Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

FASHION GURUS!

Jump to newest

By *urvybrunette91 OP   Woman
over a year ago

tidworth

Just after some general advice. I have a job inter_iew, and I'm quite excited to hopefully move on to new challenges. I'm not nervous about the inter_iew, as I'm obviously sick in the head and enjoy them! But I'm struggling on what to wear!

It's a professional company, in a well known City, do I wear a standard black smart dress? Or a smart dress with a splash of colour which shows more of my personality?!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

the second

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"the second"

I'll second that second. Personality every time.

over a year ago

I agree a splash of colour to show your personality and something for them to remember you by.

By *o30Woman
over a year ago

Lincoln

Second option. A slash of colour or coloured shoes something to make you stand out

over a year ago

Back dress

With red. I think red suits you

over a year ago

I'm a man so not qualified to give fashion tips, but take a notebook and pen, check the pen works before you get there and two copies of your CV. One for you, one for them.

And good luck, knock them dead!!!

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Splash of colour

over a year ago

Definitely add a bit of colour all black is very dull. Even if you went for bright nail varnish it would break it up.

over a year ago

tidworth

"Definitely add a bit of colour all black is very dull. Even if you went for bright nail varnish it would break it up. "

I was either going for black dress with light pink cardigan and matching coloured wedges ankle boots...

Or a dress with some colour, and a black cardigan and black shoes!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Both your choices sound great just make sure that what you're wearing is comfortable and doesn't need adjusting so you can concentrate on the important stuff without worrying about your clothes.

Good luck

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Splash of colour definitely. If it's a nice day you don't want to be drowned in black. Good luck

over a year ago

tidworth

Thank you! Can't wait now! - I've ordered some new dresses too! Love an excuse to online shop!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Thank you! Can't wait now! - I've ordered some new dresses too! Love an excuse to online shop! "

Exciting! Have you got suitable underwear?

over a year ago

tidworth

"Thank you! Can't wait now! - I've ordered some new dresses too! Love an excuse to online shop!

Exciting! Have you got suitable underwear? "

Funny you should ask! I also ordered a really nice 'thing' it's lace-ish and I guess is like suck in pants, with a patterned panel on the front... So hopefully will be suitable, and pretty if I happen to fall over and expose my underwear

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Thank you! Can't wait now! - I've ordered some new dresses too! Love an excuse to online shop!

Exciting! Have you got suitable underwear?

Funny you should ask! I also ordered a really nice 'thing' it's lace-ish and I guess is like suck in pants, with a patterned panel on the front... So hopefully will be suitable, and pretty if I happen to fall over and expose my underwear "

Lol you have every angle covered...

over a year ago

tidworth

Eeeeeeekkkk three dresses I ordered arrived! They are all very flattering and two are inter_iew appropriate! I now can not choose!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Eeeeeeekkkk three dresses I ordered arrived! They are all very flattering and two are inter_iew appropriate! I now can not choose! "

Decide on the day, if you're anything like me you'll wake up feeling like wearing one and not the other.

Post new Message to Thread