Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Women on the front line

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

should they be allowed being as they are so hormonal and would be armed?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Hell Yeah!!

over a year ago

dam right...

By *lirty14uMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Brings a whole new meaning to Crack Troops though.....

over a year ago

"Brings a whole new meaning to Crack Troops though....."
gimme agun ! i want one now!!!

over a year ago

Just need to time the battles to the right time of the month. Do you really see any male army standing up to that?

over a year ago

"Just need to time the battles to the right time of the month. Do you really see any male army standing up to that?"
not a cat in hells chance

over a year ago

"Just need to time the battles to the right time of the month. Do you really see any male army standing up to that?not a cat in hells chance"
dont u dare bring puddys into this!!

over a year ago

The taliban wouldn't stand a chance against an army of soldiers with PMT and M16s!! Too feckin right they should be armed hehehe

over a year ago

Would you men feel protective over women if serving beside them?

Could you deal with thier capture and knowing they would be used against you with regards torture?

Could you watch a female being killed?

over a year ago

"Would you men feel protective over women if serving beside them?

"

The pretty ones yes, but then I'm shallow hehehe

"

Could you deal with thier capture and knowing they would be used against you with regards torture?

"

I'd feckin wish it on some of em

"

"

If the Army is enlisting ex-wives with hairy top lips, then yeah lol

over a year ago

The pretty ones yes, but then I'm shallow hehehe

I'd feckin wish it on some of em

If the Army is enlisting ex-wives with hairy top lips, then yeah lol"

lmao.xxx

over a year ago

If women can do other jobs 365 days a year there's no reason why they can't fight on the front line.

Personally i couldn't deal with seeing a female soldier tortured etc in front of me, but then I'm certainly no soldier, and i imagine they are trained to deal with such psychological pressure.

I totally agree that women can do any job as well as a man and deserve total equality.

Except for jobs involving driving

over a year ago

Women on the front line? Damn right! would you leave it entirely up to a man to defend you?

* ex forces

* ex aircraft technician

* ex woman with a gun

nuff said!

over a year ago

"If women can do other jobs 365 days a year there's no reason why they can't fight on the front line.

Personally i couldn't deal with seeing a female soldier tortured etc in front of me, but then I'm certainly no soldier, and i imagine they are trained to deal with such psychological pressure.

I totally agree that women can do any job as well as a man and deserve total equality.

Except for jobs involving driving"

Oh, so you're a member of the Down With Female Tank Drivers pressure group then eh? hehehe

over a year ago

"Except for jobs involving driving

Oh, so you're a member of the Down With Female Tank Drivers pressure group then eh? hehehe"

Why do you think their are no female Italian tank drivers? Their tanks only four gears, one forward, three reverse, and we know what women are like at reversing.

*ducks*

over a year ago

Oh, so you're a member of the Down With Female Tank Drivers pressure group then eh? hehehe

Why do you think their are no female Italian tank drivers? Their tanks only four gears, one forward, three reverse, and we know what women are like at reversing.

*ducks*"

Apprently the female tank drivers manual is different from the men's.

It only has one page with one sentence on it:

"Look Mister, I got a fucking huge tank and I say I'm right, got it!"

over a year ago

*ducks*

"Look Mister, I got a fucking huge tank and I say I'm right, got it!""

your point?

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

yep send em out there ...didnt do the isralies any harm in the 6 day war..or the russians at staligrad...great snipers women ..!!!! and fecking ruthless when needed

over a year ago

"If women can do other jobs 365 days a year there's no reason why they can't fight on the front line.

Except for jobs involving driving

Oh, so you're a member of the Down With Female Tank Drivers pressure group then eh? hehehe"

Yes. Especially in city centres.

over a year ago

"should they be allowed being as they are so hormonal and would be armed?"

You have to only giggle but also cringe at the complete stupidity of some folk who wake up and feel the need to blanket post in such an inane way.

After 30 plus years in with still some to go I have worked with some of the finest folk, both male and female who have put them selves in harms way so that some real bloody twits can worry about what lip gloss to put on.

A lot depends on what you refer to as front line but female pilots, technicians, nurses, admin,.......feck I could go on but lots of these folk currently serve at some of the most remote and basic forward operating bases in some of the worst parts of the world as we currently know it.

There have been recent prog's showing Chinook crews and other helicopters rescuing soldiers from all over Afghan with female hursing staff and Doctors on board, so maybe some should ackowledge that these people are so desrving of praise as opposed to some glib menstrual humour.

OP,

Tomorrow when you awake and want to ask another set of mindless questions leave those putting their lives on the line alone and worry about your own shortcomings

over a year ago

"should they be allowed being as they are so hormonal and would be armed?

You have to only giggle but also cringe at the complete stupidity of some folk who wake up and feel the need to blanket post in such an inane way.

After 30 plus years in with still some to go I have worked with some of the finest folk, both male and female who have put them selves in harms way so that some real bloody twits can worry about what lip gloss to put on.

A lot depends on what you refer to as front line but female pilots, technicians, nurses, admin,.......feck I could go on but lots of these folk currently serve at some of the most remote and basic forward operating bases in some of the worst parts of the world as we currently know it.

There have been recent prog's showing Chinook crews and other helicopters rescuing soldiers from all over Afghan with female hursing staff and Doctors on board, so maybe some should ackowledge that these people are so desrving of praise as opposed to some glib menstrual humour.

OP,

Tomorrow when you awake and want to ask another set of mindless questions leave those putting their lives on the line alone and worry about your own shortcomings

"

oh poo!!!!

over a year ago

Why Oh Pooh?

over a year ago

"Why Oh Pooh?"
dunno just felt like it!! ;-0 xxxxxxxxx

over a year ago

"Why Oh Pooh?dunno just felt like it!! ;-0 xxxxxxxxx"
come on get a grip .x

over a year ago

"Why Oh Pooh?dunno just felt like it!! ;-0 xxxxxxxxxcome on get a grip .x"
grip of???

over a year ago

you got aggression girl front line for you ..lets get back to the thread .xx

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/06/09 00:40:20]

over a year ago

"Why Oh Pooh?"

Think she might have been trying to say lighten up!

Yes it may have been a flippant remark, but it clearly wasn't intended to be disrespectful...

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/06/09 00:41:18]

over a year ago

"Why Oh Pooh?dunno just felt like it!! ;-0 xxxxxxxxxcome on get a grip .xgrip of???"

I could think of something

over a year ago

woowwwwwww calm it down think it through .xx

over a year ago

and i soooooooooo did not remove that!

over a year ago

OP,

"

I was one of those first women to fight prejudice and stereotyping to enroll as a technician, unfortunate to see it still lives on all these years later.

More power to your pen two2 xxxx

over a year ago

OP,

I was one of those first women to fight prejudice and stereotyping to enroll as a technician, unfortunate to see it still lives on all these years later.

More power to your pen two2 xxxx"

good on you respect ere

over a year ago

"Why Oh Pooh?dunno just felt like it!! ;-0 xxxxxxxxxcome on get a grip .xgrip of???

I could think of something"

what wud that be then?

over a year ago

From a complete forces family and still serving.....thank fuck I didnt lose my sense of humour.

Ive just read the sanctimonious dross that happens when you do!

over a year ago

xx u !

over a year ago

"Why Oh Pooh?dunno just felt like it!! ;-0 xxxxxxxxxcome on get a grip .xgrip of???

I could think of somethingwhat wud that be then?"

Not telling *sticks tongue out*

over a year ago

I could think of somethingwhat wud that be then?

Not telling *sticks tongue out*"

now dont make me come over there!!!

over a year ago

"From a complete forces family and still serving.....thank fuck I didnt lose my sense of humour.

"

its respect not sanctimonious dross at all

over a year ago

I disagree........anyone who can read a post such as the op and take umbridge at its obvious piss take on women and hormones is missing the humour gene.

To spout about..ohhh look at me, ive been in a million years......yada yada my war stories.......yawn yawn..have respect......is a twat!

over a year ago

of course....having breasts does not nor should it exclude you from anything...just as balls..or lack of should not exclude people.........

vol

xx

over a year ago

"From a complete forces family and still serving.....thank fuck I didnt lose my sense of humour.

its respect not sanctimonious dross at all "

The point is, as I said before, that she wasn't showing a lack of respect in the first place, so the dross (sanctimonious or not) was a bit unnecessary don't you think?

over a year ago

The point is, as I said before, that she wasn't showing a lack of respect in the first place, so the dross (sanctimonious or not) was a bit unnecessary don't you think?"

look sexy bum, the lady and she is that wasnt referring to my post so get that sexy ass down from ya white steed!!! purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

over a year ago

The point is, as I said before, that she wasn't showing a lack of respect in the first place, so the dross (sanctimonious or not) was a bit unnecessary don't you think?look sexy bum, the lady and she is that wasnt referring to my post so get that sexy ass down from ya white steed!!! purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Hey! let me cower behind the real arguers and throw my tame jabs when I want, hehe

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

OP,

"

I am sure the ops question was tongue in cheek ,but your take on it, is perhaps not realising that fact and what you say about front line troops men or women is bang on .

Was it disrespectful to the femaile armed forces ,Following the other threads set up by the op that night to liven up the boards and knowing the person i am positive it was not intended to be .

pd

over a year ago

"yep send em out there ...didnt do the isralies any harm in the 6 day war..or the russians at staligrad...great snipers women ..!!!! and fecking ruthless when needed "

Israel scrapped mixed infantry units years ago after finding that male soldiers tended to stop and look after a wounded female colleague instead of fighting on.

over a year ago

"Women on the front line? Damn right! would you leave it entirely up to a man to defend you?

* ex forces

* ex aircraft technician

* ex woman with a gun

nuff said!"

Women can fly helicopters and jets, serve aboard all Royal Navy warships except submarines and can find themselves extremely close to the enemy while serving as artillery spotters, medics, intelligence specialists and even logisticians or signallers

However, they remain barred from all infantry battalions and Royal Marine Commando units - including Special Forces - and from tank regiments and other armoured units.

Very few female soldiers have the raw physical strength required to clear battlefield obstacles, storm trenches and bayonet enemy troops to death - particularly given the extremely heavy loads infantrymen are now expected to carry.

These days you don't have to be in a unit tasked with closing with the enemy in order to get blown up, or be in a fight.

Should woomen be allowed to fight on the front line...NO!

Apart from increasing numbers, there would in my opinion be little benefit.

over a year ago

*ducks*

your point?"

The manual for male tank drivers is three inches thick and takes a year of training to learn how to turn it left on a sixpence and knock down trees with the turret. Sounds great feckin fun, I wanna tank for Xmas!!! hehehe

over a year ago

*ducks*

your point?

The manual for male tank drivers is three inches thick and takes a year of training to learn how to turn it left on a sixpence and knock down trees with the turret. Sounds great feckin fun, I wanna tank for Xmas!!! hehehe"

noted...will put in a good word for you next time im emptying santas sack.

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

[Removed by poster at 11/06/09 08:20:25]

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"Women on the front line? Damn right! would you leave it entirely up to a man to defend you?

* ex forces

* ex aircraft technician

* ex woman with a gun

nuff said!

Women can fly helicopters and jets, serve aboard all Royal Navy warships except submarines and can find themselves extremely close to the enemy while serving as artillery spotters, medics, intelligence specialists and even logisticians or signallers

However, they remain barred from all infantry battalions and Royal Marine Commando units - including Special Forces - and from tank regiments and other armoured units.

Very few female soldiers have the raw physical strength required to clear battlefield obstacles, storm trenches and bayonet enemy troops to death - particularly given the extremely heavy loads infantrymen are now expected to carry.

These days you don't have to be in a unit tasked with closing with the enemy in order to get blown up, or be in a fight.

"

Thats a trick question then as your definition of front line is different now to what it was ,,Stalingrad was turned to victory by russion women snipers and a good sniper working indepeandantly can indeed hold down a company, more so today.

here is a few names of russion snipers and there rather "kill ratios" during WW2 ..it does not take strength to pull a trigger. Or are you suggesting russian women are tougher ?

Yelizaveta Mironova(F)W.W. IIU.S.S.R100+

Aliya Moldagulova (F)W.W. IIU.S.S.R.91

Nina Lobkovskaya (F)W.W. IIU.S.S.R.89

Lidiya Gudovantseva (F)W.W. IIU.S.S.R.76

Roza Shanina(F)W.W. IIU.S.S.R.54

A.P.Medvedeva-Nazarkina (F)W.W. IIU.S.S.R.43[

over a year ago

"Thats a trick question then as your definition of front line is different now to what it was ,,Stalingrad was turned to victory by russion women snipers and a good sniper working indepeandantly can indeed hold down a company, more so today.

here is a few names of russion snipers and there rather "kill ratios" during WW2 ..it does not take strength to pull a trigger. Or are you suggesting russian women are tougher ?

Yelizaveta Mironova(F)W.W. IIU.S.S.R100+

Aliya Moldagulova (F)W.W. IIU.S.S.R.91

Nina Lobkovskaya (F)W.W. IIU.S.S.R.89

Lidiya Gudovantseva (F)W.W. IIU.S.S.R.76

Roza Shanina(F)W.W. IIU.S.S.R.54

A.P.Medvedeva-Nazarkina (F)W.W. IIU.S.S.R.43

"

The thing with snipers is that the people being shot at don't know if it's a man or woman shooting at them. Gender has no bearing on the issue at all. But a 'talented' sniper with a high kill ratio will be despised by the enemy regardless of sex and if caught alive - I think I know what would happen to a male sniper, a female sniper would suffer a far worse fate.

over a year ago

yes it is different now to what it was.

So feel free to quote many countries that have deployed women to front line areas during wars....we do not...and I still stand by my opinion that it is for the best.

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"yes it is different now to what it was.

So feel free to quote many countries that have deployed women to front line areas during wars....we do not...and I still stand by my opinion that it is for the best."

oh so your question was specifically for the uk or the west you never said..it was brief but you were posting a lot of threads

over a year ago

So feel free to quote many countries that have deployed women to front line areas during wars....we do not...and I still stand by my opinion that it is for the best.

oh so your question was specifically for the uk or the west you never said..it was brief but you were posting a lot of threads "

lol, it was also a blatantly random piss taking thread. Well to some anyway.

Like it though when it opens to a more factual debate.

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

oh so your question was specifically for the uk or the west you never said..it was brief but you were posting a lot of threads

lol, it was also a blatantly random piss taking thread. Well to some anyway.

Like it though when it opens to a more factual debate."

listen us blokes know better than to assume that ...or its ...you just never take us seriously .....do you think we have learnt nothing since greer

over a year ago

So feel free to quote many countries that have deployed women to front line areas during wars....we do not...and I still stand by my opinion that it is for the best."

I suspect it was unintentional but some would see that statement as quite insulting and factually incorrect.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/881815/Female-helicopter-pilot-RAF-Female-RAF-pilot-wins-bravery-medal.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/female-soldier-19-set-for-bravery-award-after-saving-life-of-sergeant-411255.html

To name but a couple.

Women are on the frontline and come under enemy fire more often than most of you will ever know and sadly it is only a matter of time before one of them is added to the list of those who have paid the ultimate price

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

I suspect it was unintentional but some would see that statement as quite insulting and factually incorrect.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/881815/Female-helicopter-pilot-RAF-Female-RAF-pilot-wins-bravery-medal.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/female-soldier-19-set-for-bravery-award-after-saving-life-of-sergeant-411255.html

To name but a couple.

Women are on the frontline and come under enemy fire more often than most of you will ever know and sadly it is only a matter of time before one of them is added to the list of those who have paid the ultimate price "

if i recall one did 12 mnonths ago Sarah Bryant was blown up with 3 SAS men by a roadside bomb .She was a lovely looking woman and had a great future ..now to me the SAS dont stroll around with just anyone on ops, and to me thats as hardcore and frontline as it can get .

RIP to them all

PD

over a year ago

Sadly she had slipped my mind, now I know I am getting old

over a year ago

49 aint old?? ur in ur prime now

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"49 aint old?? ur in ur prime now "

dont ever change dude ..

over a year ago

never will mate, u shud know me by now!!! not that well though, lol lol lol

over a year ago

To name but a couple.

Women are on the frontline and come under enemy fire more often than most of you will ever know and sadly it is only a matter of time before one of them is added to the list of those who have paid the ultimate price "

oi, asshole, try reading through all the post before spouting your drivel!

over a year ago

To name but a couple.

Women are on the frontline and come under enemy fire more often than most of you will ever know and sadly it is only a matter of time before one of them is added to the list of those who have paid the ultimate price

oi, asshole, try reading through all the post before spouting your drivel!"

Oh dear, but only to be expected

over a year ago

only when drivel is spouted darling.

Your first hero..incident response team...went in to rescue an injured soldier, oh yes I do believe i mentioned women were helicopter pilots

your second...was on a team rescuing a vehicle stuck in a ditch and came under sniper fire...admirable and indeed brave.

For those who are under average intelligence. I will say it again in its simplist form.

Yes there are armed female personnel in our forces who do indeed put their life on the line.However.....

Servicewomen are currently excluded from roles where there is a requirement to deliberately close with and kill the enemy face to face.”

Do I think women should be allowed to do this...No......my opinion.

over a year ago

For physical reasons, it is felt that women would find it difficult to go into battle carrying the full equipment and weapons — the average burden carried by a male soldier is more than 100lb. They also believe that the injuring or capture of a female soldier by the enemy might be too distressing for male comrades.

However, seven women have died in the two campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan, five of them from enemy action.

Corporal Sarah Bryant, 26, of the Intelligence Corps, was killed in an explosion in Helmand, Afghanistan, in June last year, and Private Eleanor Dlugosz, 19, from the Royal Army Medical Corps, and 2nd Lieutenant Joanna Yorke Dyer, 24, from the Intelligence Corps, were killed by a roadside bomb in Basra in April 2007.

Staff Sergeant Sharron Elliott, 34, from the Intelligence Corps, was killed by an explosion while on a patrol boat on the Shatt al-Arab waterway near Basra in November 2006, and Flight Lieutenant Sarah-Jayne Mulvihill, 32, from the RAF, died in an attack on a Lynx helicopter in which she was a passenger over Basra in May 2006.

The two other women who have died were Lance Corporal Sarah Holmes, 26, from the Royal Logistic Corps, as a result of a traffic accident at an airbase used by the RAF for Iraq operations in Qatar in October 2007, and Staff Sergeant Denise Rose, 34, of the Royal Military Police, who committed suicide in Basra in October 2004.

At present, 70 per cent of army jobs are open to women, compared with 71 per cent in the Royal Navy — submarines and the Royal Marines in an infantry role still being taboo — and 97 per cent in the RAF. There are female fighter pilots, and only the RAF Regiment, which guards airbases and patrols outside the perimeter hunting for enemy positions, remains barred to women.

over a year ago

Not a front line incident...However you only have to look at the media hue and public out cry when Faye Turney was captured along with 15 males.

It was ALL about the female and the horrors she could of faced. Everyone wanted her out of there as the ramifications were too horrific for most to comprehend or indeed accept.

could anyone name the 15 others captured??? ( without googling!)

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"Not a front line incident...However you only have to look at the media hue and public out cry when Faye Turney was captured along with 15 males.

It was ALL about the female and the horrors she could of faced. Everyone wanted her out of there as the ramifications were too horrific for most to comprehend or indeed accept.

could anyone name the 15 others captured??? ( without googling!)"

yes i can name 10 of them and the other 5 are on the tip of my kit bag

over a year ago

"only when drivel is spouted darling.

Your first hero..incident response team...went in to rescue an injured soldier, oh yes I do believe i mentioned women were helicopter pilots

your second...was on a team rescuing a vehicle stuck in a ditch and came under sniper fire...admirable and indeed brave.

For those who are under average intelligence. I will say it again in its simplist form.

Yes there are armed female personnel in our forces who do indeed put their life on the line.However.....

Servicewomen are currently excluded from roles where there is a requirement to deliberately close with and kill the enemy face to face.”

Do I think women should be allowed to do this...No......my opinion.

"

I have to say that I agree 100% there.

In an open war - that is where the combatants know who the enemy is - female personnel have served, and died, in the capacities already mentioned on this thread and whilst it is tragic and heartbreaking to see women killed in action, from a male perspective, I understand that women choose to enter the Armed Forces and decide for themselves that they are joining a force that could lead to them making the ultimate sacrifice.

As an aside, I'm positive that the family and friends of men who die for their country find it tragic and heartbreaking too. I felt I ought to say that before anyone says I'm ignoring the sacrifice male soldiers have made over the years.

The point of my post is this:

What I've said above applies to an open war. But what about a war waged when war itself hasn't been declared? Like the war on terror? At the moment terrorists know that if they attack women with the sole intention of wholesale slaughter then any sympathy they may hold for their cause will evaporate instantly. (I know women and children have been killed by terrorism but they weren't specifically targetted - and I'm sure someone will cite me as wrong there, fair enough. I'm talking generally.)

If we put women on the front line in a hand-to-hand combat role we will be saying to our enemies that our women are as good a target as our men wherever you find them and I find that totally unacceptable. Although we mourn the loss of our soldiers, we expect casualties in any war. We grieve for our menfolk who are lost to us but we understand the sacrifice they've made. But if it were large numbers of women killed in action, I'd feel pretty shitty as a man to be honest.

over a year ago

I too can Google and cut and paste, I happened upon this dated 28th may 2009

Lance Corporal Amy Thomas, who is thought to be the first British woman to fire on the frontline in Afghanistan, has described the day-long battle in which she fought. L/Cpl Thomas, 20, a Royal Military Policewoman, was serving with Royal Marine Commandos in Helmand province when she fired a burst of shots with her SA80 rifle. She told The Sun: “As soon as we left the helicopters the company came under fire and then it was non-stop. “There were loads of Taliban in the area. I identified one of them running with a weapon and indicated him to the lads. They didn't see him so I took the shot. I don’t know whether I hit or killed him. It was the only time I opened fire on the Taliban.”

Looks like a woman made the decision for herself to get involved in open fire on the front line, rightly or wrongly... if if comes down to it do you wait till a guy takes the initiative or just react instinctively?

over a year ago

"I too can Google and cut and paste, I happened upon this dated 28th may 2009

Lance Corporal Amy Thomas, who is thought to be the first British woman to fire on the frontline in Afghanistan, has described the day-long battle in which she fought. L/Cpl Thomas, 20, a Royal Military Policewoman, was serving with Royal Marine Commandos in Helmand province when she fired a burst of shots with her SA80 rifle. She told The Sun: “As soon as we left the helicopters the company came under fire and then it was non-stop. “There were loads of Taliban in the area. I identified one of them running with a weapon and indicated him to the lads. They didn't see him so I took the shot. I don’t know whether I hit or killed him. It was the only time I opened fire on the Taliban.”

Looks like a woman made the decision for herself to get involved in open fire on the front line, rightly or wrongly... if if comes down to it do you wait till a guy takes the initiative or just react instinctively? "

good for you. with regards google!

someone coming at you with a gun..guess what, id think most of us would return fire if we had a weapon!!!

Missing the point, or should I say the larger picture,but hey, at least you know how to use google!

over a year ago

Looks like a woman made the decision for herself to get involved in open fire on the front line, rightly or wrongly... if if comes down to it do you wait till a guy takes the initiative or just react instinctively?

someone coming at you with a gun..guess what, id think most of us would return fire if we had a weapon!!!

Missing the point, or should I say the larger picture,but hey, at least you know how to use google!"

What point have I missed? The opening post was "should women be allowed on the front line as they are so hormonal?"

I think that this piece proves that woman are indeed already on the front line, entering a combat zone and engaging enemy fire.point 1.

She reacted instinctively to the good of her fellow soldiers. She did not react hormonally, she reacted and deployed the same training they had been given. point 2.

And the fact I used Google to glean these facts proves point 3 any fuckwit with half a brain can start an argument... it takes an original thought and grey matter to end one.

over a year ago

Laine I applaud you!

Now as to the question of women on the front line..and the argument regarding weight, strength etc...

Anyone who has the capability should be allowed..and that is ANYBODY ..If anybody lacks these required strength...or aptitudes etc..then they should not be allowed. It should NOT be considered on gender but ability..pure and simple.

As to the 'omg what if she is captured..how would we all feel..what could happen to her..' Well things happenb to men..men can get raped and tortured too. She signs up, she is accepted to the post..she knows the risks..end of.

I despise any hint of sexism and the old arguement of physical size is nonsense. There are women more than capable and some are in fact built like brick shit houses who are incredibly strong ..equally there are men built like anorexic pencils who would break a sweat lifting a cuppa.

If the person, regardless of gender is capable..then let them do the job.

(post completed with no reference to google, cut and paste or hormonal influences)

Vol

xx

over a year ago

i like guns

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"i like guns"

the bigger the better hey????

over a year ago

man guns, u know what i mean, hmmm so sexy flex it baby

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"man guns, u know what i mean, hmmm so sexy flex it baby"

Oh we knew what you meant alright hun!!

:D

over a year ago

Missing the point, or should I say the larger picture,but hey, at least you know how to use google!

What point have I missed? The opening post was "should women be allowed on the front line as they are so hormonal?"

I think that this piece proves that woman are indeed already on the front line, entering a combat zone and engaging enemy fire.point 1.

She reacted instinctively to the good of her fellow soldiers. She did not react hormonally, she reacted and deployed the same training they had been given. point 2.

And the fact I used Google to glean these facts proves point 3 any fuckwit with half a brain can start an argument... it takes an original thought and grey matter to end one."

The point being...the OP was a blatant piss take on women and hormones whilst being armed.

It then transpired into more serious debate.

You may quote as many references as you please, googled or not to the heroic acts of female service personnel who have seen action..the fact remains they are CURRENTLY excluded from close combat roles.

It was a debate as to whether they should be allowed to or not....not if they advertantly been in the position where they had too! ( And indeed nothing to do with thier hormones!)

Once again, my opinion is , no, they shouldnt be.

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

And the fact I used Google to glean these facts proves point 3 any fuckwit with half a brain can start an argument... it takes an original thought and grey matter to end one.

The point being...the OP was a blatant piss take on women and hormones whilst being armed.

It then transpired into more serious debate.

You may quote as many references as you please, googled or not to the heroic acts of female service personnel who have seen action..the fact remains they are CURRENTLY excluded from close combat roles.

It was a debate as to whether they should be allowed to or not....not if they advertantly been in the position where they had too! ( And indeed nothing to do with thier hormones!)

Once again, my opinion is , no, they shouldnt be.

"

Mo mo mo mo yes ....but

over a year ago

but what...spit it out man lol

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"but what...spit it out man lol"

if not but if also .....

over a year ago

"but what...spit it out man lol"

How can with your hand over his mouth?

over a year ago

"

this I believe was the turning point from humour to serious debate, made by yourself

over a year ago

"For physical reasons, it is felt that women would find it difficult to go into battle carrying the full equipment and weapons — the average burden carried by a male soldier is more than 100lb. They also believe that the injuring or capture of a female soldier by the enemy might be too distressing for male comrades.

However, seven women have died in the two campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan, five of them from enemy action.

Corporal Sarah Bryant, 26, of the Intelligence Corps, was killed in an explosion in Helmand, Afghanistan, in June last year, and Private Eleanor Dlugosz, 19, from the Royal Army Medical Corps, and 2nd Lieutenant Joanna Yorke Dyer, 24, from the Intelligence Corps, were killed by a roadside bomb in Basra in April 2007.

Staff Sergeant Sharron Elliott, 34, from the Intelligence Corps, was killed by an explosion while on a patrol boat on the Shatt al-Arab waterway near Basra in November 2006, and Flight Lieutenant Sarah-Jayne Mulvihill, 32, from the RAF, died in an attack on a Lynx helicopter in which she was a passenger over Basra in May 2006.

The two other women who have died were Lance Corporal Sarah Holmes, 26, from the Royal Logistic Corps, as a result of a traffic accident at an airbase used by the RAF for Iraq operations in Qatar in October 2007, and Staff Sergeant Denise Rose, 34, of the Royal Military Police, who committed suicide in Basra in October 2004.

At present, 70 per cent of army jobs are open to women, compared with 71 per cent in the Royal Navy — submarines and the Royal Marines in an infantry role still being taboo — and 97 per cent in the RAF. There are female fighter pilots, and only the RAF Regiment, which guards airbases and patrols outside the perimeter hunting for enemy positions, remains barred to women.

"

This was I believe Googled or Lifted from The Times online by yourself

over a year ago

"For physical reasons, it is felt that women would find it difficult to go into battle carrying the full equipment and weapons — the average burden carried by a male soldier is more than 100lb. They also believe that the injuring or capture of a female soldier by the enemy might be too distressing for male comrades.

This was I believe Googled or Lifted from The Times online by yourself"

I dont have a problem referencing google or literature. If someone has a view that reflects my own and can represent it better, why not?

over a year ago

and your point????????

this I believe was the turning point from humour to serious debate, made by yourself "

over a year ago

oops went in the middle there.

your point???

over a year ago

* ex forces

* ex aircraft technician

* ex woman with a gun

nuff said!

"

and yet again another little gem from The Times online ... Googled by you no doubt, get back to me when you do have an original serious answer debate or indeed thought.

By your own admission you started what you thought was a humorous post, tried to get serious with it, then when others replied in a serious manner you again insisted it was humour???

over a year ago

YOur right I started the thread tongue in cheek and did then change to a more serious approach.

It was those who tried to post a serious argument with suggestion the OP was serious that I took issue with.

over a year ago

I can think of a few women I'd gladly see in the front line... ex wife, ex devil-in-law, all the Labour MPs (well even the men are girls too!)... all the Tory MPs too while we're at it! hehehe

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

margaret at her heyday ....qwuite a few fem mps

over a year ago

hi lady lain

Post new Message to Thread