FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What would The Colonies be like if we still had them?

Jump to newest

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man
over a year ago

Bradford

Do you think that they would be more like Canada?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Canada isn't a british colony

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Canada isn't a british colony"

You realise the queen is still the recognised Sovereign of Canada right?

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

"Canada isn't a british colony"

It isn't?

I thought all those countries within the commonwealth are once british colonies?

Correct me please if I'm wrong.

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

"Do you think that they would be more like Canada? "

Don't be silly!

Canada is full of nice white people since we moved out all the original inhabitants.

over a year ago

"Canada isn't a british colony

It isn't?

I thought all those countries within the commonwealth are once british colonies?

Correct me please if I'm wrong."

No, some were protectorates and some were dominions.

over a year ago

You realise the queen is still the recognised Sovereign of Canada right?"

Reslly ? Funny, cos i dont even recognise her as soverign of this country

over a year ago

You realise the queen is still the recognised Sovereign of Canada right?

Reslly ? Funny, cos i dont even recognise her as soverign of this country "

She's even on the money.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

and a happy independence day to you lot too.... lol

I am going to a BBQ laid on by friends in the "american government" today.... the 3 hour round trip is worth it for the cracking hot dogs!!!!

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

It isn't?

Correct me please if I'm wrong.

No, some were protectorates and some were dominions. "

Thank you..!!

Protected...not colonised..

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"and a happy independence day to you lot too.... lol

I am going to a BBQ laid on by friends in the "american government" today.... the 3 hour round trip is worth it for the cracking hot dogs!!!! "

Have fun fabs I loved independence day when I was living with the yanks I got the piss taken out of me BT all in good fun..

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

It's like Australia - the only country in the world where Apartheid worked.

If you notice, they killed most of the original inhabitants and then pushed the leftovers to the margins

over a year ago

"It's like Australia - the only country in the world where Apartheid worked.

If you notice, they killed most of the original inhabitants and then pushed the leftovers to the margins"

Excuse me?? there is no such apartheid there. Where do you base your opinion from?!

The indigenous Australians have never been treated like that. I went to school, worked and did traineeships with Aborigines throughout the 70s, 80s and 90s. The ones that are 'pushed into the margins' choose to live there, as they want to preserve their traditional way of life. They have control of natural and sacred places like Uluru (Ayres Rock). And they get a lot of financial help compared to European Australians.

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

"It's like Australia - the only country in the world where Apartheid worked.

If you notice, they killed most of the original inhabitants and then pushed the leftovers to the margins

Excuse me?? there is no such apartheid there. Where do you base your opinion from?!

The indigenous Australians have never been treated like that. I went to school, worked and did traineeships with Aborigines throughout the 70s, 80s and 90s. The ones that are 'pushed into the margins' choose to live there, as they want to preserve their traditional way of life. They have control of natural and sacred places like Uluru (Ayres Rock). And they get a lot of financial help compared to European Australians."

*coffs*

I think you'll find that Aborigines were only classed as something *other* than Flora and Fauna (I kid you not) in 1967.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_referendum,_1967_(Aboriginals)

It's a DEEPLY racist society.

over a year ago

We were working over in colorado with a couple of choppers. One night in a bar a local guy said to us "what's with the word 'Royal' on the side of your heleecptoors"? Without batting an eye my colleague told him "you're coming towards the end of your 300 year lease, we're over here seeing which parts we want back first!" needless to say he didnt have a sense of humour!

over a year ago

It would be nice to think that if we still ran India there wouldnt be 2 nuclear equipped countries that hate each other and live next door to each other! We probably wouldn't let 500 people travel on top of a train. And I'm sure we wouldn't be to happy about them shitting in the street and contaminating the fresh water. Then of course would our liberal political nature let the poor make a living from going through the rubbish from the rich, while the government spends foreign aid cash on a space program? Id hope not..

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"It would be nice to think that if we still ran India there wouldnt be 2 nuclear equipped countries that hate each other and live next door to each other! We probably wouldn't let 500 people travel on top of a train. And I'm sure we wouldn't be to happy about them shitting in the street and contaminating the fresh water. Then of course would our liberal political nature let the poor make a living from going through the rubbish from the rich, while the government spends foreign aid cash on a space program? Id hope not.."

India had 1 of the richest cultures and civilizations in the world before the british invaders came to plunder its resources and break its will

I'd like to see how they would be now if britian never got its greedy hands on it

over a year ago

"It would be nice to think that if we still ran India there wouldnt be 2 nuclear equipped countries that hate each other and live next door to each other! We probably wouldn't let 500 people travel on top of a train. And I'm sure we wouldn't be to happy about them shitting in the street and contaminating the fresh water. Then of course would our liberal political nature let the poor make a living from going through the rubbish from the rich, while the government spends foreign aid cash on a space program? Id hope not.."

We did of course create Pakistan as a country though when we left so it's kinda our fault

over a year ago

"It would be nice to think that if we still ran India there wouldnt be 2 nuclear equipped countries that hate each other and live next door to each other! We probably wouldn't let 500 people travel on top of a train. And I'm sure we wouldn't be to happy about them shitting in the street and contaminating the fresh water. Then of course would our liberal political nature let the poor make a living from going through the rubbish from the rich, while the government spends foreign aid cash on a space program? Id hope not..

India had 1 of the richest cultures and civilizations in the world before the british invaders came to plunder its resources and break its will

I'd like to see how they would be now if britian never got its greedy hands on it"

Probably a lot worse off as the Chinese or Arabian empires would have had at them instead

over a year ago

I lived in a country when it became independent from Great Britain.

over a year ago

There would still be people living on the streets and begging. We might get cheaper holidays though.

Post new Message to Thread