Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Recipe books..

Jump to newest

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I've just bought a new one and can't wait to try recipes from it...I have quite a few recipe books..what ones do you own? Simple things in life please me at the moment

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I've just bought a new one and can't wait to try recipes from it...I have quite a few recipe books..what ones do you own? Simple things in life please me at the moment "

I have Delia and Ramsey and my own family recipes

over a year ago

"I've just bought a new one and can't wait to try recipes from it...I have quite a few recipe books..what ones do you own? Simple things in life please me at the moment

I have Delia and Ramsey and my own family recipes "

Oh and the green face emoticom ...what does it mean?

By *ingle Beds LassWoman
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

I have given up on books unless whilst foraging online for recipes that include x and y and some of that, I find someone who has lots of stuff I like, Hairy Bikers at the moment. I can't wait to move and get me a decent sized kitchen with social area !!!!

over a year ago

"I've just bought a new one and can't wait to try recipes from it...I have quite a few recipe books..what ones do you own? Simple things in life please me at the moment

Oh and the green face emoticom ...what does it mean?"

Vomit

over a year ago

I like the early Jamie Oliver books, have a 20 year old Mary Berry book with a recipe for everything, the hairy bikers slimming and curry books are excellent. And just to read, Heston Blumenthal's Fat Duck recipe book.

over a year ago

"I have given up on books unless whilst foraging online for recipes that include x and y and some of that, I find someone who has lots of stuff I like, Hairy Bikers at the moment. I can't wait to move and get me a decent sized kitchen with social area !!!!"

My kitchen is quite big but everyone seems to just stay in the kitchen lol

over a year ago

Vomit "

Oh lol

over a year ago

Vomit

Oh lol "

over a year ago

Vomit

Oh lol

"

Now that's more like the look of vomit

over a year ago

Oh and the green face emoticom ...what does it mean?"

To me Is I am now a Grinning Geordie

is blueeerrgghhh

over a year ago

John Burton Race...great recipe for spaghetti bolognese.

By *ingle Beds LassWoman
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

"I have given up on books unless whilst foraging online for recipes that include x and y and some of that, I find someone who has lots of stuff I like, Hairy Bikers at the moment. I can't wait to move and get me a decent sized kitchen with social area !!!!

My kitchen is quite big but everyone seems to just stay in the kitchen lol "

Mine is a tiny L shaped one with no social space at all

over a year ago

To me Is I am now a Grinning Geordie

is blueeerrgghhh "

Ha .....well at least I know now

over a year ago

A free recipe book I got with a magazine donkeys years ago.

It's all food splattered and torn...

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I have some hand me downs from my mother complete with scoring out and recipes added on the inside covers, scraps of paper and the back of envelopes.

over a year ago

Some waste not food type ones I've endeavoured to promise to use

over a year ago

"I have some hand me downs from my mother complete with scoring out and recipes added on the inside covers, scraps of paper and the back of envelopes."

That's lovely.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

I have quite a few Indian and Chinese ones because that is my fave food. Ok maybe second fave.

By *ertiVogtsMan
over a year ago

Exeter

I don't think that I've ever owned a recipe book.My son used to describe my cooking as "interesting".I chose to interpret that as a compliment.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Tom kerridge.. proper lush

over a year ago

Nigella, Jamie Oliver and River Cottage all get well used in my kitchen.

over a year ago

"Tom kerridge.. proper lush "

Evening Olov

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

ive got the bero book from 10+ years ago and still use it now to make the pastry i want

most of the books i have are the older ones with alot more recipes in them than the new ones i also have the readers digest cooking laminated recipes

as i mostly like the sweet side of cooking i have more cake, trifles and buns recipes

over a year ago

Loads. My most used one's are Delia's and Jamie Oliver's. However some of my favourite recipes are from the River Café books. That said I tend to cook my own recipes that I've developed over the years as I started cooking at 19 and I'm fookin' ancient

over a year ago

I still use my college cook books, 3 of the best books I got. No need for any other. One day I will have my own book for recipes I got from chefs over the years.

over a year ago

My old and battered bero book is my bible for everything and has been since.......forever.x

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I don't use recipe books - I'm always disappointed with the results. I'm happy just to chuck things together.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I have a 35 year old Marguerite Patten one that I used to use when I cooked. Now I just eat and if I cook it's just for me so will be something quick and very simple.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

Many, including a Good Housekeeping one and a Mary Berry one. But my old faithful, that I use most of the time, bought my niece when she first left home, will buy both our children when they do too, and insisted my mum let me take when I left home, is her Dairy Book of Home Cookery she got from the milkman.

Simple, easy, cheap recipes. Recommend it anyone who is just starting out.

Bit battered now though.

(Literally on the pancake recipe page...)

Mr ddc

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Nigella, Hugh, Mary, Good Housekeeping (more than fifty years old).

At the moment the WI book of home preserving is getting heavy use, but my most used of all is the Be Ro book. I have one from the seventies and also one from the noughties. Whenever they bring out a new edition it's on sale next to the flour in the supermarket and is less than a fiver. For basic how to bake almost anything it's clear and helpful. It tells you which shelf in your oven to use and as well as a wide variety of cake recipes (and scones and biscuits and pastry) it gives the basic recipe for all kinds of icing and frosting.

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

have you noticed with the bero books that not much has changed in them from the older book to the newer book of bero

ive only found 3 books so far that has all the ways to do the pastry in the book thats been sold

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS
over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

i often buy them and never use them ..just given a load away for that reason ..i tend to make up things ..usually works out ok

By *ot monkey71Couple
over a year ago

middlesbrough

"Nigella, Hugh, Mary, Good Housekeeping (more than fifty years old).

At the moment the WI book of home preserving is getting heavy use, but my most used of all is the Be Ro book. I have one from the seventies and also one from the noughties. Whenever they bring out a new edition it's on sale next to the flour in the supermarket and is less than a fiver. For basic how to bake almost anything it's clear and helpful. It tells you which shelf in your oven to use and as well as a wide variety of cake recipes (and scones and biscuits and pastry) it gives the basic recipe for all kinds of icing and frosting."

I use the Be-ro book and have done on and off for years, my mum had a copy too. You can access it online, not sure if all their recipes are on it tho

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

nigella .. love her

Post new Message to Thread