Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

iweb on a Mac help please

Jump to newest

By *litterbabe OP   Woman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I manage my own website on my Mac. I know that iweb is no longer supported and suddenly I can't open my iweb application in the user on my mac that my website is stored in. That means I can't update my site, change prices, or add products that I have here waiting to be uploaded. Does anybody know how I might be able to share the folder with another user on my mac so that I can open it there, as I can't seem to find a way to do it and I'm very worried about it. Thank you so much.

even though the latest version is version 3 mine is version 2.4 for some reason it won't allow an update.

I don't know if that will have anything to do with it or not.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

Can you find the folder using finder?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I recently update to Yosemite,and found many apps didn't or won't work,I contacted apple for there online chat,and got most things sorted,very helpful I found,maybe of help for you,only problem I have now is using eBay,to add things for sale,with safari,I downloaded Firefox and eBay works fine on there,hope this may help....

over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"Can you find the folder using finder?"

Yes,and duplicated it and e-mailed to over to the other user account but I can't manage to save it into iweb on the accoubt that iweb does open on for some reason. Really struggling with this thank you for any help.

over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"I recently update to Yosemite,and found many apps didn't or won't work,I contacted apple for there online chat,and got most things sorted,very helpful I found,maybe of help for you,only problem I have now is using eBay,to add things for sale,with safari,I downloaded Firefox and eBay works fine on there,hope this may help...."

thank you I have opened a ticket it with apple but heard nothing yet.

over a year ago

As long as I'm understanding the question I use Dropbox for collaboration.

Give them access permissions and dump the folder in that, it will "sync" and be accessible from anywhere both by you and anyone you give access permissions to.

I also use Amazon AWS S3 for file sharing.

Another option is Google Docs. But I don't use that so much.

over a year ago

i just googled" i cant use iweb anymore,any ideas", and theres many suggestions,a few alternatives to iweb have been suggested,or,if you can or use snow leopard,apart from that,its a online chat with apple........

over a year ago

on your mac you should find a shared drive

under devices=yourmacsname=users=shared

in your finder menu(if you cant see that use finder preferences to enable it)

This is a folder shared between users so the other user should be able to see it.

This seems to be a common issue, try this article. Read it fully before you try it https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6618398

over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Thank you so much I will have a good look at that and then try it hopefully. Much appreciated

Post new Message to Thread