Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ever wish you hadn't started something?

Jump to newest

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Decided to have a new kitchen put in...got my designer and project manager - she's arranged everything bar the Spark as my fella said he'd do that for me...tonight he's looked at the electrics and has discovered my kitchen is all supplied off one cable and I appear to have a couple of magic sockets as neither of us can see where they're supplied from...he reckons I'll need my ceiling in the 2nd bit of the kitchen dropped out to sort the wiring and he can't do it in time so I'm going to have to get the PM to arrange an electrician - before I fuck off to Swingfields on Thursday...reckon that's gonna be another extra several hundred squid on the bill...good job one of my fave sayings is "shit happens" and that I can manage to find the extra money down the back of the sofa...

On the plus side, it means the next couple of nights I can take my fella off to bed and make him sweaty rather than holding the step ladder while he ratches round in my ceiling space (plus the Japanese sniper we discovered living up there has been released and we've explained that the war is over and he can go back to the land of the Rising Sun )

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

yeah too many times

as one job always leads to another one that needs doing before the one that you started to do in the first place

as goes for your plugs watch out for the wire going upwards and back down to each plug socket or diagonal to each socket before going to another room

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Lol I broke my shower with my fat arse and I stood on a weak spot and the tiles caved in lol, the landlord has been brilliant though I blamed his ex for the shit tiles lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Big pack of big chocolate buttons. Don't know why I bought them,I don't really like them

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

"yeah too many times

as one job always leads to another one that needs doing before the one that you started to do in the first place

as goes for your plugs watch out for the wire going upwards and back down to each plug socket or diagonal to each socket before going to another room "

I had my bathroom done a coupla years ago and it went £2k over budget as I had to have the floor raised to make it level and that meant I then had to have the ceiling took out as my posh shower unit then wouldn't fit, plus the electrics up there cost £500 more than expected cos they hadn't been looked at since Mr Faraday put them in in 1898

over a year ago

Yeah, the odd thread or two.

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

Yeah, the odd thread or two. "

At least that costs nowt (apart from occasionally one's credibility)

over a year ago

"

Yeah, the odd thread or two.

At least that costs nowt (apart from occasionally one's credibility) "

Postcards are dear these days, certainly the postage is.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I don't know how you are managing to live there with it all going on. It would drive me nuts. Which is why I don't start these things anymore.

When they pull my dead body out of here they'll be talking about the dated fittings and decor.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Decided to have a new kitchen put in...got my designer and project manager - she's arranged everything bar the Spark as my fella said he'd do that for me...tonight he's looked at the electrics and has discovered my kitchen is all supplied off one cable and I appear to have a couple of magic sockets as neither of us can see where they're supplied from...he reckons I'll need my ceiling in the 2nd bit of the kitchen dropped out to sort the wiring and he can't do it in time so I'm going to have to get the PM to arrange an electrician - before I fuck off to Swingfields on Thursday...reckon that's gonna be another extra several hundred squid on the bill...good job one of my fave sayings is "shit happens" and that I can manage to find the extra money down the back of the sofa...

On the plus side, it means the next couple of nights I can take my fella off to bed and make him sweaty rather than holding the step ladder while he ratches round in my ceiling space (plus the Japanese sniper we discovered living up there has been released and we've explained that the war is over and he can go back to the land of the Rising Sun )"

You're getting David Cameron to sort a sparky?

Good luck with that. Thought I'd read somewhere recently that they weren't putting electricity up north!

A

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Every time I meet someone who is a possible relationship

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I don't know how you are managing to live there with it all going on. It would drive me nuts. Which is why I don't start these things anymore.

When they pull my dead body out of here they'll be talking about the dated fittings and decor.

"

By using a Project Manager, it was all supposed to be done within a week...I'm thinking it might drag out a bit now though

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Decided to have a new kitchen put in...got my designer and project manager - she's arranged everything bar the Spark as my fella said he'd do that for me...tonight he's looked at the electrics and has discovered my kitchen is all supplied off one cable and I appear to have a couple of magic sockets as neither of us can see where they're supplied from...he reckons I'll need my ceiling in the 2nd bit of the kitchen dropped out to sort the wiring and he can't do it in time so I'm going to have to get the PM to arrange an electrician - before I fuck off to Swingfields on Thursday...reckon that's gonna be another extra several hundred squid on the bill...good job one of my fave sayings is "shit happens" and that I can manage to find the extra money down the back of the sofa...

On the plus side, it means the next couple of nights I can take my fella off to bed and make him sweaty rather than holding the step ladder while he ratches round in my ceiling space (plus the Japanese sniper we discovered living up there has been released and we've explained that the war is over and he can go back to the land of the Rising Sun )

You're getting David Cameron to sort a sparky?

Good luck with that. Thought I'd read somewhere recently that they weren't putting electricity up north!

A"

I bloody well voted for him, he can sort my fecking electrics out

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I don't know how you are managing to live there with it all going on. It would drive me nuts. Which is why I don't start these things anymore.

By using a Project Manager, it was all supposed to be done within a week...I'm thinking it might drag out a bit now though "

There is a reason the curse is 'may you have builders'... I always have a project manager too but if the thingy that goes with the whajamacallit doesn't arrive you're still stuffed.

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Every time I meet someone who is a possible relationship "

Sausage fest next weekend chick (hopefully)

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

By using a Project Manager, it was all supposed to be done within a week...I'm thinking it might drag out a bit now though

There is a reason the curse is 'may you have builders'... I always have a project manager too but if the thingy that goes with the whajamacallit doesn't arrive you're still stuffed.

"

That curse, plus "may you live in interesting times"...currently, my fridge freezer is in the middle of the kitchen and I need to clean where it used to be...me and mopping do not usually get on

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Every time I meet someone who is a possible relationship

Sausage fest next weekend chick (hopefully) "

Better be!!!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Better be!!!"

I don't the camping thingy so can you pick one up for me please. I haven't had a sausage in ages.

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

Better be!!!

I don't the camping thingy so can you pick one up for me please. I haven't had a sausage in ages.

"

No probs, but may be a bit manky by the time we've posted them down to the Big Smoke

over a year ago

Sausage fest next weekend chick (hopefully) "

Go on then, i;ll ask the obvious.

Do you love a proverbial cumberland?

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

Do you love a proverbial cumberland? "

Can't beat a Cumberland Ring

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Can't beat a Cumberland Ring "

That sounds criminal. Or is it because they're all related to each other?

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

Can't beat a Cumberland Ring

That sounds criminal. Or is it because they're all related to each other?

"

High Seven Lickety

over a year ago

When I took redundancy last year, I used some of the money to have my kitchen fitted that I had purchased a few years before. I opted to remove the old one to make costs cheaper for me, all I can say is never let B&Q do the measurements and always check the boxes received against the invoice as I had several panels I didn't need, shelving I didn't need, a whole box of stuff I didn't ask for and wasn't on the invoice and some nice work tops that wouldn't ever fit the area they were needed to cover and had to buy all new Lets just say that I spent a lot of time going to the tip

My son decided he would help me level a patch land in the front garden that meant the removal of a the remains of a tree, the removal of a fuschia bush and the use of a cultivator, aside from the gravel company claiming they couldn't supply 2 tons on the day I wanted cos the quarries are struggling, something the girl I spoke to never mentioned, a month later its still a mound of earth and today its chucking it down with rain so can do nothing

over a year ago

A project manager to put in a new kitchen?

You must have a very big kitchen

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

My worst is every conversation I've ever had with someone I used to work with. Lovely person, but crikey, everything in their life was someone else's fault. Never theirs.

over a year ago

"My worst is every conversation I've ever had with someone I used to work with. Lovely person, but crikey, everything in their life was someone else's fault. Never theirs. "

Stop talking to my mum then as that sounds just like her

over a year ago

Op, is your other half a qualified and certified electrician?

Rules changed many years ago about what you can and can't do in your own home and are quite tight where kitchens and bathrooms are concerned.

Not questioning you OH's abilities at all, although I gather that you're looking to have someone do it for you now.

over a year ago

I'm wishing I hadn't put this squashed avocado over my face.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"Ever wish you hadn't started something?"

If I had a pound for every time I'd told Mrs ddc "I just have to... it means you'll be without water/gas/electric/a toilet/a roof/ a floor, but it'll only be for a couple of hours"

Those three days without a toilet were probably the hardest.

Mr ddc

over a year ago

"My worst is every conversation I've ever had with someone I used to work with. Lovely person, but crikey, everything in their life was someone else's fault. Never theirs. "

Sounds like my ex.

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

Got a Spark sorted for the kitchen...£750 which is less than I was expecting and I've managed to get a local guy as I like to support local businesses...he's also not bad eye candy so that's a bonus

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Got a Spark sorted for the kitchen...£750 which is less than I was expecting and I've managed to get a local guy as I like to support local businesses...he's also not bad eye candy so that's a bonus "

Him, you and your Trees of Green guy together then?

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Got a Spark sorted for the kitchen...£750 which is less than I was expecting and I've managed to get a local guy as I like to support local businesses...he's also not bad eye candy so that's a bonus

"

Noooooooooo!!!!!

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Got a Spark sorted for the kitchen...£750 which is less than I was expecting and I've managed to get a local guy as I like to support local businesses...he's also not bad eye candy so that's a bonus

Noooooooooo!!!!!"

Now that would be something awesome...Admin, any chance of a bluebirds smilie?

Post new Message to Thread