Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Diaries

Jump to newest

By *rcticFoxxx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

Did you keep one as a child? When did you stop?

Do you scrapbook stuff?

I had a book that I stuck pictures in when I was about 14... Pictures of me and my first boyfriend, our caravan passes for our first holiday together, birthday cards, pictures of my aunty who passed away, cards from my grandparents... I'll keep that forever.

I also have one with drawings, and diary-related crap... poems, weight records, rubbish stuff like that. Stuff about my ex-husband. Stuff that I don't really want to remember... but I can't bring myself to bin it, even though it says MRS SAMMI [insert surname here] all over the front.. and I wish to forget that part of my life.

I now have a faux leather diary from Paperchase that I love... magnetic flap on it, and one of those page keeper thingies. I'm documenting my year, from my 21st birthday onwards. My birthday was over 2 months ago, and I've only got things from 3 days in there... receipts from my birthday weekend, and cinema tickets from two separate occasions. My life is so unbelievably boring. So yeah, I've decided to actually start writing a diary again. Is 21 too old for a diary? Write down all my worries, happy moments...

If you kept a diary as a child/teenager... would you ever go back and read it?

On a separate note, has anybody used that 'future me' thing? You write a letter to your future self. I have one that's to be sent to me on my 30th birthday.

Anyway, that's enough of my incessant ramblings.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oudnproudWoman
over a year ago

penrith

What a great idea...

I keep a diary but its got appoitments, work schedule, sons appoitments (cos he has a better social life than me)

For my son though I keep a memory box, if we have a day out I get a leaflet of the place, we buy a postcard/pencil and date the leaflet and put it in the box.

we also try and get a pin badge of the places we go... so that they can go on his towel.

I keep anything special and keep in a shoebox...

theatre tickets, train tickets, cards..

its a great memory thing x

I would love to keep a proper diary, might set it for next year..

over a year ago

Hereabouts

That's lovely

I thought I would be doing more interesting things.. Like train tickets and theatre tickets lol. But unless I take a picture of everything I watch on Netflix then it's gonna take a while for me to fill my notebook lol

I used to go to Clarence Pier a lot and I'd always buy a bracelet with my tickets.. I've got about 6 somewhere. But all of those trips were with my ex...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My diary would be pretty boring.

Got up at 4 am . Put a good morning post up. Went to work

over a year ago

Hereabouts

"My diary would be pretty boring.

Got up at 4 am . Put a good morning post up. Went to work. Spent all day thinking about TGND "

Awwww

over a year ago

"My diary would be pretty boring.

Got up at 4 am . Put a good morning post up. Went to work. Spent all day thinking about TGND

Awwww "

haha not all day. Just most of it

over a year ago

my life is documented in photos.. ive so many albums its nuts.

we do scrap books for holidays though

over a year ago

Kept a diary as a kid. Usual crap..fancied so and so, hate my parents for grounding me, etc, etc.

But when I started seeing my hubby, I collected the stuff we did together, cinema tickets, receipts for meals, hotels etc, in a shoe-box. It did get abit full and on our wedding day, he gave me a massive box to carry on saving things, now its full of things from the kids, cards they have made, certificates for school etc. A real memory lane box.

x

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I still keep a journal to remember my good days and have a private rant about any bad days.I find it quite therapeutic.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I used to, but realised it was a list of what I was reading and what I was having for my tea.

over a year ago

A social worker suggested I writ a mood diary when I was about 12 I still write my diary to this day, it's just its been electronic for the past 20 years, at first on 5 1/4 floppy lol and now on a hard disk

Post new Message to Thread