Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

the most selfless act

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

The parents of the baby that o my lived for 100 minutes.

They knew early in the pregnancy it wasn't going to survive but carried on with the pregnancy so they could donate his organs.

I hope they find the peace they deserve

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

WOW - I didn't even know that was possible. With the crap we're fed on the news sometimes it's easy to forget there are some genuinely decent people.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

It's a beautiful story and wonderful thing they have done.

My son was too premature and it was so long ago that this wasn't possible then but I wonder if I would have had the strength to agree at the time.

over a year ago

It's these kind of people I like to read about and see on front covers.

Not poxy celebrities like... I could go on forever!

How sweet and a lovely thing to do, but must be devastating at the same time.

over a year ago

Touching story

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"WOW - I didn't even know that was possible. With the crap we're fed on the news sometimes it's easy to forget there are some genuinely decent people."

Where do you live/work if you need the news to inform you there are "genuinely decent people" in the world?

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

Hadn't heard about this....

Crying now

Truly touching x

over a year ago

"It's these kind of people I like to read about and see on front covers.

How sweet and a lovely thing to do, but must be devastating at the same time. "

they have a surfing twin but knew this one was terminally I'll, people amaze me for all the right reasons

over a year ago

*surviving*

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

That's good going.

Another thing worthy of applause is Steve Buscemi. He was a fire fighter in Brooklyn prior to acting and quietly volunteered to work with the NYFD after 9/11, no publicity, just work.

He may be a celeb, but he is also most certainly a human being, too.

over a year ago

"WOW - I didn't even know that was possible. With the crap we're fed on the news sometimes it's easy to forget there are some genuinely decent people.

Where do you live/work if you need the news to inform you there are "genuinely decent people" in the world?"

The point I was making, that clearly escaped you, was that we are fed death and destruction and a world full of terror when in fact the genuinely good people don't get the copy they deserve. In the context of this thread which is about the selflessness of others, I think you've just underlined my point. Well done.

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

I cannot imagine how difficult it was for the parents to loose their baby .Then to allow the baby's liver to be used for transplant is truly amazing . I hope they find some comfort and solace in knowing their child help save anothers life .

Inspiring , uplifting and very humbling x

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"It's these kind of people I like to read about and see on front covers.

How sweet and a lovely thing to do, but must be devastating at the same time. "

over a year ago

Not the most pleasant question but how were those 100 miniutes for the baby?

over a year ago

"WOW - I didn't even know that was possible. With the crap we're fed on the news sometimes it's easy to forget there are some genuinely decent people.

Where do you live/work if you need the news to inform you there are "genuinely decent people" in the world?

The point I was making, that clearly escaped you, was that we are fed death and destruction and a world full of terror when in fact the genuinely good people don't get the copy they deserve. In the context of this thread which is about the selflessness of others, I think you've just underlined my point. Well done."

People want to be sold doom and gloom for the same reason nearly all gossip is negative people want to be informed about potential dangers through instinct.

But these days there is so little danger (suicide is the most likely thing to kill you when your young) that the media has to over egg very minor things into giant dramas

over a year ago

"*surviving*"

A www how wonderful

over a year ago

"*surviving*

A www how wonderful "

Wait if there was a twin then surely they didn't carry on purely for transplant reasons but because an abortion would have killed the healthy twin

over a year ago

"*surviving*

A www how wonderful

Wait if there was a twin then surely they didn't carry on purely for transplant reasons but because an abortion would have killed the healthy twin"

they where given the option of an abortion

over a year ago

"*surviving*

A www how wonderful

Wait if there was a twin then surely they didn't carry on purely for transplant reasons but because an abortion would have killed the healthy twinthey where given the option of an abortion

"

Which would have killed the healthy twin too?

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Not the most pleasant question but how were those 100 miniutes for the baby?

"

Probably sedated as they knew the child would die.

One of the charities I am raising money for this year is SANDS. The loss of a child at or near birth leaves you with all sorts of issues to deal with. The one I found the hardest was registering the death (has to be done in 5 days) before you even required to register the birth.

By *remiumChocolate_milkMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

The parents are on ITV This Morning in just a minute

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"*surviving*

A www how wonderful

Wait if there was a twin then surely they didn't carry on purely for transplant reasons but because an abortion would have killed the healthy twinthey where given the option of an abortion

Which would have killed the healthy twin too?"

Not necessarily.

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

The point I was making, that clearly escaped you, was that we are fed death and destruction and a world full of terror when in fact the genuinely good people don't get the copy they deserve. In the context of this thread which is about the selflessness of others, I think you've just underlined my point. Well done."

Gotcha. There was me thinking you were being facile in a white knight let me say the right thing kinda way. My bad...

over a year ago

Watching it now. What lovely kind hearted people they seem. Very moving story. Bless them.

over a year ago

Just reading it now...choking back tears . I wish them love.and best wishes x

over a year ago

The point I was making, that clearly escaped you, was that we are fed death and destruction and a world full of terror when in fact the genuinely good people don't get the copy they deserve. In the context of this thread which is about the selflessness of others, I think you've just underlined my point. Well done.

Gotcha. There was me thinking you were being facile in a white knight let me say the right thing kinda way. My bad..."

No, not at all. I spent half of my life in service dealing with child and domestic abuse. It bred an unhealthy cynicism which is hard to shake. In fact I was moved following a staff appraisal that said "...but has developed a reputation for cynicism and insolence". It was time to move on...

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

odd as I watched a true story the other day about a couple who knew their baby had a brain problem and was unable to survive and a couple whose baby had a heart problem and wouldn't survive they donated the heart I believe they lived in Vancouver

over a year ago

Serious respect for the parents

Such a sad story

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

Respect

Post new Message to Thread