Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Profiles..? Read or ignore..?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This has probably been covered before, but two examples that have got my gander up, not literally.

Profile says, Please read, and Please send a message worth reading as one liners are lazy.

I did both, the message I sent contained subjects mentioned in their profile as well as niceties. Their reply was two words..and the two words weren't fuck off..lol...lazy I think..?

Example two...Profile mentioned the fact that manners were at the top of their priorities and they hated ignorance.

Again I sent what I thought was a pleasant message, lots of please and thankyous, what was their response..? No response..now that's being ignorant.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"This has probably been covered before, but two examples that have got my gander up, not literally.

Profile says, Please read, and Please send a message worth reading as one liners are lazy.

I did both, the message I sent contained subjects mentioned in their profile as well as niceties. Their reply was two words..and the two words weren't fuck off..lol...lazy I think..?

Example two...Profile mentioned the fact that manners were at the top of their priorities and they hated ignorance.

Again I sent what I thought was a pleasant message, lots of please and thankyous, what was their response..? No response..now that's being ignorant.

"

we tend to avoid profiles like that anyway because there aren't enough hours in the day to spare for being wound up

over a year ago

I think that's my next step, avoidance of similar profile's is best.

Thanks for advice..xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Some users I've found (females mainly) demand based on their profiles write up the world. Yet many of these same users fail to give what they expect. It's part of the fabworld.

Women do have more choices on here and they will reply or not as it suits them.

Advice I can give - if you send a message and they don't reply or you feel they are rude, just move on to another interest

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"This has probably been covered before, but two examples that have got my gander up, not literally.

"

I would assume that your probably not quite what they are looking for.

Maybe your version of a good/plesant message doesn't match theirs. Maybe they are busy and will reply properly in a day or so. Who knows...

Don't let it annoy you, there are lots of other fish in the sea.

over a year ago

just keep sending fancy a fuck or if your daring fancy my cocksnot up ya fartpipe!

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

If you want to exchange messages with people who want their profiles read you're going to have to pay it a certain amount of attention to get off first base. Time consuming it can be and a waste of your time if no response is forthcoming but that's the chance you take. We message and receive zero replies at times, some just stop chatting after a while but we've ALWAYS read their profile/veris before messaging just to 'know' something about them and not just be picture based messaging. We do the same with messages we receive and reply to those we're interested in.

over a year ago

I've had my messages switched off for 4 months now and there's no stress on here at all. I don't even message people because I'm not in a meeting kind of mood.

over a year ago

Just send another 12 messages one after another like we got the other day after a polite rejection.

over a year ago

I've pretty much given up with messaging on here unless it's friends. Just coming in for the pictures and forums.

It doesn't matter how polite or curtous you are, there will be many that just ignore you. I understand that single males the are in the majority, so it's just par for the course now.

I found the clubs suit me well, face to face chat is much easier at times.

There are good people here though, so hopefully you'll fins them soon enough.

over a year ago

"

OP, did either profile state that all messages would be replied to?

No, I didn't think so.

over a year ago

You can write a message on par with the works of Shakespeare but if they don't fancy the author then in line with the rules of the site they are not compelled to reply.

Ignorant possibly but not a given.

over a year ago

Do you read all the profile, including age range?

Just asking coz my profile says if you get the message saying i don't want messages from you then it's unlikely i'll reply but i still get guys out of my age range messaging me, got one now asking if i'm not talking and he's outta my range (i also ask people not to message me over and over as well, seems he can't read anything).

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

What I prefer not to get is one I received today, it was nice enough and I've to decide whether to respond or not.

The reason for this is he had to send another one to apologise for calling me the wrong name.

over a year ago

"

There no excuse for rudeness I'm not even going to begin to justify why someone would reply to an opening message with fuck off

As for not replying to mail, I used to try and reply to all mine, even though that's a lot, even with a simple no thanks, the problem is a lot of people on here can't accept a polite no thanks and have to start getting abusive, I've been called everything from a fat cunt to a two bit used whore on here by guys I've simply said no thanks to, I even had one guy tell me he hoped the next guy I met beat me up and raped me

You can only read that kind of childish behaviour so many times before you stop sending out no thanks mail

I no longer reply to anyone I'm not interested in not because I'm sick of the nasty come backs

Not saying that's why you didn't get a reply but its a possibility I know there are a few women on here who have had the same

over a year ago

"

It's always they way... One rule for them etc

over a year ago

This is like the subject from eternity. Man up and move on.

over a year ago

There no excuse for rudeness I'm not even going to begin to justify why someone would reply to an opening message with fuck off

As for not replying to mail, I used to try and reply to all mine, even though that's a lot, even with a simple no thanks, the problem is a lot of people on here can't accept a polite no thanks and have to start getting abusive, I've been called everything from a fat cunt to a two bit used whore on here by guys I've simply said no thanks to, I even had one guy tell me he hoped the next guy I met beat me up and raped me

You can only read that kind of childish behaviour so many times before you stop sending out no thanks mail

I no longer reply to anyone I'm not interested in not because I'm sick of the nasty come backs

Not saying that's why you didn't get a reply but its a possibility I know there are a few women on here who have had the same "

I've had similar from men I've said no thanks to. Even had some try and belittle me on the forum because of my preference.

Don't let other people change you. If you are polite carry on being polite. Unfortunately on here there are rude and ignorant people. Don't become one yourself

over a year ago

If it was our profile you looked at, we apologize. When we're at home on the pc we tend to right a lot more. If we had a five minute break and we've check our account on our phone, messages tend to be real short. ( We have monkey fingers.)

over a year ago

"This is like the subject from eternity. Man up and move on. "

To be fair it's quite annoying when you do what they ask and it's still not good enough.

over a year ago

Not saying that's why you didn't get a reply but its a possibility I know there are a few women on here who have had the same "

this^^^^ when I first joined I tried to reply to all that were more than hi, but the vile abuse I got back was horrifying, so now it is very rare that I send a no thanks message, it may seem rude to the guys who can accept a polite decline, but there were too many who didn't, and I dont come on here to recieve abuse, for some reason they didnt think that you were what they are looking for, but you will be for plenty.x

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

I just look at the fajiners

over a year ago

"I just look at the fajiners "

With chicken and salsa ?

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"I just look at the fajiners

With chicken and salsa ? "

Yes, never guacamole though, it conjures the wrong impression.

over a year ago

"This is like the subject from eternity. Man up and move on. "

Its not a gripe or a case of manning up...I'm very new here and I did start the thread saying it had probably been covered. I haven't been crying over, or sending messages back asking for their reasons, not my bag to annoy or pester.

Anyways , thanks for all the positive advice from all of the positive advisers...love, light and peace.

over a year ago

No, I didn't think so."

Of course they did, both did, and I caps, if their stipulations were met, I wouldn't have wrote or started this thread otherwise.

I think someone needs to go to bed and get out the right side and stop assuming things.

over a year ago

"This is like the subject from eternity. Man up and move on.

To be fair it's quite annoying when you do what they ask and it's still not good enough."

I don't understand what's so "annoying" about it. Rejection is the nature of the beast here and in life in general.

I didn't mean to come across as harsh, but this is such a tiresome subject.

over a year ago

I do reply to decent messages as long as they're from people I'm looking to meet.

I'm not looking to meet single men so those get deleted unread. As someone's status once said 'If you can't be arsed to read my profile, I can't be arsed to answer.'

You can only do what you can OP, you also have a block button for those you consider rude and ignorant.

over a year ago

just blocked the dumbass messaging me. was really hard to not tell him to fuck off.

over a year ago

Women get loads of emails and ignores 98 percent. Fab is a womans world lol

over a year ago

To be fair it's quite annoying when you do what they ask and it's still not good enough.

I don't understand what's so "annoying" about it. Rejection is the nature of the beast here and in life in general.

I didn't mean to come across as harsh, but this is such a tiresome subject."

To you perhaps but to new members it's often a bit of a shock.

over a year ago

Which irked you more? The two word answer ir the delete with no reply?

As you say you are new to the site, I suggest it is something you get used to. Like you, I read profiles and if i match their criteria, I message. Most of the time its deleted with no reply or on the odd occasion it may be a 'no thanks' or 'thanks but you're not what we are looking for'.

You just have to realise its not just you it happens to. It also happens to the tens of thousands of men on here. Note, I said tens of thousands! Therein is the reason. There is always someone, better looking, better build, more eloquent or whatever.

However there's always the chance, that there isn't!

over a year ago

"You can write a message on par with the works of Shakespeare but if they don't fancy the author then in line with the rules of the site they are not compelled to reply.

Ignorant possibly but not a given. "

over a year ago

No, I didn't think so.

Of course they did, both did, and I caps, if their stipulations were met, I wouldn't have wrote or started this thread otherwise.

I think someone needs to go to bed and get out the right side and stop assuming things."

Perhaps their stipulations weren't met from their point of view? Perhaps they did not fancy you?

And, thank you, we will be going to bed, but not with you.

over a year ago

No, I didn't think so.

I think someone needs to go to bed and get out the right side and stop assuming things.

Perhaps their stipulations weren't met from their point of view? Perhaps they did not fancy you?

And, thank you, we will be going to bed, but not with you."

Thanks goodness for small mercies', emphasis on the small..

over a year ago

No, I didn't think so.

Thanks goodness for small mercies', emphasis on the small.. "

Without risking a ban, I wish you good luck and do now understand why you may not receive as many replies as you felt entitled to.

over a year ago

Unfortunately it happens here to us all, but why let it ruin your experience, just chalk it up to experience and choose who you message a little more wisely next time. Good luck op I am sure you will do just fine here.

over a year ago

No, I didn't think so.

Without risking a ban, I wish you good luck and do now understand why you may not receive as many replies as you felt entitled to."

Thankyou so much for your kind words and advice. Here's hoping you too find everything you desire from here on in...hugs and so many kisses that they cant be counted on one finger..x

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple
over a year ago

Manchester Area

"just keep sending fancy a fuck or if your daring fancy my cocksnot up ya fartpipe! "

And if you are still in with a chance after sending those niceities, your third message could ask if you can smash her back doors in

over a year ago

No, I didn't think so.

My beds always an open invite

Did I sound a bit desparate there

over a year ago

To be fair it's quite annoying when you do what they ask and it's still not good enough."

I agree.

I reply to all 1st messages. Only had one abusive mail. So approx. 99.5% were fine.

If some people (let's face it, it's usually couples and women) weren't so shitty and rude, this place would be loads nicer. The men that are rude are usually that way after receiving tons of abuse... or no replies... from women and couples....

over a year ago

I like the ones that say: "don't message me unless you are athletic, big cock, tall etc etc"

Eh have you seen yourself sweetheart

over a year ago

I agree.

I reply to all 1st messages. Only had one abusive mail. So approx. 99.5% were fine.

If some people (let's face it, it's usually couples and women) weren't so shitty and rude, this place would be loads nicer. The men that are rude are usually that way after receiving tons of abuse... or no replies... from women and couples.... "

over a year ago

can't tar all females with the same brush! ...I always reply with a polite not for me thanks....takes seconds to do....

over a year ago

"I like the ones that say: "don't message me unless you are athletic, big cock, tall etc etc"

Eh have you seen yourself sweetheart "

ha ha say that then....will really pee them off ....oops...I am in a feisty mood today ha ha

over a year ago

No, I didn't think so.

over a year ago

No, I didn't think so.

Without risking a ban, I wish you good luck and do now understand why you may not receive as many replies as you felt entitled to."

I try and stay out of these spats. But i feel you should heed your own words. You started the ball rolling with a quite frankly holier than though attitude to which the op responded with a light hearted bugger off.

over a year ago

I agree.

If some people (let's face it, it's usually couples and women) weren't so shitty and rude, this place would be loads nicer. The men that are rude are usually that way after receiving tons of abuse... or no replies... from women and couples.... "

although I think that you may well be right, that doesn't excuse the abuse, I left for a long while, partly due to some of the messages I got back, after I had declined.

I dont get the volume of messages that some women and couples get, but I just dont want the abuse, so I rarely reply if they are not what Im looking for.

over a year ago

I agree.

If some people (let's face it, it's usually couples and women) weren't so shitty and rude, this place would be loads nicer. The men that are rude are usually that way after receiving tons of abuse... or no replies... from women and couples....

although I think that you may well be right, that doesn't excuse the abuse, I left for a long while, partly due to some of the messages I got back, after I had declined.

I dont get the volume of messages that some women and couples get, but I just dont want the abuse, so I rarely reply if they are not what Im looking for. "

I'm absolutely not excusing the abuse, sorry if it came across that way.

There's no excuse for anyone to be abusive- men, women, couples, etc. Just saying that some people are rude and that makes others rude and it just snowballs from there.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's been covered ad nauseam in the forums and fab advice is explicitly clear - take a no response as meaning the recipients are not interested in you.

A sender cannot impose his own rules onto the recipients who have not solicited his message.

You can make your message superior to a Shakespearean sonnet but if the recipients aren't interested, them you are pissing in the wind.

over a year ago

I see profiles as a slight leg up on trying to contact someone. At least I know to ignore certain females if they explicitly state no single males. It can be frustrating but as said loads above, if my profile doesn't work for them its best the ignore me saves time for both parties.

Shame there isn't a 'I looked at you, saw you didn't want a message so didn't write you one button.' I'd at least feel good then for observing women's profile boundaries!

James xx

over a year ago

I agree.

I dont get the volume of messages that some women and couples get, but I just dont want the abuse, so I rarely reply if they are not what Im looking for.

I'm absolutely not excusing the abuse, sorry if it came across that way.

There's no excuse for anyone to be abusive- men, women, couples, etc. Just saying that some people are rude and that makes others rude and it just snowballs from there.

"

over a year ago

I'm still at the stage of trying to work out if the people that write to me are genuine, especially lone women!

over a year ago

I find most people who have the "read thw profile" have wrote it so long ago they don't even know what's in thier own profile anymlre

over a year ago

No, I didn't think so.

I think you Dodged a bullet there mate lol

over a year ago

"It's been covered ad nauseam in the forums and fab advice is explicitly clear - take a no response as meaning the recipients are not interested in you.

A sender cannot impose his own rules onto the recipients who have not solicited his message.

You can make your message superior to a Shakespearean sonnet but if the recipients aren't interested, them you are pissing in the wind."

I agree with this. If you're approaching someone then they have boundaries and rules and basically do hold all the power in whether they respond to you or not. This is how it is in every day life, you can't force anyone to do anything.

Post new Message to Thread