Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

free is now literally free

Jump to newest

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Central

From today freephone calls to 0800 numbers will be free for calla from your mobile.

As some side advice, calls to 0845/0870 etc will have 2 separate fees per call, one a per minute fee, the other for connection. Funnily enough, many of these calls will now cos more in total, from landlines, as companies have hiked charges.

In 2 years time you'll not be charged a roaming fee in Europe, so you can keep costs controlled, due to EU regulations - if we stay in Europe, of course.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Has been free on virginmobile for a while now, so have 0845 numbers. but yay about time more things were free!

The digital age is pretty cool.

over a year ago

"From today freephone calls to 0800 numbers will be free for calla from your mobile.

As some side advice, calls to 0845/0870 etc will have 2 separate fees per call, one a per minute fee, the other for connection. Funnily enough, many of these calls will now cos more in total, from landlines, as companies have hiked charges.

In 2 years time you'll not be charged a roaming fee in Europe, so you can keep costs controlled, due to EU regulations - if we stay in Europe, of course."

I thought the roaming fee change had been scrapped. I might well be wrong.

over a year ago

Well I've learnt something new today!

I called an 0800 number earlier and wondered why I didn't get the usual 'you will still be charged' message beforehand

over a year ago

"From today freephone calls to 0800 numbers will be free for calla from your mobile.

In 2 years time you'll not be charged a roaming fee in Europe, so you can keep costs controlled, due to EU regulations - if we stay in Europe, of course.

I thought the roaming fee change had been scrapped. I might well be wrong."

Apparently it's back on. Although, it's only going to be in EU countries.

over a year ago

I thought the roaming fee change had been scrapped. I might well be wrong.

Apparently it's back on. Although, it's only going to be in EU countries."

Not Greece then.

Post new Message to Thread