Back to The Lounge

Paranoid or justified?

Jump to newest

By *remiumChocolate_milk OP   Man
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Just had quite a strange encounter.

Picture the scene;

It's 6pm and people are wandering home after work. I'm walking too, and chatting on my phone, but out of the corner of my eye I can see someone behind me on a bicycle. I move over a bit (although the path is at least 3 metres wide) and my spider senses are heightened due to the presence of this stranger.

He goes past me then asks why I am so paranoid. I'm on the phone, so I just pretend I fail to hear him and make a non threatening hand gesture. He asks me again and carries on cycling. My spider senses are still tingling and a bit further along the path he meets up with a mate of his who then takes the bike. By this point I've finished my phone call and have spotted the opportunity to take a short cut and avoid any further verbal contact because,

a) they seem a bit more agile than me

and b) I didn't want to make the situation worse

My questions to my fellow fabsters are do you think I was right in not responding to him and if not, what would you have done in this situation?

For the record, I didn't think I was paranoid at the time (although what happened in the minute or two after changed that). Also, I have a Samsung S5, so on reflection, that's a phone which can be valuable on the black market - although theft of anything is bad.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ath_Neil_bifunCouple
over a year ago

near cardiff

You should have given him the Vs,spat at him,and then battered the shit out of him!

Or probably best to just take the short cut.last thing you want when you are on your way home is a potential fight.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes i think your right to ignore them it could of been a trap to rob you of valuables etc, i would of done the same

over a year ago

You're in MK, not paranoid at all.

over a year ago

To be honest I find the fact he questioned you a little odd, most people wouldn't do that

over a year ago

"To be honest I find the fact he questioned you a little odd, most people wouldn't do that"

over a year ago

Paranoid no. I think you was cautious Simeone was behind you and you didn't want to get run over.

I

over a year ago

"You're in MK, not paranoid at all."

Exactly that's why we live in the sticks round here!!

By *icky999Man
over a year ago

warrington

Any interaction while your on a bike on the pavement immediately getting launched

just because your paranoid doesnt mean there not out to get you

over a year ago

Id of said cos I am fuckin paranoid so fuck off ya creep lol xxxx hope ur ok x

over a year ago

"Just had quite a strange encounter.

Picture the scene;

It's 6pm and people are wandering home after work. I'm walking too, and chatting on my phone, but out of the corner of my eye I can see someone behind me on a bicycle. I move over a bit (although the path is at least 3 metres wide) and my spider senses are heightened due to the presence of this stranger.

He goes past me then asks why I am so paranoid. I'm on the phone, so I just pretend I fail to hear him and make a non threatening hand gesture. He asks me again and carries on cycling. My spider senses are still tingling and a bit further along the path he meets up with a mate of his who then takes the bike. By this point I've finished my phone call and have spotted the opportunity to take a short cut and avoid any further verbal contact because,

a) they seem a bit more agile than me

and b) I didn't want to make the situation worse

My questions to my fellow fabsters are do you think I was right in not responding to him and if not, what would you have done in this situation?

For the record, I didn't think I was paranoid at the time (although what happened in the minute or two after changed that). Also, I have a Samsung S5, so on reflection, that's a phone which can be valuable on the black market - although theft of anything is bad."

You did right.

I teach "stuff" like this. Avoid at all times where possible.

By *remiumChocolate_milk OP   Man
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Thanks guys and gals

I'm pleased at the way I handled things and will keep my eye on the local newspaper website to see if there are any thefts reported.

over a year ago

"Thanks guys and gals

I'm pleased at the way I handled things and will keep my eye on the local newspaper website to see if there are any thefts reported."

Great stereo type

over a year ago

Sorry to of made you paranoid but your conversation was interesting on the phone . As for giving my mate the bike I think you will find if you looked closely he had a kitchen knife and no bread.

Him

over a year ago

"Sorry to of made you paranoid but your conversation was interesting on the phone . As for giving my mate the bike I think you will find if you looked closely he had a kitchen knife and no bread.

Him"

pmsl

over a year ago

"You're in MK, not paranoid at all.

Exactly that's why we live in the sticks round here!! "

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Friend of mine was robbed at Pitsea station the other day.. phone and Ipad .. not happy . best be aware .

I think it best to have a blue tooth or ear fone in and fone in pocket then they cant actually see what you have.

Post new Message to Thread