Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Acceptable swear words for your kids

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Are there any? we hate it when kids use foul and crude language these days,Yesterday our 13 yr old son's chain slipped on his bike and he came in and Said Mum "ive just hurt me Bollocks",i was a little shocked at first but then had a little giggle to myself.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

it,s terrible to hear children swear but these days its kids having kids and every other word from them is fuck and cunt so they only know what there parents come out with

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Dunno about what's acceptable nowadays but when I were a lad if me or any of my brothers swore within earshot of mum or dad, we were made to bite a bar of soap after being told to wash our mouths out.

over a year ago

"it,s terrible to hear children swear but these days its kids having kids and every other word from them is fuck and cunt so they only know what there parents come out with "

over a year ago

Would you have allowed Bollocks at 13?

over a year ago

"Would you have allowed Bollocks at 13? "

In the context it was used this time , yes other than that no.

over a year ago

I think for him to have said "I've hurt my testicles/ gonads/ privates" would have been more shocking

I don't condone swearing, and am very conscious of what I say around kids, even though they may be driving me around the bend

over a year ago

Hate hearing kids swear think it's vile. My spawn knows well enough that it's rude and won't be tolerated

over a year ago

My youngest asked me if she was allowed to say bugger the other day... I said I think that was allowed.

My kids aren't allowed to Swear in front of me... I'm not stupid enough to think they don't ever.... But if I catch them they are in bother. Even the over 18.ones .....

If I swore in front of my dad still I'd get my full Name and a clip around the ear x

My kids friends swear a lot... Thankfully mine don't at least not around me x

By *ingle Beds LassWoman
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

"it,s terrible to hear children swear but these days its kids having kids and every other word from them is fuck and cunt so they only know what there parents come out with "

Ouch!!! Gym slip mum here. Another cross I have to bear for being a young slut I suppose

over a year ago

My daughter had a phase of saying damn it, she's 5 and I know exactly where that came from, her paternal grandfather so I had to have a word! Other than that she's like me where instead of words we growl!

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

Not a lover of swearing when there are better ways to say things but none of us are perfect...had to laugh at this though... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tqd80aAnlA

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

We do not tolerate swearing by our children in front of us, it is a sign of disrepect.

In a similar manner we even at our ages would not swear in front of our parents (when they were alive).

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I've no kids of my own, but when I used to be a canvass manager, some of the language I heard when knocking on council estates made me cringe. Sometimes there were groups of 8-12 yr olds hanging around outside shops who swore at you when you didn't go into the shop to buy them some fags

over a year ago

We have 2 kids 17 and 14, I have a simple rule swear in front of me and You are in serious trouble, I'm not so naive to think my kids aren't swearing when I'm not around, lets be honest who wasn't swearing at 14 when out with your mates?

over a year ago

"We have 2 kids 17 and 14, I have a simple rule swear in front of me and You are in serious trouble, I'm not so naive to think my kids aren't swearing when I'm not around, lets be honest who wasn't swearing at 14 when out with your mates?"

Me .... I was to scared my parents would catch me lol x but I like you know that my kids most likely do when I am not around but if I catch them.... Big trouble x

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"Are there any? we hate it when kids use foul and crude language these days,Yesterday our 13 yr old son's chain slipped on his bike and he came in and Said Mum "ive just hurt me Bollocks",i was a little shocked at first but then had a little giggle to myself."

My 2 are nearly 14 & 9. The younger repeats what the older one says so I normally get "mum, he called me a...." I caught him on YouTube last week listening to something & singing along but the F word was repeated. He claims he said flipping but it definitely wasn't!! I made him turn it off.

I know sometimes words slip out but if it's said on purpose then I have an issue.

I have a mouth size bar of soap on kitchen windowsill & think I might have to start using it.

over a year ago

I still don't swear in from of my parents

By *aeDragonCouple
over a year ago

Calne

Teaching them the difference between knowing the word and using it makes a positive impact.

I hope I'm getting it right with my 2 as they grow up.

Dragon's parents taught him that when he was little..and while occasionally sweary its normally in context!

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

My kids say 'damn' and 'bloody hell' and that's about it.

over a year ago

I still avoid swearing in front of my parents!

By *itSamCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

Going back a while now I was at a friends house and the phone rang. She was busy and glared at the phone and just said "Fuck Off". Her 7 year old picked the phone up and said "Mommy said fuck off to you" and put the phone down. Then started to quiz his mom on how the other person is supposed to hear when she does not pick up the phone. She was mortified and just did not want to answer the phone again.

over a year ago

To me it a all about the context in which the swear word is used. If it's just casual swearing for no reason then I will pull them up but if, say, one of them hurts themselves whilst doing something and they say "fucking hell" I don't have an issue. It's just language.

None of them are allowed to swear in front of my mother though, even I don't do that....

over a year ago

I swear all the time in normal adult situations, yet never swear in front of my daughter or she me, I just think its wrong.

My daughter when she was two and I was mucking about and slightly annoying her she turned round and said "You cowboy hat!!"

I was taken aback by this "I'm a what!!"

Whispered "Cowboy hat," as if she said something naughty, I don't know where it came from or what it meant, but it stuck, and we call each other that to this day, and everyone thinks we're completely mad.

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

My missus got me a great mug - it's got rainbows and a unicorn with the words to match.

My 6 yr old daughter looked at it the other day during dinner and read out:-

"I want... a... fucking unicorn..."

To which we said, "That's an adult word, not for children. Do not repeat it anyone, and especially not at school."

"What?" she said, "Like twat?"

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Which also reminds me...

Was in the bath the other day and my daughter whispered to me: "I know the real name of boy's bits".

To which I said, " Go on."

She looked slightly embarrassed and said "Penis."

"That's correct," says I, "who told you that?"

My daughter says she was at her grandparents' house and her cousin was "saying the word over and over and over until granddad got really angry and said "That's not a word that a lady should hear!"

lol

By *hechairman18Man
over a year ago

Salford Quays , Manchester

I only swear when it slips out.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I dislike it and don't see it as a good start in their lives, if they're permitted to swear. I don't swear in front of kids either, as that would be hypocritical.

By *r Man.Man
over a year ago

London

"We have 2 kids 17 and 14, I have a simple rule swear in front of me and You are in serious trouble, I'm not so naive to think my kids aren't swearing when I'm not around, lets be honest who wasn't swearing at 14 when out with your mates?"

over a year ago

None!

Post new Message to Thread