Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Procrastination

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I wrote on another post earlier this evening that my evening would be spent doing uni work. Since then, I've watched Masterchef, a documentary on Robin Williams, pissed about on the forums, made myself custard and flapjack, chatted on whatsapp with a rather lovely lady and now I'm posting inane shite. I know the works got to be in this Friday so why can't I just get it done!

Why do we procrastinate??? (and yes, this is just another delaying tactic )

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Because some of us like to convince ourselves we work better under pressure...

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

I'm bad for it too. Always have been, it's escpecially hard when you work from home, so many distractions.

And on a side note, who you rooting for on MC?

By *onyneMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

I will have a good think about replying to your post and consider what I might say over the next few days...

Seriously though, I can be a terrible procrastinator, but move really quickly when things really need done, which has saved me on umpteen occasions

Just get it done!

Good luck...

By *eithoWoman
over a year ago

Chatham

Glad I'm not the only one!

I've got exams coming up and I've been pissing about not studying all day. Did open books briefly, decided the stress it provoked wasn't fun and went on iPlayer instead.

over a year ago

"Because some of us like to convince ourselves we work better under pressure..."

The worst thing is I know I don't. Grrr. FrustratedAtMyself.com!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You're not alone Debs I think I'm the worlds worst at times & I get so annoyed at myself when I do.

Tonight I should have packed for my weekend away but noooooo as I can't decide what to pack I've been chatting to friends and messing about on here instead!!

over a year ago

What subject, if you don't mind me asking?

over a year ago

I just can't figure the why of it, but I'll make myself feel better known that I'm not alone!

By *onyneMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

If we decided to start a procrastinators support group we would all shilly-shally for months before even really thinking about where it could be held and when...

I have come round to the conclusion over the years that it isn't entirely a bad thing... Maybe doing things in good time and with a lot of good planning and thought is overrated...

Er, hang on a minute...might rethink that a little now I see it in print.

Good luck anyway, I am sure you will get it all done

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I call it thinking time.

over a year ago

"I call it thinking time.

"

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I'm dreadful....only get anything done if someone imposes a deadline on me.

By *eanut Butter CupWoman
over a year ago

B & M Bargains

Master procrastinator here! I've been staying late at work to revise, and i just end up having a mooch on here! I've tried going to the library and leaving my phone at home, but I still start browsing books instead of reading my textbook

over a year ago

"I wrote on another post earlier this evening that my evening would be spent doing uni work. Since then, I've watched Masterchef, a documentary on Robin Williams, pissed about on the forums, made myself custard and flapjack, chatted on whatsapp with a rather lovely lady and now I'm posting inane shite. I know the works got to be in this Friday so why can't I just get it done!

Why do we procrastinate??? (and yes, this is just another delaying tactic )"

Was the custard and flapjack inspired by masterchef?

And I have to say. You can have very productive chats on what's app especially with lovely ladies?!

But tut tut, due in Friday?

That means time to knuckle down lady and bust that assignments arse!

By *ipswingCouple
over a year ago

portrush

i too .. assignment due...but washing the windows are more important..

over a year ago

"I wrote on another post earlier this evening that my evening would be spent doing uni work. Since then, I've watched Masterchef, a documentary on Robin Williams, pissed about on the forums, made myself custard and flapjack, chatted on whatsapp with a rather lovely lady and now I'm posting inane shite. I know the works got to be in this Friday so why can't I just get it done!

Why do we procrastinate??? (and yes, this is just another delaying tactic )"

Ha! I have a similar problem. Yesterday I played Warcraft and chatted to people online instead of doing work that's due in shortly. Last week I spent two days making a costume that I don't need for another six weeks.

over a year ago

I am in the middle of my final exams and I find it helps when we study in a group. It's easier to get in the right mind frame .

over a year ago

"I am in the middle of my final exams and I find it helps when we study in a group. It's easier to get in the right mind frame ."

What group work taught me:

2% Communication

2% Responsibility

2% Collaboration

2% Teamwork

92% TRUST NO ONE

over a year ago

"I am in the middle of my final exams and I find it helps when we study in a group. It's easier to get in the right mind frame .

What group work taught me:

2% Communication

2% Responsibility

2% Collaboration

2% Teamwork

92% TRUST NO ONE"

Sorry to hear that, but usually when people have a common goal they will help out others.

over a year ago

Was the Robin Williams documentary any good Debs?

I started watching it, but I was alomost on fire due to the fire being on full blast, sat with my dad so I came home and just got into bed.

Good luck with your studying

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

I'll have a think and give you an answer tomorrow...

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

As great as Uni was for us both I for one don't miss this side to it at all. I was one of those that did work well under pressure but the stress was immense and uneccesary . The mañana effect had a grip back then and went hand in hand with the student union bar.

Him

Post new Message to Thread