Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

anyone ever owend a pug dog

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So me and the missus want a dog. I've owned two boxers before (love them) but due to lifestyles we both wouldn't want something as mad.

So she has half convinced me of what I've always called rats (toy dogs)

After researching it seems its considered cruel to own one. Anybody owned and their experiences greatly appreciated. Weird ask but not a lot of good info available as most just go awww cute doggie without educating themselves

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Pugs themselves aren't cruel to own. But many of the dogs bred specifically to be small e.g. teacup Yorkies, etc. are cruel. They often die when they give birth, or at the very least need intervention because they are not big enough to give birth.

Most dogs these days are nothing resembling the original breed and with that comes a whole heap of problems with breathing, birthing, genetic defects.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Growing up my parents were large dog breeders

I bought a 'toy' breed years ago and wouldn't change it for the world.

My mother is currently looking to buy a black pug, they are nice little dogs but like any animal can come with big problems. The main thing for pugs are breathing issues due to the short snout. It might be worth contacting a reputable breeder you can do this by contacting a pug club in the UK. Avoid the kennel club register as anyone can join that.

Our breeder friend currently has a litter of fawn pugs about 4 weeks old feel free to inbox me I'm happy to give u her details so u can contact her for advice etc.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"

Our breeder friend currently has a litter of fawn pugs about 4 weeks old feel free to inbox me I'm happy to give u her details so u can contact her for advice etc. "

Lol don't tempt hehe. Ive become fond of them now I know they are lil shits ie dont obey.

After researching I found the documentary pedigree dogs exposed. God the kennel club are disgusting and now i hate crufts for best in show.

no 2 dog on the hitlist for problems is pugs after my fav but now im disgusted by the breeding of them. The bulldog.

I've had the boxers and guess ive been lucky as they have a myriad of problems themselves.

im aware if we go the pug route. Its probably going to have its nose drilled out or soft pallete adapted. At least have one eye surgery. The one that worries me is are they a ticking timebomb with the respiratory system. Airlines wont fly them and I've heard they pass out. I know its not a running dog but really does concern me

Post new Message to Thread