woman! I'm worried someone is harbouring some issues and me, him or us are the target?!?!

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

It's tough but ignore it.

They're seeking a reaction - the more you respond and let it worry/affect you the more they succeed and will continue.

Good luck.

A

over a year ago

Newcastle

"It's tough but ignore it.

They're seeking a reaction - the more you respond and let it worry/affect you the more they succeed and will continue.

Good luck.

A"

This will try my very best for sure cos whoever it is isn't worth it

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There are some loons about, how do u get on with your boss? Managers can play some evil mind games

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I may have misunderstood the situation here, is it possible the sender might have seen you out with somebody else and your partner knows that, but the sender is unaware that its agreed between you?

Therefore the sender might the reading a discussed and agreed situation completely wrongly, they then come to the wrong conclusion that there's cheating occurring?

over a year ago

Newcastle

"There are some loons about, how do u get on with your boss? Managers can play some evil mind games "

Very well, she's the one who took it to IT after my friend showed her (she went to manager first) we are public sector so work emails are treated like legal documents almost.......they're 'public interest' documents and can be requested under the FOI act

my manager know a lot of my past and is very supportive & caring. I've spent the morning reassuring her nothing is going on and that I'm happy and sorry someone has done this via work.

over a year ago

Newcastle

"I may have misunderstood the situation here, is it possible the sender might have seen you out with somebody else and your partner knows that, but the sender is unaware that its agreed between you?

Therefore the sender might the reading a discussed and agreed situation completely wrongly, they then come to the wrong conclusion that there's cheating occurring?"

No I don't even think that's a possibility tbh, no details given just that one line x

By *eanut Butter CupWoman
over a year ago

B & M Bargains

Sounds like the kind of tricks my ex used to play on me.. Sending presents to my fella at the time, hacking my emails and emailing my grandma to say I was pregnant and considering an abortion.

Just attention seeking fuck wits.

over a year ago

Could be that someone has seen him out on a meet that you knew about.

Years ago, when with my ex, I started getting very horny text messages from some anonymous girl. I told my ex about it and she said to carry on and see if she revealed herself, and actually it was quite fun and horny. I sent all my texts to the girl and all her replies to me back to my ex.

Anyway, tried to pin her down to a meet (she obviously know us, knew where we lived, my work van the lot) and we set up a meet in Leeds. Then BAM! she suddenly turned into saying what a twat I was for doing all this behind my ex's back and she was gonna tell her everything...which she started to do (again from the anonymous unknown phone number). My ex told her she knew all about it, and the girl sent me massive apologies...but the point it, some people will go to remarkable lengths to stick their big fat noses into other people's business.

So I'd reply to this email and tell them to back the hell off and keep their noses firmly out!

over a year ago

Never did find out who it was btw

Post new Message to Thread