Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cabin fever...,

Jump to newest

By *issHottieBottie OP   Woman
over a year ago

Kent

Stuck indoors with a cranky 4 year old waiting for a delivery with not even a rough time scale.. Done all the housework and finished crocheting a blanket, unpacked the tesco shop and im boooooored!!! From now on im only ordering things from people that deliver using DPD as you can properly stalk the delivery driver to within a few minutes..

Harumph..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ubicinchMan
over a year ago

Gwynedd

It's rubbish innit? And you can guarantee the minute you go for a dump, or run to the shop for some milk, the bugger will turn up. DOH

over a year ago

Kent

"It's rubbish innit? And you can guarantee the minute you go for a dump, or run to the shop for some milk, the bugger will turn up. DOH"

Yep! Daren't! They tried to deliver Friday but I was working and I rang the number and told them I wouldn't be able to be in for redelivery till today. They then tried to deliver Saturday and yesterday!!

By *lewelyn23Man
over a year ago

swansea

DPD are probably the best around for ccouriers, no hassle either

By *ubicinchMan
over a year ago

Gwynedd

I had one idiot from UKmail last week, claims he tried to deliver twice but couldn't find my house. It never occurred to him to ask a few neighbouring properties which one he was looking for? Too difficult see.

over a year ago

Kent

"DPD are probably the best around for ccouriers, no hassle either "

They are fab! I followed the guy around kent from the comfort of the sofa all morning and even popped out for a cheeky Costa and was back with plenty of time

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

Hermes are shit. I waited around all day for them to deliver.. The front door buzzed but by the time I got up and answered the phone thingy they had gone! It took me like 10 seconds.. I even pressed the enter button just in case.. Then checked the tracking bit and it said "courier to re attempt" the same minute that the door buzzed.. Ridiculous.

I've been inside for almost a week.. I should probably go out! With deliveries and being poorly I've just not had the chance. I think I may have lost the plot

over a year ago

Kent

Still waiting.... Waaaahhhhh!!!

By *ubicinchMan
over a year ago

Gwynedd

I've had similar with knock on door, takes me 10 seconds to walk through house to answer and by the time I get there, they've gone. Some will even fill out the card before they ring the bell. FFS. I know they work to tight schedule, but they'd save everyone a lot of time with just a little more effort to deliver. I could almost be led to thinking they earn extra money for a redelivery attempt...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Stuck indoors with a cranky 4 year old waiting for a delivery with not even a rough time scale.. Done all the housework and finished crocheting a blanket, unpacked the tesco shop and im boooooored!!! From now on im only ordering things from people that deliver using DPD as you can properly stalk the delivery driver to within a few minutes..

Harumph.. "

You mean you have a 4 year old that lets you do stuff?? Can we swap??

over a year ago

Kent

"Stuck indoors with a cranky 4 year old waiting for a delivery with not even a rough time scale.. Done all the housework and finished crocheting a blanket, unpacked the tesco shop and im boooooored!!! From now on im only ordering things from people that deliver using DPD as you can properly stalk the delivery driver to within a few minutes..

Harumph..

You mean you have a 4 year old that lets you do stuff?? Can we swap?? "

Only because I let him play the xbox for 2 hours! He was meant to be out with his dad today but point blank refused to leave the house and got quite upset there was no persuading him so he's here with me. Ive also played star wars battles, lego, avengers, done a jigsaw and watched 'inside out' not bad since 6am!

over a year ago

Kent

AAAAAAARRRGGHHHHH!!!

over a year ago

Kent

Just rang parcel force to check on my stuff.. They've forgotten to load it onto the bloody delivery lorry it's still just sat in the fucking warehouse!! Incompetent fuckwits!! Now ive sat in all friggin day for nothing .. NOT AMUSED!!!

over a year ago

"Just rang parcel force to check on my stuff.. They've forgotten to load it onto the bloody delivery lorry it's still just sat in the fucking warehouse!! Incompetent fuckwits!! Now ive sat in all friggin day for nothing .. NOT AMUSED!!!"

It's worse the further south you are hope you gave them hell

over a year ago

Kent

"Just rang parcel force to check on my stuff.. They've forgotten to load it onto the bloody delivery lorry it's still just sat in the fucking warehouse!! Incompetent fuckwits!! Now ive sat in all friggin day for nothing .. NOT AMUSED!!!

It's worse the further south you are hope you gave them hell"

Well it wasn't the woman's fault she had put it on the list when I rang to check yesterday to check that I had rescheduled delivery correctly for today as it's the only day im home this week. She kindly offered to send it tomorrow but im not off now till Saturday..

over a year ago

"Just rang parcel force to check on my stuff.. They've forgotten to load it onto the bloody delivery lorry it's still just sat in the fucking warehouse!! Incompetent fuckwits!! Now ive sat in all friggin day for nothing .. NOT AMUSED!!!

It's worse the further south you are hope you gave them hell

Well it wasn't the woman's fault she had put it on the list when I rang to check yesterday to check that I had rescheduled delivery correctly for today as it's the only day im home this week. She kindly offered to send it tomorrow but im not off now till Saturday.. "

Bill them for your time

over a year ago

So they are going to try tomorrow I assume

over a year ago

Kent

"So they are going to try tomorrow I assume "

Well when they first tried on friday and I was at work I rang to tell them there was no point attempting re delivery till today as I wasn't going to be in. So they attempted re deliver on Saturday and yesterday.. So yeah im guessing they'll give it a go tomorrow.. And probably Thursdays and friday too!

over a year ago

Poor driver wasting his valuable time on a failed delivery haha

over a year ago

Can't you get it delivered to your local post office for you to collect ?

over a year ago

Kent

"Can't you get it delivered to your local post office for you to collect ? "

If I pay another £6.50 on top of the £7.50 I already paid then ill have to pay £5 to get it home in a taxi x

over a year ago

Kent

"Poor driver wasting his valuable time on a failed delivery haha "

Lol. It wouldn't be failed If they came when they were supposed to.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

You could have listened to Cabin Pressure on the wireless, it's a cracking programme.

over a year ago

"Can't you get it delivered to your local post office for you to collect ?

If I pay another £6.50 on top of the £7.50 I already paid then ill have to pay £5 to get it home in a taxi x"

Blimey , that's steep.

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Harumph.. "

Build a tent with the kid

over a year ago

Kent

Harumph..

Build a tent with the kid"

It's ok days over now dinner time then bath and bed. X

over a year ago

Kent

Waiting again... Been assured it's on the lorry and will be here by 1.

That'll be 12.55 then seeing as I'm waiting to go into town!

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

What could be worse than my son texting and saying you can't go out mum as I have a parcel coming and need you to stay in for it .... and the OH is out and about on his travels to goodness knows where. I feel caged too .... especially as I need to go out and get a few things. Refusing to do the housework until someone gets home to help me.

over a year ago

"Waiting again... Been assured it's on the lorry and will be here by 1.

That'll be 12.55 then seeing as I'm waiting to go into town! "

Fingers x ed for you this time then!

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

So tired .. Tired of waiting... Tired of waiting for yooooooo

over a year ago

Kent

It's here!! Wahooooo!!! X