Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Freezer..

Jump to newest

By *issHottieBottie OP   Woman
over a year ago

Kent

Went into my kitchen this morning and noticed the freezer wasn't shut properly.

Some smaller stuff had defrosted so stuck some in the Fridge to eat today and the rest got chucked (wasn't much thankfully). Tried to shut the door but it kept pinging open. So emptied the rest and took it to my mums.

Now the freezer seems to of kicked in and the seal seems to be ok again. I've just stuck some sausages in there to see if they freeze.

If I was a twit and left the door open last night and it defrosted would that stop the seal from working properly? And if so should it be ok now it's getting colder in there again??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think it needs to be cold to pull a slight vacuum, pop a bowl of water in to see if it freezes.

Sounds like a midnight magnum raid under the pretense of 'it's purely medicinal...for my poorly tonsils' to me

over a year ago

or it might have 'grown' some frost around the edges of the doorway, that's preventing it closing properly?

over a year ago

Kent

"or it might have 'grown' some frost around the edges of the doorway, that's preventing it closing properly?"

I've checked for all thst and given it a good wipe but it was clean and frost free.

over a year ago

Kent

"I think it needs to be cold to pull a slight vacuum, pop a bowl of water in to see if it freezes.

Sounds like a midnight magnum raid under the pretense of 'it's purely medicinal...for my poorly tonsils' to me"

Vacuum is coming back slowly ive just put water in too. It doesn't sound like the motor is going. The fridge seems ok though.

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

drawers and ice are usually the problem with freezers also sometimes freezers need defrosting and clearing of ice unless you have a no ice freezer

did you check your draws shut properly and are far enough back in the system

also has been mentioned look for ice near the door that needs cleaning off if not shutting properly

and i bet it was someone raiding the freezer for ice cream and ice cream cones

By *horltzMan
over a year ago

heysham

Should be good to go , just check the frosty edges haven't mishaped the seal

over a year ago

let me know if you need some more sausage

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

if its A new model the ice can build up at the vents at the back causing the freezer not to freeze properly

over a year ago

Kent

"drawers and ice are usually the problem with freezers also sometimes freezers need defrosting and clearing of ice unless you have a no ice freezer

did you check your draws shut properly and are far enough back in the system

also has been mentioned look for ice near the door that needs cleaning off if not shutting properly

and i bet it was someone raiding the freezer for ice cream and ice cream cones "

Yep ive done all that. It's a no ice freezer as well so there's no build up.

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

depending on your freezer model it still does freeze but not where it would be with older ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVXT7pZyk_o

theres either a slot at back of freezer or your freezer pipes are blocked

could even be the fan not turning to cool it

By *randub69Man
over a year ago

city

It sounds like the edges were all iced over,that's why it wouldn't close..

Then it defrosted when you took the food to your mums, so you should have no more problems now..

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

My fridge freezer is on its last legs

Post new Message to Thread