Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hayfever

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

My hayfever season is in full swing but I can't find antihistamine eye drops anywhere.

This year I've developed an itchy face too.

Do you think using antihistamine cream on my face will help with the itchy eyes? Obviously, I don't mean sticking the cream in my eyes.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hekaiserMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"My hayfever season is in full swing but I can't find antihistamine eye drops anywhere.

Do you think using antihistamine cream on my face will help with the itchy eyes? Obviously, I don't mean sticking the cream in my eyes. "

Try opticrom eye drops...they are pretty good.

Cant comment about the face cream as i tend to take the antihistamine tablet and use the eye drops...

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

cold water on cotton wool balls helps me

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

"cold water on cotton wool balls helps me"

dabbed on closed eyes I mean

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I use a nasal spray and this does help with my eyes.

over a year ago

"My hayfever season is in full swing but I can't find antihistamine eye drops anywhere.

Do you think using antihistamine cream on my face will help with the itchy eyes? Obviously, I don't mean sticking the cream in my eyes.

Cant comment about the face cream as i tend to take the antihistamine tablet and use the eye drops..."

I take a tablet and that works on the itchy throat and nose but it doesn't seem to help my eyes.

over a year ago

Tablets & sunglasses - the stuff you wipe around your nose is good too

over a year ago

Do you think using antihistamine cream on my face will help with the itchy eyes? Obviously, I don't mean sticking the cream in my eyes. "

I feel your pain Lickety but No, I think that would be uncomfortable to say the least. A swift shot of something strong and a cold wet towel until you can get to the chemist is the only option at this time on a Sunday!!

over a year ago

"I use a nasal spray and this does help with my eyes. "

That's an idea () - I'll pick up some nasal spray on the way to work.

Thanks Mr. P.

By *homasP80Man
over a year ago

Linwood

Yea, I suffer from it, but don't last too long now, mainly:

May

June

July

Aug

I suffer worst these months.

over a year ago

Cant comment about the face cream as i tend to take the antihistamine tablet and use the eye drops..."

yes the eyedrops are great, i also take ledum tablets for my allergies....its homeopathic stuff and its great .... may be worth a try.......

over a year ago

I feel your pain Lickety but No, I think that would be uncomfortable to say the least. A swift shot of something strong and a cold wet towel until you can get to the chemist is the only option at this time on a Sunday!!"

I might stick an eye mask in the freezer and use that tonight.

I just need to avoid the 3am itch fest.

over a year ago

I've grown out of hayfever.

I used to get it really bad.

But I think that was when I was younger and still lived at home in the country.

Now I live in the city it's ok.

I'm allergic to dust now.

Excessive dust.

over a year ago

We've all been suffering today especially my little one with itchy, streaming eyes wet towel as suggested above is pretty effective.

Tomorrow I'm on the search for locally produced honey as I've heard it's excellent for helping to relieve the hayfever symptoms.

over a year ago

I feel your pain Lickety but No, I think that would be uncomfortable to say the least. A swift shot of something strong and a cold wet towel until you can get to the chemist is the only option at this time on a Sunday!!

"

Yep - that'll work, i always have an emergency bag of frozen peas just for those gawd damn i wanna scratch my eye balls out moments! Us blokes don't do eye masks you see

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

loratadine Tablets.. is what I use..

Think that's what's its called ??

Have tried allsorts - local honey and the likes and also Used the Eye drops and nose inhalers etc etc

But - These Tablets seem like Great Stuff and only seem to need to take 1 every now and again..

over a year ago

Yep - that'll work, i always have an emergency bag of frozen peas just for those gawd damn i wanna scratch my eye balls out moments! Us blokes don't do eye masks you see "

I don't have frozen peas. I think the frozen lobster could be awkward and the ice cream lollies might be messy.

over a year ago

"loratadine Tablets.. is what I use..

Have tried allsorts - local honey and the likes and also Used the Eye drops and nose inhalers etc etc

But - These Tablets seem like Great Stuff and only seem to need to take 1 every now and again.. "

Yep - loratadine. I have to take antihistamines every day of the year so have to rotate them otherwise they stop working so well. The other one is Cetrizine - both are available as supermarket own brands for a fraction of the branded ones (& are exactly the same dosage)

over a year ago

Yep - that'll work, i always have an emergency bag of frozen peas just for those gawd damn i wanna scratch my eye balls out moments! Us blokes don't do eye masks you see

I don't have frozen peas. I think the frozen lobster could be awkward and the ice cream lollies might be messy. "

Bring me some peas and make it snappy!

over a year ago

"loratadine Tablets.. is what I use..

But - These Tablets seem like Great Stuff and only seem to need to take 1 every now and again.. "

I can't use Loratadine without experiencing constipation so I use Cetrizine based tablets.

I think that my body is a little immune to using antihistamines as I was on them daily for 12 years until two years ago. Now they don't give the same sort of relief.

Right, off to recover the eye mask from the freezer. Take the tablet and hope for the best.

I wish all you fellow suffers an itch free night.

over a year ago

Cetirizine + nose spray + eye drops + balm on my nose + sunglasses + washing my hair every night to wash the pollen out of it is my routine from May to July

over a year ago

balm! That's what I meant by nose stuff

over a year ago

"balm! That's what I meant by nose stuff "

Stuff you wipe around your nose also works as a description

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

If loratidine and cetirizine don't work well for you, see your GP as there are other, prescription only, anti-histamines.

Desloratidine and fexofenadine are examples. There are probably more though.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I've heard good things about Prevalin nasal spray too, though I've not tried it.

over a year ago

I've never found anything that works. If it gets really bad, drink yourself to sleep.

By *tep121Man
over a year ago

manchester

I'm glad that the worse I get is just blocked nose/ runny nose.

Did have it far worse and was on tablets for most of the year, but when it dropped to just blocked nose, I thought stuff it. I'll just deal with it. It's now my 7th year of it being like this

When I was at my worst, I missed the last half of the British gp at Silverstone. Really miffed off with that. Couldn't keep eyes open as they were hurting that bad..

over a year ago

rub vaseline under your nose - catches the pollen and stops it going up the nostrils

By *inky pWoman
over a year ago

leicester

They reckon if you eat honey produced by your local bees it builds up an intolerance to how the pollen effects you.dont no how true it is though.

over a year ago

"They reckon if you eat honey produced by your local bees it builds up an intolerance to how the pollen effects you.dont no how true it is though."

Yes that's what I've heard too, honey produced within 5 miles of where you live? ~ which isn't easy to find!

over a year ago

"I've never found anything that works. If it gets really bad, drink yourself to sleep."

have u tried Ledum? homeopathic stuff? i find it brilliant.......

over a year ago

The frozen eye mask helped a lot and then the mowers were out at 7am in the park by my bedroom window.

Sorting myself out properly at the chemist tomorrow.

over a year ago

Countryfile featuring hayfever this week.

over a year ago

I have hayfever, i own a garden centre and live out in the countryside. Still have a filthy session in the fields though

over a year ago

"I have hayfever, i own a garden centre and live out in the countryside. Still have a filthy session in the fields though "

How do you do it?

They are talking about immunotherapy now.

over a year ago

I have steroid tablets frome the dr, used to have a injection.

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

High dose fexafenadrine here, nasal spray, eye drops, vaseline round my nostrils every day, inhalers, steroids and anti-histamine cream. Wear glasses out and about every day too to protect my eyes.

Started using it all early last month - its the only benefit of todays snow - a wee break from it.

I'll be rattling with hayfever remedy from now until october.

Its miserable.

Oh and cooled camomile tea bags do wonders on really itchy eyes.

over a year ago

"I have steroid tablets frome the dr, used to have a injection. "

I had steroid injections when I was doing my GCSEs, AS levels and A Levels to stop hayfever buggering up my exams.

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

"I use a nasal spray and this does help with my eyes. "

over a year ago

"The frozen eye mask helped a lot and then the mowers were out at 7am in the park by my bedroom window. I remember once cutting ours early like That because the weather was so nice Did,nt go down well with the neibour Even thou it was quite bright at the time ..

Sorting myself out properly at the chemist tomorrow.

"

Post new Message to Thread