Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bin wars!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

i live in a converted townhouse, few flats within...we all have designated bins that clearly have our flat numbers on them.

Some wanker thinks it's ok to fill up my bin with his shit leaving me with nowhere to put my own rubbish & today I've found out exactly who this punk is...i'm considering approaching him politely and telling him to stop but he's a bit of an arse hole & it would prob lead to some form of altercation, the landlord is a pussy who won't do anything about it so I'm considering an alternative option...taking his shit out my bin and dumping it outside his front door!

Bit to extreme? What do ya think people? Anyone had to deal with this before? Would be interested to find out how you resolved it? Thanks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A bigger form of altercation would commence, I'd guess!

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Put a lock on your bin?

Seen it done - easy solution.

A

over a year ago

Was going to say the same as Obi. Escalating it isn't worth the grief, you have to live there.

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

Put your rubbish in his bin?!

over a year ago

Sensible answer already given, lock your bin.

over a year ago

Leaving it on his doorstep is a good move!, or wait see if he goes out and leaves a window open, that way it not stinking up the hallway

over a year ago

"A bigger form of altercation would commence, I'd guess! "

I'd be as sneaky as him when leaving his rubbish outside his door.

Actually thinking of cutting the bag at the bottom to so when he goes to pick it up the rubbish empties outside his front door

Would ensure a lesson is learned no?

over a year ago

"Put a lock on your bin?

A"

Landlord say's i can't put a lock on the bin (council property)

over a year ago

"Leaving it on his doorstep is a good move!, or wait see if he goes out and leaves a window open, that way it not stinking up the hallway "

Luckily his entrance is at the side of the property so would only affect him if i did.

over a year ago

"Put a lock on your bin?

A

Landlord say's i can't put a lock on the bin (council property) "

You said the landlord is a pussy. Fuck him.

over a year ago

"Put your rubbish in his bin?!"

His bin is already full hence him using everyone elses.

By *tandingtallMan
over a year ago

york

This is just so stupid, what sort of mind does it take to use someone else's bin? Put a note on your bin saying "if your bin's full then Please don't use mine, this is a polite warning. Thank you"

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Get another bin

over a year ago

"This is just so stupid, what sort of mind does it take to use someone else's bin? Put a note on your bin saying "if your bin's full then Please don't use mine, this is a polite warning. Thank you""

I don't think this will work (blokes a right tosser) but i will try this in the hope it works before resorting to some unsavoury tactics...Thanks!

By *tandingtallMan
over a year ago

york

Another question is why is his bin so full? Does he not recycle? Gets rid of about half a bins worth

over a year ago

"Leaving it on his doorstep is a good move!, or wait see if he goes out and leaves a window open, that way it not stinking up the hallway

Luckily his entrance is at the side of the property so would only affect him if i did."

Problem solved! And put a lock on the bin anyway, like your landlord says its council property so nowt to do with him

over a year ago

"Get another bin"

So he can fill that one too? Or take the chance of the dustbin men not emptying it because it isn't the same as the rest? I pay my council tax don't see why i should fork out for another bin.

over a year ago

"Another question is why is his bin so full? Does he not recycle? Gets rid of about half a bins worth"

We all have one bin...black bags for general waste & recycle bags which are left for our recycling all go in the one.

By *tandingtallMan
over a year ago

york

"This is just so stupid, what sort of mind does it take to use someone else's bin? Put a note on your bin saying "if your bin's full then Please don't use mine, this is a polite warning. Thank you"

I don't think this will work (blokes a right tosser) but i will try this in the hope it works before resorting to some unsavoury tactics...Thanks! "

Exactly, you've warned him, so if he continues...... That's when you can start getting serious, I can't think of another solution other than getting another bin and locking that, not council property because you've bought it

over a year ago

"Leaving it on his doorstep is a good move!, or wait see if he goes out and leaves a window open, that way it not stinking up the hallway

Luckily his entrance is at the side of the property so would only affect him if i did.

Problem solved! And put a lock on the bin anyway, like your landlord says its council property so nowt to do with him "

I'd rather get on the bad side of my neighbour as opposed to my landlord to be honest.

By *tandingtallMan
over a year ago

york

"Another question is why is his bin so full? Does he not recycle? Gets rid of about half a bins worth

We all have one bin...black bags for general waste & recycle bags which are left for our recycling all go in the one. "

Well that's a bad council! We've got black, green and three recycling boxes we use.....

over a year ago

If anything...just getting it off my chest has helped me a little so thanks to all who've contributed...i'm actually laughing about it now as opposed to pissed off when i saw him do it today

By *ouple145Couple
over a year ago

bexley

If it comes to fisticuffs, can you take him on?

over a year ago

Paintball mine in your bin then deny deny deny.

Or just go have a word with him.

By *tandingtallMan
over a year ago

york

Also just the once get him some bin liners and put a note saying if his bins full to fill the bags and put next to the bins, because if you have a Dominos night with the lads from boxing with all that cardboard you'll have nowhere to put your rubbish if he keeps using your bin.

By *tandingtallMan
over a year ago

york

"Paintball mine in your bin then deny deny deny.

Or just go have a word with him. "

Love it

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Put a lock on your bin?

A

Horseshit.

Yes it's the councils property - therefore nothing to do with the landlord.

So long as you remove the lock prior to collection day - by which time it will either be full and soon be empty and if not anything your neighbour puts in will be emptied too - the council won't give a shit either.

Why make an easy situation to avoid complicated? Or are you looking for some kind of confrontation?

A

over a year ago

"If it comes to fisticuffs, can you take him on?"

I can hold my own, he's twice the width of me though lol ultimately I wouldn't like it to come down to that...I'm a lover not a fighter, if it did, it would only be because he wanted it too.

By *k1986Man
over a year ago

local

"Put your rubbish in his bin?!"

over a year ago

kill him and bin him.

over a year ago

Lock your bin buy a chain and lock put a note on your bin saying private keep your rubbish out with a smiley face

over a year ago

"Put a lock on your bin?

A

Horseshit.

So long as you remove the lock prior to collection day - by which time it will either be full and soon be empty and if not anything your neighbour puts in will be emptied too - the council won't give a shit either.

Why make an easy situation to avoid complicated? Or are you looking for some kind of confrontation?

A"

Wow...nice try trying to make ME out to be the bad guy here Mr Fox! I'm just supposed to ignore what my landlord says am i?

Jeeez!

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

Try the "diplomatic" stuff first, you have nothing to lose, and it might just work.

If it doesn't, then you have two choices...

Do nothing, to avoid possible escalation. But document everything for evidence.

Do something, I favour the "split bag" approach as mentioned somewhere above... sure, he'll go apeshit.. but then you have evidence that you tried the "softly softly" approach.

Hope for peace... but be prepared for war.

over a year ago

"Try the "diplomatic" stuff first, you have nothing to lose, and it might just work.

If it doesn't, then you have two choices...

Do nothing, to avoid possible escalation. But document everything for evidence.

Do something, I favour the "split bag" approach as mentioned somewhere above... sure, he'll go apeshit.. but then you have evidence that you tried the "softly softly" approach.

Hope for peace... but be prepared for war. "

By *tandingtallMan
over a year ago

york

Hmmm I'm thinking yes, say to him that this guy won't be told, it's only a bin and until he can't use it he'll keep doing it, you pay rent to the landlord and its a reasonable request to have somewhere to put rubbish. Better yet have the landlord speak to the twat tenant

By *ouple145Couple
over a year ago

bexley

Kick him in the nuts, put his head in the bin and tell him "next time, it will be your whole body, you mofo".

Peace and love.

over a year ago

Post burning shit through his door

over a year ago

"Kick him in the nuts, put his head in the bin and tell him "next time, it will be your whole body, you mofo".

Peace and love."

I tend to picture things in my head...that made me laugh!

over a year ago

"Post burning shit through his door"

That's just dumb!

over a year ago

Its only a bin though. Is it really worth getting worked up over?

By *ouple145Couple
over a year ago

bexley

A real man's bin is his castle!!!!!

Do not play with another man's bin.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Put a lock on your bin?

A

Horseshit.

A

Wow...nice try trying to make ME out to be the bad guy here Mr Fox! I'm just supposed to ignore what my landlord says am i?

Jeeez! "

In this case? Yes.

Google 'bin lock'. It's a very successful company that supplies locks for bins. It's not just a case of stopping others using your bin - but preventing people going through your rubbish looking for confidential info such as bank statements etc.

It states councils approve of the product and lists London boroughs that have had locks fitted. And it lists them all - so I doubt yours will have any issue.

You asked for a solution. I suggested one that didn't involve lowering your behaviour to that of your neighbour.

But hey. If cutting the bottom off his bin bags makes you feel better.........

A

over a year ago

"Its only a bin though. Is it really worth getting worked up over?"

Not really but I do pay for it...how would you feel paying for something for someone else's benefit that you don't know? Wouldn't get to you no?

over a year ago

"Its only a bin though. Is it really worth getting worked up over?

Not really but I do pay for it...how would you feel paying for something for someone else's benefit that you don't know? Wouldn't get to you no?"

But a bin though. My neighbours are old folks they have no rubbish, like literally none. Thinking about it I wonder what they do with it...

over a year ago

You said your Landlord is a pussy, and you imply he won't confront your tenant, with whom I am assuming you have a legitimate grievance. If that is the case he won't confront you if you take legitimate steps to prevent your neighbour using your bin, by putting a lock on it. In your shoes, I would request the Landlord to confront your neighbour and if that doesn't happen or work , lock the bin. As Obi says the council won't care about the action you take as long as they can empty the bin on bin day.

over a year ago

"Put a lock on your bin?

A

Horseshit.

A

Jeeez!

In this case? Yes.

Google 'bin lock'. It's a very successful company that supplies locks for bins. It's not just a case of stopping others using your bin - but preventing people going through your rubbish looking for confidential info such as bank statements etc.

It states councils approve of the product and lists London boroughs that have had locks fitted. And it lists them all - so I doubt yours will have any issue.

You asked for a solution. I suggested one that didn't involve lowering your behaviour to that of your neighbour.

A

"

Google Bin lock? First i've heard of it but i'll definitely check that out! Never thought about the security aspect to use as a reason...very good, thanks!

Cutting his bin bag was said tongue in cheek...the little green smiley after should have shown you that but i can see you have a different agenda here.

Could have mentioned this Google thing in your first post really but i guess you one of those who try to test people on here for their reaction...bit pathetic really!

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

"Put a lock on your bin?

A

Horseshit.

A

Jeeez!

In this case? Yes.

A

Google Bin lock? First i've heard of it but i'll definitely check that out! Never thought about the security aspect to use as a reason...very good, thanks!

Cutting his bin bag was said tongue in cheek...the little green smiley after should have shown you that but i can see you have a different agenda here.

Could have mentioned this Google thing in your first post really but i guess you one of those who try to test people on here for their reaction...bit pathetic really! "

???

over a year ago

"A bigger form of altercation would commence, I'd guess!

Actually thinking of cutting the bag at the bottom to so when he goes to pick it up the rubbish empties outside his front door

Would ensure a lesson is learned no? "

That's pretty dickish behaviour.

over a year ago

"Put a lock on your bin?

A

Contact the council and explain the situation, ask their advice, however you would have to remember to unlock it on collection day.

over a year ago

"A bigger form of altercation would commence, I'd guess!

Would ensure a lesson is learned no?

That's pretty dickish behaviour."

Another who doesn't have a sense if humour!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Put a lock on your bin?

A"

this..

and chill the fuck out..

its rubbish and not worth getting arsey about

over a year ago

"Put a lock on your bin?

A

this..

and chill the fuck out..

its rubbish and not worth getting arsey about"

Say's the person who isn't even involved yet they're swearing!

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

Maybe contact the council refuse team and ask how they can help.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Put a lock on your bin?

A

this..

and chill the fuck out..

its rubbish and not worth getting arsey about

Say's the person who isn't even involved yet they're swearing! "

theres logical..

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"i live in a converted townhouse, few flats within...we all have designated bins that clearly have our flat numbers on them.

Some wanker thinks it's ok to fill up my bin with his shit leaving me with nowhere to put my own rubbish & today I've found out exactly who this punk is...i'm considering approaching him politely and telling him to stop but he's a bit of an arse hole & it would prob lead to some form of altercation, the landlord is a pussy who won't do anything about it so I'm considering an alternative option...taking his shit out my bin and dumping it outside his front door!

Bit to extreme? What do ya think people? Anyone had to deal with this before? Would be interested to find out how you resolved it? Thanks"

I haven't read all the replies, no time, but if YOU DO put his rubbish on the floor YOU are liable to pick it up or face the fine.

Find a way of securing your bin lid.

over a year ago

Put anti vandal paint paint on the bin handle so when he touches it he's branded for life. I know how frustrating neighbours can be at times. The ones who won't listen to reason are the worse. I hope you have vented enough, like a lot of people do on here. They say it's only a bin but when you have nowhere to put your rubbish because someone is filling your bin up it becomes a problem. My husband would have knocked on the door and said don't use our bin. If he persisted he would have been wearing the bin. Dickish behaviour maybe, but if you act like a dick you get treated like one by one.

over a year ago

Will check out that Google Bin Lock thing & failing that will contact the local council to see what they'll let me do as it's 'their' bin as advised by my landlord.

Thanks again to those who had something worthwhile to contribute

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

After reading all the replies. I think you need to get out more and get some real problems.

xx let me know how much the bin locks are xx

over a year ago

"Put anti vandal paint paint on the bin handle so when he touches it he's branded for life. I know how frustrating neighbours can be at times. The ones who won't listen to reason are the worse. I hope you have vented enough, like a lot of people do on here. They say it's only a bin but when you have nowhere to put your rubbish because someone is filling your bin up it becomes a problem. My husband would have knocked on the door and said don't use our bin. If he persisted he would have been wearing the bin. Dickish behaviour maybe, but if you act like a dick you get treated like one by one. "
Lend him your husband to sort the bin space thief out.

over a year ago

"After reading all the replies. I think you need to get out more and get some real problems.

xx let me know how much the bin locks are xx"

Well...thanks for the partial insult, that's awfully kind of you. Glad you found the time to read through the whole thread...

I'll do you the bin locks for a grand each only because your so nice, the key will be an extra 500!

By *atcherofmyballsMan
over a year ago

hereford

Can you not take his rubbish out and put it next to/on his bin and fill your bin with your rubbish

over a year ago

"Post burning shit through his door"

Omg that's extreme. Funny. But extreme

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

Definitely go for the bin locks. Council won't care so long as it's not locked on collection day.

It may just be rubbish but you pay your council tax towards having somewhere to put it and the guy is being a douché, essentially using more than his fair share and expecting YOU to pay for it.

Plus, that leaves you open to fines by the council if you don't dispose of your own rubbish the correct way (i.e: putting your black bags out, and not inside the bin).

I'd seriously tell my Landlord to man the fuck up though, especially as any complaints would probably have to come from him as the owner of the property. If not, speak to the council.

over a year ago

Lock his bin so he gets the blame!

And use his bin instead.. If he gets a bit pissy with it say you thought you had swapped bins with him.

It's a win win plus you annoy him :D

over a year ago

"Lock his bin so he gets the blame!

And use his bin instead.. If he gets a bit pissy with it say you thought you had swapped bins with him.

It's a win win plus you annoy him :D"

love it

over a year ago

"Lock his bin so he gets the blame!

It's a win win plus you annoy him :D

love it "

By *atcherofmyballsMan
over a year ago

hereford

Get two locks. Lock his and yours so he can't use either

over a year ago

"Get two locks. Lock his and yours so he can't use either "

Wait...you mean pay extra money for two locks to be just as much of an arse as him?

Hmm...not sure about that one

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

Fuck it, just lock ALL the bins. Piss everyone off.

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"Fuck it, just lock ALL the bins. Piss everyone off. "

Build a fort with them and sit out there wearing one of those cardboard hats from Burger King.

If anyone attempts to gain entry to their bin, spray them with water and tap them on the nose with a firm "No!".

over a year ago

"Fuck it, just lock ALL the bins. Piss everyone off.

Build a fort with them and sit out there wearing one of those cardboard hats from Burger King.

If anyone attempts to gain entry to their bin, spray them and with water and tap them on the nose with a firm "No!"."

Crying here

over a year ago

"Fuck it, just lock ALL the bins. Piss everyone off.

If anyone attempts to gain entry to their bin, spray them with water and tap them on the nose with a firm "No!"."

I think a little bit of wee just came out!

By *rewv8Man
over a year ago

cardiff

Get a lock for your bin end of problem

over a year ago

Post it through his door.... If he starts anything then chin him!

over a year ago

"Get a lock for your bin end of problem "

Thanks...your the first to mention it!

over a year ago

Tip his bin over and report him for overflowing rubbish and mess

Just torture the fucker

over a year ago

"Post it through his door.... If he starts anything then chin him!"

Blimey...haven't heard that expression in a long time!!!

over a year ago

Tip his bin over and report him for overflowing rubbish and mess

Just torture the fucker

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

I had this issue, a neighbour was filling my bin with all sorts, and I'm a keen recycler and have 4 wheelie bins for this, but she just dumped everything into one bin, the bin men won't empty the bins if they don't have the appropriate contents.

I just put a polite note through the door and when she next saw me, she apologised and problem was solved luckily.

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

Any update?

By *icky999Man
over a year ago

warrington

fly tip his rubbish outside your town hall

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Put a lock on your bin?

A

But you can put running in the communal area in a petty dispute? If he is filling up your bin use his.

You're not just punishing him by making the whole communal area stink of your rubbish.

Post new Message to Thread