Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

shouting anti uk in court

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Im sure you have all seen in the press about the anti uk protesters in the court room where the women who stabbed an mp is beeing tried.

they were evicted from the court, should their punishment be harsher?

personaly i have no problem with imagrents coming to live and work here, aslong as they are a help to the country not a hindrence, after all annie is one.

however i believe that any preaching anti uk hatred should be imediatly deported, and if they say its not safe for them to go back then they should have thought about that first.

putting them in prison is only a added cost.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

here is a link to the story

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1326208/Roshonara-Choudhry-knifed-MP-Stephen-Timms-smiles-gets-life.html

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

yes i agree with you . if i went to another country and did same thing in their courts ,there would be zero tolerence and my feet wouldnt touch the ground till i was back in uk !

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

totally agree, if you wana be that way then fook off, my _iews are a tad more extreme than this but i agree with you,

over a year ago

Well as an immigrant my self i go along with embracing the law and culture of the country your in. You don't have to adopt religions but if you cant respect the law and the place your in then you should leave.

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

I can't help but agree. In the words of a wise man "nah, sod 'em"

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"Well as an immigrant my self i go along with embracing the law and culture of the country your in. You don't have to adopt religions but if you cant respect the law and the place your in then you should leave."

Well said sir!

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Ok the last post was way over the top ( removed )

If you are going to answer on this thread please tone it down.

over a year ago

prob my fault for posting a very emotive issue

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"prob my fault for posting a very emotive issue"

All subjects can normally be covered, it is just that some will bring more extreme _iews and this is one of them.

Hopefully it will just stay a civil debate x

over a year ago

I ask my Monster to give a reply for this thread, as he lived in loads of countries... he just said that such parties should try such actions in France, Switzerland or Saudi...the first two would arrest these people and put them on planes to nowhere and the last one would just remove them to prison and forget them... He's British but to be honest just shakes his head at the way things are handled..When he lived in Germany it was expected that he learnt German and that he obeyed German laws...yes they have laws regarding swinging laughs... If it doesn't suit them why dont they leave? H. x

over a year ago

well it seems that everyone agrees, so why are these people able to do it????

and how can we change things, these extremists really worry me, something must be done, and i dont mean banning flying with printers.

its no wander the extream right wing parties are gaining in popularity, its about time the middle ground mps did something or we might find ourselves beeing run buy the national front after the next election

over a year ago

i lived in germany for 9 years, what are the laws on swinging lol?

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"well it seems that everyone agrees, so why are these people able to do it????

and how can we change things, these extremists really worry me, something must be done, and i dont mean banning flying with printers.

its no wander the extream right wing parties are gaining in popularity, its about time the middle ground mps did something or we might find ourselves beeing run buy the national front after the next election"

The problem is that anyone who says anything is accused of being racist or eroding someone's human rights. All this does is scare the middle ground politicians from doing anything and increase the popularity of the far right.

By *eakcoupleCouple
over a year ago

peak district

Next time you are near a court, try going in and shouting "curse the judge" and see what happens to you, You'll be taken down for contempt of court, and quite rightly too.

What I object to are double standards; the law should apply to everyone. The judge was soft on this crowd just because they were mohammedans. That is unfair, unjust and divisive. He should have known better, or was he afraid?

over a year ago

Personally being born and bred in this country I think our country has gone mad!

If someone decides to come and live here then they should abide by our laws. It does not matter whether they came here out of choice or not as it has to be better than where they was before.

Our government is to blame for all this as it is them who passed the laws which allows people to abuse them. I firmly believe and this is only my opinion that the ‘Race’ card is too easily used which makes legitimate cases hard to believe.

When someone is slagging off our country whether they are from here or not… If you do not like it… then leave! It is a very ‘Big World’ out there!

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

I also think that to merely be evicted from court was way too soft - if the boot was on the other foot then I am sure that the consequences would be much much harsher. Once again it's a set of rules for one section of society and another for others! Z

over a year ago

Fair enough it's hard to see who's an extremist and who's a normal person trying to make a living, but if they do it in court how can the government do anything but throw them out!( at the very least!) Apparently it's against human rights to do anything or to send them back home!! Recently read a story about extremists protesting at a Brit soldiers funeral, a group of locals tookl offence and "had a quiet word" with them and were then arrested!!! So not only are they allowed to do it but they're protected at our expense! Absolute joke! Rant over

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/11/10 12:53:56]

over a year ago

Just to add, if they work, are a benefit to the country and don't want to kill us all that's fine! Other than that why let any1 in?? We should all move to France!

over a year ago

"Just to add, if they work, are a benefit to the country and don't want to kill us all that's fine! Other than that why let any1 in?? We should all move to France! "

You do realise that most of the extremist are BRITISH born...so do tell, where are you going to "send them home?"

Just out of interest like!!

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"Just to add, if they work, are a benefit to the country and don't want to kill us all that's fine! Other than that why let any1 in?? We should all move to France!

You do realise that most of the extremist are BRITISH born...so do tell, where are you going to "send them home?"

Just out of interest like!! "

Absolutely, it always makes me laugh when the 'send 'em home' line is shouted! Z

over a year ago

well if they are born here they shout be locked up to protect the rest of us

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"I also think that to merely be evicted from court was way too soft - if the boot was on the other foot then I am sure that the consequences would be much much harsher. Once again it's a set of rules for one section of society and another for others! Z"

Nahhhh... you'll find whenever there are groups of vocal people in a court room the usual done thing is to have them removed.... same thing happens to green peace folk, anti-hunt folk and whoever, regardless of their colour, race etc. It's the numbers (there is generally safety in numbers) some gobby twat who won't shut up when asked may be treated differently.

By *obletonMan
over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

has anyone got a better link for the news source?

The daily mail is hardly a beleivable source when it comes to issues like this one - so for all I know it could be a complete distortion - in fact knowing the reporting standards at the mail its quite likely its a total fabrication

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

"What I object to are double standards; the law should apply to everyone"

It never has and never will, the scales of justice are meant to represent objectivity, in that justice is (or should be) meted out objectively, without fear or favour, regardless of identity, money, power, or weakness.

What a load of bollox!

over a year ago

"well if they are born here they shout be locked up to protect the rest of us"

Not wishing to be contrary, you do realise that extremists are not the only section of society that are a danger to us, don't you.

Drug crazed ferral youth;

D*unks behind the wheels of cars;

"Gangsters"; to name but a few.

I'm more likely to be a victim to one of the above than the mujahideen. I like the idea of locking people up "just in case" though...ooooh very "Minority Report!"

over a year ago

In that case They should be tried for treason!! And yes I did realise that but got carried away with my rant!

over a year ago

What are your _iews on this then?

over a year ago

its true that feral youths are a much more likely danger than religious extremists..that said,if either get in my face i'm gonna lamp em

over a year ago

How can they be punished in for shouting in a UK court, that would undermine the integrity of the court.

British Courts stand for British Justice and British Justice stands for the Freedom of Speech, the right to say what you want against the Monarchy, the Country or the Law without fear of intimidation or recrimination. Do that in some countries and you would be imprisoned, beaten even killed, is that what we want in Britain.

No I don't agree with thier sentiments and believe that silent protest can speak volumes, stand and turn your backs on the judge like the ex Prisoners of the Japanese did to the Emperor of Japan when he visited Britain and you will gain respect for your cause, abuse Britain and you will only invite a dislike for what you are trying to gain support for.

over a year ago

Don't you think its sad someone who is anti UK still stays here? If they are so unhappy with things then there is a lot of choice with other countries to go live in after all.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"has anyone got a better link for the news source?

The daily mail is hardly a beleivable source when it comes to issues like this one - so for all I know it could be a complete distortion - in fact knowing the reporting standards at the mail its quite likely its a total fabrication"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/nov/03/roshonara-choudhry-jailed-life-attack

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/11/04/roshonara-choudhry-given-life-term-for-attempted-murder-of-labour-mp-stephen-timms-115875-22691068/

over a year ago

there is freedom of speech..there's also the little matter of the law regarding incitement to racial hatred. don't think thats covered by F of S

over a year ago

The judge was s complete ass he has a contempt of court ruling at his disposal trouble is he was obviously scared to use it

over a year ago

"yes i agree with you . if i went to another country and did same thing in their courts ,there would be zero tolerence and my feet wouldnt touch the ground till i was back in uk ! "

Don't know about your feet not touching the ground,I bet your head would soon be rolling across it though.

If they want our laws to be more like theirs I'm sure a well honed cavalry sabre would do just as good a job as a scimitar when it comes to dispatching potential enemies of our country.

That should keep them happy,give them a taste of home! R

XX

over a year ago

Yes I would agree with a contempt of court ruling because this is based on interupting proceedings and causing expense to the taxpayer, not punishing them for what they say but for the time and place they say it.

If they were breaking the law in what they say that is a different matter, racist remarks for instance is against the law and punishing them for breaking the law is different to punishing them for saying what they believe, inciting riots, inciting violence is not the same as standing up and saying "this country is wrong or the Queen is a waste of space" some things are our rights that come with our freedom and some things are illegal.

over a year ago

"Im sure you have all seen in the press about the anti uk protesters in the court room where the women who stabbed an mp is beeing tried.

"

I'm an immigrant as well and I'm sick and tired of most immigrants here in the UK. When I decided to live here I decided to live like British people do. (I might not eat my chips with vinegar tho';-)) I don't want to change things here (however some things could be done better, but others are done better here) because noone requested me to come here. I wanted it, I'm happy I had the chance and I want to work hard for this country as I consider it as mine.

What I don't understand in most immigrants (no matter where they came from, Pakistanis, Polish, Slovakians, Hungarians, Romanians other Arabs or who the hell know where else from and again, not all of them, but most of those I've met) that they can't accept certain things here. They want to live their life as they did it at home.

For fucks sake, if that was so fucking good at home what the fuck they doing here??? If it was so fucking good in mine I wouldn't even leave it.

All in all I think it is simple: do you want to live here as one respected member of the society? Than:

1. learn the language (I know I need to learn a lot too)

2. don't come here for benefits.

3. find a job

4. find a proper accommodation

5. accept how certain things are done here

Actually I think people are too tolerant in the UK.

over a year ago

"Don't you think its sad someone who is anti UK still stays here? If they are so unhappy with things then there is a lot of choice with other countries to go live in after all."

ah but we pay them to hate us while putting thier kids through our education system so they can become intelligent and hate us even more.tollerant we are in this country but its gone down the pan,

cmon even if these anti brit or anti western types are punished in this country it will be with 3 meals a day a free xbox a nice warm cell ..benefits for thier families and motability allowances for families to visit.

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"Next time you are near a court, try going in and shouting "curse the judge" and see what happens to you, You'll be taken down for contempt of court, and quite rightly too.

What I object to are double standards; the law should apply to everyone. The judge was soft on this crowd just because they were mohammedans. That is unfair, unjust and divisive. He should have known better, or was he afraid? "

i think he was afraid , and who can blame him

he was dealing with supporters of the person that walked into an mp,s office , shook his hand and then calmly stabbed him in the guts a few times , with the intention of killing him stone dead

mad franky fraser took umbridge to a judge that berated him before sentance

on release he tracked the judge down and hung him

so it is a matter of record that judges have suffered reprisals when dealing harshly with "bad boys" "mafia types" etc

so just like when walking along the beach in your swimming trunks , you would not poke a 30 foot long salt water crocodile in the eye with a stick

it is advisable not to upset the supporters of a muslim extreemist

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

"Im sure you have all seen in the press about the anti uk protesters in the court room where the women who stabbed an mp is beeing tried.

personaly i have no problem with imagrents coming to live and work here, aslong as they are a help to the country not a hindrence, after all annie is one.

however i believe that any preaching anti uk hatred should be imediatly deported, and if they say its not safe for them to go back then they should have thought about that first.

putting them in prison is only a added cost."

very well said

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

simple...

charged with contempt of court and punished.

and most importantly...

zero publicity....... absolute zero.

they would stop then....

over a year ago

"

"

that's a bit of an urban myth. Fraser 'bumped' into the governor of wandsworth prison after his release and hung his dog from a tree

in any case has it come to pass that people can do exactly what they like because 'the authorities' fear reprisals?

if that is the case,God help the rest of us

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

Of course they shoud have been cherged with contempt of court if I did the same I would be.

We are way too soft in this country which is why we have hoards of ppl travelling across Europe and then repeatedly tring to hide their way across the channel, true asylum seekers are supposed to seek asylum in the first country in which they land but they all want soft touch UK.

over a year ago

You may or may not be charged with conempt of court, not everyone is because judges sometimes believe that this would just add to the publicity and make martyrs of the them, with the freedom of speech enjoyed by the media in this Country you cannot ban the publication of such a charge or subsequent sentance being imposed, it has happened many times with people not being charged because they are animal rights campaigners, save the countryside, anti hunt etc.

Sasha is a firm supporter of the British Military and the British Police and Justice system, because in Russia she has experienced them at thier worst and most corrupt. She enjoys the safety and freedom this country has given her for 16 years because of our laws of freedom and accordingly abides by them.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

She wasn't an asylum seeker, she is a British citizen, her mother is British and born in Britain...

It's all too easy to assume that the people shouting in court are asylum seekers or immigrants....chances are they were born in the UK.

Radicalisation is more aimed at British born muslims rather than immigrants or asylum seekers, all but one of the July 7th bombers were born in the UK....Two in Leeds and One in Bradford.

The other bomber was born in Jamaica to Christian parents, brought up a Christian....radicalised and converted to Islam.

over a year ago

"well if they are born here they shout be locked up to protect the rest of us

Not wishing to be contrary, you do realise that extremists are not the only section of society that are a danger to us, don't you.

Drug crazed ferral youth;

D*unks behind the wheels of cars;

"Gangsters"; to name but a few.

I'm more likely to be a victim to one of the above than the mujahideen. I like the idea of locking people up "just in case" though...ooooh very "Minority Report!" "

from the way i read it they were as good as promising violance and disruption, so yes i would lock them up, and i agree about there beeing plenty of others in our world that can harm us but we arent talking about them.

and if you think i have no tolorance for imagrants, read the origional post

over a year ago

"She wasn't an asylum seeker, she is a British citizen, her mother is British and born in Britain...

It's all too easy to assume that the people shouting in court are asylum seekers or immigrants....chances are they were born in the UK.

Radicalisation is more aimed at British born muslims rather than immigrants or asylum seekers, all but one of the July 7th bombers were born in the UK....Two in Leeds and One in Bradford.

The other bomber was born in Jamaica to Christian parents, brought up a Christian....radicalised and converted to Islam."

Being British born and educated makes it even worse,it borders on treason.

If they're so enraptured by their ancestry and religion why don't they go and live in a Muslim country and see the truth? R

XX

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

I am fully aware she wasnt an asylum seeker and probablyshouldnt have mentioned the subject in this thread.

I still believe the culprits should have been prosecuted, and as regards free speech spouting hatred is not free speech and it makes my blood boil when I watch the troops marching after doing their tours (which they have to do whether they agree with the conflict or not)and those folk are allowed out with their banners shouting their filth

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

so we can have freedom of speech.... within reason, and we may not like everything that people may say........

or.....

we can have no freedom of speech and live in somewhere like burma... where anyone who say any "desenting" is locked up.....

hmmm.... decisions decisions...

like some people have said..... if the "contempt of court" thing would carried out to the letter of the law some of the following would have happened..

anti-abortion protesters would have ended up being jailed....

anti and pro fox hunting protesters would have been in jail....

greenpeace and enviromental protesters would have been in jail....

heck.... even in the last couple of weeks the liverpool fans who were at the RBS vs Hicks case would have ended up in jail......

do i believe in freedom of speech up to a reasonable points... absolutely, it what makes this country what it is.... and that is why I love the irony of it all....

If that had been chinese protesters in a chinese court saying "I hate china".... you would never had heard about it, and you'd probably never see those people again......

Do i believe the judge did the right thing... yep... he made a reasoned judgement, if he had jailed them this may have blown out of all proportion.... this way it is basically tomorrows chip paper!

over a year ago

I think that the ethnicity of these protesters should be irrelevant, but it wasn't. Justice is supposed to be blind, but in this case, its representative, the judge, was too busy looking at how he would be perceived to do his job properly.

We don't choose which laws to obey based on whether we agree with them or not.

Thats the law plain and simple.

And anyone who chooses to live in this country, for whatever reason, and for however long they are here, needs to obey the laws of this country, or expect to be punished accordingly.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

But what laws exactly?

I have seen various suggestions of treason voiced on this and other threads....NOTHING that these protestors have voiced either verbally or through protest placards is classified in the eyes of English Law as Treason.

The last person to be tried and convicted of treason in England was at the end of World War 2, and then the case was compounded with problems that could well have seen the accused (William Joyce aka Lord Haw Haw) found not guilty under the modern day legal system.

Forget the cries for a Contempt of Court charge, hardly worthy of more than a fine and a suspended sentence....so pretty bloody pointless.

Maybe with the recent rise in Islamic radicalisation in the UK it is time that new laws were drawn up to tackle public displays of abuse towards our troops and/or government foreign policy?.

By *ertnbeckyCouple
over a year ago

oldham

if it carries on the way its going we will end up with race riots and bnp getting voted into power.i hope this never happens buit can see it

over a year ago

Whatever happened to "when in Rome do as the Romans....." - surely foreigners can be expected to display a modicum of adapting to local customs?

over a year ago

"But what laws exactly?

I have seen various suggestions of treason voiced on this and other threads....NOTHING that these protestors have voiced either verbally or through protest placards is classified in the eyes of English Law as Treason.

The last person to be tried and convicted of treason in England was at the end of World War 2, and then the case was compounded with problems that could well have seen the accused (William Joyce aka Lord Haw Haw) found not guilty under the modern day legal system.

Forget the cries for a Contempt of Court charge, hardly worthy of more than a fine and a suspended sentence....so pretty bloody pointless.

Maybe with the recent rise in Islamic radicalisation in the UK it is time that new laws were drawn up to tackle public displays of abuse towards our troops and/or government foreign policy?.

"

The laws that were broken by the woman who attacked the Doc, and, if there was any incitement of Racial hatred, by the protestors.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"But what laws exactly?

The laws that were broken by the woman who attacked the Doc, and, if there was any incitement of Racial hatred, by the protestors."

What Doc?.....

over a year ago

Sorry, MP!

Having a blonde day!

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Whatever happened to "when in Rome do as the Romans....." - surely foreigners can be expected to display a modicum of adapting to local customs? "

As I said before..... the colour of the skin or the religious beliefs of a person are irrelevant as most of these offenders and radicalised Muslims are born in Britian.

So 'When in Rome' means little as they are British to start with, unless of course you mean that people of a different colour or religion should be forced to become Christians and 'act like Romans'....or typical Brits, in which case what are the customs of a typical Brit?

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Sorry, MP!

Having a blonde day!"

She did get tried and punished under English Law....hence the life sentence.

over a year ago

"Whatever happened to "when in Rome do as the Romans....." - surely foreigners can be expected to display a modicum of adapting to local customs?

As I said before..... the colour of the skin or the religious beliefs of a person are irrelevant as most of these offenders and radicalised Muslims are born in Britian.

So 'When in Rome' means little as they are British to start with, unless of course you mean that people of a different colour or religion should be forced to become Christians and 'act like Romans'....or typical Brits, in which case what are the customs of a typical Brit?"

"When in Rome" was really meant to reflect the ability, motivation, willingness of somebody to adapt to their host country. I did not specifically relate it to anything - just feel that if one chooses to live in a different country/ culture / community... in other words when one is the outsider... then one should adapt or at least try not to cause offense.The "should" is meant as my personal ethical stance, again I would not expect this atttitude necessarily from others. Hope that clarifies where I was coming from.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

But they are not the 'outsider' if they are born here in the first place...

over a year ago

"But they are not the 'outsider' if they are born here in the first place..."

It is not just about "birthright" well to me it is more about the whole package of upbringing, culture, beliefs etc. That was what I was referring to before, you could have two UK (Frendh, German, Spanish...whatever) citizens who were born in the same town and yet culturally, ethnically etc could not be further apart?

over a year ago

"Sorry, MP!

Having a blonde day!

She did get tried and punished under English Law....hence the life sentence."

Precisely, so why the protestors?

Think we are in agreement.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

adopt the australians way of thinking on this.if you want to live in this country.respect our laws,culture,and religion.or get to f***.

if you behaved in this way,in a muslim country.whether you were born there or not,you would be in prison by now.at the very least.

over a year ago

"adopt the australians way of thinking on this.if you want to live in this country.respect our laws,culture,and religion.or get to f***.

if you behaved in this way,in a muslim country.whether you were born there or not,you would be in prison by now.at the very least."

would love to misbehave with you and belocked up in same cell...;-)

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"adopt the australians way of thinking on this.if you want to live in this country.respect our laws,culture,and religion.or get to f***.

if you behaved in this way,in a muslim country.whether you were born there or not,you would be in prison by now.at the very least.

would love to misbehave with you and belocked up in same cell...;-)"

that sounds like a date.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Sorry but there is no official religion in Australia either...and does your average Australian follow the customs and culture of the indiginous population....the Aboriginies?

It is an urban myth that Australia operates it's laws regarding culture and religion any different than the UK.

over a year ago

Well as a devot Klingon I find it hard to understand why we have not destroyed these haters of your planet UK and enslaved their Women and Children...

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

Read the australian prime ministers speech on the issue he makes some great points.

And as their name suggests the Aboriginals were the original Australians and were treated very badly and probably still are.

over a year ago

Ok you win , just make it stop!

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Read the australian prime ministers speech on the issue he makes some great points.

And as their name suggests the Aboriginals were the original Australians and were treated very badly and probably still are."

It was a hoax....sorry but the speech never happened

By *ertnbeckyCouple
over a year ago

oldham

"Sorry but there is no official religion in Australia either...and does your average Australian follow the customs and culture of the indiginous population....the Aboriginies?

It is an urban myth that Australia operates it's laws regarding culture and religion any different than the UK."

no but in fairness neither would they put up with the racist shite them assholes were shouting

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

We already have a law that covers the offences that were carried out in the court at the end of the MP stabbing case...it is sections 4a and section 5 of the Public Order Act.

The problem is that if this were implimented in this case then just about all public protests in the future in England and Wales would also have to be treated in the same way.

It's a minefield for Public Prosecutors and UK Governments, carry out the law to the letter then you would never be able to protest in England and Wales ever again.

You would have to build dozens of new prisons to house the guilty.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Sorry but there is no official religion in Australia either...and does your average Australian follow the customs and culture of the indiginous population....the Aboriginies?

It is an urban myth that Australia operates it's laws regarding culture and religion any different than the UK.no but in fairness neither would they put up with the racist shite them assholes were shouting "

They did at the public protests about Australian troops fighting in Afghanistan (Sydney 2007) when thousands of protestors (mainly Muslim) took to the streets.

It's a myth that the Australians treat immigrants or Muslims any different than the UK...

over a year ago

"Next time you are near a court, try going in and shouting "curse the judge" and see what happens to you, You'll be taken down for contempt of court, and quite rightly too.

What I object to are double standards; the law should apply to everyone. The judge was soft on this crowd just because they were mohammedans. That is unfair, unjust and divisive. He should have known better, or was he afraid?

i think he was afraid , and who can blame him

he was dealing with supporters of the person that walked into an mp,s office , shook his hand and then calmly stabbed him in the guts a few times , with the intention of killing him stone dead

so it is a matter of record that judges have suffered reprisals when dealing harshly with "bad boys" "mafia types" etc

so just like when walking along the beach in your swimming trunks , you would not poke a 30 foot long salt water crocodile in the eye with a stick

it is advisable not to upset the supporters of a muslim extreemist "

oh that's bldy great, so if you are a meek little petty criminal you get done and if you are a mafia, gang or sect member you got all the chances to scare the judge into not judging you?

If you are gonna be a judge as a career then you should be ready to stand up and be counted, otherwise go seek a different career. tut

over a year ago

"But they are not the 'outsider' if they are born here in the first place...

It is not just about "birthright" well to me it is more about the whole package of upbringing, culture, beliefs etc. That was what I was referring to before, you could have two UK (Frendh, German, Spanish...whatever) citizens who were born in the same town and yet culturally, ethnically etc could not be further apart? "

But isn't life about learning different cultures? I would hate to live in a town or a street where everyone is the same.

Yes I was born in this country but my parents are from Sri-Lanka and we are Portuguese decendents but have lived here for over 50 years. Now they have brought me up the 'British Way' (whatever that is as we are so diverse) but also they have shown me my 'roots'which I am proud of and share with others.

The whole point to this discussion was regardless what country you come from or if you were born here... if you feel you 'hate' the people of this country and our 'laws' so much... then leave.. quite simple!

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

It doesn't seem to matter how many people point out that these protesters may very well BE British - some of you will insist on having a "debate" about immigration.

Said "debate" to include chinese whispers, assumptions, and sweeping generalisations about other societies....to read this thread you'd think decapitation was a standard punishment for insurance fraud anywhere south of Dover!

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

It is an urban myth that Australia operates it's laws regarding culture and religion any different than the UK."

i think you'll find the vast majority of australians(over 70%)are christian.

nobody should be denied the right,to practice there religion.no matter where they live,no matter what thier religion.all religions are basicaly good.changed by people within that religion,to suit there own purposes.

preaching hatred,and violence,against anyone.should not be tolerated,and should be punished.

muslims have good reason,,for disliking the west,but that was then.this is now.it is a responsibility of every government,to protect the population,of that country.

i find it strange,people,want to live in a country,that they dislike so intensely.

to talk of the aborigines,would be to open another can of worms.

love casper xx

over a year ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1326844/DIY-jihadists-Roshonara-Choudhry-supporters-living-benefits.html

an update on the story, im even more scared now

over a year ago

"

to talk of the aborigines,would be to open another can of worms.

"

Especially when debate about Native Australians always neglects to mention the Torres Strait Islanders. just as indigenous as the Aborigines, oft ignored

over a year ago

I read that one of scum bags that killed the policewoman in Bradford a few years ago was an asylum seeker who said he would be killed if he returned to Somalia.

Guess where the British Police tracked him down to and extradited him from.

Ok this is an exception to the thousand of legitimate immigrants that apply every year to enter the uk.

over a year ago

"It doesn't seem to matter how many people point out that these protesters may very well BE British - some of you will insist on having a "debate" about immigration.

Said "debate" to include chinese whispers, assumptions, and sweeping generalisations about other societies....to read this thread you'd think decapitation was a standard punishment for insurance fraud anywhere south of Dover!

"

There are some people who only come out of the woodwork when they can add their own particular brand of venom on threads like this.

Some are so entrenched in their hatred and narrow mindness that no matter how many times you say - they're "British born" it wont sink in.

Come on now - who is REALLY surprised this thread has turned to one of immigration?!!

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

Ok sassymiss getting away from immigration what are your _iews on the "British born" protesters from the link above you know the ones that think British troops must die.

Why were these scum not arrested.

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Scum"

A handful of people shouting.

Really?

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

can you imagine the uproar if some white christian uk born residents had dared to protest at the court at the muslim insults?,a similar protest in luton about troops returning from afghanistan a few years ago lead to arrests but not the muslim anti-uk protestets!,oh no!,they are a proteceted species and can verbally abuse tropps,mps and british public alike!,the protesters who were arrested were the general members of the public who were defending the right of our returning troops!.

my thoughts are that if these muslims do not like our troops,our government,our laws,way of life etc?,there are regular flights out of the uk from our many airports and they can freely leave if they do not like it here!.

but perhaps the benefits,housing etc might persuade them to stay on longer?.

By *o DaddyMan
over a year ago

Worcestershire

""Scum"

A handful of people shouting.

Really?

"

i wonder what the reaction would have been if a small group of british born protesters had gathered in protest about the muslims?,perhaps if they had called themselves the english defence league?,or EDL for short and had held a protest,i wonder what the reaction would have been?,all those great unwashed leftwing protesters would have descended on the place to ensure a riot would have taken place all in the pretence of free speech but only free for some!.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

it shouldnt matter if your an imigrant,or born here.it shouldnt matter if your family,were one of the first humans to inhabit this country.nobody should be permited to preach,hatred,and violence.for me this is about what,should be allowed,and what should not.

s d m.name 2 muslim countries,where this would have been acceptable behaviour.i'm not saying they are wrong,in this respect.im saying they are right.

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

"Just to add, if they work, are a benefit to the country and don't want to kill us all that's fine! Other than that why let any1 in?? We should all move to France!

Just out of interest like!! "

have you failed to notice that although they may well be british born,they hate being in britain and certainly do not want to be british do they?,they pop up regularyhave you not noticed saying how they do not respect british law and will not accept british law,they vow to change britain into a muslim state!,surely the easiest route for those that hate britain so much is to go to a muslim state in the first place?,i suggest we send these unhappy muslims that break our UK laws to the nearest muslim state that will accept them.

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

Yes sharply dressed man Scum whether they be a few or a thousand what right have they to shout anti British slogans when they are living here.

Someone above said they are British but they dont seem to want to be.

I resent ppl in this country whether they are British born or not telling me how much they hate this country its people and laws.

Sharia law for UK look it up.

over a year ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1328703/Remembrance-Day-Poppy-burning-Muslim-protesters-mar-Armistice-Day.html

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

"http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1328703/Remembrance-Day-Poppy-burning-Muslim-protesters-mar-Armistice-Day.html"

Interesting quote from one of the Muslim protesters that says it all!

'We want the Government to pull the troops out from these countries and to stop interfering in OUR affairs.'

If he has the benefit of living here and it is what he has chosen to do, surely he should be saying 'Stop interfering in THEIR affairs'

I have no problem with someone coming here to live, but I really think that if you think this country is good enough for you, then you should count yourself as 'one of us'. By all means complain about what he sees is an injustice, but integration should be their primary intention, not separatism!

over a year ago

"http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1328703/Remembrance-Day-Poppy-burning-Muslim-protesters-mar-Armistice-Day.html

Interesting quote from one of the Muslim protesters that says it all!

'We want the Government to pull the troops out from these countries and to stop interfering in OUR affairs.'

If he has the benefit of living here and it is what he has chosen to do, surely he should be saying 'Stop interfering in THEIR affairs'

I have no problem with someone coming here to live, but I really think that if you think this country is good enough for you, then you should count yourself as 'one of us'. By all means complain about what he sees is an injustice, but integration should be their primary intention, not separatism!"

very well said

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

having read the story in the mail , it was good to see the english defence league ruffians arrested , hope they give them short shrift

over a year ago

putting them in prison is only a added cost."

place them in handcuffs.

charter a plane. collect the whole damn family up at gun point and put them on the same plane.

send them back.

if they do not like the law here they can go to a country where they are stoned to death and hands cuts off.

this is what you get when you sign up to the european court of human rights.

you can do bugger all about it.

and if you do. your racist.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

20-25 Muslim protestors according to the Met police on Sky, not exactly a tidal wave of support amongst Britains 1.8 million Muslims. More an indication that this is a piddling little group of troublemakers that don't represent the feelings of the vast majority that practise Islam in these isles.

I saw them on Sky News and thought how pathetic their attempts at ruining this day of national respect was.....laughable.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

place them in handcuffs.

charter a plane. collect the whole damn family up at gun point and put them on the same plane.

send them back.

if they do not like the law here they can go to a country where they are stoned to death and hands cuts off.

and if you do. your racist."

Send them back?

There is every likelyhood that these idiots were born in this country.....as every one of the July 7th bombers were.

So where do you send them back to.....Bradford....Luton....East London?

over a year ago

place them in handcuffs.

send them back.

and if you do. your racist.

Send them back?

There is every likelyhood that these idiots were born in this country.....as every one of the July 7th bombers were.

So where do you send them back to.....Bradford....Luton....East London?"

speaking solely as a londoner who uses the public transport system everyday,then yes,bradford or luton would be far enough for me. selfish but there you go.

over a year ago

those born here you deal with. those not remove. anyone convicted of a terrorist act against the land then the whole family should suffer.

they do in switzerland so why not here.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

When have they had terrorist attacks in switzerland?....or are you thinking of China or Russia?

over a year ago

"When have they had terrorist attacks in switzerland?....or are you thinking of China or Russia?"

not yet but

from washington post

'As the global jihad movement becomes more decentralized and fragmented, however, Swiss security officials are warning that their country could become a target.

In an intelligence report completed in May, the Swiss Federal Police reversed previous assessments that the domestic risk of terrorism was nearly nonexistent. The report concluded that Switzerland had become "a jihadi field of operation" and predicted that terrorist attacks were "an increasing possibility."

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

So are they throwing out Muslims just in case it ever happens?

No, of course they are not.

The Americans just want an excuse to invade Switzerland.....have they recently discovered oil there?

over a year ago

"So are they throwing out Muslims just in case it ever happens?

No, of course they are not.

The Americans just want an excuse to invade Switzerland.....have they recently discovered oil there?

"

i never made any comment about throwing anyone out of anywhere. just highlighting the article. but now i think of it,if i was asked to find jihadists i wouldn;t have thought of looking in switzerland. the sneaky bastards.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

The problem with Islamic extremism in the UK is that people automatically assume that the extremists are immigrants, when in reality they are more often than not born and bred here.

In the days of Stalin whole families of agitators were rounded up and incarcerated....often never to be seen alive again.

It's a very emotive issue and none of us will likely fail to be angered by seeing Islamic extremists on our TV screens calling for the death of British soldiers, but emotions run very wild during these times and often realistic solutions are overlooked in preference to equally extremist answers to the problem.

Our security agencies will know just about every one of those protestors in London today, they will have thick files on them and know almost every move they make in their lives.

But the hard truth is that for most of these disgusting creatures deportation isn't an option....unless of course you think that sending someone back to Bradford or East Ham is a punishment.

over a year ago

"speaking solely as a londoner who uses the public transport system everyday,then yes,bradford or luton would be far enough for me. selfish but there you go. "

I know this is a serious and emotive subject - but this made me laugh out loud...as I feel the same.

Sorry!

Post new Message to Thread