Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Reporting

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi all.

I'm debating reporting someone for something I thought was quite out of order, but I wanted to know if anyone can confirm if they are notified about being reported or not.

I was talking to someone on and off they had profile pics, had been on for a while and had a cam veri and so all seemed above board.

I only actually sent him normal pics so nothing graphic however when i asked for a normal picture no surprise he all of a sudden he went quiet as can happen so thought nothing of this.

The next evening though some guy claiming to be his friend started texting me he had seemingly shown his friend my pictures and my number !

Made me feel rather uncomfortable.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Lesson learned.

over a year ago

OMG drama.

over a year ago

I'd report as if he shared your details with a friends that is just plain wrong and an abuse of your trust.

By *onyneMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

Strange and annoying. Not good behaviour. I have never reported anyone and don't really know the protocol, but definitely not acceptable to be passing numbers about unless you say it's okay...

Take care

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

What's the point of reporting someone if no action's taken? In this case the person would need to know they'd been reported. I agree that showing someone else pictures that you sent is bad form but it's a risk we all take with any picture on the net or in real life.

over a year ago

Ffs!

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I would absolutely report that, it's disgraceful.

I had a guy message me yesterday to ask me to contact a lady on his behalf as he was just outside her age range (he was actually 6 years outside her range).

I told him no way would I do that as he should respect her preferences, and that I thought it was creepy of him to ask me.

I've blocked him but not reported, although I'm contemplating whether I should.

over a year ago

Personally I see no point in reporting anyone

What's the worse that can happen? They get a ban so they open a new profile

By *wosWoman
over a year ago

east london

maybe the first pics weren't of him .. so the friend is the real guy

over a year ago

Yes that's probably the answer there it won't really make much difference will It I guess the reporting function is quite pointless in reality.

I'm normally cautious with pictures anyway so luckily they were only normal pics it judt caught me unawares as I have never had that happen before lesson learned indeed !

over a year ago

Report? he could leave your number in a phone box, nothing can be done.

Any pics they can shout on the internet with them, it is at your own risk.

Het

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Yes that's probably the answer there it won't really make much difference will It I guess the reporting function is quite pointless in reality.

I'm normally cautious with pictures anyway so luckily they were only normal pics it judt caught me unawares as I have never had that happen before lesson learned indeed ! "

At least you can get a new sim card if needs be.

over a year ago

"maybe the first pics weren't of him .. so the friend is the real guy"

That is highly possible yes. I'd definitely prefer that to be the case! Blocked anyway and nothing since so that's more than likely the end of that . Really don't know why they bother . Some strange people in the world .

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"maybe the first pics weren't of him .. so the friend is the real guy

That is highly possible yes. I'd definitely prefer that to be the case! Blocked anyway and nothing since so that's more than likely the end of that . Really don't know why they bother . Some strange people in the world ."

Cor ain't that the truth!

over a year ago

If someone has a ban why can't they stop them making anouther account with that email address?

I know it's easy enough to make a new email but it's just another hurdle to put in place

over a year ago

"I would absolutely report that, it's disgraceful.

I had a guy message me yesterday to ask me to contact a lady on his behalf as he was just outside her age range (he was actually 6 years outside her range).

I told him no way would I do that as he should respect her preferences, and that I thought it was creepy of him to ask me.

I've blocked him but not reported, although I'm contemplating whether I should. "

Wow that is quite bizarre ! Very creepy.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think the problem with this kind of incident is that it's one person's word against another so must be quite difficult to sort out.

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

"I would absolutely report that, it's disgraceful.

I've blocked him but not reported, although I'm contemplating whether I should.

Wow that is quite bizarre ! Very creepy. "

I did also inform the lady in question what he had done in case he got someone else to do it. It just so happened the lady was someone we knew

over a year ago

OP what do you think admin are going to and/or can do about it?

You gave a guy your number.

There's nothing they can do about what he actually DID with your number.

That's the risk you took and that's all on you.

over a year ago

"OP what do you think admin are going to and/or can do about it?

You gave a guy your number.

There's nothing they can do about what he actually DID with your number.

That's the risk you took and that's all on you.

"

Yes that kind of was the question as to whether or not it made any difference at all to bother reporting .

It's the nature of it I agree absolutely the risk you take with swopping numbers, everyone can be fooled once in a while and only option is to block and forget about it.

The usual etiquette would of course be not to pass anyone's number on and most wouldn't do so I was just unlucky getting the one that did !

I shall just be extra extra careful now.

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I now have a phone that can block callers so I'm starting to relax about handing out my number. But until recently I'd never give it out.

Mr has the fab phone where people can contact him, but I can't be arsed with 2 phones

over a year ago

"I now have a phone that can block callers so I'm starting to relax about handing out my number. But until recently I'd never give it out.

Mr has the fab phone where people can contact him, but I can't be arsed with 2 phones"

Thank heavens for the block option

Post new Message to Thread