Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sad day..

Jump to newest

By *issHottieBottie OP   Woman
over a year ago

Kent

My friend went for her 20 week scan this morning and no heartbeat.

Now she has to go back in 2 days to give birth.. I can't even imagine what she's going through, I want to give Her a hug but she's not local.

I had a miscarriage years ago at 11 weeks and that was bad enough but I hadn't seen any scans or felt it moving. Nor did I have to walk around for 2 days knowing the bump under my clothes was a baby that was no longer alive..

It's just so sad.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Very sad indeed x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Oh god that's terrible, mine had their 20 week scan this morning.

I was with a friend when she found out her baby had died. So sad

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

A friend of mine went through the same thing. She had a funeral for the baby, which helped her. I'm getting teary just thinking about it. I hope you and your friend are ok x

over a year ago

Very sad .daughter has her 20 week scan in a month scared stiff now. Lots of hugs to your friend xx

over a year ago

thoughts are with your friend, 3 misscarages and a premature baby who is now an angel, nothing hurts more.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

It is terribly sad and made worse by having to go through the birth.

SANDS has a really great booklet called When A Baby Dies Before Labour Begins. It's available on their website and just helps prepare you for going through this. Your friend can also contact SANDS now if she and her partner would like support.

over a year ago

My thoughts and prayers to your friend at this very sad time xx

over a year ago

A friend of mine went full term, went past her due date & her baby stopped moving. He was stillborn. She had had trouble conceiving him too.

She's now adopted a gorgeous son & she is a fantastic mother.

The funeral of her baby was one of the saddest days.

over a year ago

Sorry to hear of your news. Even though your not local to her pick up the phone and support her that way her just hearing your voice will let her know you are there for her xx

over a year ago

Kent

"It is terribly sad and made worse by having to go through the birth.

SANDS has a really great booklet called When A Baby Dies Before Labour Begins. It's available on their website and just helps prepare you for going through this. Your friend can also contact SANDS now if she and her partner would like support.

"

I'm hoping the hospital gave her advice re counselling etc they did with me when I had my miscarriage.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Not good news at all

My mother had a stillbirth and another baby that died in infancy, before she met my father

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

know of someone going through the same ...natural birth ...named the baby ..funeral ...register the birth and the death and then start disposing of babys clothes and toys ...its aparently a faulty gene one of the parents carries ...truly awful

over a year ago

Thoughts are with your friend x

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Oh god sorry to hear for your friend

over a year ago

Friends of mine went full term and all was well till the last minutes.

So devastating.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"It is terribly sad and made worse by having to go through the birth.

I'm hoping the hospital gave her advice re counselling etc they did with me when I had my miscarriage. "

It can be a bit hit and miss with some hospitals.

I was lucky as there was a SANDS counsellor assigned to the hospital when my son died. When I had a baby die before labour and I had to go through full induced labour there wasn't one. However, I had trained as a SANDS counsellor by then so I could tap into help.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Big Hugs for you and your friend

over a year ago

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Tell her to ask for a re scan before they induce her.

My friend was told her baby had no heart beat and she made them check again when she went back. She now has a beautiful 6 year old daughter.

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Very heartbreaking.. give her all the support you can.. just be around if she needs to talk or needs someone to hold her hand. x bless her

over a year ago

My housemate had her 12 week scan last Monday, no heart beat. She has to wait till this Wednesday to have a termination.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"My housemate had her 12 week scan last Monday, no heart beat. She has to wait till this Wednesday to have a termination. "

That's a long time to wait.

Sorry to hear about your housemate.

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

No words I can offer will help your friends grief, be there for her and her family. so so sad..

By *overs14Couple
over a year ago

norwich

I went through similar but at 35 weeks. Your poor friend, it's an awful thing to go through. Just be there for her if she needs to talk.

over a year ago

Sorry to hear your sad news and to all the others on here that have posted their stories

We take so many things for granted.

By *othingButCocoChanelWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Such a shame

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Bad news

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

"Tell her to ask for a re scan before they induce her.

My friend was told her baby had no heart beat and she made them check again when she went back. She now has a beautiful 6 year old daughter."

im with red on this best to check again other than that my sympathy

By *onConformistLikeUMan
over a year ago

Chorley

It's easy to read this thread and tiptoe away quietly but this is sad news and I'm sorry to hear it. I've known it happen to some couples I know and they've gone on to have healthy and happy families. Sometimes these things happen and it's sad, but life is full of imperfections that somehow makes it perfect. All you can do is pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep going. It's the sad times that make the happy times all the better.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

My friend was told her baby had no heart beat and she made them check again when she went back. She now has a beautiful 6 year old daughter.

im with red on this best to check again other than that my sympathy"

absolutely agree with this, i also know someone who got told that she had lost the baby and was going in for her D&C but the nurse decided to just have a quick double check and there the baby was, alive and kicking. She went through such highs and lows because of that.

I dont want to give your friend false hope but she should definitely have a second scan to be sure.

over a year ago

Big big big hugs my friend went thro this she took pics n had cuddles n named him George he was perfectly formed. No one knows why this happens but there must be a good reason. Xxcxxccxxx

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

absolutely agree with this, i also know someone who got told that she had lost the baby and was going in for her D&C but the nurse decided to just have a quick double check and there the baby was, alive and kicking. She went through such highs and lows because of that.

I dont want to give your friend false hope but she should definitely have a second scan to be sure."

I thought a second scan was standard? It was for me and a colleague had to have a second scan before her ERPC this year.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I dont want to give your friend false hope but she should definitely have a second scan to be sure.

I thought a second scan was standard? It was for me and a colleague had to have a second scan before her ERPC this year.

"

i can't comment as to what is standard practice, only what this person went through and it is my understanding that this scan was not usual practice when going for the procedure she was going for. i may be wrong.

over a year ago

"

I'm positive this is the case.

over a year ago

Heartbreaking

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

That's terrible.

over a year ago

It must be so hard to have to wait those few days as well, poor girl

Just try and be there for her as much as you can, I went through a miscarriage and I felt totally alone. Her hormones will be all over the place as well which doesn't help at all.

On the plus side, it means she can conceive, and it's extremely likely that next time it'll all go perfectly for her.

over a year ago

My partner had the same heartbreaking having a funeral for someone 20 week old

over a year ago

Kent

"It must be so hard to have to wait those few days as well, poor girl

Just try and be there for her as much as you can, I went through a miscarriage and I felt totally alone. Her hormones will be all over the place as well which doesn't help at all.

On the plus side, it means she can conceive, and it's extremely likely that next time it'll all go perfectly for her."

We know she can conceive she already has 2.

Thanks everyone for your kind words x

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

poor woman poor baby hugs

By *othingButCocoChanelWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"My partner had the same heartbreaking having a funeral for someone 20 week old"

I had to cremate my 2 week old son too

Post new Message to Thread