Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

womens make up tips

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

hello everyone.

im a new girl , just got ino dressing and love it.

just about getting the jist of my foundation , lipstick and lipgloss.

my eyes I struggle with , always poke myself in them.

any tips from t-girls or women would be most greatful

many thanks x x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well stop sticking your finger in your eye haha!

Best thing is just a long handled brush and use a soft sweeping motion, lots of tutorials online to help

over a year ago

"hello everyone.

im a new girl , just got ino dressing and love it.

just about getting the jist of my foundation , lipstick and lipgloss.

my eyes I struggle with , always poke myself in them.

any tips from t-girls or women would be most greatful

many thanks x x"

Im sure this topic will help lots of people so i hope that you get lots of positive responnse that helps

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

You tube tutorials are great and there are loads on there geared towards make up tips for TV's

over a year ago

"Well stop sticking your finger in your eye haha!

Best thing is just a long handled brush and use a soft sweeping motion, lots of tutorials online to help"

its not my finger that's sticking in my eye as my finger is usually stuck elsewhere lol

I think that's my best bet really online tutorials x x

over a year ago

"You tube tutorials are great and there are loads on there geared towards make up tips for TV's "

x x

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

Invest in decent brushes also I'm not talking Bobbi brown ones they have been on my wish list for bloody ages but you can get a decent set for about £20-30

over a year ago

I find a liquid eyeliner is far easier to apply than any other.

For shadow a decent brush not the crap that comes with the make up.

I learnt to do my eyes through magazines as a teenager, it's not a natural thing. Don't feel daft using Google and YouTube and sitting practising.

Often eyes can look not so good until totally finished so don't give up half way through when practising.

Be careful you don't end up with shadow all over your cheeks by using a good product, or sometimes if there's a special colour I want and it's really dusty then hold a tissue where the excess may fall to stop you having to redo your cheeks.

Small mistakes can be sorted by gently removing with a cleansing wipe rather than restarting.

When applying eyeliner don't draw free hand but rest your hand on your cheek for stability, it can stop some of the wobbles.

Hope some of that helps?

Rach x

over a year ago

"Invest in decent brushes also I'm not talking Bobbi brown ones they have been on my wish list for bloody ages but you can get a decent set for about £20-30 "

Theres a shop at Cheshire oaks that sells bobbi brown and Mac brushes for a reduced cost! Ive built my mac set up with mini kits and buying them individually

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Really good brushes. Blend, blend, blend. I have a light up make-up mirror and always rest my elbow on a hard surface when doing upper lid eyeliner. Oh, and a cream highlighter dabbed in the inner corner of the lid and just below the browbone and blended at the end works wonders. I am not an everyday make up user but there are some brilliant YouTube tutorial videos I've had fun following.

over a year ago

"You tube tutorials are great and there are loads on there geared towards make up tips for TV's "

Good advice

over a year ago

I use brushes by Sam Champan

over a year ago

"I find a liquid eyeliner is far easier to apply than any other.

For shadow a decent brush not the crap that comes with the make up.

I learnt to do my eyes through magazines as a teenager, it's not a natural thing. Don't feel daft using Google and YouTube and sitting practising.

Often eyes can look not so good until totally finished so don't give up half way through when practising.

Be careful you don't end up with shadow all over your cheeks by using a good product, or sometimes if there's a special colour I want and it's really dusty then hold a tissue where the excess may fall to stop you having to redo your cheeks.

Small mistakes can be sorted by gently removing with a cleansing wipe rather than restarting.

When applying eyeliner don't draw free hand but rest your hand on your cheek for stability, it can stop some of the wobbles.

Hope some of that helps?

Rach x"

thank you for your advice , most kind x x

over a year ago

"Invest in decent brushes also I'm not talking Bobbi brown ones they have been on my wish list for bloody ages but you can get a decent set for about £20-30

Theres a shop at Cheshire oaks that sells bobbi brown and Mac brushes for a reduced cost! Ive built my mac set up with mini kits and buying them individually "

x x x

over a year ago

"Really good brushes. Blend, blend, blend. I have a light up make-up mirror and always rest my elbow on a hard surface when doing upper lid eyeliner. Oh, and a cream highlighter dabbed in the inner corner of the lid and just below the browbone and blended at the end works wonders. I am not an everyday make up user but there are some brilliant YouTube tutorial videos I've had fun following."

thank you so kind x x

over a year ago

"I use brushes by Sam Champan "

Me too, the Real Techniques ones are excellent for the price. If you don't want to spend much, I really like Ecotools brushes which you can also get in Boots.

It really is all about practice. I taught myself most of what I know about applying makeup when I was a teenager just by putting it on, even if I wasn't actually going out. Blogs and YouTube tutorials have helped a lot too but you need to learn what works best for your own features. I love Pixiwoos tutorials, for example, but both sisters have very different features to me so I have to adapt what they're doing.

over a year ago

"I use brushes by Sam Champan

Me too, the Real Techniques ones are excellent for the price. If you don't want to spend much, I really like Ecotools brushes which you can also get in Boots.

It really is all about practice. I taught myself most of what I know about applying makeup when I was a teenager just by putting it on, even if I wasn't actually going out. Blogs and YouTube tutorials have helped a lot too but you need to learn what works best for your own features. I love Pixiwoos tutorials, for example, but both sisters have very different features to me so I have to adapt what they're doing."

Yes they are great! my latest one is the metallic contour brush! Love it!

Oooh I will try the Eco ones too, thanks ha! I've watched loads of they're tutorials .. And follow them on Instagram.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Invest in decent brushes also I'm not talking Bobbi brown ones they have been on my wish list for bloody ages but you can get a decent set for about £20-30

Theres a shop at Cheshire oaks that sells bobbi brown and Mac brushes for a reduced cost! Ive built my mac set up with mini kits and buying them individually "

I have wanted them since my make up artist days I will get them.....one day

over a year ago

It really is all about practice. I taught myself most of what I know about applying makeup when I was a teenager just by putting it on, even if I wasn't actually going out. Blogs and YouTube tutorials have helped a lot too but you need to learn what works best for your own features. I love Pixiwoos tutorials, for example, but both sisters have very different features to me so I have to adapt what they're doing.

Oooh I will try the Eco ones too, thanks ha! I've watched loads of they're tutorials .. And follow them on Instagram. "

Me too, Sam has the most gorgeous eyes.

over a year ago

Oooh I will try the Eco ones too, thanks ha! I've watched loads of they're tutorials .. And follow them on Instagram.

Me too, Sam has the most gorgeous eyes. "

Yep! She is so stunning!

Post new Message to Thread