Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The Ashes 2015

Jump to newest

By *izzy Rascall OP   Man
over a year ago

Cardiff

Play starts in about half an hour.

England got well and truly fucked over last time down under, differnt conditions this time, differnt ball.

I hope England win the series starting off with a win in Cardiff this week.

Come on ENG - Hope it's a good series like the recent NZ one

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Cardiff

ENG to have a knock first.

Its my home pitch (well not quite) but I know enough to know it will be flat and slow.

It always is in Cardiff, its a batting track once the clouds fuck off and the sun comes out

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

over a year ago

Cardiff

England: Alastair Cook (capt), Adam Lyth, Gary Ballance, Ian Bell, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler (wk), Moeen Ali, Stuart Broad, Mark Wood, James Anderson.

Australia: David Warner, Chris Rogers, Steve Smith, Michael Clarke (capt), Adam Voges, Shane Watson, Brad Haddin (wk), Mitchell Johnson, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon

over a year ago

Turned it off already

Its more depressing than my sex life at the minute

over a year ago

Cardiff

I didnt think for one second, win the toss and bat.

It always swings down here, even more when its cloudy, they would of known that.

over a year ago

Cardiff

Even the outfield is slow

over a year ago

Cardiff

Evening session just begun.

Good recovery from Ballance 59* and Root 97*.

Outfield has dried up and is quicker, bit of bounce in the wicket.

Even so, I still thing even a villager like me could bat on it

over a year ago

Rooooooooooooooot!! What a player. Great and much needed 100. Need him and Stokes to put on a partnership and build a good first innings.

over a year ago

Cardiff

After my last addition Im not saying anything other than 'well batted'.

Sorry Ballance, poster's curse

over a year ago

Root saves England again, now the question is can stokes bat out the day without swinging wildly at everything?

over a year ago

"Root saves England again, now the question is can stokes bat out the day without swinging wildly at everything?"

He certainly won't be blocking many based on what he has done so far. Good to watch.

over a year ago

As luck would have it I'm in North Wales this week, and not Cardiff

Otherwise I'd be in the Cricketers on Cathedral Road right now

Great work by Root, let's just go for the double

over a year ago

You know your batsmen are in when Australia start bowling David Warner! Hopefully we can see the day through with Stokes and Root and really put the Aussies to the sword tomorrow. Still finely balanced though.

over a year ago

Great first day, well played both sides. Game on!!

over a year ago

Cardiff

Come on cricket.

Stop moaning about the pitch, if it means their quickies are now at our pace then its a plan thats worked.

Our wicket is always shit.

Whoever bats first at our ground usually don't lose. It will be a slow, flat, spinney pitch whoever gets last go on it.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Cricket fan here, although like most sports I prefer playing to watching

I used to be a useful leg spin bowler and batted mid order usually, fielded in the slips as I've got sharp reactions

C'mon Engerland, let's stuff the Aussies

over a year ago

Looks as though the weather is set fair until Sunday

Let's wrap this up in four days

over a year ago

Does anyone else think this new style of test cricket is well, just not cricket? test cricket shouldn't be scored at 4 an over

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Yay come on England

over a year ago

Cardiff

Come on England, spin to win.

Big day today, Sunday looks a bit wet and quite a lot of time will be lost.

Most beautiful ground in the world, not just the ground the surrondings.

Often the camera used in the ballon pans out and shows a bench I banged a girl on one night as people were making their way home at 4am.

I havent text in to TMS with that story, yet.

over a year ago

Cardiff

Great day so far, the strayans bowled out, ENG back in

over a year ago

The pitch is actually awful. It's slow, low and rather mediocre compared with the excellent pitches produced for the NZ series.

No idea why they brushed all the grass off it on Tuesday. Anyways here's hoping for better pitches elsewhere

over a year ago

Cook fails again ...

over a year ago

Cardiff

"

No idea why they brushed all the grass off it on Tuesday. Anyways here's hoping for better pitches elsewhere "

So the Aussie quick's, mostly Mitch arn't as deadly as they are back home.

Its playing well, look where the WK and Slips are stood.

over a year ago

Cardiff

Starting to look like a difficult game for Strayer now, could be all over by Sunday and the rain predicted dosent matter.

Their boys are starting to bowl with a limp too

over a year ago

Maybe just my negative attitude on life, but I can see Australia doing this run chase

over a year ago

I take it back, only rain can save them now

over a year ago

"I take it back, only rain can save them now"

Australia 130 for 6

over a year ago

Superb win for England, 1-0 up. Not many would have bet on a win inside 4 days before the start. I'm sure the Aussies will come back strong at Lords!

over a year ago

"Superb win for England, 1-0 up. Not many would have bet on a win inside 4 days before the start. I'm sure the Aussies will come back strong at Lords! "

I think the way cricket is played today unless there's rain no test will go to 5 days,

over a year ago

Cardiff

20 mins to first ball of the second test.

Strayer have beaten us at Lords more than lost to us, they are wounded, so watch out.

However, the ball swings late, they have made two changes and bat first.

Why not England eh, why not.

70-4 at lunch, yeah please

over a year ago

Warner out to Moeen Ali Australia 104/1 at lunch.

over a year ago

Cardiff

Strayer's session so far.

Warner is a fucking idiot

over a year ago

Gonna be a long n hard day in the field. 350/3 at close anyone?

over a year ago

Cardiff

Its got a long two days for England all over it.

There you go I have said it, that means Strayer will be bowled out for 150 by 3.30pm today

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Its got a long two days for England all over it.

There you go I have said it, that means Strayer will be bowled out for 150 by 3.30pm today"

hope so..

over a year ago

So do I.

By *amparaWoman
over a year ago

biggleswade

"Play starts in about half an hour.

England got well and truly fucked over last time down under, differnt conditions this time, differnt ball.

I hope England win the series starting off with a win in Cardiff this week.

Come on ENG - Hope it's a good series like the recent NZ one"

i'm at lords this saturday

over a year ago

OOps its 180/1 so bang goes the 150 all out theory.

over a year ago

"OOps its 180/1 so bang goes the 150 all out theory."
my 350/3 offer is still on

over a year ago

Nampara what will you be wearing then.?? Why not take a placard with "Fab come on England" then I can keep a look out for you on the telly.

By *amparaWoman
over a year ago

biggleswade

"Nampara what will you be wearing then.?? Why not take a placard with "Fab come on England" then I can keep a look out for you on the telly."
hahaha at the moment aus are 181 for 1

By *ain n MableWoman
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

The way the wickets are in England, I'm afraid it feels like who ever wins the toss wins the Test.

over a year ago

I'll revise my original.........350/1 anybody

By *amparaWoman
over a year ago

biggleswade

i predict a declaration tomorrow at around tea time we are doomed unless it rains

over a year ago

is it wrong to be slightly pleased as i have tickets for Monday so the longer the Aussies bate the more chance i have of seeing some play?

By *amparaWoman
over a year ago

biggleswade

"is it wrong to be slightly pleased as i have tickets for Monday so the longer the Aussies bate the more chance i have of seeing some play? "
i'm going saturday

over a year ago

"is it wrong to be slightly pleased as i have tickets for Monday so the longer the Aussies bate the more chance i have of seeing some play? "

You may well have to do some serious rain dancing over the weekend if you want to see Lords Cricket on Monday!!

By *amparaWoman
over a year ago

biggleswade

"is it wrong to be slightly pleased as i have tickets for Monday so the longer the Aussies bate the more chance i have of seeing some play?

You may well have to do some serious rain dancing over the weekend if you want to see Lords Cricket on Monday!! "

this is very true

over a year ago

"is it wrong to be slightly pleased as i have tickets for Monday so the longer the Aussies bate the more chance i have of seeing some play?

You may well have to do some serious rain dancing over the weekend if you want to see Lords Cricket on Monday!! this is very true "

Who won the toss, was it the Ozzie's?

By *amparaWoman
over a year ago

biggleswade

You may well have to do some serious rain dancing over the weekend if you want to see Lords Cricket on Monday!! this is very true

Who won the toss, was it the Ozzie's? "

it was indeed i reckon they are going to declare at some point today i predict around lunch time

over a year ago

You may well have to do some serious rain dancing over the weekend if you want to see Lords Cricket on Monday!! this is very true

Who won the toss, was it the Ozzie's? it was indeed i reckon they are going to declare at some point today i predict around lunch time "

Lunch? Geez, you're predicting a six-fest!

I'll go for a tea declaration with a 570-odd lead .......... but what's the weather forecast for London today? There's always the rain dance factor!

I heard M. Clark being interviewed before the toss & his concerns that there was 'a bit in this pitch first day...... .' , so I figured he was blagging & would bat!!

By *amparaWoman
over a year ago

biggleswade

Who won the toss, was it the Ozzie's? it was indeed i reckon they are going to declare at some point today i predict around lunch time

I'll go for a tea declaration with a 570-odd lead .......... but what's the weather forecast for London today? There's always the rain dance factor!

I heard M. Clark being interviewed before the toss & his concerns that there was 'a bit in this pitch first day...... .' , so I figured he was blagging & would bat!! "

i'm going saturday and hope it don't rain but then i'm kinda hoping it will because aus will declare england will bat not get enough runs and then aus will make england follow on oh lord am i being a defeatist??

over a year ago

Who won the toss, was it the Ozzie's? it was indeed i reckon they are going to declare at some point today i predict around lunch time

I heard M. Clark being interviewed before the toss & his concerns that there was 'a bit in this pitch first day...... .' , so I figured he was blagging & would bat!! i'm going saturday and hope it don't rain but then i'm kinda hoping it will because aus will declare england will bat not get enough runs and then aus will make england follow on oh lord am i being a defeatist?? "

A realist, I think!!

If the rain starts to come down today you'll need a crowbar to remove the Ozzie batsman from the wicket but rain today will probably make it more interesting over all, - as you say they have to have the time to bowl England out twice & they're 1-0 down!!

By *amparaWoman
over a year ago

biggleswade

I heard M. Clark being interviewed before the toss & his concerns that there was 'a bit in this pitch first day...... .' , so I figured he was blagging & would bat!! i'm going saturday and hope it don't rain but then i'm kinda hoping it will because aus will declare england will bat not get enough runs and then aus will make england follow on oh lord am i being a defeatist??

A realist, I think!!

If the rain starts to come down today you'll need a crowbar to remove the Ozzie batsman from the wicket but rain today will probably make it more interesting over all, - as you say they have to have the time to bowl England out twice & they're 1-0 down!!"

we are doomed

over a year ago

I think you might be right!

over a year ago

From memory Fred Astaire did a good rain dance..........or whoever!

By *amparaWoman
over a year ago

biggleswade

"From memory Fred Astaire did a good rain dance..........or whoever! "
no thats chief sitting bull

over a year ago

Can't see Australia batting till tea tonight, that only leaves 3 days to get a result, and this pitch isn't doing anything, I think they will come out swinging the bat this morning try get to 500 plus for dinner and declare maybe just after dinner, leave them 3 and a half days to take 20 English wickets

over a year ago

"From memory Fred Astaire did a good rain dance..........or whoever! no thats chief sitting bull "

Sit on the ball, that's it & refuse to get off untill it's a draw!

Those native Americans knew their stuff!

By *amparaWoman
over a year ago

biggleswade

"Can't see Australia batting till tea tonight, that only leaves 3 days to get a result, and this pitch isn't doing anything, I think they will come out swinging the bat this morning try get to 500 plus for dinner and declare maybe just after dinner, leave them 3 and a half days to take 20 English wickets"
i reckon around lunch time or just after this aussie declaration get england into bat and if they bowl england out very cheaply they will enforce the follow on but i hope i'm wrong

over a year ago

"Can't see Australia batting till tea tonight, that only leaves 3 days to get a result, and this pitch isn't doing anything, I think they will come out swinging the bat this morning try get to 500 plus for dinner and declare maybe just after dinner, leave them 3 and a half days to take 20 English wickets i reckon around lunch time or just after this aussie declaration get england into bat and if they bowl england out very cheaply they will enforce the follow on but i hope i'm wrong "

England should SHOULD be able to bat a day and a half to 2 days on this wicket, then it will fizzle out to a draw,

over a year ago

Cardiff

"OOps its 180/1 so bang goes the 150 all out theory."

You failed to quote this bit:

Its got a long two days for England all over it.

over a year ago

Cardiff

Pick Adil Rashid.

We shouldnt be throwing the ball to Root and Lythe

over a year ago

"Pick Adil Rashid.

We shouldnt be throwing the ball to Root and Lythe"

Would be great to have a high quality spinner in the attack, but I'm not sure Rashid is the right guy. They will stick with Moeen for his batting and will hope his bowling develops.

over a year ago

Cardiff

"Pick Adil Rashid.

We shouldnt be throwing the ball to Root and Lythe

Would be great to have a high quality spinner in the attack, but I'm not sure Rashid is the right guy. They will stick with Moeen for his batting and will hope his bowling develops."

Until you try you dont know

over a year ago

Cardiff

Two wickets so far today.

over a year ago

"Can't see Australia batting till tea tonight, that only leaves 3 days to get a result, and this pitch isn't doing anything, I think they will come out swinging the bat this morning try get to 500 plus for dinner and declare maybe just after dinner, leave them 3 and a half days to take 20 English wickets"
3½ days, - that's a little on the conservative side isn't it? By that reckoning it would take 7 days to complete the test match. It's a slow pitch but not that slow, - probably about the norm for Lords.

over a year ago

"Can't see Australia batting till tea tonight, that only leaves 3 days to get a result, and this pitch isn't doing anything, I think they will come out swinging the bat this morning try get to 500 plus for dinner and declare maybe just after dinner, leave them 3 and a half days to take 20 English wickets 3½ days, - that's a little on the conservative side isn't it? By that reckoning it would take 7 days to complete the test match. It's a slow pitch but not that slow, - probably about the norm for Lords."

Australia have just batted for well over a day and a half on a wicket not offering much, so all England need to do is match that through both innings and this will be a draw, I think Australia have batted too long to be able to force a result, unless England collapse which is a possibility

over a year ago

"Can't see Australia batting till tea tonight, that only leaves 3 days to get a result, and this pitch isn't doing anything, I think they will come out swinging the bat this morning try get to 500 plus for dinner and declare maybe just after dinner, leave them 3 and a half days to take 20 English wickets 3½ days, - that's a little on the conservative side isn't it? By that reckoning it would take 7 days to complete the test match. It's a slow pitch but not that slow, - probably about the norm for Lords.

Australia have just batted for well over a day and a half on a wicket not offering much, so all England need to do is match that through both innings and this will be a draw, I think Australia have batted too long to be able to force a result, unless England collapse which is a possibility"

I thought the ockers did exactly the right thing, if they declared just after lunch they'd have set a much smaller follow-on total for England to chase, on as you say, a flat wicket.

By *amparaWoman
over a year ago

biggleswade

england are 30 for 4 lord help us i feel a follow on coming on

By *amparaWoman
over a year ago

biggleswade

"england are 30 for 4 lord help us i feel a follow on coming on "
an england collapse we are sooo good at collapsing are we not?

over a year ago

"england are 30 for 4 lord help us i feel a follow on coming on "

omg!! Its amazing what a bit of scoreboard pressure can do, eh?

Yes, barring rain I think we were right, that poor fabber with tickets for Monday, may as well have tickets for last years cup final!

Come on England, - otherwise you could be watching the Steve Smith show '2' tomorrow!!

over a year ago

I take it all back, Australia have played this brilliantly

over a year ago

"england are 30 for 4 lord help us i feel a follow on coming on an england collapse we are sooo good at collapsing are we not? "

What's the score now? I'd guess that cook & Bell are gone???? - Do you mind playing the score updater/commentator for 30 mins?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/07/15 17:34:53]

By *amparaWoman
over a year ago

biggleswade

41 for 4 and stokes and cook are in

over a year ago

"41 for 4 and stokes and cook are in"
thank you!

So that means that Root is gone, - staring down the barrel now.

By *amparaWoman
over a year ago

biggleswade

"41 for 4 and stokes and cook are in thank you!

So that means that Root is gone, - staring down the barrel now. "

root went for 1

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

So that means that Root is gone, - staring down the barrel now. "

could be over by tea tomorrow..

over a year ago

So that means that Root is gone, - staring down the barrel now. root went for 1"

Well I hope they don't lose any more wickets today (if it isn't stumps already), then you might see a great game tomorrow & an England fightback, - the third day of a test match is usually the best day!

By *amparaWoman
over a year ago

biggleswade

So that means that Root is gone, - staring down the barrel now. root went for 1

Well I hope they don't lose any more wickets today (if it isn't stumps already), then you might see a great game tomorrow & an England fightback, - the third day of a test match is usually the best day! "

77 for 4 now

over a year ago

Well I hope they don't lose any more wickets today (if it isn't stumps already), then you might see a great game tomorrow & an England fightback, - the third day of a test match is usually the best day! 77 for 4 now"

thanks

Getting there slowly!

It doesn't matter how quick they score tonight, they just need to keep their 6 remaining wickets intact!

By *amparaWoman
over a year ago

biggleswade

Well I hope they don't lose any more wickets today (if it isn't stumps already), then you might see a great game tomorrow & an England fightback, - the third day of a test match is usually the best day! 77 for 4 now thanks

Getting there slowly!

It doesn't matter how quick they score tonight, they just need to keep their 6 remaining wickets intact! "

any more and we are done for lol and i'm being tormented by an aussie friend on here

By *amparaWoman
over a year ago

biggleswade

85 for 4 now and its stumps

over a year ago

"85 for 4 now and its stumps"

Yes, the Aussies do like to rub it in, I know that oh so well!!

Tell him that you actually support the All Blacks in rugby, - that usually quietens them down a bit!!

over a year ago

Geez, this thread has gone very quiet, - surprising considering that although the win is all but out of England's hands, they're making a bit of a fight of it!

Does anyone know when the new ball is due? That'll be the tester!

over a year ago

Right 5 sessions to go, don't even look at the scoreboard, just take each session on its own and try to bat through each session without losing wicket,

over a year ago

2nd wicket down, could be all over today at this rate

over a year ago

Make that 3 down, at least the tennis looks better

over a year ago

Bell and root can see England through to close today, hopefully dinner tomorrow still a good chance of a draw

over a year ago

4 down

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Maybe 5

over a year ago

What the fuck was he doing?

over a year ago

Oh dear it's just not cricket.

over a year ago

Remember getting my Capo run out one day- took a while to be forgiven for that one.

Actually, not sure he ever did

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Poor that from stokes-y, funny but poor.

Bell seems to be like Teflon, gets no grief but the team is consistently down a few wickets more than half the time.

Root-y needs an athers like effort here.

over a year ago

"Poor that from stokes-y, funny but poor.

Bell seems to be like Teflon, gets no grief but the team is consistently down a few wickets more than half the time.

Root-y needs an athers like effort here. "

Poor? it was fucking dog shit, every 8 year old child knows to slide your bat in,

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Was hoping the game may stretch into a fifth day and I could pop down for a bit, but 5 wickets fell in that session

over a year ago

Cardiff

Fucking hell that went well.

My team scored more than England on both days this weekend.

Lyth, Ballance and Bell to have a sit down I think

over a year ago

Balance out bell up to 3 and bairstow in, what do we think?

I can't believe they've dropped they young one to keep an old one, bells career is coming to an end and they should of kept balance in

over a year ago

"Balance out bell up to 3 and bairstow in, what do we think?

I can't believe they've dropped they young one to keep an old one, bells career is coming to an end and they should of kept balance in"

It's Bell's home ground, - makes sense I guess.

over a year ago

Can't see the change making much difference. Bairstow is obviously a talented batsmen in the county game but he's been shown up as fragile against international bowling attacks. I fear a top order failure again regardless of the changes.

Gary Balance has been targeted by the hostile balls due to his play it late and back of the crease style, he's been found out and needs to go away and tweak his technique a bit.

Lyth has earned at least another match to show something but he'll be going to that game with his place under threat, as will Bell........failure at his home track may be a nail in his international career.

over a year ago

"Come on England, spin to win.

Big day today, Sunday looks a bit wet and quite a lot of time will be lost.

Most beautiful ground in the world, not just the ground the surrondings.

Often the camera used in the ballon pans out and shows a bench I banged a girl on one night as people were making their way home at 4am.

I havent text in to TMS with that story, yet."

Most beautiful bench in the world, you mean?

Hardly the ground!

over a year ago

Cricket like some profiles .. blocked ha

over a year ago

"Can't see the change making much difference. Bairstow is obviously a talented batsmen in the county game but he's been shown up as fragile against international bowling attacks. I fear a top order failure again regardless of the changes.

Gary Balance has been targeted by the hostile balls due to his play it late and back of the crease style, he's been found out and needs to go away and tweak his technique a bit.

Lyth has earned at least another match to show something but he'll be going to that game with his place under threat, as will Bell........failure at his home track may be a nail in his international career."

BBKP!!

over a year ago

"Can't see the change making much difference. Bairstow is obviously a talented batsmen in the county game but he's been shown up as fragile against international bowling attacks. I fear a top order failure again regardless of the changes.

Lyth has earned at least another match to show something but he'll be going to that game with his place under threat, as will Bell........failure at his home track may be a nail in his international career.

BBKP!! "

Dunno about that, what's his form been like at the IPL?

I do think that 'da management' need to man up and just have the balls to swing axes on players woefully out of form though.

over a year ago

"Balance out bell up to 3 and bairstow in, what do we think?

I can't believe they've dropped they young one to keep an old one, bells career is coming to an end and they should of kept balance in"

Ballance has been found out I'm afraid, but he will come again. Thought they might have bumped everyone up in the batting order and given Rashid a go as we looked short of ideas bowling. That said Bairstow deserves his chance, although I'd also like to see James Taylor given consideration alongside Hales at the top of the order.

over a year ago

BBKP!!

I do think that 'da management' need to man up and just have the balls to swing axes on players woefully out of form though."

That's a strange comparison, - Test Cricket & T20!!

England would be so much stronger with KP, he adds the fear factor to the batting lineup, also apparently he's brilliant at working with the kids, too & there's a few around the England setup now!

By *amparaWoman
over a year ago

biggleswade

BBKP!!

I do think that 'da management' need to man up and just have the balls to swing axes on players woefully out of form though.

That's a strange comparison, - Test Cricket & T20!!

England would be so much stronger with KP, he adds the fear factor to the batting lineup, also apparently he's brilliant at working with the kids, too & there's a few around the England setup now!"

yeah kp come back

By *amparaWoman
over a year ago

biggleswade

but i got to quote an aussie friend who says you english when everything is great its wonderful but the minute you get a bad result you crucify a side, it happens lol god i remember watching jeff thompson and dennis lillee taking england apart lol a bit before your time but england have always found it hard to beat australia and always will

over a year ago

"yeah kp come back "

Hey, did you enjoy your Saturday? At least they made a bit of a fight of it!

over a year ago

Kp tweated the other day, "batting better than ever I could really help out, shame I'm on the beach"

How does he know he's batting better than ever when he's Sat on a beach in Miami?

I don't think they should bring him back

over a year ago

"Kp tweated the other day, "batting better than ever I could really help out, shame I'm on the beach"

How does he know he's batting better than ever when he's Sat on a beach in Miami?

I don't think they should bring him back"

Yeah but above you seemed to be showing a dislike to a Test Cricket scoring rate of 4 runs per over!!

over a year ago

"but i got to quote an aussie friend who says you english when everything is great its wonderful but the minute you get a bad result you crucify a side, it happens lol god i remember watching jeff thompson and dennis lillee taking england apart lol a bit before your time but england have always found it hard to beat australia and always will "

Not to mention the McGrath & Warne era!

By *amparaWoman
over a year ago

biggleswade

"but i got to quote an aussie friend who says you english when everything is great its wonderful but the minute you get a bad result you crucify a side, it happens lol god i remember watching jeff thompson and dennis lillee taking england apart lol a bit before your time but england have always found it hard to beat australia and always will

Not to mention the McGrath & Warne era! "

yes indeed those too hahaha the days before liz hurley ruined the way shane warne looked

over a year ago

"Kp tweated the other day, "batting better than ever I could really help out, shame I'm on the beach"

Yeah but above you seemed to be showing a dislike to a Test Cricket scoring rate of 4 runs per over!! "

This is true, my issue with kp though is I don't think he was consist enough to be a test player

over a year ago

Yeah but above you seemed to be showing a dislike to a Test Cricket scoring rate of 4 runs per over!!

This is true, my issue with kp though is I don't think he was consist enough to be a test player"

8000+ runs would suggest he probably was! Can't see the ECB wanting anything to do with him though, if he hadn't published the book then maybe.

over a year ago

This is true, my issue with kp though is I don't think he was consist enough to be a test player

8000+ runs would suggest he probably was! Can't see the ECB wanting anything to do with him though, if he hadn't published the book then maybe."

Certainly to the end of His .international career he was very feast or famine, 10 or 15 innings of 10s and 20s and then 1 innings of a hundred,

over a year ago

8000+ runs would suggest he probably was! Can't see the ECB wanting anything to do with him though, if he hadn't published the book then maybe.

Certainly to the end of His .international career he was very feast or famine, 10 or 15 innings of 10s and 20s and then 1 innings of a hundred, "

His average in his last test year (including the infamous Ashes tour) was 36 vs career of 47, so not as good, but better than most of our top order this year!

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

I would like to see KP given a chance again now we have moved away from the painful cricket by numbers approach employed by flower and moores. He was always slated because his ideas on cricket put him at odds with the regime at the time, given the freedom given to the team now I believe he would thrive.

If he came off the team would benefit enormously, if he didn't it would make no difference considering the people likely to be replaced.

It's a bit of a no lose gamble.

over a year ago

"I would like to see KP given a chance again now we have moved away from the painful cricket by numbers approach employed by flower and moores. He was always slated because his ideas on cricket put him at odds with the regime at the time, given the freedom given to the team now I believe he would thrive.

If he came off the team would benefit enormously, if he didn't it would make no difference considering the people likely to be replaced.

It's a bit of a no lose gamble."

I tend to agree. However, KP played his best cricket under Vaughan, a captain who he respected and trusted. I don't think that respect or trust exists with Cook and I don't think KP is the kind of guy who can keep quiet if he doesn't agree with what is going on around him (not necessarily a bad thing). Like I said, had he not published the book I think the ECB would have given him another chance.

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

"I would like to see KP given a chance again now we have moved away from the painful cricket by numbers approach employed by flower and moores. He was always slated because his ideas on cricket put him at odds with the regime at the time, given the freedom given to the team now I believe he would thrive.

I tend to agree. However, KP played his best cricket under Vaughan, a captain who he respected and trusted. I don't think that respect or trust exists with Cook and I don't think KP is the kind of guy who can keep quiet if he doesn't agree with what is going on around him (not necessarily a bad thing). Like I said, had he not published the book I think the ECB would have given him another chance."

I agree with what you say about the relationship between KP and cook, however, now he is not expected to do exactly as he is told on the field and is allowed independent thought that relationship may be completely different.

The book is a complete red herring. Books had no affect on Swann and Twitter accounts had no affect on broad. I expect the players to play cricket not like each other or read books.

over a year ago

I tend to agree. However, KP played his best cricket under Vaughan, a captain who he respected and trusted. I don't think that respect or trust exists with Cook and I don't think KP is the kind of guy who can keep quiet if he doesn't agree with what is going on around him (not necessarily a bad thing). Like I said, had he not published the book I think the ECB would have given him another chance.

I agree with what you say about the relationship between KP and cook, however, now he is not expected to do exactly as he is told on the field and is allowed independent thought that relationship may be completely different.

The book is a complete red herring. Books had no affect on Swann and Twitter accounts had no affect on broad. I expect the players to play cricket not like each other or read books. "

I don't think the players care at all, issue is the ECB picks the team and pays the wages and KP basically called them all a bunch of c@+ts!

Post new Message to Thread