Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

When FB suggests someone from Fab

Jump to newest

By *iSTARess OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

My private Farcebook profile just suggested I friend someone who I've met a few times from here. Which was a surprise.

Are the sites linked in anyway?

Anyone else get this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Goes by your phone book (contact list)

over a year ago

Are they on your Whatsapp contacts or have you emailed them from an account you use on FB?

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"My private Farcebook profile just suggested I friend someone who I've met a few times from here. Which was a surprise.

Anyone else get this?

"

That's nothing.

It's far worse when Fab recommends your mum as a contact based on your FB friends...

Mr ddc

over a year ago

Facebook owns whatsapp, if you have chatted over whatsapp it will suggest them...... Facebook knows all!

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

we had this a few times.. Weird

over a year ago

The NSA knows everything

over a year ago

Do you have Facebook messenger on your phone? Unbeknownst to me this was syncing with my phone contacts and I had to manually stop it and remove them. I'm usually really hot on privacy settings but that one snuck up on me.

over a year ago

"Facebook owns whatsapp, if you have chatted over whatsapp it will suggest them...... Facebook knows all! "

Facebook is big brother....it is why people are leaving it in droves....it is insidious and evil.....mwah haha

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I've had a message on fab from my cousin!!!! She recognised my bedroom in my pics

over a year ago

Yes I've had it and it's been a few people that I've chatted to on whatsapp.

I've altered my privacy settings and its either worked or new people that I've spoken too aren't on facebook

over a year ago

Oh we need your mobile number for security reasons.......fuck you FB!

By *iSTARess OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

"Facebook owns whatsapp, if you have chatted over whatsapp it will suggest them...... Facebook knows all! "

Aah yes!! Even though I've not told Fb my number, they know it anyway. George Orwell is in his grave doing this -

over a year ago

"Do you have Facebook messenger on your phone? Unbeknownst to me this was syncing with my phone contacts and I had to manually stop it and remove them. I'm usually really hot on privacy settings but that one snuck up on me."

Oh yes,I forgot about FB messenger. The annoying thing is if you want to message on FB via your phone app you have to download the messenger app.

over a year ago

"Do you have Facebook messenger on your phone? Unbeknownst to me this was syncing with my phone contacts and I had to manually stop it and remove them. I'm usually really hot on privacy settings but that one snuck up on me.

Oh yes,I forgot about FB messenger. The annoying thing is if you want to message on FB via your phone app you have to download the messenger app. "

I'm 100% sure it was FB messenger for me. Since I un-synced contacts from that I haven't had any other ones suggested on FB, even if I chat to them on whatsapp.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I'm so glad I don't have Facebook

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"I'm so glad I don't have Facebook

"

Me too.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Oddly enough, a lady I work with turned up on my wife's Facebook recommendations and she wanted to know why?!?! I hadn't a clue.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I don't Facebook either. In fact, I'm off the grid cos I don't want to be got by a terminator.

over a year ago

"

To be fair it's not really been a problem as I'm quite discerning about who gets my phone number.

over a year ago

I've had some interesting group suggestions come up on FB. Truckers dogging UK being one

over a year ago

"

Good job you can get Candy Crush on your phone

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Good job you can get Candy Crush on your phone "

I've managed to avoid the candy crush phenomenon despite everyone I know playing it

I'd never get anything done

over a year ago

Good job you can get Candy Crush on your phone

I've managed to avoid the candy crush phenomenon despite everyone I know playing it

I'd never get anything done "

It's a money spinner,I have friends who pay to skip levels. Stupid women

over a year ago

"My private Farcebook profile just suggested I friend someone who I've met a few times from here. Which was a surprise.

Anyone else get this?

"

If you've used the Facebook messenger app it will suggest everyone who's phone number you have on your phone as a possible friend as it knows you speak to each other

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I thought this was about a fuck buddy making a suggestion. I don't do Facebook.

over a year ago

It's a stalker's dream

As is Google reverse image..apparently

over a year ago

"Do you have Facebook messenger on your phone? Unbeknownst to me this was syncing with my phone contacts and I had to manually stop it and remove them. I'm usually really hot on privacy settings but that one snuck up on me.

Oh yes,I forgot about FB messenger. The annoying thing is if you want to message on FB via your phone app you have to download the messenger app.

I'm 100% sure it was FB messenger for me. Since I un-synced contacts from that I haven't had any other ones suggested on FB, even if I chat to them on whatsapp."

It is the fb messenger as it syncs.

WhatsApp does not link in with your Facebook and add people as suggestions only the messenger app

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"It's a stalker's dream

As is Google reverse image..apparently "

I think people have to be careful that they don't use images here that they have elsewhere on the interweb.

I had obscured my face in a picture (sqiggles or colour or something) and someone was able to undo that.

By *abloversCouple
over a year ago

London

Never had Facebook. .. never want Facebook. .. find the whole thing very sad from what I hear when freinds tell me

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman
over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

I once checked out the BMFC website then suddenly found that FB was saying I 'liked' it - no I just visited the website while also logged into FB in another tab!! Luckily I was logged on as my cat at the time so I had plausible deniability. Sort of

over a year ago

"I've had a message on fab from my cousin!!!! She recognised my bedroom in my pics "

Ouch! Awkward conversation?

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman
over a year ago

Ps my cats not really into black men so no messages or offers please. Nor white men. Actually he has a girlfriend cat and a boyfriend cat so he is bisexual. Fuck this threads going downhill sorry.

over a year ago

"Never had Facebook. .. never want Facebook. .. find the whole thing very sad from what I hear when freinds tell me "

I don't think it's sad, it's a way for me to keep up with more distant friends and family who, with the best will in the world, I'm not going to see regularly because they're scattered round the country (and sometimes the world). It works for me.

over a year ago

"Ps my cats not really into black men so no messages or offers please. Nor white men. Actually he has a girlfriend cat and a boyfriend cat so he is bisexual. Fuck this threads going downhill sorry. "

Is your cat into black cats? I have a boy and girl black cats so all bases covered Could hook them up.

By *otgymfitanymoreCouple
over a year ago

pontefract

"I once checked out the BMFC website then suddenly found that FB was saying I 'liked' it - no I just visited the website while also logged into FB in another tab!! Luckily I was logged on as my cat at the time so I had plausible deniability. Sort of "

Your cat has a FB page???

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman
over a year ago

"I once checked out the BMFC website then suddenly found that FB was saying I 'liked' it - no I just visited the website while also logged into FB in another tab!! Luckily I was logged on as my cat at the time so I had plausible deniability. Sort of

Your cat has a FB page???"

Yes and his is own email account

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"Ps my cats not really into black men so no messages or offers please. Nor white men. Actually he has a girlfriend cat and a boyfriend cat so he is bisexual. Fuck this threads going downhill sorry.

Is your cat into black cats? I have a boy and girl black cats so all bases covered Could hook them up."

Are you pimping your cats to have a threesome

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman
over a year ago

"Ps my cats not really into black men so no messages or offers please. Nor white men. Actually he has a girlfriend cat and a boyfriend cat so he is bisexual. Fuck this threads going downhill sorry.

Is your cat into black cats? I have a boy and girl black cats so all bases covered Could hook them up."

His girlfriend is black and his boyfriend is grey. I don't think they have 3sums but who really knows what goes on behind closed doors

over a year ago

Is your cat into black cats? I have a boy and girl black cats so all bases covered Could hook them up.

Are you pimping your cats to have a threesome "

Well the girl has killed about 5 mice in 24 hours so I feel like she has some pent up energy to get rid of.

They can't have a threesome involving each other though, they are brother and sister.

That would just be wrong

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I wouldn't give them my number and its an extra incentive to use a shag phone. Having access to people's family, friends and job contacts, plus home location is not secure or safe for many people.

Best not to use Facebook, their associated businesses and others who not only track you but compile huge intelligence upon you.

Use search engines, email and other tools that are tracking free.

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman
over a year ago

"

They can't have a threesome involving each other though, they are brother and sister.

That would just be wrong "

My previous cats were brother and sister and twice woke me up in the middle of the night shagging in the missionary position. They were only 5 months old but I got them done the next week! I didn't know cats did missionary unless they'd been watching someone and thought they'd try it out

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

"

Me too ..its for kids ... and im a grown up .... lol ..

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman
over a year ago

But back to the OP, I refuse to load messenger and only use a Playphone number unconnected to anything so this doesn't happen. It's a recipe for trouble otherwise!

over a year ago

"

That would just be wrong

My previous cats were brother and sister and twice woke me up in the middle of the night shagging in the missionary position. They were only 5 months old but I got them done the next week! I didn't know cats did missionary unless they'd been watching someone and thought they'd try it out "

I have never heard of cats doing missionary either

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

His girlfriend is black and his boyfriend is grey. I don't think they have 3sums but who really knows what goes on behind closed doors "

If I see him at Kestrels I'll let you know.

over a year ago

"Never had Facebook. .. never want Facebook. .. find the whole thing very sad from what I hear when freinds tell me "

I find it good for keeping in touch with family abroad,party invites,pic sharing and online Scrabble

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Well the girl has killed about 5 mice in 24 hours so I feel like she has some pent up energy to get rid of.

That would just be wrong "

My old cat was the offspring of a brother and sister. She was a very stupid and screwed up cat.

over a year ago

That would just be wrong

My old cat was the offspring of a brother and sister. She was a very stupid and screwed up cat."

That explains the behaviour of our Jack Russel

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"I've had a message on fab from my cousin!!!! She recognised my bedroom in my pics

Ouch! Awkward conversation? "

Not at all!! She offered to take me to Chams!!

over a year ago

"It's a stalker's dream

I think people have to be careful that they don't use images here that they have elsewhere on the interweb.

I had obscured my face in a picture (sqiggles or colour or something) and someone was able to undo that.

"

The photos I have uploaded on here aren't used anywhere else for that very reason.

By *abloversCouple
over a year ago

London

"Never had Facebook. .. never want Facebook. .. find the whole thing very sad from what I hear when freinds tell me

I don't think it's sad, it's a way for me to keep up with more distant friends and family who, with the best will in the world, I'm not going to see regularly because they're scattered round the country (and sometimes the world). It works for me. "

I guess it has its uses.. but from what I've seen it's pictures if people trying to outdo each other or a photo of their dinner lol

over a year ago

My contacts are not synced on messenger

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

"It's a stalker's dream

The photos I have uploaded on here aren't used anywhere else for that very reason."

Facial Recognition Software will and has Already become the New Way of Spying and linking your Photos that are posted Anywhere on the net..

Be Careful Folks..

By *iSTARess OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

"

I guess it has its uses.. but from what I've seen it's pictures if people trying to outdo each other or a photo of their dinner lol"

Just like Fabs then (or rather showing off their lunch)

By *iSTARess OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

Hmmm my Messenger has never been synced with my contacts. They keep asking to confirm my number but I refuse to give it to them. Hey ho, just part of the machines taking over.

As for Farcebook, I'm a performer and DJ so it's a necessary evil for promo and oddly enough, gigs.

over a year ago

"Hmmm my Messenger has never been synced with my contacts. They keep asking to confirm my number but I refuse to give it to them. Hey ho, just part of the machines taking over.

As for Farcebook, I'm a performer and DJ so it's a necessary evil for promo and oddly enough, gigs."

You don't need to give them your number it does it automatically for your contacts until you disable it in Facebook. When you downloaded the app it popped up listing the permissions the app was requesting your address book was one of them.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I think cats do it doggy style .. And I don't have any other social media accounts .. And don't want any either

over a year ago

"

But FB have you

over a year ago

"Never had Facebook. .. never want Facebook. .. find the whole thing very sad from what I hear when freinds tell me

I don't think it's sad, it's a way for me to keep up with more distant friends and family who, with the best will in the world, I'm not going to see regularly because they're scattered round the country (and sometimes the world). It works for me.

I guess it has its uses.. but from what I've seen it's pictures if people trying to outdo each other or a photo of their dinner lol"

Oh I use Instagram for my dinner photos instead

over a year ago

"It's a stalker's dream

The photos I have uploaded on here aren't used anywhere else for that very reason.

Facial Recognition Software will and has Already become the New Way of Spying and linking your Photos that are posted Anywhere on the net..

Be Careful Folks.. "

Good point...

over a year ago

The best image recognition system around managed to confuse 2 black people with gorillas the other week.

You've got a long time before you have to worry about facial recognition for anything other than shots designed for it.

By *eMontresMan
over a year ago

Halesowen

Most phone apps require you to consent to them accessing your contacts and location.

Most FB games require the same.

Therein lies the link.

I never install phone apps that require me to give them access to contacts.

I never play FB games

over a year ago

Ok how do I turn it of in settings then as I don't want people on here seeing my life and vice versa

over a year ago

"I've had a message on fab from my cousin!!!! She recognised my bedroom in my pics "

Oh cousins now that's a new one to fantasise about

over a year ago

"Ok how do I turn it of in settings then as I don't want people on here seeing my life and vice versa "

Google it for the exact steps otherwise have a nose around in the privacy settings on face book it's buried in there somewhere

By *iSTARess OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

"Hmmm my Messenger has never been synced with my contacts. They keep asking to confirm my number but I refuse to give it to them. Hey ho, just part of the machines taking over.

As for Farcebook, I'm a performer and DJ so it's a necessary evil for promo and oddly enough, gigs.

You don't need to give them your number it does it automatically for your contacts until you disable it in Facebook. When you downloaded the app it popped up listing the permissions the app was requesting your address book was one of them."

Cheers for the info

The buggers

Post new Message to Thread