Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Subject of infatuation

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Has anyone on here (probably more a question for the women this one) ever found themselves the object of someone's most passionate desires, either sexually or romantically?

If so, then how did it make you feel? Were you flattered, frightened, or not particularly affected by someone having such an intense attraction to you?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oconut2Woman
over a year ago

Nether regions of the back of beyond

I was infatuated by the pic of your cock but it's gone now

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I was infatuated by the pic of your cock but it's gone now "

over a year ago

Infatuation is a strong word.

I've never had someone infatuated with me.

over a year ago

Yeah a few times, we're not talking about partners or people you were in a relationship with?

One guy i felt the same way about him so it was good and i was happy about it. Anyone else it's sort of flattering but then you have to realise that infatuation doesn't always happen because you're so great or whatever, but it's down to the person being lonely or can't find anyone else so they focus on you.

Never been scared by it. One guy bothered me a bit because he was being sneaky about it and wasn't taking no for an answer, still don't know if i'm rid of him or not yet.

over a year ago

Bit bunny stew that...There was someone, once.

He's gone quiet now.

over a year ago

"Has anyone on here (probably more a question for the women this one) ever found themselves the object of someone's most passionate desires, either sexually or romantically?

If so, then how did it make you feel? Were you flattered, frightened, or not particularly affected by someone having such an intense attraction to you?"

Yes. Sexually harrassed. On here. Daily. And I lurrve it

Seriously though, there was one guy that was sweet at first but became cloyingly annoying.

He laid it on so thickly, I felt smothered. Not a good feeling. It just becomes weird when someone you hardly know has "strong" feelings for you. Doubly so when you're part of a couple. We had to block him. He's the only person on our block list as we've never felt the need to block anyone until him.

S x

over a year ago

You really think this is more directed at women???

I would have thought both sexes capable of infatuation?....

No. I've not experienced it. I don't make a habit of chatting to anyone who gets remotely involved beyond friendly. They get blocked quicker than a quick thing.

over a year ago

"Seriously though, there was one guy that was sweet at first but became cloyingly annoying.

He laid it on so thickly, I felt smothered. Not a good feeling. It just becomes weird when someone you hardly know has "strong" feelings for you. Doubly so when you're part of a couple. We had to block him. He's the only person on our block list as we've never felt the need to block anyone until him.

S x

"

Did he ever attempt to explain how and why he felt that way toward you, or did he simply just pour out his emotions and expect you to understand?

By *ummersun99Woman
over a year ago

North Yorkshire by the Sea

Once, but not here, an Ex. It was very flattering at first, but then disturbing/frightening.

If you are both intensely into each other I imagine it's explosively hot, but when it's without consent it's just bad.

over a year ago

"Seriously though, there was one guy that was sweet at first but became cloyingly annoying.

S x

Did he ever attempt to explain how and why he felt that way toward you, or did he simply just pour out his emotions and expect you to understand?"

He couldn't explain. I think it was less about me to be honest, more a need about him?

I'm a good listener and get pretty animated/show a lot of interest in a lot of things, he probably felt special. I'm like that with most people though. I think he took it as something it really wasn't.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Has anyone on here (probably more a question for the women this one) ever found themselves the object of someone's most passionate desires, either sexually or romantically?

If so, then how did it make you feel? Were you flattered, frightened, or not particularly affected by someone having such an intense attraction to you?"

I'm well into intensity, I seem to attract it and I love it, it's flattering, yes, and exhilarating if you feel the same. I've once or twice had it from guys I felt nothing for, and that can get creepy or even scary pretty quick.

over a year ago

If so, then how did it make you feel? Were you flattered, frightened, or not particularly affected by someone having such an intense attraction to you?

I'm well into intensity, I seem to attract it and I love it, it's flattering, yes, and exhilarating if you feel the same. I've once or twice had it from guys I felt nothing for, and that can get creepy or even scary pretty quick. "

If you felt nothing for them, how do you suppose these feelings came about in them? Were they people you knew, friends maybe, what kind of people did they come across as?

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

I'm well into intensity, I seem to attract it and I love it, it's flattering, yes, and exhilarating if you feel the same. I've once or twice had it from guys I felt nothing for, and that can get creepy or even scary pretty quick.

If you felt nothing for them, how do you suppose these feelings came about in them? Were they people you knew, friends maybe, what kind of people did they come across as?"

Are you the recipient or the infatuated?

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

If you felt nothing for them, how do you suppose these feelings came about in them? Were they people you knew, friends maybe, what kind of people did they come across as?"

One really bad one was a guy I worked with who seemed perfectly normal - he was assigned as my copywriter, and he was even married. It just came totally out of the blue, I was never even the slightest bit flirty and he was SO not my type, but he just fawned all over me like a love-sick puppy and would not quit when I protested, it was awful. I had to go to the management in the end and ask to be reassigned, it was intolerable.

More recently was a young guy from a dating site who ended up getting stalkery and sending long texts about fantasies he had about me, but he was definitely a bit OCD I think. I only ever had lunch with him and chatted in a very general way so I have no idea why really.

over a year ago

If you felt nothing for them, how do you suppose these feelings came about in them? Were they people you knew, friends maybe, what kind of people did they come across as?

One really bad one was a guy I worked with who seemed perfectly normal - he was assigned as my copywriter, and he was even married. It just came totally out of the blue, I was never even the slightest bit flirty and he was SO not my type, but he just fawned all over me like a love-sick puppy and would not quit when I protested, it was awful. I had to go to the management in the end and ask to be reassigned, it was intolerable."

So how did he break it to you, was it done in a jokey friendly sort of way, or a more serious approach like you do with either a marriage proposal or confiding in someone a serious problem?

"More recently was a young guy from a dating site who ended up getting stalkery and sending long texts about fantasies he had about me, but he was definitely a bit OCD I think. I only ever had lunch with him and chatted in a very general way so I have no idea why really."

Was there anything in particular that made you think he was OCD?

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

One really bad one was a guy I worked with who seemed perfectly normal - he was assigned as my copywriter, and he was even married. It just came totally out of the blue, I was never even the slightest bit flirty and he was SO not my type, but he just fawned all over me like a love-sick puppy and would not quit when I protested, it was awful. I had to go to the management in the end and ask to be reassigned, it was intolerable.

So how did he break it to you, was it done in a jokey friendly sort of way, or a more serious approach like you do with either a marriage proposal or confiding in someone a serious problem?

More recently was a young guy from a dating site who ended up getting stalkery and sending long texts about fantasies he had about me, but he was definitely a bit OCD I think. I only ever had lunch with him and chatted in a very general way so I have no idea why really.

Was there anything in particular that made you think he was OCD?"

In hindsight I could see some of his responses to casual remarks were OTT, offering to go to extraordinary lengths to help me, and over lunch there were 'problems' with cutlery not being perfect etc.

The writer was not jokey at all, but sickly sweet all the time, effusive with compliments, terms of endearments etc. and of course I could not get away from it all day.

over a year ago

In hindsight I could see some of his responses to casual remarks were OTT, offering to go to extraordinary lengths to help me, and over lunch there were 'problems' with cutlery not being perfect etc.

The writer was not jokey at all, but sickly sweet all the time, effusive with compliments, terms of endearments etc. and of course I could not get away from it all day. "

Did you find it all rather repulsive?

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

The writer was not jokey at all, but sickly sweet all the time, effusive with compliments, terms of endearments etc. and of course I could not get away from it all day.

Did you find it all rather repulsive?"

Yes, the writer very much so, it turned my stomach. The other was more scary- if someone won't stop texting you it's a real violation.

over a year ago

Yes, the writer very much so, it turned my stomach. The other was more scary- if someone won't stop texting you it's a real violation. "

I once read a tip I thought sounded pretty good, never tried it though - they say if you're getting hounded by texts, make one up yourself, all in capital letters and looking like something official, a message to the effect of

'THIS IS AN AUTOMATED TEXT FROM (network provider), SORRY, BUT THIS NUMBER IS NO LONGER IN USE.'

Reply with it immediately every time they text you.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Yes, the writer very much so, it turned my stomach. The other was more scary- if someone won't stop texting you it's a real violation.

I once read a tip I thought sounded pretty good, never tried it though - they say if you're getting hounded by texts, make one up yourself, all in capital letters and looking like something official, a message to the effect of

'THIS IS AN AUTOMATED TEXT FROM (network provider), SORRY, BUT THIS NUMBER IS NO LONGER IN USE.'

Reply with it immediately every time they text you."

Good idea. My large, black, ex-boxer friend with the huge deep voice was going to have words if he did not stop, but I ignored them and he did before long.

By *ipsTeaserCouple
over a year ago

here and there, thereabouts

I've had this a few times, Inc from a random customer at work when I was in my teens.

Initially if it presents harmless enough it can be flattering, but as in two of my cases(years apart) it can become quite frightening and upsetting fairly fast, particularly when you have been upfront and honest and made it clear how you feel.

I this applys just as much to men though. I knew a friend who was stalked by his ex girlfriend and that started as 'infatuation'

over a year ago

Only the one. Took over a year for him to get the message I was not interested. Silly man kept telling me he was falling in love and spoke about marriage. We had never even met!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I went out with a rather well to do industrial chemist. He became insufferable and a bore so I dumped him. I think he was incredulous I dumped him.

He used to brag about the supermodel type girlfriends he had and honestly thought dumpy old me would be grateful he chose me.

For the best part of a year he text, phoned, emailed, stalked me. Didn't once acknowledge him. He even turned up at my office.

I confronted him and said I have cousins who would happily pound him into the following week just for the fun of it if he didn't leave me alone. That did the trick.

The next person to be infatuated with me was different: I felt the same and he moved in nine months ago!

over a year ago

Not from Fab, but a few years ago, a married guy I worked with became a bit bunny boilerish. We were friends, nothing more. Then he started leaving presents on my desk all the time , sending emails and asking to meet for coffee incessantly.

I had had enough one day and went and dumped what he'd got me on his desk . Told him I'd be forwarding it all to his wife if he sent me one more thing! (I wouldn't have , but had to call his bluff as it was getting freaky and uncomfortable at work !)

over a year ago

Had a couple of bunny boilers in my youth. Good for the ego, but uncomfortable.

over a year ago

not that i was aware at the time and not really infatuation- but we came across a man in chat that i had met as a single -(i didnt even remember him but thats a whole other story -) - he had met me once but remembered the date and everything - really creepy

Post new Message to Thread