Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

bloody crows and such

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

At 4.30am this morning i was rudely awakened by the incessant cawing of bloody crow followed by the annoying screech of a flipping oyster catcher.

Caw caw caw, meh meh meh meh over and over and over and over.

Turns out, that lobbing a talc bottle at high velocity at the crow is a rather good deterrent.

Thank you johnson & johnson.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I might try that with the seagulls and Canada geese that do a fly past at first light. Does it need to be a certain brand?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Turns out, that lobbing a talc bottle at high velocity at the crow is a rather good deterrent."

Don't do it again, shut your window instead. I despise animal cruelty.

over a year ago

One still night i remember laying in bed listening to tawny owls calling in the nearby woodland.....then i heard one of my neighbors shouting "fuck off!" at them....

over a year ago

"At 4.30am this morning i was rudely awakened by the incessant cawing of bloody crow followed by the annoying screech of a flipping oyster catcher.

Turns out, that lobbing a talc bottle at high velocity at the crow is a rather good deterrent.

Thank you johnson & johnson. "

Have you ever bought a Johnson & Johnson rectal thermometer? The instruction leaflet that comes with them proudly announces that all of our products are individually tested.....hands up if you'd like that job!

over a year ago

"One still night i remember laying in bed listening to tawny owls calling in the nearby woodland.....then i heard one of my neighbors shouting "fuck off!" at them.... "

Lol, You see a tawny owl is a nice sound i liked hearing them at my old house and little song birds.

But the crow was asking for it, even through a closed window.

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman
over a year ago

Glenrothes

This post made me giggle.

over a year ago

"I might try that with the seagulls and Canada geese that do a fly past at first light. Does it need to be a certain brand? "

Any brand will do or just a heavy object

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Could be worse. In Charming, it's SamCro that keeps people awake.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

You don't know annoying until you have a pheasant in your garden calling from 5:30 and your big brave cats do sod all about it!!!!

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS
over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

it can be torturous such a racket ,ear plugs will help

over a year ago

Peacocks are the worst. Always sound like someone calling for help. And foxes. Bloody foxes need to shut the fuck up!

over a year ago

ring doves are noisy bastards as well

and don't start me on the ducks fucking in the pond outside my flat

over a year ago

"Peacocks are the worst. Always sound like someone calling for help. And foxes. Bloody foxes need to shut the fuck up!"

Yeah I can imagine they'd get a random houshold object thrown at them too.

By *othingButCocoChanelWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Turns out, that lobbing a talc bottle at high velocity at the crow is a rather good deterrent.

Don't do it again, shut your window instead. I despise animal cruelty."

Me too

over a year ago

Glasgow

"Peacocks are the worst. Always sound like someone calling for help. And foxes. Bloody foxes need to shut the fuck up!"

Maybe you need to shut up? Foxes are maybe just hungry, stop being so bloody self centred

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

They sound like some unearthly creature when they're mating don't they.

over a year ago

"Peacocks are the worst. Always sound like someone calling for help. And foxes. Bloody foxes need to shut the fuck up!

Maybe you need to shut up? Foxes are maybe just hungry, stop being so bloody self centred "

I like Peacock calls, strangely soothing

'A-YOW! A-YOW!'

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"Peacocks are the worst. Always sound like someone calling for help. And foxes. Bloody foxes need to shut the fuck up!

Maybe you need to shut up? Foxes are maybe just hungry, stop being so bloody self centred "

Why would a fox make a noise when it's hungry? To scare any potential prey animals away?

Townies...

By *afadaoMan
over a year ago

Staines

"I might try that with the seagulls and Canada geese that do a fly past at first light. Does it need to be a certain brand? "

The gulls and geese won't mind at all - they'll use the talc to dry off their wet bits post-swim.

over a year ago

Glasgow

Maybe you need to shut up? Foxes are maybe just hungry, stop being so bloody self centred

Why would a fox make a noise when it's hungry? To scare any potential prey animals away?

Townies... "

No idea but there was one round my sisters back that screamed so she fed it and it stopped

She now feeds it every nyt and only screams if she hasnt been out yet

Townies

over a year ago

I've a huge outdoor aviary so get the tunes of canaries singing first thing

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Townies...

No idea but there was one round my sisters back that screamed so she fed it and it stopped

Townies "

the vixen screams to attract the dog fox then screams while they're mating, a bit like teenage humans

over a year ago

Glasgow

Townies...

Townies

the vixen screams to attract the dog fox then screams while they're mating, a bit like teenage humans "

Well food seems to distract them then

over a year ago

To stop the birds you need to fight dirty.

I stand in my garden eating a bowl of scrambled eggs in full view of them just to show them what I'm prepared to do....

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Townies...

Townies

the vixen screams to attract the dog fox then screams while they're mating, a bit like teenage humans

Well food seems to distract them then "

No...

Foxes are very like dogs and almost as clever - if a dog exhibits a behaviour and you reward it, it repeats that behaviour....

What has happened is, now the fox has learned that when it screeches, it gets rewarded with food...

Also re: crows...

I don't generally do anthropomorphism, but if there is any candidate for me disliking a creature just for being itself, its a crow.

If ever you manage to find yourself incapacitated somewhere open and remote, I can guarantee that the least thing that you ever see will be a crow.

over a year ago

Glasgow

Townies...

Townies

No...

Foxes are very like dogs and almost as clever - if a dog exhibits a behaviour and you reward it, it repeats that behaviour....

What has happened is, now the fox has learned that when it screeches, it gets rewarded with food...

I don't generally do anthropomorphism, but if there is any candidate for me disliking a creature just for being itself, its a crow.

If ever you manage to find yourself incapacitated somewhere open and remote, I can guarantee that the least thing that you ever see will be a crow. "

So as i said

Feeding stopped the screaming

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Townies...

Townies

No...

If ever you manage to find yourself incapacitated somewhere open and remote, I can guarantee that the least thing that you ever see will be a crow.

So as i said

Feeding stopped the screaming"

Yes, because you've now trained them to screech for food....

over a year ago

Glasgow

Townies...

Townies

No...

So as i said

Feeding stopped the screaming

Yes, because you've now trained them to screech for food.... "

My sister

By *ot monkey71Couple
over a year ago

middlesbrough

"At 4.30am this morning i was rudely awakened by the incessant cawing of bloody crow followed by the annoying screech of a flipping oyster catcher.

Thank you johnson & johnson. "

Yeah ya don't wanna be throwing things at them unless its food, but of course you wouldn't be that cruel you were just saying it for effect, at least you better have been.

Smart birds crows by the way same family as jackdaws.

over a year ago

Thank you johnson & johnson.

Yeah ya don't wanna be throwing things at them unless its food, but of course you wouldn't be that cruel you were just saying it for effect, at least you better have been.

Smart birds crows by the way same family as jackdaws."

The corvid Family I used to think the magpie was The cleverest but I,m not so sure now..

over a year ago

Townies...

Townies "

The actual reason for their racket is that it's a mating call. They're communicating with each other. These foxes aren't by any means starving. But they are yelling and fucking and having noisy alfresco sex at unsociable hours.

over a year ago

Invest in some earplugs and get a life ye beg bully.

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple
over a year ago

Manchester Area

"One still night i remember laying in bed listening to tawny owls calling in the nearby woodland.....then i heard one of my neighbors shouting "fuck off!" at them.... "

Bet that worked well

over a year ago

"Turns out, that lobbing a talc bottle at high velocity at the crow is a rather good deterrent.

Don't do it again, shut your window instead. I despise animal cruelty.

Me too "

Me to! Bloody crows!! found a yew stuck on it's back on a near by farm, the crows had pulled its reproductive parts and eyes out. Then pulled its intestines about 8ft out to. She was alive until the farmer shot her.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I'm right on the coast so we have a gajillion shitehawks that just love waking us up at stupid o'clock...I need a converted tennis ball firer stuffed with Johnson and Johnson products aiming from my bedroom window

over a year ago

Wow this all went a bit ricky gervais didn't it. I wasn't game hunting with a talc bottle.

Crow cawed over and over talc botle hurled in general vicinity, crow flew away (unharmed) to another spot where by it presumably continued its crow cawing business. With no scarring, physically or otherwise.

I continued with sleep. Everyones a winner.

That isn't animal cruelty.

I love animals, i rescued a bee the other day with sugar water and also helped a stray cat this afternoon. Once i even saved 20 frogs (or thereabouts - it was quite a while ago and i didn't count them) from a drain. On reflection afterwards i think they actually liked it in there so now i just leave them and they seem to get on fine. They come back every year at spring time. True story.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Wow this all went a bit ricky gervais didn't it. I wasn't game hunting with a talc bottle.

Crow cawed over and over talc botle hurled in general vicinity, crow flew away (unharmed) to another spot where by it presumably continued its crow cawing business. With no scarring, physically or otherwise.

I love animals, i rescued a bee the other day with sugar water and also helped a stray cat this afternoon. Once i even saved 20 frogs (or thereabouts - it was quite a while ago and i didn't count them) from a drain. On reflection afterwards i think they actually liked it in there so now i just leave them and they seem to get on fine. They come back every year at spring time. True story. "

Lol I didn't imagine for one minute chucking a talc tin was cruel, for a start you'd have to be a crack shot to hit a flying bird with a clumsy old talc tin . It did make me smile tbough.

There's a bloke up the road who gets so mad at the gulls on his roof that he screams abuse at them I'll go and have a word in case he's hurting their feelings

over a year ago

"Wow this all went a bit ricky gervais didn't it. I wasn't game hunting with a talc bottle.

I love animals, i rescued a bee the other day with sugar water and also helped a stray cat this afternoon. Once i even saved 20 frogs (or thereabouts - it was quite a while ago and i didn't count them) from a drain. On reflection afterwards i think they actually liked it in there so now i just leave them and they seem to get on fine. They come back every year at spring time. True story.

Lol I didn't imagine for one minute chucking a talc tin was cruel, for a start you'd have to be a crack shot to hit a flying bird with a clumsy old talc tin . It did make me smile tbough.

There's a bloke up the road who gets so mad at the gulls on his roof that he screams abuse at them I'll go and have a word in case he's hurting their feelings "

Lol he'll be on the hit list for sure.

If i had hit the crow, i would have:

a) initially been immensely proud of my aim. But then called the bird doctor afterwards.

b) headed straight down to the coconut throw stand to win myself a pink fluffy bear.

over a year ago

Townies...

Townies

No...

If ever you manage to find yourself incapacitated somewhere open and remote, I can guarantee that the least thing that you ever see will be a crow. "

They'll peck the eyes out of sheep when they are still alive if the have become stuck on their back or incapacitated. Ravens are by far the worst they will peck new born lambs to death whilst its mother is giving birth to her other lamb.

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Townies...

Townies

No...

They'll peck the eyes out of sheep when they are still alive if the have become stuck on their back or incapacitated. Ravens are by far the worst they will peck new born lambs to death whilst its mother is giving birth to her other lamb. "

This, I know. I have nigh on 400 ewes.

Ravens do a little 'dance' and lure the lamb away from mum and then smash it through the head with their beak and eat the soft parts, crows tend to have their eyes and tongue if they are a bit slow being born.

To be fair, eating a stuck ewe from the udders our, tends to be badgers - crows will eat at the arse and get in to eat the guts from there.

I've known a ewe go down in the gather and I've left her thinking I'll go and see her in a bit, give her chance to recover, and she's been got by crows whilst I've been less than 100 yards away.

Its not just sheep - I've seen the do the same to down cows...any fresh dead thing you find (rabbit, hare, badger, deer) will be eyeless...

Which is why I say, if you get incapacitated, a crow will be the last thing you see...

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Yup, bloody peacocks at 4am!! Grrrrrr!!

over a year ago

I,ve heard woodpigeons calling at 3am in the morning in the last month or so and blackbird and robin under the street light or any light come to that not long After.

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

For us it's not so much the noise that bugs us.... It's the fox and the badger shitting contest outside our front door...

Post new Message to Thread