Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

scuba diving in malta

Jump to newest

By *ichaelsmy OP   Man
over a year ago

douglas

Anyone been scuba diving in goto and or malta.

where to go and what to do

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ichaelsmy OP   Man
over a year ago

douglas

Gozo

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

I would suggest speaking to locals once there, they all speak English. They will be able to warn you of any rip currents etc.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Depends what you're after ,Gozo has more fish life and generally scenic diving .

Malta has more wrecks +you get the fish life ,some wrecks are accessible from the shore but the more deeper ones need a boat ,most are only a short journey out ,

Check out Maltaqua web site

over a year ago

I learnt with Aquaventures at Melieha Bay.

Great outfit and school

I did my BSAC 1+2 in the UK; and transferred straight to PADI AOW with them.

Several boat dives in and around Comino; Blue Grotto ( see the pics of the Great White they caught there !); night dives; diving at Popeyes Bay; and Fungus Rock and St Andrews in Gozo

over a year ago

Go to commino, it's the little island between Malta and gozo, it's the blue lagoon is beaut, a boat will taxi you over x

over a year ago

I've lived on both, Gozo and Malta. Still have a flat on Gozo - it gets rented to diving companies all summer while I travel. It's at Marsalforn, that small bay has a bunch of diving companies alone.

Lots of diving companies on both, shipwrecks on both, deep water also. Don't expect lots of fish, at least compared to other diving places.

They've been very busy for a few years now as divers don't go to Egypt or some other locations and go to Malta instead.

Can be pretty cheap place for flights, also flats can be cheap especially in off season. In October the air and water can be 24C.

Cannot comment too much about the diving. I used to dive a lot when younger - had a commercial lobster diving license off Boston back in 1965 (God! Ancient when I was fifteen but sold my stuff years

ago to pay rent somewhere. Time flies.

If you want a price on a flat to stay send me a message - no guarantee but might be helpful.

Good luck.

By *ichaelsmy OP   Man
over a year ago

douglas

Holiday all booked and sorted just have to think of the dive sites i want to do

Post new Message to Thread