Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Carrier chance at 40

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Iv been in hospital . Was joke ing with male nurse about me finding I wife , he said become a nurse these lot will . Then I got thinking u know might be a good carrier chance , I'm not meaning just too meet a woman !, so we got talking seriously about it and to couple off other blokes said I'd be a good nurse . The male nurse said it's prob what I need too meet people do me good . So wondering had anyone made this carrier change In middle age ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Wondered what the hell you meant by carrier. Now I understand, you actually mean Career.

I don't like to point out peoples spelling mistakes and very seldom do it, so I'm not having a pop, or trying to be the 'English language police', but just trying to help in case anyone gets similarly confused.

By *wiggy2112Woman
over a year ago

some where in Yorkshire

gotta say i was confused to start with ..but gud luck and really think about what you are going to specialize in ...and university is 3 yrs of skint hard graft ...yes i did it and glad i did x

over a year ago

On a more positive note from my last comment, I would suggest that if you are seriously considering this then find out as much as you can about what's involved.

What the job entails and how much training you'll need to go through.

Be expected to work shifts.

over a year ago

To be fair on him, it could be auto correct that spelt it wrong for him. My phone does it all the time. Pain in the ducking aren't.

By *onConformistLikeUMan
over a year ago

Chorley

I would hope to have a nurse that was competent at reading and spotting spelling discrepancies. Medication can have some very similarly spelled names that have radically different effects.

If I were you I'd stay on your Carrier and keep waving your flag or whatever it is you do on there.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I am constantly thinking of changing career but the trouble is I'm too scared to take the leap! I'd love to look at something along the lines of counselling as I am often told I'm a good.listener and people seek me out to speak to about theor problems.

More recently, due to issues close to home, I have been interested in child psychology.

We are life long learners these days and it is never too late to decide what you want to be when you grow up! It's just sometimes the grown up in us clips our wings.

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"I would hope to have a nurse that was competent at reading and spotting spelling discrepancies. Medication can have some very similarly spelled names that have radically different effects.

If I were you I'd stay on your Carrier and keep waving your flag or whatever it is you do on there."

How rude

over a year ago

Thought you meant you were a carrier of some deadly disease..funny as fuck..brightened up my day!

over a year ago

"I would hope to have a nurse that was competent at reading and spotting spelling discrepancies. Medication can have some very similarly spelled names that have radically different effects.

If I were you I'd stay on your Carrier and keep waving your flag or whatever it is you do on there."

1? 10? 100? What's the difference?

over a year ago

Go for it plenty of patients would be able to relate to someone your age. And in these times plenty of people change career during there working life. it will be a massive investment in time and drop in earnings for the foreseeable though.

over a year ago

"If I were you I'd stay on your Carrier and keep waving your flag or whatever it is you do on there."

Did that feel good?

To answer the question - lots of people change career at all stages of life. If nursing isn't for you for whatever reason there are lots of similar jobs that need less qualifications.

over a year ago

Ok soz I miss spelt something Iv just got out hospital today ! . One thing I am worried about is my dyslexia ! . Maybe it's a bad idea !

By *wiggy2112Woman
over a year ago

some where in Yorkshire

"Ok soz I miss spelt something Iv just got out hospital today ! . One thing I am worried about is my dyslexia ! . Maybe it's a bad idea ! "

do not let your spelling get in the way ...they have tutors that Will support you ....trust me on that one x

over a year ago

"Ok soz I miss spelt something Iv just got out hospital today ! . One thing I am worried about is my dyslexia ! . Maybe it's a bad idea !

do not let your spelling get in the way ...they have tutors that Will support you ....trust me on that one x "

thank u x

over a year ago

Why let a bunch of random strangers comments influence your decision.

Nursing is a noble career choice. If you've got what it takes and complete the courses, go for it.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Nursing is a three year degree course and in order to be considered you need certain entry level qualifications, most of which escape me now but you can find out more online.

over a year ago

"Why let a bunch of random strangers comments influence your decision.

Nursing is a noble career choice. If you've got what it takes and complete the courses, go for it."

no I just wondered if anyone had done it ! Not what people thought off me doin it !

over a year ago

I've just switched career at the same age as you, it's a daunting thought but for me, the right move

By *ikki ShooterTV/TS
over a year ago

Epsom

"Why let a bunch of random strangers comments influence your decision.

Nursing is a noble career choice. If you've got what it takes and complete the courses, go for it."

As an ex of the NHS remember the pay sucks....... Find a rich widdow quickly

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I did it

I'd say research your chosen career thoroughly and make sure you can afford to live and study at the same time

Good luck

Post new Message to Thread