FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why so many girls pretending to be single?

Jump to newest

By *4STY OP   Woman
over a year ago

Luanda/Angola

Really fed with the girls that have a single profile looking for women only and than all the sudden comes a bf in the picture. Why don't they just do a couple's profile instead of tricking people.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Really fed with the girls that have a single profile looking for women only and than all the sudden comes a bf in the picture. Why don't they just do a couple's profile instead of tricking people. "
Hellow neighbour and I know what you mean there lol x.

By *hortieWoman
over a year ago

Northampton

"Really fed with the girls that have a single profile looking for women only and than all the sudden comes a bf in the picture. Why don't they just do a couple's profile instead of tricking people. "

If they want to play as a couple on a singles profile, keep the messages and report.

over a year ago

We are finding its about 99% of all "single" fems are either not actually even female, vanish into the mist should you ask for a phone chat to confirm they are real OR as you state suddenly have a FB/BF or Hubby who "has to come too!"

we report them but nothing seems to happen to be honest!! just block and move on is our motto now!!

By *arksidesubCouple
over a year ago

not far from you..

Married here..was on as a couple but hubby is no longer interested..but I still made a single profile of my own..No he does nor know about my profile..but I don't hide the fact that I'm married to others on here..maybe it's because I'm happy in my marriage & wanting alittle fun with NSA..and thoes who are not happy...really do want & are looking for someone else?...Mmm...

Bambi x

over a year ago

"Really fed with the girls that have a single profile looking for women only and than all the sudden comes a bf in the picture. Why don't they just do a couple's profile instead of tricking people.

We are finding its about 99% of all "single" fems are either not actually even female, vanish into the mist should you ask for a phone chat to confirm they are real OR as you state suddenly have a FB/BF or Hubby who "has to come too!"

we report them but nothing seems to happen to be honest!! just block and move on is our motto now!!"

Just to clarify too.... its not the marital status or if you have a FB/BF or Hubby.... its the single female profiles, with no mention of any additional partner, who chat along for however long, not mentioning said additional "must attendee" untill the 11th hour we find frustrating and unfortunately all too common!

over a year ago

"

We are finding its about 99% of all "single" fems are either not actually even female, vanish into the mist should you ask for a phone chat to confirm they are real

"

I'm a single woman who won't chat on the phone. I assure you, I'm very real. And last time I checked I was female. But I don't just through couple's hoops like a lapdog.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

We are finding its about 99% of all "single" fems are either not actually even female, vanish into the mist should you ask for a phone chat to confirm they are real

I'm a single woman who won't chat on the phone. I assure you, I'm very real. And last time I checked I was female. But I don't just through couple's hoops like a lapdog."

There aren't many people who would consider being asked to chat in the phone prior to meeting 'jumping through a couple's hoops like a lap dog'. In fact most women considering meeting a couple will want to chat to them on the phone prior to meeting, for exactly the same reasons.

You may not wish to chat on the phone to people yourself, but there's really no need to be ridiculously melodramatic about those who do, either.

over a year ago

"

I'm a single woman who won't chat on the phone. I assure you, I'm very real. And last time I checked I was female. But I don't just through couple's hoops like a lapdog.

There aren't many people who would consider being asked to chat in the phone prior to meeting 'jumping through a couple's hoops like a lap dog'. In fact most women considering meeting a couple will want to chat to them on the phone prior to meeting, for exactly the same reasons.

You may not wish to chat on the phone to people yourself, but there's really no need to be ridiculously melodramatic about those who do, either."

It's not melodramatic. By insisting on phone or cam chat you are effectively accusing someone of being fake.

over a year ago

Some of us unicorns exist x x xx lol

over a year ago

"Really fed with the girls that have a single profile looking for women only and than all the sudden comes a bf in the picture. Why don't they just do a couple's profile instead of tricking people.

we report them but nothing seems to happen to be honest!! just block and move on is our motto now!!"

Report them. Admin do change theirprofile to couples instead of single female.

over a year ago

"

You may not wish to chat on the phone to people yourself, but there's really no need to be ridiculously melodramatic about those who do, either."

She's not being melodramatic just stating what she's not prepared to do. I'm totally with her! If people, and yes that includes couples, demand a phone call to prove I'm genuine there is no chance! If people can't work out that a profile is genuine and start making demands then they are alienating the group they try to meet. The only thing for it then is to start a whiny thread saying 99% of females are not genuine. Pathetic!!

over a year ago

I still get called fake when I don't give a stranger my phone number lol

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Actually no its not!! I'm very much single with no fb/hubby/bf who wants to watch/be there, I social with a number of 'single' fems from this site who also don't!!

over a year ago

I'm a single female and I know of lots on here, especially on the forums. They definitely seem real to me.

over a year ago

It's because there are fewer female profiles on here than couples so they'll attract more attention. It depends if they meet alone as well though....if they will never meet alone only as a couple with the same person, then report it.

Oh, and I won't go on the phone or on cam to prove myself either. I feel like if you need to do that with someone you already have doubts about them.

over a year ago

I'm a single female & I'm definitely not fake!!

By *ove bi guysWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

Another single fem here. V single but no calls or Skype from me either.

If people cannot decide I am genuine from my varied feedback then they are probably a little too indecisive for me

Feel no need what so ever to prove myself on here

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/04/15 07:37:20]

over a year ago

"

It's not melodramatic. By insisting on phone or cam chat you are effectively accusing someone of being fake."

Exactly. There's no way I can be comfortable with someone if they think from the outset that I'm somehow not real.

It's amazing though. I've talked to a fair few couples on here and inevitably within four or five messages I say 'would you like to get coffee?' and then silence. Nothing.

Fake?

over a year ago

I'm a single playing away , so bored of couple messaging demanding to phone or Skype boring .... asking to meet then end up being just the hubby .

I always meet with other single women on here at social now

Really not here to listen to some wanker over the phone or play on Skype

over a year ago

I'm single and real....no bf,hubby etc thank god

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"I'm a single playing away , so bored of couple messaging demanding to phone or Skype boring .... asking to meet then end up being just the hubby .

Really not here to listen to some wanker over the phone or play on Skype"

Hit the 'end call' button on Skype the moment said 'wanker' starts wanking. That is what I do and then also block him on Skype and here too

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/04/15 07:50:21]

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Oooh heres a change it's not a single guy bashing thread..

over a year ago

"I'm a single playing away , so bored of couple messaging demanding to phone or Skype boring .... asking to meet then end up being just the hubby .

Really not here to listen to some wanker over the phone or play on Skype

Hit the 'end call' button on Skype the moment said 'wanker' starts wanking. That is what I do and then also block him on Skype and here too"

I just don't do it now , so meany people on here when they start demanding things I just move onto the next couple there is so many on here

over a year ago

most are probably men pretending to be women! wtf that is abt i dnt know but lots of em on here and there not reading the forums, are they?

over a year ago

I've had a single profile on here, specifically to meet sexy ladies. I mentioned on the profile that although part of a couple and refered to our couples profile, it was purely so that people could view veris and see that I was indeed real. I was always happy to chat on the phone to ladies or couples to touch base and get a sense of who they were...no alterior motive, it just made sense to me. My meets were always great fun. To be fair I would out timewasters and husbands with nothing to do early on in the on lie messages.

over a year ago

I feel that the fakes which do exist on here make it harder for the genuine folk to meet - so many threads on here discussing how people have been 'burned' by fake profiles, it alters how they approach meets and meeting - not necessarily for the better.

Its an unpleasant aspect of the scene today - to be considered with suspicion from the outset and having to 'prove' yourself to a stranger.

As a single guy, its just as bad. We are still considered just as 'fake' as single females, but in a myriad of different aspects (because single females don't tend to create single males profile on this site unless they fancy the challenge).

So many 'threads of angst' start because people forget that first and foremost, its about a meeting of minds - not a meeting of genitals. But swinging has changed. Its become far more ephemeral, the idea of near-instant gratification means short-circuiting the process of 'like mindedness' and becomes more about acceding to the stronger will or demands - often based on a perceived power base of gender or status.

Ultimately, it should be about a meeting of minds - something which I think is often overlooked. Meeting 'likeminded' people means meeting and getting along with those who play the game YOUR way and the 'hoops' are mutual which you're both more than happy to 'jump' though (to further Wasps analogy).

over a year ago

I do have bit on my profile say I do have couples profile with hubby.I do meet on my own but in clubs where hubby is to.he happy for me to go of and play on my own.

over a year ago

" We are finding its about 99% of all "single" fems are either not actually even female, vanish into the mist should you ask for a phone chat to confirm they are real OR as you state suddenly have a FB/BF or Hubby who "has to come too!"

Must be in the 1% then x

over a year ago

It really interesting how people react on these forums!

Why do the "real" single females feel the need to defend some unstated position of being fake themselves? And why do people only read what they want to read? Its wonderfull to hear all you Single women are out there, but then no one said you're not, it was a complaint about the number of people who profess to be single females, who then "have" to meet with their partner! ie as a cpl!

So thanks for all the "I am real" statements but no one said you were not....? just that there are LOTS who aren't!

over a year ago

"It really interesting how people react on these forums!

Why do the "real" single females feel the need to defend some unstated position of being fake themselves? And why do people only read what they want to read? Its wonderfull to hear all you Single women are out there, but then no one said you're not, it was a complaint about the number of people who profess to be single females, who then "have" to meet with their partner! ie as a cpl!

So thanks for all the "I am real" statements but no one said you were not....? just that there are LOTS who aren't! "

Are you referring to females who pull the 'bait & switch' with their male partner included in the play - or where a lady has a male accompany her for her own safety (who does not take part in play at all)?

Because I would see the latter as acceptable behaviour to ensure peoples safety - a single meeting a couple is already disadvantaged in terms of the 'power' dynamic and may find him or herself in a disadvantaged situation should play goes sideways (which is not unknown).

over a year ago

I would say the reason is a single female profile is a more attractive prospect to the masses than a couple ~ hence the reason some couples show mainly female pics.

If you know of a profile who only plays as a couple than report them to admin.

over a year ago

We'll I meet singles and alone and on a couples profile as I am married not single. Other half not really now into this but it still don't make me single.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

You may not wish to chat on the phone to people yourself, but there's really no need to be ridiculously melodramatic about those who do, either.

It's not melodramatic. By insisting on phone or cam chat you are effectively accusing someone of being fake."

It's completely melodramatic, because she called the entirely reasonable request to talk on the phone jumping 'through hoops like a couple's lap dog', not because it is to do with being fake or not. Please read what you are replying to properly before opining on it.

As to whether it implies she is fake or not, it's like this. People here CHOOSE to do exactly what they wish, to determine for themselves if they think that someone is real or fake.

For some people, that means speaking to people on the phone. If you don't like that, then you don't meet with them, it's really very simple.

No hoops to jump, no needing to feel that you are being accused of being fake, no need to be melodramatic. Just part of the process that matches people with other people because they all feel comfortable enough with each other to do so, by whatever method they choose.

over a year ago

So thanks for all the "I am real" statements but no one said you were not....? just that there are LOTS who aren't!

Are you referring to females who pull the 'bait & switch' with their male partner included in the play - or where a lady has a male accompany her for her own safety (who does not take part in play at all)?

Because I would see the latter as acceptable behaviour to ensure peoples safety - a single meeting a couple is already disadvantaged in terms of the 'power' dynamic and may find him or herself in a disadvantaged situation should play goes sideways (which is not unknown)."

I'm a truly single bi fem. I meet mf couples mainly. I have nobody to accompany me on any meets. I'm responsible for myself and wouldn't meet if I thought there was even the smallest chance of it going the wrong way.

As a single fem you surely should only ever meet as such!

I agree op. Way too many fems with fb's or bf's lurking.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

She's not being melodramatic just stating what she's not prepared to do."

See above.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

It's not melodramatic. By insisting on phone or cam chat you are effectively accusing someone of being fake.

"

You seem to be unaware of the possibility that people may also wish to chat with someone on the phone to ascertain if they will get on with that person, if they feel any connection with them, before making arrangements and taking the time and trouble to meet someone in person.

Or do you also disregard that as an acceptable thing for people other than you to want to do?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/04/15 08:54:02]

over a year ago

"

You seem to be unaware of the possibility that people may also wish to chat with someone on the phone to ascertain if they will get on with that person, if they feel any connection with them, before making arrangements and taking the time and trouble to meet someone in person.

Or do you also disregard that as an acceptable thing for people other than you to want to do?"

That's perfectly fine, although I still wouldn't agree to it. It's the implication that people who don't want to do that are automatically fakes or time wasters that I personally object to (can't speak for anyone else).

over a year ago

One persons reasonable is another persons unreasonable.

So much 'melodrama' comes from people feeling they have to assume the other person is wrong, rather than accepting that they play by different rules and are able to respect that and realise that they are not someone with whom they share a like-minded view.

over a year ago

When I had a singles profiles I would and could meet alone although it was rare I wanted to but did say while I'd meet singles alone. I would only meet couples via the couples profile.

Had a few.people say why was I on a singles profile.... The thing is I did meet alone just only met couples as a couple. Not my fault they didn't read the profile

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

So thanks for all the "I am real" statements but no one said you were not....? just that there are LOTS who aren't! "

Yes, exactly.

That is the standard for the Fab forums though, and you will see it all the time. If anyone states anything that they think is the case in general, someone will assume that person is addressing them in person in order to refute it.

What people often fail to remember here that they as individuals do not represent the entirety of the membership on Fab, and that there are as many differences in those people and their opinions and behaviour as there are members.

Still, it's all part of life's rich tapestry, and everyone is lovely in their own way. Hooray for Fab!

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

Or do you also disregard that as an acceptable thing for people other than you to want to do?

That's perfectly fine, although I still wouldn't agree to it. It's the implication that people who don't want to do that are automatically fakes or time wasters that I personally object to (can't speak for anyone else). "

That is an implication that is irrelevant to you though, is it not? The people who imply that, you don't meet with. It doesn't affect you beyond that, surely?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Back on track ..........

The ones who amuse me are the 'couples' profiles that message with .......

........ ' hi male half here. Sandra/Suzy/Barbie isn't playing tonight but I have permission to play alone' ......

Do they all share the same script.......

I often want to ask if Sandra/Suzy/Barbie has an air stopper.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"One persons reasonable is another persons unreasonable.

So much 'melodrama' comes from people feeling they have to assume the other person is wrong, rather than accepting that they play by different rules and are able to respect that and realise that they are not someone with whom they share a like-minded view."

Yes, which is exactly what I said.

over a year ago

I've had a lot of that too. It drives me mad to be honest

over a year ago

"

That's perfectly fine, although I still wouldn't agree to it. It's the implication that people who don't want to do that are automatically fakes or time wasters that I personally object to (can't speak for anyone else).

That is an implication that is irrelevant to you though, is it not? The people who imply that, you don't meet with. It doesn't affect you beyond that, surely?"

Nope. Just suggesting a reason why people might object to it, that's all. And why I didn't think the original statement was melodramatic either.

over a year ago

Think everybody has lost sight of what op said .

When contacting and meeting single fems. There should be nobody else involved in any capacity.

If they have anybody else who will be involved in any way at all they simply should have a couple's profile.

Fact is so many aren't honest about what they are.

And c'mon that's shit and just not right is it?!

over a year ago

There are 2 sides to every story. We can see both. We love a bifem to join us- who wouldn't? Some years ago we were approached on another site. After some exchange a meet was agreed. We couldn't call as she worked shifts etc - nurse. We were given her address to visit, but we had our suspicions so I was working in the area to check it out. No joy nothing gained! We changed the venue to chams and decided to wait outside the house before the designated time. She was a tv. So point is, if verified by several ppl no need for a call. No verifications a call is needed. We hate the "call" we find it awkward but sometimes necessary.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

Nope. Just suggesting a reason why people might object to it, that's all. And why I didn't think the original statement was melodramatic either. "

Okay, to clarify then. You think that if a couple are seeking to meet with another person, and they ask to speak to that person on the phone prior to meeting, they are asking that person to jump 'through hoops like a lap dog'?

over a year ago

"Back on track ..........

The ones who amuse me are the 'couples' profiles that message with .......

........ ' hi male half here. Sandra/Suzy/Barbie isn't playing tonight but I have permission to play alone' ......

Do they all share the same script.......

I often want to ask if Sandra/Suzy/Barbie has an air stopper. "

Or "Any ladies want to come over and fuck my man.."

over a year ago

So much 'melodrama' comes from people feeling they have to assume the other person is wrong, rather than accepting that they play by different rules and are able to respect that and realise that they are not someone with whom they share a like-minded view."

There are no rules for how people use their own Fab profile, it's their life and they can live it as they wish. For people to have the automatic default thoughts of 'fake' if someone doesn't want to speak on the phone or over is Skype is their business as well and perfectly understandable due to amount of actual fakes on here but it doesn't mean they're right.

If a lady is on here under a single fem profile and no mention is made of a partner then I agree, they should be meeting as a single fem. If they have a partner, of whatever status and they're available to play with as well should things go that way and everyone wants to then cool, state that on your profile. I think it's the not revealing it at the beginning that gets to people.

over a year ago

This is a thread about how annoying it is that sadly not everybody On the site is honest about what they really are or how they meet.

over a year ago

"

It's completely melodramatic, because she called the entirely reasonable request to talk on the phone jumping 'through hoops like a couple's lap dog', not because it is to do with being fake or not. Please read what you are replying to properly before opining on it.

As to whether it implies she is fake or not, it's like this. People here CHOOSE to do exactly what they wish, to determine for themselves if they think that someone is real or fake.

For some people, that means speaking to people on the phone. If you don't like that, then you don't meet with them, it's really very simple.

No hoops to jump, no needing to feel that you are being accused of being fake, no need to be melodramatic. Just part of the process that matches people with other people because they all feel comfortable enough with each other to do so, by whatever method they choose.

"

It's not a reasonable request to speak on the phone. Plenty of people won't do it but it has become part of a ridiculous mantra of establishing that someone is 'real'

And this very response and your clear indignation that someone actually challenges what you expect them to do only reinforces the 'jumping through hoops' comment.

over a year ago

"

Nope. Just suggesting a reason why people might object to it, that's all. And why I didn't think the original statement was melodramatic either.

Okay, to clarify then. You think that if a couple are seeking to meet with another person, and they ask to speak to that person on the phone prior to meeting, they are asking that person to jump 'through hoops like a lap dog'?"

If we are asked to speak on the phone we won't meet. End of.

If someone needs a telephone chat with crystal to prove we are genuine and can't work it out any other way then quite simply they aren't the type of people we want to meet.

over a year ago

"

Okay, to clarify then. You think that if a couple are seeking to meet with another person, and they ask to speak to that person on the phone prior to meeting, they are asking that person to jump 'through hoops like a lap dog'?"

If the suggestion is that if they won't do this they are fake and a time waster, then yes, I do.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

Or confirming who someone is?

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

It's not a reasonable request to speak on the phone. Plenty of people won't do it but it has become part of a ridiculous mantra of establishing that someone is 'real'

And this very response and your clear indignation that someone actually challenges what you expect them to do only reinforces the 'jumping through hoops' comment. "

Sorry, once again you are responding to what you think is written there, not what is actually written there. Any indignation is purely in your mind.

However, totally happy for you to try to explain why asking to speak to someone on the phone is not a reasonable request - without colouring it with your own personal prejudice, of course.

over a year ago

"

Or do you also disregard that as an acceptable thing for people other than you to want to do?"

You suggest above with your comment that people who will not chat on the phone (for any reason) are not real. Hence your comment:

"

"

'Vanish into the mist' is a loaded statement that suggests that you believe they are fake, not genuine, not real.

I feel like having to 'prove' myself online - rather than just meeting for coffee - is a problem because people are believing from the outset that I am not real.

I really enjoy camming. I will not show my face on cam. That's because one of my friends found their webcam feed posted to a popular porn site and they couldn't remove it. There are real safety issues here. And before people suggest you can't do it with Skype - you absolutely can. I am a journalist who uses Skype for all my interviews - I have software that automatically records every single conversation - including video.

I don't want that to happen to me. I would prefer to meet someone for coffee where I can see who they are and what they are doing. If they whip a video camera out in the coffee shop, I can walk off. Immediately.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"Really fed with the girls that have a single profile looking for women only and than all the sudden comes a bf in the picture. Why don't they just do sa couple's profile instead of tricking people. "

Whilst I can understand the frustration and the potential for feeling conned, we're relatively laid back about a lady having someone present at a first meet, especially if it's a social, purely from a personal safety viewpoint.

Also, if we're dead nervous before a meet, how much worse must it be for a single woman meeting a couple for a first time?

Mr ddc

over a year ago

Yes I agree with you but in the forums assuming & non acceptance are common place & some will bang on to the bitter end...

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

Okay, to clarify then. You think that if a couple are seeking to meet with another person, and they ask to speak to that person on the phone prior to meeting, they are asking that person to jump 'through hoops like a lap dog'?

If the suggestion is that if they won't do this they are fake and a time waster, then yes, I do.

"

What about if there is no suggestion of being fake? It's still exactly the same thing. Is it still the hoops and lapdog scenario then?

over a year ago

"

What about if there is no suggestion of being fake? It's still exactly the same thing. Is it still the hoops and lapdog scenario then?"

On the other hand... what's wrong with coffee? Then you get to meet in person in a relaxed environment and see if you get on?

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

You suggest above with your comment that people who will not chat on the phone (for any reason) are not real. Hence your comment:

"

"

'Vanish into the mist' is a loaded statement that suggests that you believe they are fake, not genuine, not real.

"

Sorry, I never said that. You are quoting someone else there.

Would you like to answer the question I asked, instead, though? I'm interested in your thoughts on that point.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

What about if there is no suggestion of being fake? It's still exactly the same thing. Is it still the hoops and lapdog scenario then?

On the other hand... what's wrong with coffee? Then you get to meet in person in a relaxed environment and see if you get on?"

We visited a lady in Cornwall once. Everyone had an amazing time. That's a long way to go for an initial coffee, though.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

As an aside....lots of people give advice to single men when they have been let down that their process of arranging a meet has let them down, that they need to make sure the person is female, by phone call, cam etc etc....how would they do that if some couples and females don't think they have to prove that they are who they say they are?

People say that others should trust them when they say they are female or a couple, but why should they? we are all strangers on the internet

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I rarely Skype with complete strangers I may chat on the phone it depends and I'm single. I also rarely meet couples and other single women.

over a year ago

"As an aside....lots of people give advice to single men when they have been let down that their process of arranging a meet has let them down, that they need to make sure the person is female, by phone call, cam etc etc....how would they do that if some couples and females don't think they have to prove that they are who they say they are?

People say that others should trust them when they say they are female or a couple, but why should they? we are all strangers on the internet "

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

If you report them Admin look into it for you and change if needed.

To ayone else, if you find a profile with discrepancies on, report it instead of discussing the person on this thread.

Thanks

over a year ago

"

On the other hand... what's wrong with coffee? Then you get to meet in person in a relaxed environment and see if you get on?

We visited a lady in Cornwall once. Everyone had an amazing time. That's a long way to go for an initial coffee, though."

Yes it is, but that's just another way of determining that you're not suitable for each other.

I don't want an 8 hour drive when I fancy a fuck. I want someone local enough for coffee and a fuck.

We all have hoops for others to jump through. We all have hoops that we won't jump through. As a single female, I have the choice not to jump through hoops because there are so many people out there. Sucks, but it's true.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"As an aside....lots of people give advice to single men when they have been let down that their process of arranging a meet has let them down, that they need to make sure the person is female, by phone call, cam etc etc....how would they do that if some couples and females don't think they have to prove that they are who they say they are?

People say that others should trust them when they say they are female or a couple, but why should they? we are all strangers on the internet "

I would like to know who I'm meeting I'm not keen on "blind" meetings where you have seen one picture and not had a conversation. I value my safety as probably as others do. Also ive hidden my verifications so that makes it harder for people to find out if I'm genuine or not.

over a year ago

"

It's not melodramatic. By insisting on phone or cam chat you are effectively accusing someone of being fake. Or confirming who someone is?"

But I don't feel the need to confirm who I am to random people. I know I'm genuine. If someone doubts that they can simply pass us by.

Our refusal to talk on the phone or cam hasn't held us back on here.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

Personally speaking we would never use Skype or cam as an initial contact point, for all the reasons mentioned above. Far too easy to be abused.

over a year ago

"Personally speaking we would never use Skype or cam as an initial contact point, for all the reasons mentioned above. Far too easy to be abused."

And a phone conversation only tells you that they have a voicebox that can be interpreted as female.

It doesn't tell you if they are the same person as their pictures, or if they have a vagina, or any other things that people seem to think it does.

over a year ago

"

What about if there is no suggestion of being fake? It's still exactly the same thing. Is it still the hoops and lapdog scenario then?"

For me it's what the outcome is if they don't want to do that. If it's a situation of "if you won't speak to us on the phone/cam then we won't meet you" I'd class that as a hoop. If that's what you prefer but they said they didn't want to do that so you explored other options like meeting for a coffee with them then I probably wouldn't.

E.g. I prefer a social meet with no expectation of play first, but if there's some reason why that's not suitable then it's not a total deal breaker and I'd explore other options.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

We all have hoops for others to jump through. We all have hoops that we won't jump through. As a single female, I have the choice not to jump through hoops because there are so many people out there. Sucks, but it's true."

And of course, no-one else on here has to jump through those hoops either, whether they are a single man, single woman or a couple, because there are so many people out there.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

It's not melodramatic. By insisting on phone or cam chat you are effectively accusing someone of being fake. Or confirming who someone is?

But I don't feel the need to confirm who I am to random people. I know I'm genuine. If someone doubts that they can simply pass us by.

Our refusal to talk on the phone or cam hasn't held us back on here. "

That doesn't explain why you object to others deciding that it's what works for them, though, does it?

over a year ago

"

We all have hoops for others to jump through. We all have hoops that we won't jump through. As a single female, I have the choice not to jump through hoops because there are so many people out there. Sucks, but it's true.

And of course, no-one else on here has to jump through those hoops either, whether they are a single man, single woman or a couple, because there are so many people out there."

All the threads from couples moaning they can't find genuine single women would suggest otherwise.

over a year ago

"Personally speaking we would never use Skype or cam as an initial contact point, for all the reasons mentioned above. Far too easy to be abused."
even meeting a person they can still do a video on a phones and you know very little I know as done to me. Swinging is full of risks as people are strangers you don't really know them.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Personally speaking we would never use Skype or cam as an initial contact point, for all the reasons mentioned above. Far too easy to be abused.

And a phone conversation only tells you that they have a voicebox that can be interpreted as female.

It doesn't tell you if they are the same person as their pictures, or if they have a vagina, or any other things that people seem to think it does."

Yes...the phone would be a pretty poor method of gauging someone, if the only thing that a phone conversation could communicate was the sound of your voice!

Luckily, most people are familiar enough with human interactions to be a bit more sophisticated in their ability to interpret conversation.

over a year ago

I dont need a phone before I meet.

Because I don't jump in with 2 feet and careful about who I meet with plenty of chats beforehand (as in through here or offsite) and that doesn't usually involve a voice/skype/cam or whatever chat. I don't need that.

If someone needs to validate me to that degree that's probably someone I wouldn't meet.

In the entire 2 years I've been on here I've only ever been caught out once and that was ages ago.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

It's not melodramatic. By insisting on phone or cam chat you are effectively accusing someone of being fake. Or confirming who someone is?

Our refusal to talk on the phone or cam hasn't held us back on here. "

Thats up to you, but for others they want to confirm by other means , it might not mean they think you are fake, they just want confirmation.

For random people we would say sod off too, but I assumed the OP meant if they were looking at chatting with someonewith a view to meeting.

We don't talk on the phone until we are about to meet, but if someone says " look, I know you have a PV and verifications but they could all be old ones and you could well have split up and just be a man alone now, can you just confirm one of you is female before we carry on chatting then we would do so if we were interested in that person , normally by a face and chat on Webcam.

It is what most people are advised on this forum to do, get confirmation of who people are

over a year ago

Btw.... when I say "caught out"...I dont mean me.

over a year ago

We never Skype etc. simply because we can't be arsed but a phone call has always been needed for logistics as much as anything and so far they've always been reassuring - I think you can guage quite a lot from a chat but maybe we've just been lucky.

over a year ago

"

That doesn't explain why you object to others deciding that it's what works for them, though, does it?"

I haven't objected to anyone. I just agreed with Wasp Hunter' opinion.

If people want to insist on a call fine but people seem shocked that not everyone is willing to accommodate that

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

That doesn't explain why you object to others deciding that it's what works for them, though, does it?

I haven't objected to anyone. I just agreed with Wasp Hunter' opinion.

If people want to insist on a call fine but people seem shocked that not everyone is willing to accommodate that"

You said this: 'It's not a reasonable request to speak on the phone.'

That can't be read in any way other than as an objection, can it?

over a year ago

"

If people want to insist on a call fine but people seem shocked that not everyone is willing to accommodate that"

You don't accommodate either?

FAKE!

over a year ago

I think it's bizarre some people feel they are being accused of being a fake if someone wants a phone call. Personally I don't see an insult there. Possibly because I insist on a phone call before a meet, to gauge interaction.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I think it's bizarre some people feel they are being accused of being a fake if someone wants a phone call. Personally I don't see an insult there. Possibly because I insist on a phone call before a meet, to gauge interaction."

I do that too.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

If this goes to 175 it still won't answer the O.P's Q.

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

"

It doesn't tell you if they are the same person as their pictures, or if they have a vagina, or any other things that people seem to think it does."

I think most relatively switched on people could tell if a voice was really female on the phone. And a genuine female voice is a pretty good indicator that she is likely to have a vagina.

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

"I think it's bizarre some people feel they are being accused of being a fake if someone wants a phone call. Personally I don't see an insult there. Possibly because I insist on a phone call before a meet, to gauge interaction."

This

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

If we are chatting to a lady on the phone, we always ask them who their favourite Spice Girl is.

If they answer with anything other than 'Sporty', we know that they are really a man.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

I originally set up this profile to meet other women but soon got fed up with my boyfriend will be there but just to watch.... unless you want him to join in. Or the married and her husband doesn't know, I'm sorry but in my opinion FF is as much cheating as MF sex.

So I gave up.

I have written all over this profile that I am married, that I only meet in clubs and I only go to clubs with my husband. Once we are there we almost always play seperately. But I still get blocked and called a fake and have wasted their time all because they couldn't be bothered to read what is on the profile

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

It must be evident by now that the Internet attracts fakers of all varieties. Whether they are Nigerian businessmen offering £15m or people pretending to be something they are not for some spurious sexual kick there are fakers.

To be outraged and surprised by this seems a little naive. Are we not net savvy enough to know about it already?

Throwing made up statistics like 99% and accusations of being melodramatic won't change it. One simple test - do they show a number of veris which prove they meet as a single woman? No? Exercise a little caution.

over a year ago

"If this goes to 175 it still won't answer the O.P's Q. "

I thought I'd answered it early on...because a single female profile attracts more attention than a couple one!

over a year ago

On a couples profile I get 100s of letters my filters are turned up ...so I know you don't have to be single here to get that here.

over a year ago

"If we are chatting to a lady on the phone, we always ask them who their favourite Spice Girl is.

If they answer with anything other than 'Sporty', we know that they are really a man."

No man would admit to that. Your method is flawed

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

Because they can!

I don't think there's a difinitive answer to the question. It's very similar to single men posing as couples. Report and move on.

Best of luck finding what you are looking for

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

im married but don't have a couples profile for the simple reason of my hubby don't want to be involved and I do say this on my profile

By *uartermasterMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"I feel like having to 'prove' myself online - rather than just meeting for coffee - is a problem because people are believing from the outset that I am not real."

Nobody should have to prove anything - this is a cautious environment and people should respect that. I think a lot of the difficulties stem from not paying attention. I live by the rule that (unless something in a profile blows me away) I stick to what I am looking for. If a profile has one thing in it that is not to my taste I do not establish contact. It means being patient, but it also means almost never being disappointed.

The other thing to remember is they are reacting to you. If you make someone feel uncomfortable they will put up barriers. They'd be better to just block and move on, but they don't. Not everyone finds meeting strangers easy, and you have to respect that.

That said there is an issue where couples use singles profiles or where men pretend to be women. The former is often the sign of an abusive relationship and the woman may not be so willing as the profile makes out. The latter is just sad.

The best thing is to be choosy, assume someone is real, believe their profile, respect their choices, and move on when it doesn't feel right.

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"If we are chatting to a lady on the phone, we always ask them who their favourite Spice Girl is.

If they answer with anything other than 'Sporty', we know that they are really a man.

"

This man will admit to Sporty being his favourite Spice Girl back in their heyday.

Now I can't get enough of Mel B.

over a year ago

I am sure some couples have single profile to get more mail ..I could not cope here with a single one too that's all I know.

over a year ago

"To be outraged and surprised by this seems a little naive. Are we not net savvy enough to know about it already?"

I am more surprised about the amount of people who will associate their face with nudity online - on a cam especially. Or while talking about swinging on a cam.

That's perfect blackmail material, right there.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"To be outraged and surprised by this seems a little naive. Are we not net savvy enough to know about it already?

I am more surprised about the amount of people who will associate their face with nudity online - on a cam especially. Or while talking about swinging on a cam.

That's perfect blackmail material, right there."

One of the main reasons I never cam.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'm married but on a single profile. My wife has a fella she sees and I have this. We don't get involved in each other's extra activities. I don't have it on my profile, as all I got were messages asking if she'd be present, playing, watching, do their make up, would she be there if I were to show a pic of their cock to her, etc

over a year ago

I have encountered a fair amount of fake single fem profiles or profiles where they chat and want to meet but really have no intention of meeting and just want to send endless amounts of messages asking for pics. . But to be fair no more than the amount of fake couples profiles I was contacted by with my couples profile. There are a large amount of these profiles under every catagory of profile it's just a matter of finding a way to distinguish the genuine ones from the fake ones without becoming too cynical and accusing everyone of being non genuine. Only you can work out the right way for you to do it. But a certain amount of common sense will point you away from the fake ones.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Showing a face on cam doesn't have to be associated with nudity, we cam all the time with relatives on the same device we use to show face to potential meets.

( not at the same time obviously )

over a year ago

recently had a social where previously un mentioned bf turned up expecting to be involved in any future meets in a watching capacity. This was easily solved by picking up my coat and leaving. There was nothing I could have done to prevent this and put it down to experience will it but me off all other single girls. Definatly not !!

I reported profile to admin and it was changed so it's always worth reporting such things.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

Nothing any of us do here can remove all risks, guarantee safety or satisfaction and ensure that things are always entirely as we want them to be.

All that people can ever do is decide what works best for them and carry on, and that's why people shouldn't seek to be dismissive of what others choose to do or not do to ensure their safety is not at risk and time is not wasted.

It all comes down to personal choice.

over a year ago

i agree. not just single men and think this is good that someone helps us single guys

By *eithoWoman
over a year ago

Chatham

Completely agree.

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I don't skype or give out my number either, but perhaps I'm being a bit precious about it.

Mr has a phone that we use for Fab, but it's in his possession all the time. I do use kik, though.

Last night I did give the guy I was meeting my number, maybe it's time to relax my rules a little

over a year ago

"

I'm a single woman who won't chat on the phone. I assure you, I'm very real. And last time I checked I was female. But I don't just through couple's hoops like a lapdog."

Same here

I'm 100% female 100% single and I do and have met, however I never give my number out and I have no interest in chatting on the phone, people can come to what conclusion they like from that if that makes me a fake so be it

over a year ago

This man will admit to Sporty being his favourite Spice Girl back in their heyday.

Now I can't get enough of Mel B."

FAKE

over a year ago

"

Same here

I'm 100% female 100% single and I do and have met, however I never give my number out and I have no interest in chatting on the phone, people can come to what conclusion they like from that if that makes me a fake so be it"

She is 100% real!! Ello NN.XXX

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Now I can't get enough of Mel B.

FAKE "

Shit, I've been busted

over a year ago

Supply and demand.

Lots of couples hide behind a single women's profile. Lots of single men hide behind a couples profile. That's just the way some people try to make their profiles more attractive. Others tell lies about age or body type, it's just the way some people are. The site does its best to police this type of thing but the bottom line is that people should take responsibility for qualifying their own meets.

Whatever option one chooses to achieve this, be it just verifications, messages, a phone call or a coffee meet seem reasonable. After all its just one part of deciding whether or not you fancy the person and finding out whether they fancy you!

over a year ago

"If this goes to 175 it still won't answer the O.P's Q. "

No but its been entertaining discussing the OPs statement.

By *4STY OP   Woman
over a year ago

Luanda/Angola

I agree. I rarely give my number away. There's many apps where you can call without having my numbers and that's what I do. I use bbm where I easily can call someone without them knowing my number. And if the person doesn't want to download the app than I assume they fake or not that interested, so move on

By *4STY OP   Woman
over a year ago

Luanda/Angola

Please send the ones in London to me

By *4STY OP   Woman
over a year ago

Luanda/Angola

That's why I only chat to the woman. But we never know

By *4STY OP   Woman
over a year ago

Luanda/Angola

Agree

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

If you quote the person you are answering we will know who you are talking to

over a year ago

Why so many singles pretending to be girls

over a year ago

"Think everybody has lost sight of what op said .

When contacting and meeting single fems. There should be nobody else involved in any capacity.

If they have anybody else who will be involved in any way at all they simply should have a couple's profile.

Fact is so many aren't honest about what they are.

And c'mon that's shit and just not right is it?! "

over a year ago

over a year ago

I'm single n as my profile States im only looking for ff fun as I have a male fb so to spk any time , I'm genuinely only wanting ff fun but get so many males wanting to join in wen my profile says ff , men jus get too over excited over a ff profile n think they can change it ffs! Hope u find what ur looking for an get a genuine meet Hun

By *ngel n tedCouple
over a year ago

maidstone

We agree with the OP, as we only search for bi femmes, we don't see anyone else's gripes.......although i'm sure they're all valid

over a year ago

well said

Post new Message to Thread