Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The icing on the Gay cake - just don't ask for UKIP

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

The worst kind of discrimination by Peter Tatchell and Gay Pride? Hypocrisy knows no bounds.

The Gay Pride march features some 200 groups (it is claimed.)

Yet they utterly refuse to allow the LGBT "UKIP'ers" to join the march under their own grouping.

Tatchell couldn't have been clearer that he discriminates purely and simply on political grounds.

Twat of the first order.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The UKIP section would also run the risk of being attacked by the intolerant wing of the LGBT activists brigade within the crowd I would think.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Need more information, as insufficiently clear and detailed.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Peter Tatchell is a non entity these days who the world seems to have forgotten about. Maybe he's kicking up a fuss to try and get his ugly mug on the telly again?

over a year ago

He's a brilliantly clever publicity grabber.

By *isandreTV/TS
over a year ago

Hartlepool

Discriminating on political grounds is the 'worst' kind of discrimination is it?

I should say it is the only reasonable form of discrimination on occasion.

By *inCity BluesMan
over a year ago

London

"He's a brilliantly clever publicity grabber.

"

When he wants it. There's a lot of stuff in his background - support for paedophile activists, PIE etc - that he's very shy of.

over a year ago

Actually UKIP were due to be at Pride, it was all agreed abd then the outcry forced tge decision to be reversed.

By *uckandbunnyCouple
over a year ago

In your bed

"Discriminating on political grounds is the 'worst' kind of discrimination is it?

"

Certainly Hitler was a fan of political discrimination .

To be civil to someone of different political views is the basis of democracy.

By *isandreTV/TS
over a year ago

Hartlepool

Perhaps I misunderstand you, but you seem to be disagreeing with me and citing Hitler into the bargain.

Hitler and his supporters discriminated against people on grounds of ethnicity, religion, sexuality and disability.

I would say this is therefore an occasion when it is reasonable to discriminate against Hitler and his right wing fascist supporters on account of their political views, wouldn't you?

Or do you think this a worse form of discrimination than all of Hitlers grounds?

I don't know why Tatchell is against UKIP, but they do have a lot of bigots and former BNP supporters in their ranks and it may be linked to this.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Perhaps I misunderstand you, but you seem to be disagreeing with me and citing Hitler into the bargain.

Hitler and his supporters discriminated against people on grounds of ethnicity, religion, sexuality and disability.

I would say this is therefore an occasion when it is reasonable to discriminate against Hitler and his right wing fascist supporters on account of their political views, wouldn't you?

Or do you think this a worse form of discrimination than all of Hitlers grounds?

I don't know why Tatchell is against UKIP, but they do have a lot of bigots and former BNP supporters in their ranks and it may be linked to this."

UKIP bans former BNP members from joining, seems you've been had by the mainstream media mudslinging at UKIP and fell for it hook, line and sinker.

By *isandreTV/TS
over a year ago

Hartlepool

Your comment seems to suggest that UKIP do not have bigoted members or attract a higher proportion of supporters with a far right leaning and mindset than other parties. You know very well that it does and so do I.

Anyway I was merely suggesting this as Tatchell's motive, not making any comment or opinion on UKIP myself.

Also, I did not say that it ONLY attracted bigoted people and I did say former BNP SUPPORTERS not members.

I notice that the in the 2010 General Election 563,743 people voted BNP. In 2015 only 1,667 voted BNP.

Care to speculate who the 562,000 shifted their vote to?

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"...

"

Conservative?

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"...

Conservative? "

Could be right there Josie.

By *uckandbunnyCouple
over a year ago

In your bed

Labour?

It would make an ass of me and you to assume you can't be ukip and homosexual. Same as ukip and left wing.

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"

The worst kind of discrimination by Peter Tatchell and Gay Pride?

"

No, it's clearly not the worst kind of discrimination. It's not worse than some of the awful things UKIP members have said, for a start.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

They're pretty homophobic as a party, so can understand that they may face hostility etc.

If the participants distanced themselves from the Ukip anti-gay policies, it would be a real step towards integration at a day's events that are fun, open and not based on any hateful agenda. I have ukip fairly distasteful so don't closely expose myself to their tripe.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"They're pretty homophobic as a party, so can understand that they may face hostility etc.

If the participants distanced themselves from the Ukip anti-gay policies, it would be a real step towards integration at a day's events that are fun, open and not based on any hateful agenda. I have ukip fairly distasteful so don't closely expose myself to their tripe."

UKIP has had openly gay election and council candidates before, and which party do gay people go to if they want Britain out of the EU, if not to UKIP?

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Labour?

It would make an ass of me and you to assume you can't be ukip and homosexual. Same as ukip and left wing."

Pretty sure there are bigoted people in all political parties, so the holier than thou attitude from some here really does'nt wash with me.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"They're pretty homophobic as a party, so can understand that they may face hostility etc.

If the participants distanced themselves from the Ukip anti-gay policies, it would be a real step towards integration at a day's events that are fun, open and not based on any hateful agenda. I have ukip fairly distasteful so don't closely expose myself to their tripe.

UKIP has had openly gay election and council candidates before, and which party do gay people go to if they want Britain out of the EU, if not to UKIP? "

They've had gay people up etc but comments by the party, including policies that support people making prejudiced anti gay behaviour, are not pro-gay, at a party level.

Their hiv comments were some of the most hateful i've heard in an election campaign too.

By *iSTARessWoman
over a year ago

London

I loathe UKIP, bunch of louts. However I disagree with them being banned at Pride as right wing Christians are allowed to spray their vileness on the parade.

Ideally, get rid of all narrow minded ninnys and hatred or don't discriminate.

As for Peter Tatchell, the guy works tirelessly for no rewards for human rights around the world. He has no social life, brain damaged for being beaten up for his causes and works everyday. Met him a few times, a quiet and humble guy. I might not agree with all his politics but my goodness, he puts others before himself and should be applauded, not disregarded by the Daily Mail masses.

over a year ago

When i say it's the worst kind of discrimination, it's not the politics or indeed UKIP that's the issue.

It's that a guty like Tatchell who's spent his whole life whinging about being discriminated against is so happy to discriminate himself, even against his type.

Dated now but this sums it up :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09-Zyk0EIrE

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

maybe because the offical ukip policy is that they are against Gay "marriage" people took offence to them being part of something that promotes equality....

just a thought....

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I agree about Peter Tatchell, who ought to be the sort of person awarded a knighthood. He has been a giant of a mover, on many fronts, for no personal gain.

It was a gay pride committee who took the decision and likely a right wing gutter press who blackened his name. He has spoken of his misgivings about the decision.

Have the lgnt ukip folk spoken out against their party's policy and prejudices?

over a year ago

"maybe because the offical ukip policy is that they are against Gay "marriage" people took offence to them being part of something that promotes equality....

just a thought...."

Tatchell promotes equality by banning people? Way to go.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"maybe because the offical ukip policy is that they are against Gay "marriage" people took offence to them being part of something that promotes equality....

just a thought...."

I thought ukip were raising legitimate concerns about priests right to freedom of conscience, if you want to equate that as being anti Gay then that's your interpretation of it.

over a year ago

It's a GLTB pride event, don't see why UKip have to make themselves stand out as gay UKippers, they can just go as GLTB and no need to mention they are also UKip.

over a year ago

"I agree about Peter Tatchell, who ought to be the sort of person awarded a knighthood. He has been a giant of a mover, on many fronts, for no personal gain.

It was a gay pride committee who took the decision and likely a right wing gutter press who blackened his name. He has spoken of his misgivings about the decision.

Have the lgnt ukip folk spoken out against their party's policy and prejudices?"

On Radio 2 this week, Tatchell spoke very clearly about his prejudicial views and why he was happy to have this UKIP LGBT group banned. Nothing to do with H&S.

over a year ago

"It's a GLTB pride event, don't see why UKip have to make themselves stand out as gay UKippers, they can just go as GLTB and no need to mention they are also UKip."

They don't want to stand out, they want equality and to stand alongside some 200 other groups organised to march behind their own sub-banner.

Would it be a stretch to guess that the Tories are likewise banned?

over a year ago

"It's a GLTB pride event, don't see why UKip have to make themselves stand out as gay UKippers, they can just go as GLTB and no need to mention they are also UKip.

They don't want to stand out, they want equality and to stand alongside some 200 other groups organised to march behind their own sub-banner.

"

Other right wing parties have been banned.

over a year ago

"It's a GLTB pride event, don't see why UKip have to make themselves stand out as gay UKippers, they can just go as GLTB and no need to mention they are also UKip.

Other right wing parties have been banned."

Ha ha, all preferences should be legal and mandatory, unless they're not my preferences.

Equality and non-discrimination : Do one. lol

I'm amazed the Councils aren't withdrawing permission to march en masse.

over a year ago

just a thought....

I thought ukip were raising legitimate concerns about priests right to freedom of conscience, if you want to equate that as being anti Gay then that's your interpretation of it.

"

How about Tom Booker's interpretation then? Earlier this year he stepped down from his position as Founder-Chairman of LGBT in UKIP, and resigned his membership of UKIP, due to "disillusionment of policy direction and dissatisfaction at the failure of the leadership to set a gay-friendly tone.”

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

just a thought...."

The why don't Gay Pride organisers have the guts to say UKIP are being banned on political grounds rather than say they are banned on health and safety grounds.

They are just hypocrites, this shows it is time the Gay Pride march was totally banned.

By *uckandbunnyCouple
over a year ago

In your bed

Double standards to me.

If gays were banned from joining ukip they would be dragging them to court.

But turn it around and suddenly they see it as ok.

It basically is saying homosexuals must have left wing views or they are second class homosexuals.

over a year ago

I would not want them there, they are a really homophobic party, against gay marriage etc compared gay people to paedofiles e.t.c

It like at a black rights march the KKK say they want to join they march, to join black rights.

It's a indirect slap in the face to gay people. and they can they say they are being discriminated againast

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

When is the 'straight-pride' march? Not that I would be eligible

OK, so when is 'bisexual-pride' march? At last something I can attend too

over a year ago

just a thought....

The why don't Gay Pride organisers have the guts to say UKIP are being banned on political grounds rather than say they are banned on health and safety grounds.

They are just hypocrites, this shows it is time the Gay Pride march was totally banned.

"

Why should Pride be banned?

By *uckandbunnyCouple
over a year ago

In your bed

"I would not want them there, they are a really homophobic party, against gay marriage etc compared gay people to paedofiles e.t.c

It like at a black rights march the KKK say they want to join they march, to join black rights.

It's a indirect slap in the face to gay people. and they can they say they are being discriminated againast"

So you can't be homosexual and a ukip supporter?

over a year ago

"I would not want them there, they are a really homophobic party, against gay marriage etc compared gay people to paedofiles e.t.c

It's a indirect slap in the face to gay people. and they can they say they are being discriminated againast

So you can't be homosexual and a ukip supporter?"

you could be but it's like when you see a black member in the BNP, who might i say tried to recruit me

over a year ago

Peter Tatchell has had the smackdown laid on him too many times.

Pride wasn't about exclusion. Letting them March would not have done any harm. Rise above it fabulously

over a year ago

There is something annoying about peter tatchells faced

By *anesjhCouple
over a year ago

LONDON.

"Perhaps I misunderstand you, but you seem to be disagreeing with me and citing Hitler into the bargain.

I don't know why Tatchell is against UKIP, but they do have a lot of bigots and former BNP supporters in their ranks and it may be linked to this.

UKIP bans former BNP members from joining, seems you've been had by the mainstream media mudslinging at UKIP and fell for it hook, line and sinker. "

over a year ago

"Discriminating on political grounds is the 'worst' kind of discrimination is it?

To be civil to someone of different political views is the basis of democracy."

Game Over as soon as Hitler is brought into comparison.

over a year ago

People who want to ban UKIP based on their views and then calling UKIP 'bigots' really need to look up the word 'bigot' in a dictionary.

I don't comment on matters political as it never gets anywhere, I do know a friend of mine who is gay is one of the biggest UKIP supporters I know, but then again he never was one to conform to anything expected.

over a year ago

".

UKIP bans former BNP members from joining, seems you've been had by the mainstream media mudslinging at UKIP and fell for it hook, line and sinker. "

So your saying UKIP discriminate on political grounds and are complaining they're being discriminated against on political grounds?

By *uckandbunnyCouple
over a year ago

In your bed

To be civil to someone of different political views is the basis of democracy.

Game Over as soon as Hitler is brought into comparison."

Well Godwins law takes far too long normally.

over a year ago

Got to say Thatchell has always had his own agenda - but I think he's great.

He's got the bollox to stand up for what he believes+ taking on Mugabe showed he's got the heart of a lion.

As for the March, more attention seekers clogging up the road. Naff off, jog on - that sort of thing

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

just a thought....

Why should Pride be banned? "

Bcesause this fiasco has proved beyond all doubt Gay Pride is not about equality, it is not about rights it is just another group out to make trouble in the country.

The disruptive tactics being used are similar to those used to create civil unrest.

over a year ago

just a thought....

Bcesause this fiasco has proved beyond all doubt Gay Pride is not about equality, it is not about rights it is just another group out to make trouble in the country.

The disruptive tactics being used are similar to those used to create civil unrest."

So you're equally opposed to ukip banning former bnp members yes?

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

just a thought....

The disruptive tactics being used are similar to those used to create civil unrest.

So you're equally opposed to ukip banning former bnp members yes?"

Key difference is ukip are not organising a March with the main emphasis being on equality are they?

Has Tatchell banned the BNP from attending or is it only ukip he has a problem with?

By *isandreTV/TS
over a year ago

Hartlepool

I'm astonished how many people are equating intolerance and those taking a stance against it as intolerance.

Judging from this thread UKIP should rename themselves the logical fallacy party.

By *etitmortCouple
over a year ago

ipswich

It's a indirect slap in the face to gay people. and they can they say they are being discriminated againast"

You're talking bullshit.

There are many differing views among UKIP supporters , same as there are among Labour and Tory supporters but they are discussed, argued about and generally brought out in the open. Sometimes by the party which doesn't suppress opinions in the same way other parties do and often due to media and political bias.

many of the more unsavoury comments came from people who are no longer in the party but the media and political opponents keep dragging it up.

As for those asking why LGBT kippers had to identify themselves as such, well it's obvious. Pride in the fact that they are part of UKIP and contrary to what many people and organisations would have you believe, most kippers are fully supportive of their involvement.

over a year ago

It's gonna be fun when the future Conservative Lord Mayor of London, a Mr Sol Campbell, is barred from the Pride March by the likes of the prejudiced and discriminatory Tatchell.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"

It's gonna be fun when the future Conservative Lord Mayor of London, a Mr Sol Campbell, is barred from the Pride March by the likes of the prejudiced and discriminatory Tatchell.

"

Lord Mayor is a different post.

over a year ago

Wonder if Tatchell's real reason is that he's pissed that none of the UKIP MP's are gay. How dare they all be straight.

The Green MP? Any tendancies there?

By *on1Man
over a year ago

spain

Gay and political debates dont go ?

over a year ago

"

"

Isn't it a unique post, Lord Mayor of London?

Unless the craft Canucks maintain similar functions.

By *on1Man
over a year ago

spain

Does he or she suck cock ? Who cares . End results the same yes ? Hello. Taps some one head and guess what with ? ... yes cock stupid x

By *on1Man
over a year ago

spain

Sorry for living in the real world x

over a year ago

"Sorry for living in the real world x"

I'd bet that the Gay UKIP'ers though they lived in the real, modern world.

Obviously not the real world "according to Tacthell" and the likes.

over a year ago

just a thought....

Key difference is ukip are not organising a March with the main emphasis being on equality are they?

Has Tatchell banned the BNP from attending or is it only ukip he has a problem with? "

Ah right so you've actually got no problem whatsoever with people being discriminated against because of their political beliefs except when it's you who's being discriminated against.

interesting

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"

"

Lord Mayor is selected by the City. Mayor of London is elected by the people. Campbell is hoping to be selected by the Tories to be elected.

over a year ago

Perhaps the Irish cake makers should appeal on the basis that they were told the gay purchasers were closet UKIP'ers?

Call Tatchell as a witness as to what's acceptable prejudice and discrimination?

over a year ago

"

Lord Mayor is selected by the City. Mayor of London is elected by the people. Campbell is hoping to be selected by the Tories to be elected.

"

Yeah, i know all that. Aside from the fact that he's realistically virtually no chance whatsoever, if he did become the Tory candidate and if the electorate then voted for him, he'd preside over a body giving permission to hold a March from which he himself was barred.

Sweet.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

just a thought....

Has Tatchell banned the BNP from attending or is it only ukip he has a problem with?

Ah right so you've actually got no problem whatsoever with people being discriminated against because of their political beliefs except when it's you who's being discriminated against.

interesting"

I'm not Gay though so it's not me who is being discriminated against, it is the Gay ukippers.

over a year ago

"

Wonder if Tatchell's real reason is that he's pissed that none of the UKIP MP's are gay. How dare they all be straight.

"

UKIP MPs? Since when did they have more than one?

As for MEPs, how about David Coburn?

By *uckandbunnyCouple
over a year ago

In your bed

For me its simple they ban all parties or none.

Because this suggests being gay and labour is ok. Being gay and ukip is not.

So forcing gay ukipers to be hidden or banned.

What I'd like to know is will the police arrest them if they march anyway.

over a year ago

I had toast and boiled eggs for breakfast, what did you have

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"

As for MEPs, how about David Coburn?"

They had 2 MP's before the election, Mark Reckless and Douglas Carswel. Also more MEP's than any other party at the moment.

over a year ago

"

They had 2 MP's before the election, Mark Reckless and Douglas Carswel. Also more MEP's than any other party at the moment. "

So now it's not just the facts that you lot are having problems keeping straight.

over a year ago

just a thought....

interesting

I'm not Gay though so it's not me who is being discriminated against, it is the Gay ukippers. "

But you don't care that they're guy you care that they're ukipers.

over a year ago

"

They had 2 MP's before the election, Mark Reckless and Douglas Carswel. Also more MEP's than any other party at the moment. "

As the most popular party at the Euro elections, they would gain the most MEP's.

Maybe they should organise their own March and exclude those left wing, deicriminatory gays like left winger Tatchell.

For balance, they could have their LGBT group marching at the front, with their biggest baddest butchest guy holding a banner titled "Fuck You Tatchell?" He'd like that.

Odds on it being allowed as lawful?

over a year ago

Thy barged their way in to the parade and matched at least part of the route

over a year ago

"Thy barged their way in to the parade and matched at least part of the route"

Under their banner? Good on them.

And did the (fabricated) health and safety fears materialise, did anyone suffer apocalypse (presumably from the violent left wing section - which Tatchell condones)?

over a year ago

"

They had 2 MP's before the election, Mark Reckless and Douglas Carswel. Also more MEP's than any other party at the moment.

As the most popular party at the Euro elections, they would gain the most MEP's.

Maybe they should organise their own March and exclude those left wing, deicriminatory gays like left winger Tatchell.

For balance, they could have their LGBT group marching at the front, with their biggest baddest butchest guy holding a banner titled "Fuck You Tatchell?" He'd like that.

"

Probably not as you can't write fuck on a giant banner and parade it around in public.

So how come you haven't addressed the issue that ukip do exactly what you're complaining about and exclude people because of their political beliefs?

over a year ago

"

Probably not as you can't write fuck on a giant banner and parade it around in public.

So how come you haven't addressed the issue that ukip do exactly what you're complaining about and exclude people because of their political beliefs? "

Huh? Essentially what i am complaining about is nowt to do with political party politics. It's about Tactchell not liking discrimination, prejudice and hatred towards gays, UNLESS he's doing it to those gays he despises.

Based, i must add, on his own verbal comments made on national radio.

Post new Message to Thread