Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Theatre

Jump to newest

By *antilevered OP   Couple
over a year ago

North London

We're off to see 'To Kill a Mockingbird' at The Barbican this weekend. Has anyone seen it yet? Opinions?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I went to see Dirty Dancing on Thursday. My first ever show! It was good!

Hope you have a great time!

over a year ago

I haven't been to see it yet but really want too, along with 12 angry men. I look forward to hearing your review.

I mean I want to see the production of 12 Angry Men, not that I want to see To Kill A Mocking Bird with 12 angry men. I'm sure that would fall in to some fetish niche on this site so thought I should clarify!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I'd love to know what you thought of this

I'd be going with one slightly grumpy old man

over a year ago

North London

Absolutely fantastic. The cast were absolutely on top of their game. The responsibility of carrying the first act lies with the three youngest actors and their skill belies their youth. The director has paced it beautifully to take the audience at times slowly and at others with jarring speed from the superficially idyllic small town life to a cruel, bigoted corrupt establishment. We walked away thinking about how live the theme is to this day. Go see it if you can.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'm glad you had a good time. Not enough people go to live shows. It's more of an event than just getting a dvd out.

over a year ago

North London

Despite the protestations of producers and venue owners, much of London's theatre is quite simply too exclusive. The cost can be ridiculous particularly when you add in the extra costs that go with an evening out in a big city, be that transport, parking, refreshments etc.. In addition to excessive cost, many of those involved in the opera scene carry on with the most ridiculous affectations and overt snobbery, to the point of inhibiting new audiences or pissing off those who enjoy opera but don't wish to play the class game.

Go back just a few generations and theatre, including opera, was where ordinary people could and would go and see comedy, tragedy, satire or drama. People could shout and roar to let the writers and cast know just what they thought of them but now if you so much as smile at an unapproved smiling point in an opera, some snoot who knows as much about opera as I do about growing dental floss, will look condescendingly down their nose wondering how you managed to get in.

Post new Message to Thread