Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

zombie films....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

i recently saw zombie land and think it is up the with george romero's living dead films...

it made me jump and and it was funny.

and i just got a copy of the bizarre mag and there is a lot about new zombie films and a new tv show based on comicbooks (no i dont read them!!)

but it looks good, and just wanted to see who likes the genre..

and what is your fav zombie flik???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

zombie land good film going to watch devils playground tonight so will let you know what that is like

over a year ago

my fav line in zombie land was when thay was in bill murray's ni house cinema.

and the lead guy say's

"im so excited you are about to learn who your guna call"

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Plague of the Zombies made in the 1970's... Like all Zombie films of that era, always some gorgeous lady ready to get her boobs out!

over a year ago

not seen that one but just watched a trailer and it looks good a true hammer horror...

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

I LOVE zombie films!

The cheesier the better although some of the higher budget ones are good too.

My top 10 are in order here:

Shaun of the Dead - No brainer! That was a zombie in-joke ahem.

Dawn of the Dead

Zombie Flesh Eaters

Red Snow (or Dead Snow) - Nazi storm trooper zombies! Does it get any better?!

Zombieland

Day of the Dead

Diary of the Dead

Resident Evil

The Return of the Living Dead

Horror Express

When there's no room left in hell the dead shall walk the earth you know!

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

I have been stockpiling beans and crossbow bolts for years....I'm read for Z- day. are you?

over a year ago

just watched devil's playground oh no parkour zombies what ever next

every zombie fan has there zombie outbreak plan in place just in case

loved shaun of the dead just class well for a horror comedy as well as doghouse laughed my arse off oh no if my ass fell off guess i am zombie crap my plan did not work

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

What was the one in the Big Brother House called? That was good, I quite fancied Divina as a zombie!

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"What was the one in the Big Brother House called? That was good, I quite fancied Divina as a zombie! "

OMG how could I forget that! It was called 'Dead Set' very good, especially when they bashed in the brains of the zombie big brother contestants, I'd love to do that!

I also forgot 28 Days Later which whilst not technically a zombie film, I'm counting it.

Yes I have made plans for Z day, you would be a fool not to, all these films can't all be lies.

I'm going down the Shaun route; cricket bat and a good supply of bar snacks.

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"What was the one in the Big Brother House called? That was good, I quite fancied Divina as a zombie!

OMG how could I forget that! It was called 'Dead Set' very good, especially when they bashed in the brains of the zombie big brother contestants, I'd love to do that!

I also forgot 28 Days Later which whilst not technically a zombie film, I'm counting it.

Yes I have made plans for Z day, you would be a fool not to, all these films can't all be lies.

I'm going down the Shaun route; cricket bat and a good supply of bar snacks."

That's the one! Brilliant!

Why on earth they didn't just shoot the bad guy and stay inside and wait for the zombies to rot I never understood...

over a year ago

i am always on the alert, always zombie spotting, you just have to open your eyes and look around....

they are amongst us.

A believer.

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"i am always on the alert, always zombie spotting, you just have to open your eyes and look around....

they are amongst us.

A believer."

....shhhhh...some of them are on here...

over a year ago

really, not spotted any yet....

always alert

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"really, not spotted any yet....

always alert"

Rugby and HPC banned them all but... they're here still, watching, waiting.

over a year ago

lurking ?

waiting in the shadows...

dragging one foot behind the other

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Sean of the Dead...hilarious

over a year ago

Femme, you could just kick a zombie with your heels, quote " killer heels"

always the head though !!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Femme, you could just kick a zombie with your heels, quote " killer heels"

always the head though !!"

ooooooooh hadnt thought of that.....id probably fall over

over a year ago

ssok i have your back, go for it .........

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"ssok i have your back, go for it ........."
its not me back im concerned about

over a year ago

they move slow so you should be ok, to kick wobble then run.

over a year ago

My favourite is the spoof Shaun of the Dead, its brilliant, im that sad I know most of the lines, have watched it that often. other than that I really enjoyed Dead Set too and I have seen Zombieland, it was good but not my fave

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

merge 3 episodes of Jeremy Kyle together... it's zombiefest.

yu will shit yursel..

By *iceguydaveMan
over a year ago

Monmouth

I love a good zombie flick, ever since the original Romero ones, and thought Zombieland was a great update of the idea. The TV show you mentioned (OP) is The Walking Dead, based on the award winning comic book.

Yes, I'm a saddo and I have the comics (70 odd issues) and love 'em. As usual though with such things, I'm worried that the TV version will get it wrong.. but, bizarrely they have cast Andrew Lincoln (remember him from This Life?) in the lead role as ex-cop turned leader of a group of survivors, Rick Grimes.

Why do US TV shows seem to like casting Brit actors as Americans these days? (House, the Wire, etc.) Are we just cheap? ..well, I know *I* am, but..

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I love a good zombie flick, ever since the original Romero ones, and thought Zombieland was a great update of the idea. The TV show you mentioned (OP) is The Walking Dead, based on the award winning comic book.

Yes, I'm a saddo and I have the comics (70 odd issues) and love 'em. As usual though with such things, I'm worried that the TV version will get it wrong.. but, bizarrely they have cast Andrew Lincoln (remember him from This Life?) in the lead role as ex-cop turned leader of a group of survivors, Rick Grimes.

Why do US TV shows seem to like casting Brit actors as Americans these days? (House, the Wire, etc.) Are we just cheap? ..well, I know *I* am, but.."

I like Andrew Lincon..hes a kick arse actor...we have some mighty fine actors here...we make shite , they have better writers....easy

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"I love a good zombie flick, ever since the original Romero ones, and thought Zombieland was a great update of the idea. The TV show you mentioned (OP) is The Walking Dead, based on the award winning comic book.

Why do US TV shows seem to like casting Brit actors as Americans these days? (House, the Wire, etc.) Are we just cheap? ..well, I know *I* am, but..I like Andrew Lincon..hes a kick arse actor...we have some mighty fine actors here...we make shite , they have better writers....easy "

Sooooo looking forward to this TV show. The trailer pretty much ticks every zombie box, awesome!

I will have it downloaded by Nov 1 you can get the first episode now on bittorrent even though it doesn't air until halloween but I will wait for the hi def

Apparently it's very faithful to the comic books and even replicates identical scenes photo-perfect from the pages of the books.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

Why do US TV shows seem to like casting Brit actors as Americans these days? (House, the Wire, etc.) Are we just cheap? ..well, I know *I* am, but..I like Andrew Lincon..hes a kick arse actor...we have some mighty fine actors here...we make shite , they have better writers....easy

Sooooo looking forward to this TV show. The trailer pretty much ticks every zombie box, awesome!

I will have it downloaded by Nov 1 you can get the first episode now on bittorrent even though it doesn't air until halloween but I will wait for the hi def

Apparently it's very faithful to the comic books and even replicates identical scenes photo-perfect from the pages of the books."

You don't have to wait there is a pre air copy out now! IM WATCHING IT

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Why do US TV shows seem to like casting Brit actors as Americans these days? (House, the Wire, etc.) Are we just cheap? ..well, I know *I* am, but..I like Andrew Lincon..hes a kick arse actor...we have some mighty fine actors here...we make shite , they have better writers....easy

Apparently it's very faithful to the comic books and even replicates identical scenes photo-perfect from the pages of the books.

You don't have to wait there is a pre air copy out now! IM WATCHING IT "

See I was holding off for the hi def version on Monday but you've made me trigger happy now. Grrrrrr

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

See I was holding off for the hi def version on Monday but you've made me trigger happy now. Grrrrrr "

he he he i've sent you the link!

The bit where he goes down the stair well in darkness lighting matches is a good opener

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

See I was holding off for the hi def version on Monday but you've made me trigger happy now. Grrrrrr

The bit where he goes down the stair well in darkness lighting matches is a good opener "

LOL cheers mate!

over a year ago

from what it said in bizarre thw walking dead tv show is not going to follow the comic book's stoy to much because to many fanz no the story so thay have put in new characters and story lines... but it looks v v good so am going to get the dvd when it come;s out....

By *iceguydaveMan
over a year ago

Monmouth

The bit where he goes down the stair well in darkness lighting matches is a good opener

LOL cheers mate!"

Got round to watching The Walking Dead season opener at last and very impressed - Frank Darabont (of Shawshank and Green Mile) seems to be doing a great job with this. Can't wait to see how it develops. And Andrew Lincoln is bliimin' good, I'd almost instantly forgotten he was also in Love Actually

over a year ago

is it to late to see the first of the series, have put it on planner but the first one is on friday, assume this will be no 2?

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"is it to late to see the first of the series, have put it on planner but the first one is on friday, assume this will be no 2?"

Nah they are talking in US TV time.

The UK premiere on FX is Friday I think, so you haven't missed anything.

over a year ago

brill thanks for that, love all zombie films

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Well I have watched all 6 episodes of Walking Dead now and it was awesome, totally zombietastic!

Shame they didn't make more but it was down to money and wanting to see if it would be popular - They have already announced they are making series two though and this time with 12 episodes!

Anyone else enjoyed it?

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"Well I have watched all 6 episodes of Walking Dead now and it was awesome, totally zombietastic!

Shame they didn't make more but it was down to money and wanting to see if it would be popular - They have already announced they are making series two though and this time with 12 episodes!

Anyone else enjoyed it?"

I'm waiting to borrow it off a mate. It sounds really promising.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

I've shagged a few zombies - don't want to watch them on film too!!!

By *urreyfun2008Man
over a year ago

East Grinstead

Walking Dead - not a zombie classic.

Who gets themselves locked into a tank and does not think about moving it?

Some of the make up looks ok, but then you see the big bump in the arm they've added to make it look deep like a bite!

over a year ago

Do Rob Zombie films count?

By *yronMan
over a year ago

grangemouth

"What was the one in the Big Brother House called? That was good, I quite fancied Divina as a zombie!

I'm going down the Shaun route; cricket bat and a good supply of bar snacks."

I thought 28 days later was a zombie film - and a bloody good one at that!

over a year ago

enjoyes walking dead and hope they make more, it was flawed and abit slow at times but all in all a good series

By *obletonMan
over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

"My favourite is the spoof Shaun of the Dead, its brilliant, im that sad I know most of the lines, have watched it that often. other than that I really enjoyed Dead Set too and I have seen Zombieland, it was good but not my fave "

I loved Shaun of the dead, but thought Zombieland kicked its arse (not enough cardio lol) - The Bill Murray cameo was genius!

Anyone remember Return of the living dead?

Brrraaaaiiinnssss!!!! anyone?

By *oDownEasyMan
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Im loving the Walking Dead, and am really happy series 2 will be there, as I was annoyed s.1 finishes so soon.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"Well I have watched all 6 episodes of Walking Dead now and it was awesome, totally zombietastic!

Anyone else enjoyed it?"

Good while it lasted but only 6 episodes out of the US! Now that's short. Bring on season 2.

Post new Message to Thread