Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ticket prices

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

A huge number of Liverpool fc fans have boycotted the away game with Hull City tonight over the price of the tickets,

Good idea ? Apart from the fact they are getting beat at the moment

Do you think other teams will do the same ? and will it make the owners think about the fans ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I think some ticket prices are outrageous, especially when you get charged a booking fee on top. How are you going to buy the ticket without a booking fee? It's like buying a car, only to find that wheels and an engine are extras.

I was going to see Michael McIntyre, but at over £40, whilst I can afford it, I refuse to pay it.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I quite like the ticket pricing model they have in the Bundersleague. Some of the London Clubs pricing is obscene especially when you factor in the other costs.

over a year ago

Fair play to the Scousers, £50 is obscene and the 'big club' fans always pay more as they're always Cat A games.

With the £billions coming in to football the matchday revenue is almost incidental so clubs don't need to rip off hard working fans. It's good to see the fans finally taking a stand!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Fair play to the Scousers, £50 is obscene and the 'big club' fans always pay more as they're always Cat A games.

With the £billions coming in to football the matchday revenue is almost incidental so clubs don't need to rip off hard working fans. It's good to see the fans finally taking a stand!"

I thought they all had to sit not stand these days.

I'm always a bit shocked when people tell me they hold a season ticket, and what it cost, for a Premier League team.

over a year ago

The big thing for me as well is that hard working folk are paying the massive wages of boys who weren't clever enough at school to get proper jobs. I've stopped buying football tops and sky as i don't want my hard earnt cash paying for another ferrari.

over a year ago

Copy cats.

Leeds Utd fans have been staying away for years!

over a year ago

They'll be glad they saved their money, losing 1:0

over a year ago

"The big thing for me as well is that hard working folk are paying the massive wages of boys who weren't clever enough at school to get proper jobs. I've stopped buying football tops and sky as i don't want my hard earnt cash paying for another ferrari. "

So professional Athletes arnt clever and its not a Proper Job then

Gimp

over a year ago

I have a season ticket and also go to most away games for a prem team, i ear slightly above minimum wage, i will pay for these as long as possible, hopefullt i will always be able to as i love footy and going to the games, i also buy t shirts and otheritems from their shop. I think most players a re clever enough to have found a job they enjoy and are good at and as athletes they are a lot fitter than many people in other jobs so good for them.

It is possible to have a season ticket while earning very little, i simply budget !

Yes ticket prices are high but if they can get enough people paying it then good for them !

over a year ago

There are spelling mistakes in my msg above but i am sure people still understand what i have typed

over a year ago

Didnt The Hull City fans pay over £43 to watch at Anfield..and that can hardly be a category A match....they say what goes around comes around

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

High ticket prices are what's made premier league football family unfriendly. It used to be that parents (mainly dads) would take the sprogs to support their local team fairly regularly. The cost of tickets is prohibitive for many families to buy tickets for a few of them more than as a one off treat.

over a year ago

The only time I'm able to take my family to the football are for cup games.

But then it's usually £1 or £5 for the kids and £15 for adult tickets

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 29/04/15 08:14:49]

over a year ago

Premier League football is in serious danger of killing the goose that lays the golden egg. Without the fans and full stadia, the spectacle on TV is diminished and it will over time lose its appeal on TV.

If parents want to take their kids to games though, try the lower leagues, good atmosphere, fun day out and clubs who appreciate the support rather than viewing you as a customer from whom to extract the most amount of cash.

Post new Message to Thread