Forum Mod

over a year ago

I knew you were going to post that

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I knew you where going to post that.

lmao...using your crystal balls?"

Give them a rub, and I'll tell you whats coming.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Measuring A Very Precious Resource

When rain or snow falls from the sky, you often hear it measured in inches. Have you ever tried to quantify precipitation into a another type of measurement, like gallons?

One inch of rain falling uniformly over one acre of land is 27,154 gallons of water. (That’s about the same amount of water as most in ground backyard pools contain!!!)

So lets put this into a geographic perspective that we can all understand.

One square mile equals 640 acres. The Denver/Boulder Metropolitan Area is over 150 square miles. That equates to approximately 96,000 acres. (150 square miles X 640 acres per square mile)

So when the area picks up an inch of rain from a uniform storm system such as what is currently affecting the region, that equates to 2.6 billion gallons of water falling from the sky!!! (96,000 acres x 27,154 gallons of water per acre with an inch of rain)

Now of course there are obviously factors to consider that prevent all the rainwater from making it into our water supply. Things like the natural process of the water cycle (evaporation for instance), runoff from urbanization, and soil absorption into the water table. But clearly, precipitation is invaluable, even when we pick up just a few hundredths over a wide spread area.

bet you werent expecting that!

over a year ago

Have you ever known a phsychic win the Lotto?

I rest my case!

XXXX

over a year ago

"bet you werent expecting that!"

Your right there. Denver and Boulder don't form the same metropolitan area. Denver is linked to Aurora.

over a year ago

"bet you werent expecting that!

Your right there. Denver and Boulder don't form the same metropolitan area. Denver is linked to Aurora."

hmmm subjective

The Boulder Metropolitan Statistical Area is a United States Census Bureau defined Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) located in the Boulder region of the State of Colorado. The Boulder MSA is defined as Boulder County, Colorado. The Census Bureau estimates that the population was 280,440 in 2005, a loss of 3.72% since 2000, but a gain 3.95% since 2000 excluding the area transferred to the City and County of Broomfield. The Boulder MSA is the 161st most populous MSA in the United States.[1]

The Boulder MSA includes the City of Boulder, the portion of the Town of Erie in Boulder County, the Town of Jamestown, the City of Lafayette, the portion of the City of Longmont in Boulder County, the City of Louisville, the Town of Lyons, the Town of Nederland, the portion of the Town of Superior in Boulder County, the Town of Ward, and unincorporated Boulder County, Colorado.

The Boulder MSA, the Denver-Aurora MSA, and the Greeley MSA comprise the Denver-Aurora-Boulder Combined Statistical Area.

god you gotta love the internet!

over a year ago

"Have you ever known a phsychic win the Lotto?

I rest my case!

XXXX"

If you were a psychic and you did win the lotto and you told everyone you were a psychic... wouldn't that invalidate your claim?

I'd say nothing but then if I won the lotto I'd say nothing anyway.

over a year ago

You're using wiki to get your info?

*shakes head*

I expected better of you Femme, I thought you where the font of all knowledge.

over a year ago

"You're using wiki to get your info?

*shakes head*

I expected better of you Femme, I thought you where the font of all knowledge.

"

see thats where you are going wrong...men and thinking, it just doesnt work!

over a year ago

But if you did tell anyone,who'd believe you? lol

Look at all those players on Deal No Deal who deal on £10,000, then when their box is opened and reveals £250,000 they say "I always knew it was in there",very charitable those phsychic's,lol.

XXXX

over a year ago

"see thats where you are going wrong...men and thinking, it just doesnt work!"

I acknowledge women are superior thinkers to men. In 37 years I've yet to meet one thats ever been wrong :D

Post new Message to Thread