Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

cataracts

Jump to newest

By *uby0000 OP   Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

I may now have to have a cataract removed anyone had the op or know someone who has had it

bloody diabetes its taking me bit by bit

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hello Ruby,

I had one eye done and it is a big improvement Don't worry about the operation, it's quite painless. You need to wear a patch for a week or so I seem to remember but it is quite a routine operation.

Alec

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

My Banham one eye done the other week and the change in her was amazing. She had become very depressed and her usual tidiness etc had slipped to a level that she would have been horrified at.

The evening after her surgery she could see how dirty her flat was and vowed to to make bug changes to her life as she had let herself become so low.

She made her husband paint the ceiling of her kitchen while she scrubbed all the cupboards....she became bossy nanny again and it was great.

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Yep my Mum had both done , she was very happy with the result .

I was told I have them growing so they keeping an eye on it .

Dont think its too uncomfortable and you will be happy to see more clearly

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've had both of mine done.

first one 5 years ago and the second last October.

20 mins of discomfort, then a day where eye feels gritty (but not in a 'must rub it' way)then a quick recovery.

I was driving within 4 days

message me if you want to know anything

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I know a few peeps who have and it's a bit of a pain short term with inconvenience and so on, but definitely well worth it.

By *rsIdiotWoman
over a year ago

Bedworth

The op only takes about 15 minutes these days. Before they take you to theatre, if you have a glasses prescription they will normally ask you to choose either distance or reading to be better. Most people opt to have clear distance vision and then just use reading glasses.

At the opticians where I work we have seen patients who have had very high distance prescription prior to having the cataracts removed. Once they have been done they have almost perfect distance vision to the extent that glasses are not needed and it totally changes their quality of life.

By *uby0000 OP   Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

thanks guys really helpful advice

By *uby0000 OP   Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

"I've had both of mine done.

first one 5 years ago and the second last October.

20 mins of discomfort, then a day where eye feels gritty (but not in a 'must rub it' way)then a quick recovery.

I was driving within 4 days

message me if you want to know anything

"

thank you so much

Post new Message to Thread