By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

If so why do you think it is?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rank EinsteinMan
over a year ago

Burton upon stather

"If so why do you think it is? "

Chauvinistic bullshit left behind from years of treating women as lesser beings.

In a nutshell.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I think some do. The advice I have consistently been given, mainly from men, is to tone down my intellect to get and keep a man.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's possibly an ego thing.

over a year ago

I've no interest in women who aren't intelligent, so no.

However, intelligence without compassion and character is much less attractive.

over a year ago

I was on a rare night out last night with work.

One guy was talking to me and proceeded to tell me that, when ever he saw me at work he always thought I was scary

Apologies for not answering the intelligent part.

over a year ago

Some, yes.

Why? I've seen people put down by others, saying they are aloof or snobby. But I think it's simply an inferiority issue.

You do get some people who are rude about minor spelling/grammar issues, but that's just rudeness, not intelligence.

By *he tactile technicianMan
over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

not at all! equal respect for one another is all I ask

over a year ago

no

over a year ago

I prefer intelligent women. It's such an attractive quality.

By *onyneMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

Entirely the opposite... Nothing better than great intelligence in anyone, male or female

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Yes and some women find intelligent women intimidating too. Women aren't supposed to be funny or intelligent it goes against nature and is an abomination . As a guy said to me (in jest i hasten to add) in the forums recently "haven't you got a blouse to iron?"

It is very much a self esteem thing I think.

over a year ago

Ooh clever women are too quick ffs give me a daft girl all day!

over a year ago

Not at all we are all equal simple .

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Simple answer is no, intelligence is very sexy but then it depends on how this comes across.

Intelligence can sometime be accompanied by aloofness and rudeness in both males and females and that is a turnoff.

over a year ago

I must be fair thick. I don't understand what intelligence is and how you 'know' someone's intelligent.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

There are definitely some men who are intimidated by intelligent women, but that is their problem not mine.

I am not prepared to act the idiot to make any man more comfortable with me, if he can't handle the fact that I have a brain in my head and that I'm more than happy to use it, then he can jog on

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

Absolutely not, well not for me anyway. An intelligent woman, self reliant, confident and can hold their own in any given setting because of their intellectual mindset is something to be admired regardless of sex. Throw in the fact they want to be your companion for many many years, well, it doesn't half make you feel good.

over a year ago

Nope.

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"Simple answer is no, intelligence is very sexy but then it depends on how this comes across.

Intelligence can sometime be accompanied by aloofness and rudeness in both males and females and that is a turnoff. "

It's nice if you can find someone who you can hold a proper conversation with. Someone who has their own thoughts and ideas and can articulate them. That's very attractive to me. Still needs to be down to earth with it though.

over a year ago

I'm not sure it's intelligence per se, but I think some men are intimidated by confident women who aren't afraid to argue, are independent and have strong _iews about things. Note 'some' men. Others find it a big turn on.

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"I'm not sure it's intelligence per se, but I think some men are intimidated by confident women who aren't afraid to argue, are independent and have strong _iews about things. Note 'some' men. Others find it a big turn on. "

Very true. I find it very refreshing to find a woman like this. It's a fine line though between being like this and just being an arsehole. This goes for both men and women of course.

over a year ago

"I must be fair thick. I don't understand what intelligence is and how you 'know' someone's intelligent. "
hellooo

over a year ago

"There are definitely some men who are intimidated by intelligent women, but that is their problem not mine.

I am not prepared to act the idiot to make any man more comfortable with me, if he can't handle the fact that I have a brain in my head and that I'm more than happy to use it, then he can jog on "

Although I find women to be more so in all honesty

over a year ago

Here's a simple one - if a woman wasn't intelligent, and was stupid/slow/dumb...and yet this is the only kind of woman a guy can pull, what does that say about him?

over a year ago

"Here's a simple one - if a woman wasn't intelligent, and was stupid/slow/dumb...and yet this is the only kind of woman a guy can pull, what does that say about him?"

And if she was cute, kind, lovely?

over a year ago

"Here's a simple one - if a woman wasn't intelligent, and was stupid/slow/dumb...and yet this is the only kind of woman a guy can pull, what does that say about him?

And if she was cute, kind, lovely? "

You can be good looking, intelligent and still be unattractive.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Insecurity mostly I would say, the male ego is a fragile creature

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Here's a simple one - if a woman wasn't intelligent, and was stupid/slow/dumb...and yet this is the only kind of woman a guy can pull, what does that say about him?"

He likes a quiet life?

over a year ago

I do find however a lot of people will excuse their's or their friends or partners boorish behaviour by saying "oh they're just intimidated by xyz"

over a year ago

"Insecurity mostly I would say, the male ego is a fragile creature "

We're the pursuer of our species, we NEED to feel valued.

over a year ago

That he rates people on more than their intellect?

No arguing that Mengele was intelligent but I doubt most would excuse his behaviour because he was intelligent.

over a year ago

Intellect and confidence are sexy.

The men who find it intimidating probably have a lower IQ than they admit to.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Some will and some wont as will be the case vice versa with intelligent men..

one doesn't necessarily have to be intelligent to be arrogant or an 'arsehole', such traits are across all levels of 'intelligence'..

over a year ago

he takes liberties? doesnt want in depth conversations? He just wants nsa sex? They are easier to lie to? (just in case he is married or in a relationship) and he is probably happy to not have to be open and honest. It's just sex! and if you kiss on the way out they usually come back!

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"I think some do. The advice I have consistently been given, mainly from men, is to tone down my intellect to get and keep a man. "

Yup. I've had that.

over a year ago

"Here's a simple one - if a woman wasn't intelligent, and was stupid/slow/dumb...and yet this is the only kind of woman a guy can pull, what does that say about him?he takes liberties? doesnt want in depth conversations? He just wants nsa sex? They are easier to lie to? (just in case he is married or in a relationship) and he is probably happy to not have to be open and honest. It's just sex! and if you kiss on the way out they usually come back! "

over a year ago

"Intellect and confidence are sexy.

The men who find it intimidating probably have a lower IQ than they admit to."

IQ is no measure of intelligence and was never meant to be. Probably a whole different thread though!

over a year ago

"Some will and some wont as will be the case vice versa with intelligent men..

one doesn't necessarily have to be intelligent to be arrogant or an 'arsehole', such traits are across all levels of 'intelligence'..

"

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Insecurity mostly I would say, the male ego is a fragile creature

We're the pursuer of our species, we NEED to feel valued."

Yup, they say men need to be respected and women need to be cherished.

By *eKoopleCouple
over a year ago

Germany / Manchester

"If so why do you think it is?

Chauvinistic bullshit left behind from years of treating women as lesser beings.

In a nutshell. "

Absolutely. -Mr.

over a year ago

IQ is no measure of intelligence and was never meant to be. Probably a whole different thread though!"

You're correct. I used a bad example, but get what I mean.

Some guys like to think they're intelligent and that their intellect is far superior to any woman's.

These guys generally tend to be the dumbest people you'll ever meet. They lack common sense and basic, real world, problem solving skills. They could, however, tell you how hedge funds work...

over a year ago

Certain things do it for me than others:

Confidence, Intelligence and streak of bitch.

over a year ago

Never, I find good intelligent conversation a great turn on.

over a year ago

IQ is no measure of intelligence and was never meant to be. Probably a whole different thread though!"

Thas jus stooped, I is well smart I does

over a year ago

I'm not......

over a year ago

"I was on a rare night out last night with work.

One guy was talking to me and proceeded to tell me that, when ever he saw me at work he always thought I was scary

Apologies for not answering the intelligent part. "

I get told this all the time, I get told I look unaprochable in every day life, in club's etc I have no idea why because I'm not a horrible person and I'll talk to anyway it must be a subconscious aura I give off

over a year ago

As if anyone would admit to that?

Its not just intelligent that puts men off tho. A women can be powerful in her own right and some men can be intimidated by that because they feel lesser in someway. Some men actually get a kick out of that lesser feeling.

Men are weird!

By *lactontogMan
over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

Is there such a thing...only joking lol.

I like women who are intelligent and can hold their own, if they are feisty even better.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Yup, they say men need to be respected and women need to be cherished. "

I'd prefer to be respected.

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

I kid you not; this is true; not much to do with intelligence but to do with that I am not prepared to massage some man's ego when he is talking complete BS

Met a guy and somehow or the other the conversation turned to aircrafts. Him being a guy thought that I wouldn't have a bloody clue. He started talking about the SR-71

As children, my brother had a model of the SR-71 and which I loved to play with. It came with a little factsheet which I had memorised. I used to fantasise about flying this aircraft

So, when this guy told me that it was powered by twin Rolls Royce turbines (an attempt to show-off British ingenuity) you can imagine how I pounced on him

Later, half-way through sex, he rolled off and said that he could not continue with someone who he did not find attractive

Fragile egos

over a year ago

"As if anyone would admit to that?

Its not just intelligent that puts men off tho. A women can be powerful in her own right and some men can be intimidated by that because they feel lesser in someway. Some men actually get a kick out of that lesser feeling.

Men are weird! "

True! I love their weirdness - especially the clever yet vulnerable ones

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I'd prefer to be respected. "

Neither are exclusive

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

I'd prefer to be respected.

Neither are exclusive "

True but I don't need to be cherished. I can do that for myself.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

No, the opposite

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Yes

Because it's statistically inevitable

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Some people (of both sexes) find intelligence intimidating and there's sometimes a reverse snobbery type reaction I've encountered as a result. And having a brain but sounding like a farmer seems to blow some people's minds, which is a whole other discussion about attitudes towards preconceived notions of intelligence.

over a year ago

No. Intelligence is very attractive

over a year ago

"I think some do. The advice I have consistently been given, mainly from men, is to tone down my intellect to get and keep a man. "

I have been told similar.

When I went to university at 28, my mother told me that men don't want women with degrees, they want women who can do the washing up and cook dinner for them. Pointed out that she has a man and can't cook...

over a year ago

"As if anyone would admit to that?

Men are weird! "

I think people are weird!

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

"I think some do. The advice I have consistently been given, mainly from men, is to tone down my intellect to get and keep a man.

I have been told similar.

When I went to university at 28, my mother told me that men don't want women with degrees, they want women who can do the washing up and cook dinner for them. Pointed out that she has a man and can't cook..."

Love this.

Him.

over a year ago

I don't know if it's that ... Sexually based, if your in a relashionship where your intelligence is apparently on different levels . It's just hard work to either not become contemptuous when you have to explain everything, or not get your back up when ; even if you don't quite grasp the conversation you can feel the contempet in their voice..

I think you need to be on an even keel in a partnership be that intelligence , humour, or , ya know what ever , or the cracks will start . Each will blame the other ; 'she's uppity.' 'He's thick as pig shit.' Or she's batty as a brush and he's condescending. Meh.

I don't think this is a bad thing. Wouldn't we all prefer to be with a partner who wants the same things , who thinks what you think or maybe not that ... Thinks how you think.. I'm sorry this drivelled on ...

over a year ago

How do you quantify intelligence? Academically or emotionally or...?

Intelligence is attractive it's how it's applied that matters.

If someone intimidates others intentionally then perhaps they aren't all that nice and gender is irrelevant.

There's plenty of folk more intelligent than I, but I'm happy focusing on my efforts in life not others effects on me

over a year ago

" How do you quantify intelligence? Academically or emotionally or...?"

I think that this is very true as well.

I have high academic intelligence and low emotional intelligence.

I have one partner the same as me and one partner the other way around (although, he's also bright academically as well, just not quite *as* bright).

Both take work in their own ways.

over a year ago

" How do you quantify intelligence? Academically or emotionally or...?

"

Academic Intelligence with low common sense is sooooo annoying to deal with.

Lack of sympathy or empathy, coupled with intelligence and you can find a seemingly nasty person.

Academic intelligence with low emotional maturity and you have a whole boatload of issues... And half the threads on Fab

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

Lack of sympathy or empathy, coupled with intelligence and you can find a seemingly nasty person.

Academic intelligence with low emotional maturity and you have a whole boatload of issues... And half the threads on Fab "

Just out of interest, which of the above groups do you identify with?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Academic intelligence with low emotional maturity and you have a whole boatload of issues... And half the threads on Fab "

blimey!

over a year ago

Probably !

over a year ago

In a nutshell. "

High 5 to this man!

over a year ago

My dad used to tell me I was far to smart to ever have and hold a man in my life... So far he has been right..

ALthough I think he failed to add that its because I am a bratty Bitch

but I do really remember my dad saying that and even suggesting that I dumbed down for men.

over a year ago

No I find them stimulating

over a year ago

Academic intelligence with low emotional maturity and you have a whole boatload of issues... And half the threads on Fab

Just out of interest, which of the above groups do you identify with? "

Depending on who you talk to, probably all of them

If we were all well-rounded, the forums would just be like Facebook

By *appyguy17Man
over a year ago

walthamstow

I like a challenge.....i like a woman who has opinions and is not afraid to voice them........!!!

over a year ago

"My dad used to tell me I was far to smart to ever have and hold a man in my life... So far he has been right..

ALthough I think he failed to add that its because I am a bratty Bitch

but I do really remember my dad saying that and even suggesting that I dumbed down for men. "

...Friends used to tell me this but it's bollocks, excuse my French.

Nobody has to dumb down for anyone. If man wants a woman and vice versa - it just happens, because there's enough affection to make compromises.

What's for you, won't go by you

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 26/04/15 15:40:30]

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

Just out of interest, which of the above groups do you identify with? "

I consider myself quite balanced. But if I had to pick my highest level, it would be emotional intelligence. Because of this, I think I'm drawn to the same.

over a year ago

To answer the original question - yes they do. I prefer a mixture of intelligence and common sense, the whole package!

over a year ago

Some academically intelligent people are the most boring,egotists I've ever met.

over a year ago

Stupidity is a turn off.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

god no.... biggest sex organ i have is my brain, and you have to engage that, before you engage anything else.....

a woman who can challenge me mentally is the biggest turn on....

over a year ago

The smarter the better, you can have an incredible chat, followed by mindblowing sex. Perfect combination

By *asinoLuckyMan
over a year ago

North cardiff area

Intelligence is an alluring quality..

So is confidence.

If you have both... Inbox me

over a year ago

Sapiophile here

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/04/15 18:22:17]

over a year ago

I think some do, but that's more to do with their own insecurities than a woman's intelligence levels.

I agree with a poster above that there are different types of intelligence as well. It's very difficult to define.

This sounds strange, some people are almost too intelligent. They can't cope with everyday tasks. Their minds are just too busy to grasp the concepts of a normal life.

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

Intelligent women are awesome (Rachael Riley, Victoria Coren)- you just need handcuffs and a ball gag handy.........or maybe a shed to escape to sometimes

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"Intelligent women are awesome (Rachael Riley, Victoria Coren)- you just need handcuffs and a ball gag handy.........or maybe a shed to escape to sometimes "

My BF has often talked of handcuffing me and tying me up in his shed so that's a different take on that little scenario...

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Shut the fuck up and shag faster !

over a year ago

"

This sounds strange, some people are almost too intelligent. They can't cope with everyday tasks. Their minds are just too busy to grasp the concepts of a normal life. "

This

over a year ago

No even more sexy

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I have met many men who seem intimidated by clever women, but as long as they shag well I can pretend to be dumb for a while.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

This thread is 'semi' interesting.

I find it amusing that people claim to find intelligence attractive.

In the absence of a working definition and also in the knowledge that we will interpret that definition in differing ways......... I'm saying this.

You will class as 'intelligent' anyone who holds the same or similar _iews to yourself.

You will class as an idiot anyone who approaches a problem from a different angle to yourself.

Go kiss a mirror I say.

I've always wondered why dating agencies take all your likes and dislikes and look for someone exactly the same as you...... now I know.

over a year ago

"Shut the fuck up and shag faster !"

I had one of those, A GP by trade. Constantly wanting a discussion about his sexual prowess and how were men different. How many men lose interest after they orgasm, do they spring back to life quickly or take ages,like him. I just felt like screaming Stop talking!!!

By *earboynottinghamMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

I always laugh when people say they want intelligent conversation and to be seduced with words and then when you get chatting to them they're actually thick as pig shit.

Also laugh when some huge bloater specifies they want gym fit athletic men with gargantuan cocks. Good on them if they can get it though! Lol

over a year ago

Balls to that. If my academic prowess scares men, then they obviously aren't worth meeting!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I always laugh when people say they want intelligent conversation and to be seduced with words and then when you get chatting to them they're actually thick as pig shit.

Also laugh when some huge bloater specifies they want gym fit athletic men with gargantuan cocks. Good on them if they can get it though! Lol

"

"Huge bloater's" can be intelligent too - academically, emotionally, intellectually - and have the confidence to ask for whatever they want. Even the "thick as pig shit" can have and ask for their preferences.

It's great that you derive so much joy from their contributions to the Fab world.

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

"I've no interest in women who aren't intelligent, so no.

However, intelligence without compassion and character is much less attractive."

This.

over a year ago

"Certain things do it for me than others:

Confidence, Intelligence and streak of bitch. "

hi

over a year ago

Why I prefer brunettes to blondes

over a year ago

In a nutshell. "

Eloquently put!

But seriously, you hit the nail on the head.

over a year ago

Intelligent women?

over a year ago

"Certain things do it for me than others:

Confidence, Intelligence and streak of bitch. hi "

hmmmm

over a year ago

"I have met many men who seem intimidated by clever women, but as long as they shag well I can pretend to be dumb for a while."
sorry to change the subject for a minute, but did You go out for your walk today lovely Day here..

By *earboynottinghamMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"I always laugh when people say they want intelligent conversation and to be seduced with words and then when you get chatting to them they're actually thick as pig shit.

"Huge bloater's" can be intelligent too - academically, emotionally, intellectually - and have the confidence to ask for whatever they want. Even the "thick as pig shit" can have and ask for their preferences.

It's great that you derive so much joy from their contributions to the Fab world.

"

Sure.

Just silly to create a false impression of yourself which will soon be found out when people actually have a conversation with you.

over a year ago

Sisters are doing it for themselves. x

over a year ago

i like cheese

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

I don't find it intimidating at all, as it is nice to be able to hold a conversation with someone.

By *afadaoMan
over a year ago

Staines

"Here's a simple one"

Are you introducing yourself to new forum members?

over a year ago

There's a difference between an intelligent woman and a calculating woman. Look at Lady Macbeth.

over a year ago

"There's a difference between an intelligent woman and a calculating woman. Look at Lady Macbeth."

She was very misunderstood

over a year ago

I have no interest in dumb people. Love an intelligent woman.

over a year ago

"

This sounds strange, some people are almost too intelligent. They can't cope with everyday tasks. Their minds are just too busy to grasp the concepts of a normal life. "

Autism /Aspergers perhaps

over a year ago

"There are definitely some men who are intimidated by intelligent women, but that is their problem not mine.

I am not prepared to act the idiot to make any man more comfortable with me, if he can't handle the fact that I have a brain in my head and that I'm more than happy to use it, then he can jog on "

well said

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/04/15 00:26:40]

over a year ago

*there

over a year ago

"There's a difference between an intelligent woman and a calculating woman. Look at Lady Macbeth.

She was very misunderstood "

And a bit of a bitch if you ask me

over a year ago

I does like tall blond birds with big tits

By *ick_u_nudeMan
over a year ago

Cambridge

Intelligent woman = intimidating? Not at all, they are wondrous!

over a year ago

"

Ooh! I can! I can! Although I don't actually specify I want them and they don't all have gargantuan cocks,I have been known to be approached by quite a few in my time. No accounting for taste is there

over a year ago

"I does like tall blond birds with big tits "

I used to be that bird,and from Essex,never owned white heels though

over a year ago

"There's a difference between an intelligent woman and a calculating woman. Look at Lady Macbeth.

She was very misunderstood

And a bit of a bitch if you ask me "

Ok,I will ask you

"what is your opinion on the character and demeanor of Lady Macbeth??" and pls in no more than 100 words!!

over a year ago

Insecurity. But if you are lucky enough, you know what a sapiophile is and become one.

Post new Message to Thread