Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

general elections

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

just wanted to know peoples thoughts about the general elections and who people were going to vote for!!! im undecided whether to go back to labour who spend willy nilly or the government thats in power now, although the spending cuts have made a differences dont see the full benefit......thoughts

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"just wanted to know peoples thoughts about the general elections and who people were going to vote for!!! im undecided whether to go back to labour who spend willy nilly or the government thats in power now, although the spending cuts have made a differences dont see the full benefit......thoughts "

It's hard for anyone to tell you what to do.... But if you're loaded the Tories are best for you, if you think all the foreigners should go back where they came from, vote UKIP, otherwise maybe vote Labour.... . .? Your choice.

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

"just wanted to know peoples thoughts about the general elections and who people were going to vote for!!! im undecided whether to go back to labour who spend willy nilly or the government thats in power now, although the spending cuts have made a differences dont see the full benefit......thoughts

It's hard for anyone to tell you what to do.... But if you're loaded the Tories are best for you, if you think all the foreigners should go back where they came from, vote UKIP, otherwise maybe vote Labour.... . .? Your choice. "

Just to be fair, ukip do not think all foreigners should go back to where they came from.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My thoughts are that there are a surprisingly large amount of right wing swingers.

I'll be voting labour. Not because I support them, but because they're not a piss in the wind and they're better than the current scum.

By *earboynottinghamMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

Around 26 millions votes will be effectively wasted across the UK's constituencies as a result of our broken electoral system.

over a year ago

All I will say about your comments on the cuts and whether or not you are seeing the benefits, this may be because most people are only beginning to see things improving in their lives and so many may feel it is way to early to tell if it's working.

Things may have got better sooner if it hadn't been for the crisis in the Euro zone, but that's one of the problems when you trade with other countries (not that I'm saying we shouldn't, lol). What I mean is that if foreign economies hit hard times, they spend less on the exports from other countries.

It is, of course, entirely up to you who to vote for, but I know exactly where i'll be placing my cross on Thursday

By *earboynottinghamMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"just wanted to know peoples thoughts about the general elections and who people were going to vote for!!! im undecided whether to go back to labour who spend willy nilly or the government thats in power now, although the spending cuts have made a differences dont see the full benefit......thoughts

It's hard for anyone to tell you what to do.... But if you're loaded the Tories are best for you, if you think all the foreigners should go back where they came from, vote UKIP, otherwise maybe vote Labour.... . .? Your choice.

Just to be fair, ukip do not think all foreigners should go back to where they came from. "

Farage is hardly going to send his Mrs. Back to Germany is he?

over a year ago

It's hard for anyone to tell you what to do.... But if you're loaded the Tories are best for you, if you think all the foreigners should go back where they came from, vote UKIP, otherwise maybe vote Labour.... . .? Your choice. "

And if you're poor the Tories are best for

you

over a year ago

How Charming

By *ants Horse Hung CockMan
over a year ago

co durham

"Around 26 millions votes will be effectively wasted across the UK's constituencies as a result of our broken electoral system.

"

Yep. No matter who i vote we get labour on our area. And my vote isnt counted in the big pucture, just in the constituency

over a year ago

"Around 26 millions votes will be effectively wasted across the UK's constituencies as a result of our broken electoral system.

"

its broken becauce the vast majority of ppl are sick to death of the broken promises and downright lies we get fed on a daily basis.the manifesto's of these parties will meen jack shit on friday

over a year ago

We aren't loaded , but definately conservative here .

The country can't just keep spending money it hasn't got and it's in a much better state now than it was when they took over .

over a year ago

lol well said lol

over a year ago

"We aren't loaded , but definately conservative here .

The country can't just keep spending money it hasn't got and it's in a much better state now than it was when they took over .

"

The country has no choice but to spend money it hasn't got.

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

I would have voted either Labour or Lib Dem had I been in a marginal seat but I'm in a very safe Labour seat so I'll be voting TUSC.

over a year ago

i can agree with that to a certain extent i would wonder how the ecomony would be in the next 5 years conservatives are in power

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

The country has no choice but to spend money it hasn't got."

What have the Tories been doing for the past 5 years if they've not been spending money they don't have?

over a year ago

The country has no choice but to spend money it hasn't got."

True , but it's the fact that labour seem not to care how much they spend . It seems like they happily just keep borrowing more , selling our gold to balance the books , and then leaving the Tories to sort out the mess they get us into .

By *REEN GRASSMan
over a year ago

worcester

If u vote labour we will go backwards to where we were 5yrs ago. That being in the shit up to our necks, at least now we are only in it upto out waists. Vote labour go back, vote conservative March on forward.

over a year ago

Over the last 2 years at least 2 of our politicians had to stop shouting at each other and came up with a few sensible compromises which kept us in the hunt just about. I'm hoping we get another 5 years of it. If you live in a liberal constituency vote liberal. If in a conservative one, vote for them. The other lot will just waste your money and bags of it.

I have absolute personal proof of their squandering ways and lack of judgment.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ukip

over a year ago

The only two parties near me that have any nope of being in power is Tories and ukip

My choice will be based on who is best for my local area x

over a year ago

The country has no choice but to spend money it hasn't got.

True , but it's the fact that labour seem not to care how much they spend . It seems like they happily just keep borrowing more , selling our gold to balance the books , and then leaving the Tories to sort out the mess they get us into ."

That's just party political spin bullshit.

The choice ought to be between the current government - spending money we haven't got for no real benefit except to their funders and rich pals..

Or

an alternative party that would spend to invest in things that would give confidence in a prosperous future.

Unfortunately the option currently being provided by Labour is just a less shit version of the current offering.

over a year ago

i will be glad when its friday an no more bloody politics lol .it dont matter who u vote for if u got money you will be fine if your poor your screwed.have a nice day

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

"i will be glad when its friday an no more bloody politics lol .it dont matter who u vote for if u got money you will be fine if your poor your screwed.have a nice day "

Just wait for the fallout from Friday when no one has a clear majority.

over a year ago

General Election? Is there one soon then?

over a year ago

"i will be glad when its friday an no more bloody politics lol .it dont matter who u vote for if u got money you will be fine if your poor your screwed.have a nice day

Just wait for the fallout from Friday when no one has a clear majority. "

Yep this is gonna go on for ages

over a year ago

yes on the 7th may x

over a year ago

Conservatives are doing a fantastic job. Over the last five years our,food bank industry has rocketed

over a year ago

"i will be glad when its friday an no more bloody politics lol .it dont matter who u vote for if u got money you will be fine if your poor your screwed.have a nice day

Just wait for the fallout from Friday when no one has a clear majority. "

i would say thats more than likely .i do hope clegg loses his seat though

over a year ago

I think the OP has asked the question in a really sensible, concise way. I wish other people would answer in a similar way and not try to shout down any view they don't agree with nasty rhetoric. He's just asking for a bit of advice.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Tell you what, we've not had one leaflet, campaigner, or foghorn going of in my street

over a year ago

"Conservatives are doing a fantastic job. Over the last five years our,food bank industry has rocketed "

900.000 used the food banks between 2013/14 which is an absolute disgrace

over a year ago

"I think the OP has asked the question in a really sensible, concise way. I wish other people would answer in a similar way and not try to shout down any view they don't agree with nasty rhetoric. He's just asking for a bit of advice. "

He asked for thoughts. He's getting them

over a year ago

If you want the country left undefended with thousands and thousands of brave men and women out of work. Vote Green!!!!

(I've heard they are pretty good at a local level too as long as you don't want your bins collected and investment in public services)

over a year ago

Who really gives a shit there going to do what they want to do not what you want them to do

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"If you want the country left undefended with thousands and thousands of brave men and women out of work. Vote Green!!!!

(I've heard they are pretty good at a local level too as long as you don't want your bins collected and investment in public services)

There have been strikes by binmen in Brighton under other administrations as well as Green. It's difficult for any incumbent administration to increase it's level of investment if the overall income is cut by central government and they don't want to affect local services.

"

over a year ago

"Conservatives are doing a fantastic job. Over the last five years our,food bank industry has rocketed

900.000 used the food banks between 2013/14 which is an absolute disgrace"

And the more food banks that open the more people will use them and not out of necessity

over a year ago

Just a brief point about the EdStone.

Millipede launched it to try to encourage the electorate to trust him on his pledges (which to be fair, are more aspirations than pledges and are also meaningless and unmeasureable) - by showing that they are 'set in stone'

I was watching yesterday's Daily Politics and Andre Neal brought up a very valid point.

How do you measure 'An NHS with time to care' or the one about immigration. There are no quantitative targets to be measured by.

And only today, the Labour Party's Vice-Chair of their election campaign, Lucy Powell was quoted as having said during an interview on Radio 5 live 'I don't think anyone is suggesting that the fact that he's carved them into stone means that he is absolutely not going to break them or anything like that.'

In response to Ms Powell's 5 live comments, Conservative Party chairman Grant Shapps said: "Labour know Ed Miliband has no intention of keeping the promises he makes during the election campaign - his sums simply don't add up.

"£30,000 worth of limestone doesn't change the fact that Ed Miliband will say one thing and do another.'

So, even when they're not in government the Labour Party wastes money.

Add to that the story that broke yesterday about Ed Ball's bouncing cheques to a glazing firm.

He had paid a bill with a cheque from his and his wife, Yvette Cooper's joint account - which was returned by the bank with 'No Account' stamped on it. In response, Ed Balls sent another cheque - from the same account - which also bounced for the same reason.

Also, the numbers on the bottom of the cheques clearly show that two other cheques had been used after the first one had been sent.

How can anyone possibly think that Ed Balls should be put in charge of the country's finances.

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I vote Tory broadly because I believe in their policies but also because sooner or later the North East will wake up. People have to realise that while ever it is a strong Labour area the Tories won't spend money has they have no chance of winning and Labour don't have to as it doesn't matter what they do they will still win the seat.

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

"Conservatives are doing a fantastic job. Over the last five years our,food bank industry has rocketed

And the more food banks that open the more people will use them and not out of necessity"

Not according to the food banks themselves. They have stated from their own experiences and research that the benefit sanctions directly impact the demand for their services in a big way.

over a year ago

"If you want the country left undefended with thousands and thousands of brave men and women out of work. Vote Green!!!!

There have been strikes by binmen in Brighton under other administrations as well as Green. It's difficult for any incumbent administration to increase it's level of investment if the overall income is cut by central government and they don't want to affect local services.

"

Whilst I respect your input as a resident of Brighton Steve I'm afraid as I read it in the Daily Mail it must be true

Although as you said both points are in fact true anyway

You know Maggie would have sorted them bin men out!!

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

"

Made more difficult when the Greens run the Council as a minority, with Tories and Labour regularly tactically voting to defeat their proposals.

over a year ago

Made more difficult when the Greens run the Council as a minority, with Tories and Labour regularly tactically voting to defeat their proposals. "

Good to see teamwork in action

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

Made more difficult when the Greens run the Council as a minority, with Tories and Labour regularly tactically voting to defeat their proposals.

Good to see teamwork in action "

Aye, credit where it's due. Rather that than misrepresenting the facts.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I hope my left of central political views don't cost me in lost opportunities to have sex with people.

over a year ago

To be honest, we're all in the same crappy position of being governed by a bunch of (mainly) incompetent out-of-touch lying cheating shysters no matter who gets in.

Will be voting as a matter of principle though.

Guy Fawkes was the only person to enter Parliament with honest intentions.

over a year ago

And the more food banks that open the more people will use them and not out of necessity

Not according to the food banks themselves. They have stated from their own experiences and research that the benefit sanctions directly impact the demand for their services in a big way. "

So whats the answer? Give people more benefits or create jobs for them?

over a year ago

Not according to the food banks themselves. They have stated from their own experiences and research that the benefit sanctions directly impact the demand for their services in a big way.

So whats the answer? Give people more benefits or create jobs for them?"

Or look carefully into the needs and operations of food banks - starting with those profiting by setting them up.

over a year ago

Or look carefully into the needs and operations of food banks - starting with those profiting by setting them up.

"

exactly

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

So whats the answer? Give people more benefits or create jobs for them?"

Maybe stopping sanctions for silly reasons?

Having your benefits stopped because you can't attend the JobCentre at a set time because you have a job interview seems to defeat the purpose to me.

Making someone 50+ who's worked all their life up to that point apply for jobs for which they don't meet the criteria, they don't have access to home internet to complete all the applications, and when they don't you sanction them - that particular case was featured on NewsNight.

over a year ago

There's loads of jobs out there, everyone on benefits is doing them for nothing though.

Think the whole system needs an overhaul, it's not working for most people.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

No matter which party or coalition of parties gets into Government, they will have little impact on the UK economy as it's influenced so much by the global economy.

I swing both ways anyway

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

You need to read up on them and decide who is better for YOU and your local area.

I, personally, have been on benefits under Labour amd worked under Labour.

I have also been on benefits under the Tories and worked under the Tories.

Under the Tories, I have been better off each time, but that's my personal experience (on benefits, Labour seemed to offer me everything on a plate, but then I felt I was being penalised at every corner when I tried to get back into work, whereas the help while Tories were in power was basic but there were more back-to-work programmes, apprenticeships and help finding your feet again).

And no, we're not rich or living in a nice house in a nice area. We are normal minimum-wage working people.

So think back on your own experiences, where you want to be in the next couple of years and vote accordingly.

By *earboynottinghamMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"You need to read up on them and decide who is better for YOU and your local area.

I, personally, have been on benefits under Labour amd worked under Labour.

I have also been on benefits under the Tories and worked under the Tories.

Under the Tories, I have been better off each time, but that's my personal experience (on benefits, Labour seemed to offer me everything on a plate, but then I felt I was being penalised at every corner when I tried to get back into work, whereas the help while Tories were in power was basic but there were more back-to-work programmes, apprenticeships and help finding your feet again).

And no, we're not rich or living in a nice house in a nice area. We are normal minimum-wage working people.

So think back on your own experiences, where you want to be in the next couple of years and vote accordingly. "

Garbage.

The Tories have actually got rid of a lot of the support for people moving from benefits into employment.

You used to get 2 weeks jsa after finding a job and you could until 2013 get a jobs grant when you moved into employment.

By *nFairnessMan
over a year ago

The Four Corners

lol Ukip want us out of the EU... funny considering we now heavily rely on imports and exports for our economy. ever since margeret thatcher removed trades.

conservatives want to privatize everything ( rich richer poor poorer)

you know their manifesto is shit when they spend all their time slagging off labour haha.

lib dems LOL dont have a chance. need to spend the next 4 years finding a candidate with a spine.

SNP are going to be a coalition choice... meaning whoever gives scotland more say in the UK will be more likely to get into power.

labour ... i guess they care somewhat, they did a fairly good job of fixing thatchers fuck up. ill probably vote labour

over a year ago

"

Actually, the deficit is worse than when the tories came to power, they are borrowing more, and the cuts they will be making if in power next time will hit the average person hard.

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

Labour, or conservatives, who decides,. The snp . Bring it on, its going to be fun listening to those english twats back track on there crap and sook right up sturgeons ass so they get power lol. All their manifestos mean nothing unless they get a majority, and we all know thats not going to happen.

over a year ago

"Labour, or conservatives, who decides,. The snp . Bring it on, its going to be fun listening to those english twats back track on there crap and sook right up sturgeons ass so they get power lol. All their manifestos mean nothing unless they get a majority, and we all know thats not going to happen. "

They don't decide. Sturgeon has been pretty clear about who can suck her ass.

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

. The current government have

1. Seen the FTSE at an all time high

2. Created in excess of one and a half million new jobs

3.Both car sales and exports are at at all time high .

This is a very good record considering the state of the economy under a labour government .

We. should be gratefull to David Cameron for all his achievements .

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

Actually, the deficit is worse than when the tories came to power, they are borrowing more, and the cuts they will be making if in power next time will hit the average person hard."

The unfortunate fact is that you don't know the difference between the national debt and the deficit and you have the ability to vote.

Scary stuff.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

If you look closer at the FTSE, you'll see that the majority of the companies listed are global not UK based so it is the global economy that is mainly driving the FTSE up, not Camerons policies. That view is too simplistic because a country's economy is more complicated and relies very little on the policies of any one political party.

Cameron lied about the number of nurses - he has been quoted as saying the number of nurses increased to 700,000 but that number included other jobs not just nurses. This can be checked on the BBC news election reality check section.

over a year ago

Just to be fair, ukip do not think all foreigners should go back to where they came from. "

I have no idea why people say that

They have never said they are kicking all foreigners out

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"Just a brief point about the EdStone.

Millipede launched it to try to encourage the electorate to trust him on his pledges (which to be fair, are more aspirations than pledges and are also meaningless and unmeasureable) - by showing that they are 'set in stone'

I was watching yesterday's Daily Politics and Andre Neal brought up a very valid point.

How do you measure 'An NHS with time to care' or the one about immigration. There are no quantitative targets to be measured by.

And only today, the Labour Party's Vice-Chair of their election campaign, Lucy Powell was quoted as having said during an interview on Radio 5 live 'I don't think anyone is suggesting that the fact that he's carved them into stone means that he is absolutely not going to break them or anything like that.'

In response to Ms Powell's 5 live comments, Conservative Party chairman Grant Shapps said: "Labour know Ed Miliband has no intention of keeping the promises he makes during the election campaign - his sums simply don't add up.

"£30,000 worth of limestone doesn't change the fact that Ed Miliband will say one thing and do another.'

So, even when they're not in government the Labour Party wastes money.

Add to that the story that broke yesterday about Ed Ball's bouncing cheques to a glazing firm.

He had paid a bill with a cheque from his and his wife, Yvette Cooper's joint account - which was returned by the bank with 'No Account' stamped on it. In response, Ed Balls sent another cheque - from the same account - which also bounced for the same reason.

Also, the numbers on the bottom of the cheques clearly show that two other cheques had been used after the first one had been sent.

How can anyone possibly think that Ed Balls should be put in charge of the country's finances. "

Stunning. Ed B does have a way about him, and as a Chancellor.... FEK!!!! but all the way through this Ed M, will change the manifesto or add to it at will, (education was added as a result of the question time audience interviews). He has gone question non-doms since Balls' hiccup saying taxing them will have them all leave, and the abolition on zero hrs contracts has moved to 12 weeks to now only exploitative zero hours contracts. He is a sound bite leader desperate for votes.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"

eh??? they are a free service run by volunteers! Who would be profiteering???

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

"Labour, or conservatives, who decides,. The snp . Bring it on, its going to be fun listening to those english twats back track on there crap and sook right up sturgeons ass so they get power lol. All their manifestos mean nothing unless they get a majority, and we all know thats not going to happen.

They don't decide. Sturgeon has been pretty clear about who can suck her ass.

"

clearly did not read the quote correctly .

By *illiamlook13Man
over a year ago

comber

We need a change in government no lab or con if we did not have them we would save a lot of money,let them get a job wrking away for home for two weeks and living in a truck

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

Actually, the deficit is worse than when the tories came to power, they are borrowing more, and the cuts they will be making if in power next time will hit the average person hard.

The unfortunate fact is that you don't know the difference between the national debt and the deficit and you have the ability to vote.

Scary stuff."

Even more scary if you do know the difference, and still on here trying to convince people that the Tories are not economically illiterate, eh?

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

"Conservatives are doing a fantastic job. Over the last five years our,food bank industry has rocketed "

Funny how propaganda blinds people to the truth.

Question who was in power when food banks were introduced into the UK?

Answer Labour during the boom times of the Tony Blair years but Labour refused to allow Job Centres to refer benefit claimants to food banks. (First UK food bank opened in Salisbury in 2000)

The Trussell Trust (who run a high proportion of food banks) say that on average people needed two food bank vouchers annually that means people are not relying on food banks as the propaganda makes out.

Who brought in the bedroom tax?

Answer Labour under Gordon Brown, they introduced the restriction on Housing Benefit for tenants of private landlords in 2008; the Conservatives extended the restriction to include those who rented “social housing”.

Who has privatised more of the NHS?

Again the answer is Labour, not only have they privatised more of the NHS they have loaded more costs onto the NHS with their PPI initiative that has left hospitals paying vast sums annually to private companies who are attempting to pay of vastly inflated costs of the new hospitals built.

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

Just to be fair, ukip do not think all foreigners should go back to where they came from.

Farage is hardly going to send his Mrs. Back to Germany is he?"

I think he his having a hard time keeping her under house-arrest in a third-world country

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I think the Bedroom Tax was introduced by the Conservative Party not the Labour Party as part of the Welfare Reform Act in 2012, introduced by Iain Duncan Smith.

That's what wikipedia say anyway.

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

"I think the Bedroom Tax was introduced by the Conservative Party not the Labour Party as part of the Welfare Reform Act in 2012, introduced by Iain Duncan Smith.

That's what wikipedia say anyway. "

No, that is wrong. It was called a bedroom tax when it was introduced to the social housing network. Labour introduced it to private housing previously and all that the coalition did was even out the anomaly and apply it to all rented accommodation.

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

"I think the Bedroom Tax was introduced by the Conservative Party not the Labour Party as part of the Welfare Reform Act in 2012, introduced by Iain Duncan Smith.

That's what wikipedia say anyway. "

Wikipedia is not a very accurate source of information anyone can add or amend any entry in wikipedia.

Try doing a general search for Local Housing Allowance.

It was actually brought in under Tony Blair in 2002 and changed under Gordon Brown in 2008.

The point is if it is so bad why did Labour’s most successful parliament not only bring it in for private tenants and having run it for 6 years not abolish it under Gordon Brown?

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

Scary stuff.

Even more scary if you do know the difference, and still on here trying to convince people that the Tories are not economically illiterate, eh? "

Still stalking?

You carry on believing the theory and I will carry on living my life. I know what works for me.

over a year ago

I agree with the lady that said you should vote on your own experience of how the system treated you when a particular party was in power.

Without going through it all again the tax credit system was Fundamentally flawed when it was set up by the then labour administration. I have my own proof of it and it was a thoroughly unpleasant experience brought about by people who didn't have a clue how to enforce the rules. I would never vote for a party that is going to tip a load more money down that particular black hole, which is what labour is promising to do.

over a year ago

"Or look carefully into the needs and operations of food banks - starting with those profiting by setting them up.

eh??? they are a free service run by volunteers! Who would be profiteering??? "

The Trussell Trust, spawned by The Shaftesbury Partnership is anything but voluntary. If you look into the background you'll note they know a good investment!

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

Scary stuff.

Even more scary if you do know the difference, and still on here trying to convince people that the Tories are not economically illiterate, eh?

Still stalking?

You carry on believing the theory and I will carry on living my life. I know what works for me."

Still crying? I guess you are getting practice in early for Friday!

over a year ago

sent my postal vote in last week so all these politicians whoring themselves for my vote was a waste of time..UKIP

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

Sounds like your vote was a waste of time too.

over a year ago

Still a lot to be done...

Conservative as always for me

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

My wages have been cut ... I now have to work longer hours to make ends meet

The conservatives. ...rob the poor to give to the rich

At least dick turpin wore a mask ...

By *andemanMan
over a year ago

bedforshire

Ok a couple of facts.

In 1946 a british billion was a million millions. Now it is 1000 millions(us billion) the national debt is 9 times smaller than when we built the NHS and the welfare state.

Ed Balls might bounce cheques but Osborne dodges tax to the tune of 800k. In the old days legal or not he would have been sacked by a PM.

Ukip are zeniphobes. The country has a massive need for imagination becouse most Brits will not clean the streets as a job and I for one do not like Dog Shit on my shoes. Further without foreign nurses and Doctors people would die waiting to be seen at A&E (too many do already)

I am not keen on spend thrift or skinflint politicians but I hate liers!

What ever you vote just look closely at the facts and not swollow the lies.

Common sense and a wee bit of research will steer you right I am sure.

over a year ago

It's hard for anyone to tell you what to do.... But if you're loaded the Tories are best for you, if you think all the foreigners should go back where they came from, vote UKIP, otherwise maybe vote Labour.... . .? Your choice. . The current government have

1. Seen the FTSE at an all time high

2. Created in excess of one and a half million new jobs

3.Both car sales and exports are at at all time high .

This is a very good record considering the state of the economy under a labour government .

We. should be gratefull to David Cameron for all his achievements ."

The UK trade deficit is at a 4 year low!.

The FTSE is at an all time high because of the massive debt we've given them interest free!.

The million and a half jobs are low paid meaning were subsidising there wages with tax, alot are zero hour contracts meaning they have zero worth of credibility.

Car sales are at 1998 levels not an all time high, again mostly bolstered by that cheap debt that Tory supporters moan about!

I thank David Cameron for nothing especially not his blatant lies about the nhs

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

[Removed by poster at 06/05/15 12:54:54]

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

But to be fair ukip are a party that appears to have no policies and are a party of bigots....

By *inkyHnSCouple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

For us we both know we will be voting SNP tomorrow.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Pollsters can't decide who'll win the election campaign on Tiree.

They're saying it's too close to Coll.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Bloody Wikipedia!!!!!!

By *hattyman80Man
over a year ago

stockport

Tomorrow I'll be voting labour because since the conservatives came to power its felt like they've been fucking us in the ass without lube. How rude!! Lots of broken promises and I've had effectively a pay cut every year for the last five years. We need to pay towards the deficit I agree but the deficit is like a mortgage. You spread it over 25+ years you don't try and pay it all off in just 5 years

over a year ago

Blame the cuts for the lack of lube. We're in it together..

By *hattyman80Man
over a year ago

stockport

"Blame the cuts for the lack of lube. We're in it together.."

I wouldn't mind stapping a hedgehog to a stick and giving that to Cameron's arse without lube for the mess he's made of running the country lol

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I'm a dyed in the wool Leftie I'm afraid. Austerity measures haven't worked so far other than make most of the people I know worse off. The recovery that has started to happen would have happened regardless when you break down the figures as to where it's happening. The coalition is borrowing more money than Labour did. And the whole economic policy is skewed towards helping those with money receive more under the guise of everyone being in it together. I've had a pay freeze for 5 years due to austerity. And their funding cuts have a real impact on those people I deal with on a day to day basis. So yes, I know how I'm voting. And I always vote. And still get the sense of the weight of history I did the first time I could vote in an election in my early twenties.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Tomorrow I'll be voting labour because since the conservatives came to power its felt like they've been fucking us in the ass without lube. How rude!! Lots of broken promises and I've had effectively a pay cut every year for the last five years. We need to pay towards the deficit I agree but the deficit is like a mortgage. You spread it over 25+ years you don't try and pay it all off in just 5 years "

And you especially don't try to pay it off with money taken from people who already have very little.

over a year ago

"I'm a dyed in the wool Leftie I'm afraid. Austerity measures haven't worked so far other than make most of the people I know worse off. The recovery that has started to happen would have happened regardless when you break down the figures as to where it's happening. The coalition is borrowing more money than Labour did. And the whole economic policy is skewed towards helping those with money receive more under the guise of everyone being in it together. I've had a pay freeze for 5 years due to austerity. And their funding cuts have a real impact on those people I deal with on a day to day basis. So yes, I know how I'm voting. And I always vote. And still get the sense of the weight of history I did the first time I could vote in an election in my early twenties. "

I think Labour are disappointing at the mo. But the least worst option.

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"Tomorrow I'll be voting labour because since the conservatives came to power its felt like they've been fucking us in the ass without lube. How rude!! Lots of broken promises and I've had effectively a pay cut every year for the last five years. We need to pay towards the deficit I agree but the deficit is like a mortgage. You spread it over 25+ years you don't try and pay it all off in just 5 years "
. It is impossible to be under paid as if you believe you have the necessary skills , all you have to do is leave your current job and start a new one at a higher salary elsewhere . The independent Office for Budget Responsibility predicts that families will be £900 better off by the end of 2015 compared to 2010..

over a year ago

"It is impossible to be under paid as if you believe you have the necessary skills , all you have to do is leave your current job and start a new one at a higher salary elsewhere"

I'd like to see you justify that to nurses and teachers

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

" The independent Office for Budget Responsibility predicts that families will be £900 better off by the end of 2015 compared to 2010.. "

thats figure cherry picking i am afraid...

that may be right in "money terms" but in "real terms" which is wages vs inflation.... you'll find that people are no better off than they were in 2010... and in the public section, actually a fair amount worse off....

over a year ago

But they can just fuck off and be paid better elsewhere!

Wood for the trees - blue blue trees everywhere

over a year ago

Cherry picking you say?

There's no bigger con trick, dishonesty if you prefer than keep repeating the mantra of "Zero pay increases in the public sector".

From several people i know and know well, they've had anything but for precisely the same job/role. And not by peanuts.

over a year ago

They're not teachers then

over a year ago

"They're not teachers then"

Funny you should say that, some claim they are.

over a year ago

Conundrum :

If MP's say their pay and remuneraton is so poor, then how come so many of them are keen to retain their seat and so many many more want to become one?

And don't start on Euro MP's such as socialist Glennys Kinnock.

Or Lords Prescott, Mandleson et al.

Bad number it ain't.

over a year ago

Didnt the conservatives banned porn, squirting and face-sitting and some other fetishes last year?check out on the net,there were protests about it

what they going to ban next if they win again?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Cherry picking you say?

There's no bigger con trick, dishonesty if you prefer than keep repeating the mantra of "Zero pay increases in the public sector".

From several people i know and know well, they've had anything but for precisely the same job/role. And not by peanuts.

"

my last 5 years pay increases put on us by the government have been 0%, 0%, 1%, 1% and 1%...........

inflation during that time have run at 5%, 3%, 2%, 2% and 1.5%.........

so yes... us in the civil service and remember 95% of us are on the lowest 3 pay grades....

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It appears to me that the recession was not caused by Labour overspending in the last Parliament but because of the effects of a global recession on a global economy caused by sub prime shit in the USA and greedy bankers knowingly lending to people who could not afford to repay their loans.

The CONservatives failed in several

major areas of their 2010 promises

such as reducing the deficit, reducing

the number of immigrants and reducing

borrowing to the extent to which they promised. Proof enough for me that their brutal austerity measures are too much too soon. There is a difference between micro and macro economics and whilst quick repayment of debt for individuals is good, it's better in my opinion for an economy to borrow to

invest.

I don't trust a party who say 'we're all in this together' but give tax breaks to the rich and reduce benefits for those who have least money and the most

vulnerable in society.

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"It appears to me that the recession was not caused by Labour overspending in the last Parliament but because of the effects of a global recession on a global economy caused by sub prime shit in the USA and greedy bankers knowingly lending to people who could not afford to repay their loans.

borrowing to the extent to which they promised. Proof enough for me that their brutal austerity measures are too much too soon. There is a difference between micro and macro economics and whilst quick repayment of debt for individuals is good, it's better in my opinion for an economy to borrow to

invest.

I don't trust a party who say 'we're all in this together' but give tax breaks to the rich and reduce benefits for those who have least money and the most

vulnerable in society.

"

. I was unaware of any tax breaks to the rich. The best paid 1 % contribute 27 % of all tax revenue .The top 0.1 % of earners are paying 12 % of all income tax which is a record high .

over a year ago

I think its a choice of coalitions...

1) Tories + UKIP = an absolute disaster, savage cuts, followed by a botched EU referendum which sees us crash out of the Euro and join Greece.

2) Labour + SNP + Green = probably the most interesting and progressive result imo. Not frightened about SNP at all, in fact they could be quite a nice fresh voice.

3) Tories + Lib Dems + UKIP + DUP + Plaid Cymru + SLP + Raving Monster Looney Party + Bob The Builder + Kermit The Frog = What the fuck?!?! A total nightmare liable to collapse within days

My personal prediction? Cameron will win by 1 or 2 seats, try and win the consent of the house of commons and fail, with the Queen stomping out in a hissy fit. Milliband will then follow and win. The resulting coalition will last a while but may well fracture, causing an early election which will either return another hung parliament, at which voting reform will be passed through to sole the problem or, if Boris is heading up the tories, he'll see in a Tory majority and go on to keep that majority for the following parliament... just purely because he's the only character in politics and people tend to vote for characters. We shall see

One thing's for sure it won't be what a recent LA Times article suggested could be the case... Tory + Labour lol

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

"I think its a choice of coalitions...

1) Tories + UKIP = an absolute disaster, savage cuts, followed by a botched EU referendum which sees us crash out of the Euro and join Greece.

2) Labour + SNP + Green = probably the most interesting and progressive result imo. Not frightened about SNP at all, in fact they could be quite a nice fresh voice.

3) Tories + Lib Dems + UKIP + DUP + Plaid Cymru + SLP + Raving Monster Looney Party + Bob The Builder + Kermit The Frog = What the fuck?!?! A total nightmare liable to collapse within days

My personal prediction? Cameron will win by 1 or 2 seats, try and win the consent of the house of commons and fail, with the Queen stomping out in a hissy fit. Milliband will then follow and win. The resulting coalition will last a while but may well fracture, causing an early election which will either return another hung parliament, at which voting reform will be passed through to sole the problem or, if Boris is heading up the tories, he'll see in a Tory majority and go on to keep that majority for the following parliament... just purely because he's the only character in politics and people tend to vote for characters. We shall see

One thing's for sure it won't be what a recent LA Times article suggested could be the case... Tory + Labour lol "

See when I keep telling people Tories will obviously align with ukip, everyone laughs at me. Not voting in a staunch area, wasted vote so going to ....

By *anejohnkent6263Couple
over a year ago

canterbury

ive voted con all my life BUT living in kent its time to take action on immigration .....so ukip for me plus anyone living nr points of entry know the real problems ....I pity the poor people of dover ....cant even get a house or doctors school for kids ,all taken up by our friends from afar.

over a year ago

"ive voted con all my life BUT living in kent its time to take action on immigration .....so ukip for me plus anyone living nr points of entry know the real problems ....I pity the poor people of dover ....cant even get a house or doctors school for kids ,all taken up by our friends from afar."

Excellent - that's one more Tory vote pissed away

over a year ago

"It appears to me that the recession was not caused by Labour overspending in the last Parliament but because of the effects of a global recession on a global economy caused by sub prime shit in the USA and greedy bankers knowingly lending to people who could not afford to repay their loans.

invest.

vulnerable in society.

"

The recession WAS absolutely caused by Nu-Labour and their policies.

Didn't Brown boast that there'd be no "boom and bust" on his watch. Oh yeah. Cunt.

What *triggered* it was the liquidity crisis caused by the collapse of the sub-prime and CDO's situations.

over a year ago

"3) Tories + Lib Dems + UKIP + DUP + Plaid Cymru + SLP + Raving Monster Looney Party + Bob The Builder + Kermit The Frog = What the fuck?!?! A total nightmare liable to collapse within days

"

Kermit the frog running the country would be awesome actually. why isn't he running?

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"3) Tories + Lib Dems + UKIP + DUP + Plaid Cymru + SLP + Raving Monster Looney Party + Bob The Builder + Kermit The Frog = What the fuck?!?! A total nightmare liable to collapse within days

Kermit the frog running the country

would be awesome actually. why isn't

he running?"

Cos he hops!

over a year ago

There's an old saying that if you vote Tory aged 18 you've no heart. If you vote labour aged 40 you've no brain.

Kinda sums it up really

over a year ago

Who fan us a fuck session now xxx will be good lets get dirty together xxx

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

"Who fan us a fuck session now xxx will be good lets get dirty together xxx"

Are you actually shitting me?!

over a year ago

invest.

vulnerable in society.

The recession WAS absolutely caused by Nu-Labour and their policies.

Didn't Brown boast that there'd be no "boom and bust" on his watch. Oh yeah. Cunt.

What *triggered* it was the liquidity crisis caused by the collapse of the sub-prime and CDO's situations.

"

lol youve contradicted yourself as the sub prime was usa haha

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

I clearly forgot to pay my reality bill this week...

*wanders off, muttering to himself*

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Best laugh I've had all night

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

"Best laugh I've had all night "

This is bizarre?

It's not just me!

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Maybe he thought he'd typed General erections in the search box

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"Maybe he thought he'd typed General erections in the search box "

I bet Rommel had a nice one.

over a year ago

He probably started reading the previous comments and thought fuck this! Oh yes,a fuck. I fancy a fuck right now. I'll ask for one.

over a year ago

He's clearly just got out of jail... catching up on who the government is these days... and desperately wants a shag at the same time... give the guy a break lol

over a year ago

"He's clearly just got out of jail... catching up on who the government is these days... and desperately wants a shag at the same time... give the guy a break lol "

He's probably like me,interested enough to want to read about politics; not clever enough to understand what people are saying. Or should I say not informed enough? When I don't understand something I think about sex.

Post new Message to Thread